Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,518 members, 7,816,254 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

China Spent $25B For 22,000MW And Nigeria $35B For 2500MW - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / China Spent $25B For 22,000MW And Nigeria $35B For 2500MW (3727 Views)

APC, Fashola Deny Promising 20,000MW Within Five Years / Amaechi's Claims On Recession Under Jonathan, 7,000MW Under PMB False – TheCable / Nigeria Hits 5,000MW Power Generation Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

China Spent $25B For 22,000MW And Nigeria $35B For 2500MW by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jan 04, 2015
[img][/img]
This is why we need change from the status quo,we can't continue to run a country like this. Look at the amount PDP spent in 16 years and the result . Is this a goverment that deserves a re-election? Vote Mohammed Buhari for change,he might not be perfect,but he's the better alternative.

3 Likes

Re: China Spent $25B For 22,000MW And Nigeria $35B For 2500MW by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 04, 2015
If this plant was commissioned 6 years ago then we have Yaradua to blame, don't you think?

I suspect that the late ex-president would be in APC consorting with Buhari if he were alive today but I may be wrong.

Anyway...how much was spent on Electricity during Buhari's tenure? How much electricity was made available to the average Nigerian at the time?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: China Spent $25B For 22,000MW And Nigeria $35B For 2500MW by blemon44(m): 4:01pm On Jan 04, 2015
@op you can not tell us who to vote

where is the source of this your news

dont come here and post bullshit and preach to us
who to vote and who not to vote
Re: China Spent $25B For 22,000MW And Nigeria $35B For 2500MW by shawnfamous(m): 4:04pm On Jan 04, 2015
Its because u dont ve sense,that is y u re postin dis....nw let me analyze ur low sense of reasoning 1 USD = 6.21 chinese Yuan (CNY)

1 USD = ₦194 so bros what do u expect! All those machines are been shipped! And d workers are foreigners,they are all paid in dollars be it 4rm asia or any part of d world! They are all paid in dollars! Currencies differ Nigga

1 Like

Re: China Spent $25B For 22,000MW And Nigeria $35B For 2500MW by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 04, 2015
blemon44:
@op you can not tell us who to vote

where is the source of this your news

dont come here and post bullshit and preach to us
who to vote and who not to vote
Why do you PDP members always want me to do reasearch for you. In 8 years Obasanjo spent $16 billion on Power which was embezzled by Liyel Imoke current Governor of Cross River State,Olusegun Agagu etc while under Yardua and Goodluck Jonathan $19.45 was spent on power. So in total $35.45 was spent by Nigera.PDP members are shameless thieves because they have a President that allows free looting without any consequence.
http://www.businessinsider.com/big-dam-resources-2014-8

10 Likes

Re: China Spent $25B For 22,000MW And Nigeria $35B For 2500MW by SLIDEwaxie(m): 4:26pm On Jan 04, 2015
shawnfamous:
Its because u dont ve sense,that is y u re postin dis....nw let me analyze ur low sense of reasoning 1 USD = 6.21 chinese Yuan (CNY)

1 USD = ₦194 so bros what do u expect! All those machines are been shipped! And d workers are foreigners,they are all paid in dollars be it 4rm asia or any part of d world! They are all paid in dollars! Currencies differ Nigga
you are the fool here bro. Its simple, if a book is sold for $10 on amazon, will a buyer from China pay a different amount in dollars less than the one in Nigeria?
The price is set, and the rest depends on how much it is in ur local currency.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: China Spent $25B For 22,000MW And Nigeria $35B For 2500MW by SweetJoystick(m): 4:31pm On Jan 04, 2015
shawnfamous:

You are very daft! Smh even if exchange rate differs, N194 using current black market exchange rate, the difference is way too clear in terms of mega watts achieved and cost of production... Abeg dey try reason before you post rubbish

12 Likes

Re: China Spent $25B For 22,000MW And Nigeria $35B For 2500MW by SweetJoystick(m): 4:32pm On Jan 04, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
you are the fool here bro. Its simple, if a book is sold for $10 on amazon, will a buyer from China pay a different amount in dollars less than the one in Nigeria?
No mind the idiot, e no even sabi how exchange rate dey work, he dey run him mouth

7 Likes

Re: China Spent $25B For 22,000MW And Nigeria $35B For 2500MW by shawnfamous(m): 4:35pm On Jan 04, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
heeehehehehee lol i laff at them, i am noting fumbling bt do u know i ve been 2 scotland and Instanbul in tunisia b4! As an athlete we were paid in dollars! Reason chap
Re: China Spent $25B For 22,000MW And Nigeria $35B For 2500MW by LRNZH(m): 4:36pm On Jan 04, 2015
By Nigerian standards, these Chinese are miracle workers....
See another example:

LRNZH:
Longtan Dam and Hydropower Station - Guangxi, China (Cost: $4.2 Billion US)
Longtan Dam is a large roller-compacted concrete (RCC) gravity dam on the Hongshui River in Tian'e County of the Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, China, a tributary of the Xi River and the Pearl River. The dam is 216.2 m (709.3 ft) high and 849 m (2,785 ft) long; it is the tallest of its type in the world. The dam is intended for hydroelectric power production, flood control and navigation. The dam contains seven surface spillways, two bottom outlets and an underground power station. The installed electric power generation capacity of the dam is 6,426MW.

More miracles can be found here: https://www.nairaland.com/2067016/photos-10-billion-us-dollars

1 Like

Re: China Spent $25B For 22,000MW And Nigeria $35B For 2500MW by tollu: 4:37pm On Jan 04, 2015
shawnfamous:

Loooool. Olodo

I learnt something from Shekarau during one of the 2011 presidential debates: "Sincerity of Purpose".
If a government is purposeful, it will show.
35 Billion Dollars gone. Poof. Just like that.

4 Likes

Re: China Spent $25B For 22,000MW And Nigeria $35B For 2500MW by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 04, 2015
seges:
[img][/img]
This is why we need change from the status quo,we can't continue to run a country like this. Look at the amount PDP spent in 16 years and the result . Is this a goverment that deserves a re-election? Vote Mohammed Buhari for change,he might not be perfect,but he's the better alternative.

If you are blaming PDP

It means you see all PDP members having one mind.

If I follow your logic

Can you explain why GEJ and OBJ are quarreling.?

Also tell us how much GEJ has spent and the amount of electricity generated

Tell us how much Yaradua spent and the amount of electricity generated

Tell us how much Obj spent and the amount of electricity generated

So that we can know the real thief.

3 Likes

Re: China Spent $25B For 22,000MW And Nigeria $35B For 2500MW by minister2015: 4:41pm On Jan 04, 2015
PDP has ruined Nigeria completely, the rate of looting with impunity is unprecedented. Nigeria has had money in the last 16year than any other time in history. This is the only country in the world that a president could say stealing is not corruption.

5 Likes

Re: China Spent $25B For 22,000MW And Nigeria $35B For 2500MW by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jan 04, 2015
seges:

Why do you PDP members always want me to do reasearch for you. Under Obasanjo $16 billion was spent on Power which was embezzled by Liyel Imoke current Governor of Cross River State,Olusegun Agaga etc while under Yardua and Goodluck Jonathan $19.45 was spent on power. So in total $35.45 was spent by Nigera.PDP members are shameless thieves because they have a President that allows free looting without any consequence.

Are OBJ and GEJ of one mind.? No

1 Like

Re: China Spent $25B For 22,000MW And Nigeria $35B For 2500MW by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 04, 2015
minister2015:
PDP has ruined Nigeria completely, the rate of looting with impunity is unprecedented. Nigeria has had money in the last 16year than any other time in history. This is the only country in the world that a president could say stealing is not corruption.

PDP or OBJ

To me PDP is a party made of different personalities

So dont judge GEJ based on OBJ's action
Re: China Spent $25B For 22,000MW And Nigeria $35B For 2500MW by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jan 04, 2015
seges:

Why do you PDP members always want me to do reasearch for you. In 8 years Obasanjo spent $16 billion on Power which was embezzled by Liyel Imoke current Governor of Cross River State,Olusegun Agagu etc while under Yardua and Goodluck Jonathan $19.45 was spent on power. So in total $35.45 was spent by Nigera.PDP members are shameless thieves because they have a President that allows free looting without any consequence.

Is Obasanjo an ally of APC or Nah?

Would Yaradua be in the company of APC if he were alive?

What people fail to realize is that the Nigerian party system, unlike that in America, has no ideology.

People decamp easily from one party to the other until the divisive party lines blur and the political class remain one and the same.

In other words, there is nothing PDP is doing that will be surmounted by APC.

In fact, I WANT APC TO WIN and will vote for Buhari for this reason....just to prove this point.

My regret though is that freedom of the press in condemning Buhari (as they are definitely going to want to do because he is another failure in the making), would be very much restricted.

If Nairaland still stands in 4 years we will be here having the last laugh.

3 Likes

Re: China Spent $25B For 22,000MW And Nigeria $35B For 2500MW by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 04, 2015
shawnfamous:

chai!!! guy, you are a disgrace to your fellow tanoid and a braindead cretin. This your comment is the dumbest I have ever seen in nairaland, it defies every sane and logical thinking. I honestly sympatize with your parents, they must be really ashamed of the flop cum fiasco that you are..

5 Likes

Re: China Spent $25B For 22,000MW And Nigeria $35B For 2500MW by LRNZH(m): 5:06pm On Jan 04, 2015
seges:
[img][/img]

OP you're crying with me on this matter of arrested development in Nigeria by PDP for 16 years.

35 plus Billion US dollars embezzled and a TANoid is blabbing about exchange rate.
When Nigerians buy the same Range Rovers, G Class, Phantoms, Private Jets as the Chinese they forget about exchange rate.

Abeg give me GMB and APC

1 Like

Re: China Spent $25B For 22,000MW And Nigeria $35B For 2500MW by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 04, 2015
LRNZH:

OP you're crying with me on this matter of arrested development in Nigeria by PDP for 16 years.

35 plus Billion US dollars embezzled and a TANoid is blabbing about exchange rate.
When Nigerians buy the same Range Rovers, G Class, Phantoms, Private Jets as the Chinese they forget about excahnge rate.

Abeg give me GMB and APC

I did'nt even want to respond to them,I was shocked at the stupidity of them using the exchange rate to explain the corruption under PDP. Look at this thread I posted the House committee report on how the PDP spent $16 billion under OBJ you will weep when you read the report on the massive corruption from over invoiceing by 1000%, duplicated projects,gave contracts to unregistered companies. Liyel Imoke,Olusegun Agagu and some indiviuals and corporate bodies were exposed to have raped this country to death,they are corrupt pschopaths
https://www.nairaland.com/2070811/pdp-men-responsible-16-years#29384431

2 Likes

Re: China Spent $25B For 22,000MW And Nigeria $35B For 2500MW by pendy79: 5:19pm On Jan 04, 2015
The most stupid people in the world are those supporting the PDP.

Imagine someone trying to distinguish JonaTAN from OBJ?
Didn't they rule under same party?
Whether na OBJ or YarAdua or JonaTAN, they are all children of same useless mother. The worst, most corrupt political party in the world.

No one can distinguish JonaTAN from his predecessors, Nigerians were fooled into saying we are voting JonaTAN and not PDP not knowing JonaTAN was the worst of the lot.

4 Likes

Re: China Spent $25B For 22,000MW And Nigeria $35B For 2500MW by juman(m): 5:21pm On Jan 04, 2015
pdp has nothing good to offer nigeria.

15 years of total failure.

2 Likes

Re: China Spent $25B For 22,000MW And Nigeria $35B For 2500MW by vanunu: 5:49pm On Jan 04, 2015
The average price [quote][/quote]to produce 1mw is $1million .
People should stop posting what they don' know
Re: China Spent $25B For 22,000MW And Nigeria $35B For 2500MW by Collynzo9: 5:58pm On Jan 04, 2015
Chinese have very poor labour policies.
They could have used children who are paid peanuts in some aspects of the projects, while the other workers are paid like slaves.
Modern slavery exists in China.
Re: China Spent $25B For 22,000MW And Nigeria $35B For 2500MW by LRNZH(m): 6:03pm On Jan 04, 2015
Collynzo9:
The could have used children who are paid peanuts in some aspects of the projects, while the other workers are paid like slaves.

So is that the main reason why we get 2,500 MW for $35Billion
and the Chinese get 20,000 MW for $25Billion?

Are you implying labour costs are the major cash sink in power projects enough to cause 100 fold difference in impact on wattage of power produced?

2 Likes

Re: China Spent $25B For 22,000MW And Nigeria $35B For 2500MW by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jan 04, 2015
Collynzo9:
The could have used children who are paid peanuts in some aspects of the projects, while the other workers are paid like slaves.
I feel you people did'nt understand the point I was trying to get across. With all the money spent on Powe generation after 16 years of PDP why are we only generating 3500MW. It's because of the massive corruption by the PDP who want us to stay in darkness while Ghana enjoys light.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/power-supply-drops-3500mw-due-gas-challenges-special-adviser/
Re: China Spent $25B For 22,000MW And Nigeria $35B For 2500MW by Collynzo9: 6:12pm On Jan 04, 2015
LRNZH:

So is that the main reason why we get 2, 500 MW for $35Billion and the Chinese get 20,000 Mw for $25Billion?

Are you implying labour costs are the major cash sink in power projects
I just took another look at the figures, I thought is was the same 2500 MW for both countries.
There could be a lot of reasons for that apart from the labour issues I already mentioned.
The fact that that we have to import more of the needed materials while China might not import at all, they have some of the basic infrastructure on ground already, while we build from scratch.
This is just to show why power projects in Nigeria could be more expensive than in China, but the figures you guys gave are false.

1 Like

Re: China Spent $25B For 22,000MW And Nigeria $35B For 2500MW by Collynzo9: 6:15pm On Jan 04, 2015
seges:

I feel you people did'nt understand the point I was trying to get across. With all the money spent on Powe generation after 16 years of PDP why are we only generating 3500MW. It's because of the massive corruption by the PDP who want us to stay in darkness while Ghana enjoys light.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/power-supply-drops-3500mw-due-gas-challenges-special-adviser/
You have to direct that question to the new darling of APC Obasanjo, you guys don't remember these things when you sing the man's praises just because he fell out with GEJ.
Ghana has power problems too.
Re: China Spent $25B For 22,000MW And Nigeria $35B For 2500MW by Olaolufred(m): 6:19pm On Jan 04, 2015
[size=38pt]THAT IS PDP.
WASTED 16 YEARS.[/size]
Re: China Spent $25B For 22,000MW And Nigeria $35B For 2500MW by LRNZH(m): 6:22pm On Jan 04, 2015
Double Post

(1) (2) (Reply)

God Forgives Me, Lastnight Shall Be My Last Day Phucking With These Hoes / Igbo Scholar Disgraces Femi Fani-kayode •demolishes Claims On Igbo/yoruba Histor / Aisha Buhari Poses With Doctors Who Helped Her Son After His Accident. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.