Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? - Music/Radio (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? (49043 Views)

50 Songs By Other Africans That Were Hits In Nigeria / Top 50 Songs Of The Week - May 14, 2016 (billboard Hot 100) / Tekno, Lil Kesh & Kiss Daniel Drops Down The Nigeria Top 20 Chart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by lastpage: 1:13am On Jan 05, 2015
@Alex Zitto:

I think "Tickle Me" by the same Artist (Alex Zitto) is by far more accepted and air-played, compared to the one you chose (Walakolombo).

We rock it die with Babes, in my last days at the University, when it just came out.

Ditto for Bongos Ikwe - Mariama!

Sunny Okosun has far more "heavy tunes" than what you posted!

From "Fire in Soweto"... to "Papas Land" and many more.

But in all, l applaud your effort

Lastpage!
Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by lastpage: 1:25am On Jan 05, 2015
tydd:
where is Olufunmi by Styl_PLUS?

BTW where those guys dey now?

Meehn, persin take this song catch the Babes with such names sha! grin grin

Lastpage!
Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by omololu2020(m): 1:32am On Jan 05, 2015
selfoss:
Beast of no nation.. fela kuti

biri ka mbiri ...oliver de coque

baby jowo.. victor olaiya

wait for me.. sunny ade ft onyeka onwenu

fuji garbage.. sikiru ayinde barrister grin

alagbon.. orlando owoh

Baby Tani ko fe wa.. lagbaja
chai! U know good music o.I don listen to Experience(alagbon) by orlando owoh.n I lov orlando owoh gan o,I have most of his album infact am listenin to Ganja
Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by omololu2020(m): 2:00am On Jan 05, 2015
Obiagelli:
Love me jeje should be here somewhere
luv me jeje was sang in d late 90's but am not really sure sha.I was livin in Jossy castro street back den in bariga.chai I feel lik cryin rememberin dos days o,som of d pple we lived togeda back den don travel,only God knows wia som are n some too don die.
Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by isacolukay(m): 3:07am On Jan 05, 2015
One Love by Onyeka Onwenu

C.o.ck Crow At Dawn by Bongos Ikwe

Omoge by Mike Okri

Silifa (I don forget who sing am o!)

These are classics that should be embedded in the list.
Nice one tho.
Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by temmytanny(m): 4:06am On Jan 05, 2015
i agree with this list 85%. guys it cant be 100% perfect but the compilers have done a great job
Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by decepticos(m): 4:44am On Jan 05, 2015
whirlwind7:
Great list!

Do you agree that Funmi Adams song "Ahaye Yaro" would make a better substitute for her "Nigeria my beloved country"?
Also, I would substitute "Biri Ka M'biri" for "Identity" when I consider the major hits by Oliver De Coque.

Your list has just made me start searching on Youtube for some songs I forgot ever existed, and some I don't think I've heard of.
My old boy still has several LP records that I play on occasions. I recently began converting them to mp3 so he can play them on portable devices.

Modified!
I had to add this. @OP: Admit it. You made this list mostly from a single page from Youtube cheesy
Or, rather, whoever compiled the list did so from almost a single Youtube page. Just search and play one of the above songs, then check out the rest of the songs displayed on the sideboard.
I searched for that song by Dan Maraya, and while it was playing, I realized that most of the songs on the list were displayed right there at the sideboard on the right.
Anyhow, you just made me give myself an assignment for the rest of today. Im gonna be searching for, and downloading some songs I could remember from childhood. Thanks!
how did u do dat
Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by decepticos(m): 4:51am On Jan 05, 2015
I believe highlife singer Bobby Benson should be on this list
Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by naptu2: 4:57am On Jan 05, 2015
decepticos:
I believe highlife singer Bobby Benson should be on this list

Bobby Benson - "Taxi Driver" is at number 14.
Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by decepticos(m): 5:11am On Jan 05, 2015
naptu2:

Bobby Benson - "Taxi Driver" is at number 14.
damn I missed it, thanks
Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by sanmibukunmi: 6:00am On Jan 05, 2015
what about dis song sang by one guy in yankee..... d guy shoot the video in snow and the video still makes sense tinlll tody. i know the song but don really know the lyrics... the only part i know is
you know my wishes ohh oh
athough my wishes are far too much grin cheesy
Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by Etoshil18(m): 6:08am On Jan 05, 2015
Obiagelli:
www.360nobs.com/2010/10/nigerias-top-50-songs1960-2010-the-complete-music-countdown/

Note that this list was probably complied in 2010, you can also add latest songs that you think can displace any of those in the list above.

Let me mention my people

barcanista Gbawe, kel4soft, neenar, ,
descartes, egift, arewafederation, Egbagirl, donroxy,
Sweetlemon , donphilopus, BEREM, desola ,
demdem , lakpalakpa , whitecat007 , ,
lakpalakpa, omenka, ShehuAba , omenka , Rawani,
tribaleast kolaaderin soroptimist ,
and all Omexonomy, jmaine, mikeansy, Firefire,
Mynd44, , nduchucks, lacasa, baccaspace, Omerta
sincere9gerian, firefire, Phockphockman, ilugunboy,
naptu2, aussie, keneking, donmarti, keneking,
Dannyset, Evathyst, jaymichael, MizMyColi, Gboliwe, billyonaire, biafranqueen.
haha..na admission list?
Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by cmpunk: 7:05am On Jan 05, 2015
sanmibukunmi:
what about dis song sang by one guy in yankee..... d guy shoot the video in snow and the video still makes sense tinlll tody. i know the song but don really know the lyrics... the only part i know is

should be INFERNO wishes 4 all ( Wadada ) - YouTube
3 Jul 2008
You need Adobe
Flash Player to
watch this video.
Download it ...
INFERNO
wishes 4 all (
Wadada ).
m.youtube.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by naptu2: 7:06am On Jan 05, 2015
sanmibukunmi:

I posted a link to that song on another thread, but I can't remember the title of the song now. The guy was somewhere in northern Europe. His name had something to do with the elements. I'm sure I'll remember it soon.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by naptu2: 7:06am On Jan 05, 2015
Orlando Owoh - Alagbon.

(His experience at the police detention centre at Alagbon Close).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2uhnMR1si8
Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by Sike(m): 7:12am On Jan 05, 2015
We no go gree.
Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by naptu2: 7:24am On Jan 05, 2015
sanmibukunmi:

Inferno - Wishes For All (Wadada).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o9B6Gjfyyk
Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by swimmer: 7:28am On Jan 05, 2015
size=20pt]Where is Gongo Aso and Street credibility by 9nice, Olufunmi and call my name by Styl plus...?

their adbsence has rubbished the list.[/size]
Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by naptu2: 7:35am On Jan 05, 2015
Number one on the list and probably the most popular nigerian song ever.

Prince Nico Mbarga - Sweet Mother.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mecNrIaWOA
Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by Tonylyte(m): 7:36am On Jan 05, 2015
Obiagelli:

I would advise that you keep them really safe and in good condition, they could be worth a fortune in years to come.
Berem is a mkt woman, she doesnt know the importance of been conservative.
Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by summerflame(m): 7:38am On Jan 05, 2015
What about D9ty7 ?.. Is he not. Invited?.. The list ain't complete without him
Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:42am On Jan 05, 2015
No Hausa song dey the list
Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by lolaxavier(m): 7:46am On Jan 05, 2015
Abeg, where is
bongus ikwue - 'cok crow at dawn,
veno - 'nigeria go survive,
ojugbani - taxi driver,
blackie - Rosie,
mike okri - rumba dance
Mike okro - wisdom
Onyeka onwenu - one love
Ras kimono - whata guan
Chaka chaka- umquobothi
Mandators - rat race
Nico mbaka - my pikin
Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by sanmibukunmi: 7:51am On Jan 05, 2015
cmpunk:

should be INFERNO wishes 4 all ( Wadada ) - YouTube
3 Jul 2008
You need Adobe
Flash Player to
watch this video.
Download it ...
INFERNO
wishes 4 all (
Wadada ).
m.youtube.com
Thanx soo much...now I can download it
Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by sanmibukunmi: 7:53am On Jan 05, 2015
naptu2:

I posted a link to that song on another thread, but I can't remember the title of the song now. The guy was somewhere in northern Europe. His name had something to do with the elements. I'm sure I'll remember it soon.
Inferno-wadada. Just got it from sm guys
Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by sanmibukunmi: 7:54am On Jan 05, 2015
naptu2:

Inferno-wadada. Just got it from sm guys
Or u can say wishes for all
Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by lasheez(m): 7:55am On Jan 05, 2015
I dont agree with the tongolo song when as at that time you had hit songs from the 'plataintion boys' and 'the Remedies'
Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by sanmibukunmi: 7:55am On Jan 05, 2015
naptu2:

Inferno - Wishes For All (Wadada).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o9B6Gjfyyk

Wowwwww
Thanks soo much.you don't know for how long I hav been looking for that song
Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by alexola20(m): 7:57am On Jan 05, 2015
Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by akanni760(m): 8:30am On Jan 05, 2015
why is odun nlo sopin not included, i even taught it will be number 1, d song has being reigning since God knows when.
Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by Nobody: 8:33am On Jan 05, 2015
lyrics to Nigeria my beloved country

First Stanza
I know a lot about my country
I know a lot because I care;
I know a lot about the (pronounced der) people
I know a lot because I’m here.

Chorus:
Nigeria, my beloved country (pronounced and elongated
as ‘be-loo-ved ‘)
Working together is the key
Nigeria, my beloved country, our future is you and me

Second Stanza
Land of iron, land of coal
Agriculture, oil and coal
They are assets that we own
Round the (pronounced as ‘der’) world, our name is
known

Chorus:
as ‘be-loo-ved ‘)

Third Stanza
I know we have a great potential
To do more than just survive
Let’s build up our strength and pride
Trust in God to be our God

Chorus:
as ‘be-loo-ved ‘)

Artist: Funmi Adams

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Top 20 Hottest And Most Popular Songs In Nigeria 2017 / 10 Year Old Warri Girl Dancing Shoki, She Does It Like A Pro / Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.