Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,824 members, 7,810,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:23 PM

15 Business Ideas For 2015 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 15 Business Ideas For 2015 (4409 Views)

3 Business Ideas You've Never Thought About / Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 / 25 Small Scale Business Ideas In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Business Ideas For 2015 by DonaldYusuf(m): 6:09pm On Jan 04, 2015
It’s a new year! It’s 2015!! It’s time to make new plans and venture new projects. It’s time to pick an idea and build it into a business so that by the end of the year you can look back and say “yes I have done well”.

A major trait of successful entrepreneurs is their ability to study trends and leverage on it to build businesses and make investments. Based on this, we would be looking at some selected businesses (15 of them) that are in line with the trend of 2015. In other words, our focus would be on business Ideas that would be feasible and viable in 2015. But before I continue, I’d like to address an issue!

I have noticed that some of us here get information on business ideas, but fail to act on them; in fact some people are suffering from what I call “hyper information syndrome”. This is a mental condition that occurs when a person’s head is occupied with series of information that are not being utilized. The symptoms of this condition include: over analysis, confusion, procrastination, and indecision.

One advice I have for everyone that would read this thread, or any other thread by other business experts on Nairaland, is to ensure that they pick at least one of the ideas and act on it. The watch word for 2015 is ACTION. I am saying this because no matter the information shared here on Nairaland, if you refuse to act on them you would still remain in the same spot you were last year. If you are set for this journey of success then welcome on board!

Idea 1: Social Media Consulting

Social Media has impacted positively on virtually every aspect of human existence, including business, governance, marketing, politics, etc. With this impact came a career or business opportunity – Social Media Consulting. This is an opportunity that is not new to many, but its significance in Nigeria in 2015 cannot be overemphasized.

Prior to the 2011 elections in Nigeria we saw a very significant use of social media for political campaigns, and a lot of young Nigerians built successful businesses for themselves as Social Media Consultants. Now we are in another election year, and the use of social media for campaigns is on the increase. We can see the activities of e-campaigners even here on Nairaland; we see the activities of PDP and APC e-warriors on Nairaland. The truth is some of these e-campaigners are paid for their services although some of them are not professional in their approach. Social Media Management for politicians is not about insults but selling your candidates. If you do it right, this business relationship can continue even after the elections.

Let me tell you a story!
In 2011, a friend of mine was the Digital Media Consultant for the ACN Governorship candidate in Benue state. He handled their Social Media Campaigns, designed the campaign website, and other online stuff. He made some cool cash, and even though the PDP candidate was declared the winner, my friend still continued to benefit from this business relationship.

He became the Media Consultant to the DG of the campaign organization who went back to handle his business after the elections. We were talking last year and he told me he has made over a million naira as a Consultant to that client. The point I am making is that you can still continue your business as a Social Media Consultant by serving clients in the business world, but right now your focus should be on getting politicians as clients. Let me tell you what happened today!

When I got back from church I received an SMS from a former client of mine asking me if social media has any impact on campaigns, and how much it would cost. I replied the text explaining to him how social media could sway the minds of readers who could be voters, or relatives of voters. At least we can see what the Jonathan and Buhari group are doing with social media. So as it is now, that is another deal in the pipeline.
Like I said earlier, 2015 is about taking action.

So after reading this, if you are knowledgeable in this, then take action by preparing your business proposal and take to targeted political candidates. If you need help in writing a proposal send a mail to donaldyusuf27@gmail.com. Once again, if this business idea interests you, take action.
Selah!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15 Business Ideas For 2015 by DonaldYusuf(m): 6:13pm On Jan 04, 2015
Idea 2: Mobile Marketing & Advertising

Mobility is one of the most significant changes we have witnessed in the Technology world. It is no longer news that the world is going mobile, and Nigeria is not left out of this trend. There has been a massive growth in mobile in Nigeria with a GSM subscriber base of over 131 million as at June 2014. This has brought about a boost in the Mobile Advertising business with brands, businesses and politicians utilizing the strength of mobile to reach out to customers and electorates respectively. This business is also not new but the fact remains that it is profitable. It can be relevant both for elections and even after the elections.

Your focus as a Mobile Marketing Service provider should be on how to leverage on the elections to build a business and make money. You can start this business by either having your own Mobile Messaging (bulk SMS) platform with your own gateway or become a reseller with an established Bulk SMS service provider. There are lots of legitimate service providers in Nigeria; all you need do is visit my friend, Google. But ensure the one you pick is reliable.

After this you can then prepare a good Bulk SMS proposal for political campaigns and deliver the proposal to targeted political candidates. If you need help in writing Bulk SMS proposal, send a mail to donaldyusuf27@gmail.com. Remember to take action if this business interests you. 2015 is about taking action!

3 Likes

Re: 15 Business Ideas For 2015 by netinformat(f): 12:21am On Jan 05, 2015
Online Marketing
Re: 15 Business Ideas For 2015 by DonaldYusuf(m): 9:12am On Jan 08, 2015
Idea 3: Online Mini Importation

I started researching Mini Online importation business right from 2013, and then ventured into the business last year with a business partner. We started importing Android Computer Tablets and the business has been good, the products are in demand and the profit margin is huge. I later introduced two young men into the business last year and it has been good news all the way especially for one of them who is an aggressive marketer. He advertises his product (tablet) to virtually everybody he comes across. I am currently planning a seminar in Makurdi, Benue state and Abuja.

One business that has the potential of making you a success in 2015 is Online Importation. This is one business that you can start with as little as fifteen thousand naira (15,000) and grow it into a million naira enterprise with a good profit margin. Even if this is the only business you do this year, I assure you that at the end of the year you would look for me to say “thank you” because your level would have changed. Let me give you a clue on how profitable this business could be.

Last year my business partner met an Online importer in Taraba state who is doing very well in the Mini Importation business. He imports Android tablet too, and as at the time my partner met him he was expecting about 15 pieces of Android tablets with his buyers already on his neck. The guy is finding it hard meeting the demand because he is actually enjoying monopoly in Taraba. Now let’s take a look at how much this guy could be making.

Cost of 1 Android tablet plus shipping = 15,000 (approx.)
Selling price of 1 tablet = 25, 000 – 30, 000 (depending on the buyer)
Total cost of 15 tablets = 15,000 x 15 pieces = 225, 000 (he can actually negotiate for a discount with the seller since he is importing in bulk)
Revenue from 15 tablets = 25, 000 x 15 pieces = 375,000
or 30, 000 x 15 pieces = 450, 000.

Profit = 375,000 – 225,000 = 150,000 Or 450,000 – 225,000 = 225,000.

There are actually lots of things to import and sell, it depends on your environment and demand, but there some products which would definitely sell this period. What are these products?
Re: 15 Business Ideas For 2015 by Prestdude: 9:30am On Sep 09, 2023
Here are some business idea you can start up...

Fish farm
Poultry farm
Rice farm
Cassava farming

(1) (Reply)

Wood Pallets Of Differents Size. / Discover Catering Business Opportunity / $850 Paypal Funds Available For Sale At N230/$

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.