Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,576 members, 7,820,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Observation Notes To VP Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Observation Notes To VP Osinbajo (658 Views)

Oshiomhole's Face When Iara Greets VP Osinbajo (Caption The Pic) / Saraki To VP: "I Cannot Be Summoned By A 'Mere Commissioner" - SaharaReporters / Jonathan Presents Handover Notes To Buhari (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Observation Notes To VP Osinbajo by MayorofLagos(m): 8:40pm On Jan 04, 2015
Those handling the wardrobe of Osinbajo need to pay attention and not repeat with him the error made with GEJ's wardrobe.

GEJ persona is timid, soft and laidback. That is not an acceptable profile for President of a country that many Nations around thd world favor and are endeared to. His public appearance should have been packaged such that he is seen to be more decisive, active, ambitious and promoting.

The trick is to put in him clothings and colors that raise his profile. Those responsible for his wardrobe failed to see this angle, and the result is a dull and unappealing outlook overlaying an already drawl impression.

VP Osinbajo is a petite person, he is a professional lawyer and posesses a direct and active persona....a formal but down-to-earth type of person. His role is that of a Vice but he must also be Presidential when his boss needs him temporarily to step in.

So how do we outfit such a person to complement his persona and public role?

Suggestions and inputs are welcome from the public...
Re: Observation Notes To VP Osinbajo by MayorofLagos(m): 10:19pm On Jan 04, 2015
The secret of the North as a political power hub is rooted in their attitude around the political seat. They treat it like they would an Emirate throne.

First layer is the ritual.
The second layer is the drama and theatrics.
Third layer is protocol of office.

Every regime in this country that has had a Northerner as President, whether he was Christian or Muslim, was put ghrough this regimen.

It is considered uncultured for a Hausaman to appear in formal settings dressed in shirt, tie and suit. Suit and tie is considered foreign and a leader that wears suit and tie too frequently soon looses his political status.

If you look back in SLS tenure as Governor of Central Bank you will notice that he frequently punctures his suit outfits with traditional wears, particularly on occassions with camera prsence. After he was knighted by Emir Ado he was seeing in office wearing that regalia and afterward appeared more often dressed in robes.

So why does this matter?

President Buhari will be subjected to the three layers of office routine I described above, whether he likes it or not.

This routine will drown VP Osinbajo and he will be almost invisible or worse, his image clad in suit amongst a theatrical display of colors and finesse (African style) would be given a wrong meaning. Almost like when in some public settings today its hard not to wonder if GEJ is not the butler to the guests standing next to him in pictures.

So the VP himself need to present an African style dramatics for his public image....an attitude and romance for power and appeal.

I have probed the internet trying to find pictures of Osinbajo in traditional Yoruba outfit...it's hard finding one! He is in suit everywhere, in office, in church, in family setting. C'mon, man!

1 Like

Re: Observation Notes To VP Osinbajo by theV0ice: 10:31pm On Jan 04, 2015
Mayoroflagos don come again o grin grin

I see your point but I think he prefers the simple look to be able to connect to the populace and as a lecturer, you know they can be simple to a fault. however your observations are in order and I trust those who need to hear this will read it and do something about it. You're also right about the northern politician. You can't but notice the aura of confidence around them but this is also exhuded by some Yoruba and igbo politicians too.

It comes down in the final analysis to the person and what he's been used to and finds convenient. No one will doubt osinbajo's pedigree but I trust those in charge will read your observations and do something about it wink

2 Likes

Re: Observation Notes To VP Osinbajo by MayorofLagos(m): 10:59pm On Jan 04, 2015
I hope so my brother.

The Northerners dont give a f### what is comfortable for Buhari, when he enters that office he will be forced to submit to that theatrics. Its not for him, its a display meant to dominate and drown others in that show of hyper confidence.

I thank you for your observatiin and like you said, Yorubas need to sidestep what Osinbajo feels comfortable in and sorround him with popmpous and pageantry. Nobody does colorful fabric and embroidery like Yoruba does....thats our element and its time to drape VP in it, aso oke, lace, sanyan, ofi, laari, damask....C'mon, get a tailor out and begin taking measurements already. Get a photographer and start flashing the lights. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Observation Notes To VP Osinbajo by Pataki: 11:06pm On Jan 04, 2015
You know this thought flashed through my mind this evening.

As much as the APC presidential candidates should not display too much of pomp and pageantry, there still has to be this level of intellectual, mixed with down-to-earth fashion associated with these candidates.

I find his dressing today a bit too dull and boring. It was simple, but still boring.

I hope his handlers will take necessary steps for the nearest future.

2 Likes

Re: Observation Notes To VP Osinbajo by Ynsai(m): 11:32pm On Jan 04, 2015
Osbj no no anyfin......

(1) (Reply)

Unity: Jonathan Shedding Crocodile Tears -APC / Buhari Pledges To Explore Non-oil Sector To Revamp Economy / Have You Prayed Against Boko Haram Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.