Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,710 members, 7,827,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Why Should Church Leaders Call Themselves 'spiritual Fathers' - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Should Church Leaders Call Themselves 'spiritual Fathers' (396 Views)

Why Are Yorubas Few In The Roman Catholic And Also Few Yoruba Revd Fathers? / Why Should church Be Celebrating Independence? / The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Should Church Leaders Call Themselves 'spiritual Fathers' by efficiencie(m): 10:09pm On Jan 04, 2015
As clear as possible Jesus Christ himself had this to say:

Matthew 23:8-10

But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren. And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

Here Jesus clearly stated we should call no one: master, rabbi or even father but we are quick to identify spiritual fathers in the church. Worse still is the division caused in the church by this issue and Paul addressed this:

1 Corinthians 1:12-13

Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ. Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

Is it valid for church leaders to call and regard themselves as 'SPIRITUAL FATHER and MOTHER'?

Over to the brethren.

(1) (Reply)

Times And Season / Reason For Miracles / Is It A Sinful Act For Christians, Chatting Inside The Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.