Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,611 members, 7,958,848 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 05:45 AM

Why Is There Still So Much Tension Between Catholics & Penticostal In This Age - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is There Still So Much Tension Between Catholics & Penticostal In This Age (822 Views)

The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is There Still So Much Tension Between Catholics & Penticostal In This Age by ehie007(m): 12:27pm On Dec 15, 2008
why is there still high tension btwn catholics and penticostal in this 21st century, they are both still castigatiing themselves, i wonder y we all cant adapt religion wise,

its quite bad, cos i feel thers no one who knows d tru religion, its wen we face God dat one will know,

wat u guys fink !!!
Re: Why Is There Still So Much Tension Between Catholics & Penticostal In This Age by AKO1(m): 2:13pm On Dec 15, 2008
Pray tell, what is it about the 21st century that should automatically douse religious tension?

[size=5pt]sorry if it seems that im answering a question with a question[/size]
Re: Why Is There Still So Much Tension Between Catholics & Penticostal In This Age by KunleOshob(m): 2:30pm On Dec 15, 2008
@Topic
Cause none of them is practising true christianity as established by christ and taught by the apsotles. Here is what James the brother of Jesus had to say about true worship.

James 1:27:
27 Pure and genuine worship/ religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.

ehie007:

its quite bad, because i feel thers no one who knows d[b] tru religion[/b], its when we face God that one will know,

True religion is already clearly defined in the bible from the above quote, most churches just choose to ignore it and spread there own selfish doctrines instead. cool
Re: Why Is There Still So Much Tension Between Catholics & Penticostal In This Age by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 15, 2008
ehie007:

why is there still high tension btwn catholics and penticostal in this 21st century, they are both still castigatiing themselves, i wonder y we all can't adapt religion wise,

its quite bad, because i feel thers no one who knows d tru religion, its when we face God that one will know,

what u guys think !!!

A quote from Zen Buddhism for all to chew on ->

"You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in. No one is fanatically shouting that the sun is going to rise tomorrow. They know it's going to rise tomorrow. When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kinds of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt."

(1) (Reply)

To All The Finger Pointers:Similarities between Christianity and Islam / Silent Monks Singing Halleluyah [video] / Christmas Miracle- the Abdulmutallab connection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.