Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,812 members, 7,813,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:06 PM

PDP Panics As RCCG Senior Pastor Backs Rev. Mbaka, Criticised GEJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Panics As RCCG Senior Pastor Backs Rev. Mbaka, Criticised GEJ (4618 Views)

FG PANICS As Nigeria Loses 14 Billion Naira Daily!! / PDP Panics Over High PVC Collection In APC Strongholds / PDP Panics As RCCG Senior Pastor Backs Rev. Mbaka, Criticised GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Panics As RCCG Senior Pastor Backs Rev. Mbaka, Criticised GEJ by Mightyify(m): 11:04am On Jan 05, 2015
You’re a Christian yet there’s no employment!” –
What Adeboye’s number 2 man said will make GEJ
worry. Redeemed Christian Church of God has the
highest number of members, compared to other
churches and religious organizations in Nigeria, and
when one of its pastors becomes vice-presidential
candidate of the opposition, AllProgressives
Congress (APC), and another top pastor drops
sound bites, criticizing the present administration,
President Goodluck Jonathan should be awfully
concerned.

In a recent sermon by Redeemed Pastor,
J.T. Kalejaiye, he vehemently lamented the state of
things, while calling for a change in the
system. According to the pastor, who is touted as
one of the possible candidates to take over from
Pastor Adeboye, “things cannot continue this way”.
Kalejaiye told his congregation to goand mark it, that
“there would be a pleasant surprise in 2015
elections”. He said: “Of what use is my brother, my
blood brother who is not going tomove the
nation forward ? And you want me to vote for him
because he is my brother? Don’t let us deceive
ourselves.” Speaking further, he said: “We have to
changeour system… Who is a Christian? Who is a
Muslim? When I was working somewhere, my boss
was a Muslim. I enjoyed under him. My boss
provoked me to study further . My boss was always
after my welfare. It shall be well him wherever he is
today. He is a Muslim. The soldier attached to me
was with me for almost 15 years. Inever knew he
was a Muslim . The day he opened his mouth to say
“Sir, I am Muslim,” I said “What? But you follow me
to the camp. You do this, you do that.” He said that
when it was timetot pray he would pray.” “Brethren,
wake up! Who is a Christian? That somebody goes
to church doesn’t make him a Christian.

That
somebody bears Christian name doesn’t make him
a Christian. You are a Christian yet there is no
employment for our youths. People who should be
feeding their parents are stillbeing fed by
theirparents. How many youths can get married
today without the support of their parents
financially? During our own time, we did our
wedding, we onlycalled our parentsto come and
eat.” “Today, our children who are 35, we are still
feeding them. What are we saying? Let’s call a
spade a spade, brethren. Things cannot continue
thisway. Corruption is the order of the day. You can
steal and nothing will follow. That’s all… Brethren, if
you don’t do something, something will do you.
Wakeup!”

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Panics As RCCG Senior Pastor Backs Rev. Mbaka, Criticised GEJ by Sylvarresta(m): 11:09am On Jan 05, 2015
Why are they panicking, are they expecting to win b4....

10 Likes

Re: PDP Panics As RCCG Senior Pastor Backs Rev. Mbaka, Criticised GEJ by dguyindcorner(m): 11:15am On Jan 05, 2015
PDP wee-wee wee-wee for body how are you, shame!!!

7 Likes

Re: PDP Panics As RCCG Senior Pastor Backs Rev. Mbaka, Criticised GEJ by LRNZH(m): 11:17am On Jan 05, 2015
Correct panic sef

5 Likes

Re: PDP Panics As RCCG Senior Pastor Backs Rev. Mbaka, Criticised GEJ by Nobody: 11:24am On Jan 05, 2015
Na wa oh cheesy february tins no go easy oh. Day shd take dia frustrations to Abuja oh if e no work out oh.

Ebele, Ebele! U sure say u go fit win without rigging so? cheesy

Wait oh! Who actually told u OP dat PDP is panicking? Abi u be journalist ni?

1 Like

Re: PDP Panics As RCCG Senior Pastor Backs Rev. Mbaka, Criticised GEJ by Mightyify(m): 11:30am On Jan 05, 2015
The truth remains that we cannot divorce religion from politics no matter how hard we try! That's why we always have either a Muslim as president and Christian as VP vice versa.

The current situation of this country demands that even a dead Nigerians should be resurrected to talk about politics as far as it could be bring out the desired change. WE NEED CHANGE! #VOTEGMB

TeamMbaka

8 Likes

Re: PDP Panics As RCCG Senior Pastor Backs Rev. Mbaka, Criticised GEJ by hopeforcharles(m): 12:01pm On Jan 05, 2015
Mightyify:
The truth remains that we cannot divorce religion from politics no matter how hard we try! That's why we always have either a Muslim as president and Christian as VP vice versa.

The current situation of this country demands that even a dead Nigerians should be resurrected to talk about politics as far as it could be bring out the desired change. WE NEED CHANGE! #VOTEGMB

TeamMbaka
though out yesterday I keep pointing out to my friends that we need change in this country, things have gone wrong for so long , should we wait till the youth start committing suicide before we make a change , the level of frustration in the lives of Nigerians have risen to the highest levels, the earlier we change him the better.

6 Likes

Re: PDP Panics As RCCG Senior Pastor Backs Rev. Mbaka, Criticised GEJ by Funniez: 12:09pm On Jan 05, 2015
Maybe the saTANists should also give us 1001 reason why we shuldnt accept this speech as well. I've always said this: Jonathan begin pack ur empty bottles of gogoro from Aso-rock, the peoples general is taking over.

5 Likes

Re: PDP Panics As RCCG Senior Pastor Backs Rev. Mbaka, Criticised GEJ by lilbazy(m): 12:14pm On Jan 05, 2015
As a christian,am really ashamed of churches interfering in politics,millions keep dying and going to hell,thousands are starving of salvation...instead of spreding the gospel they are busy spreading campaign posters from horizon to horizon...smh#

1 Like

Re: PDP Panics As RCCG Senior Pastor Backs Rev. Mbaka, Criticised GEJ by Rendition(m): 1:33pm On Jan 05, 2015
Even a blindman knws how degrading dis present Govt is.....,totally nonchalant abt der people,and pls those sayin the church interfere in politics shud pls keep der mouths closed is it wen almost all of us aint secured witg our dear lives d church shud start talking or dont u knw wen der are issues like war and stuffs d church and other places bcoms a place of refuge for ppl so y cant d church air its mind out abt issues bfor dey are bin blown out of proportion

1 Like

Re: PDP Panics As RCCG Senior Pastor Backs Rev. Mbaka, Criticised GEJ by Mightyify(m): 1:55pm On Jan 05, 2015
lilbazy:
As a christian,am really ashamed of churches interfering in politics,millions keep dying and going to hell,thousands are starving of salvation...instead of spreding the gospel they are busy spreading campaign posters from horizon to horizon...smh#

Bro, how can a hungry man listen to the gospel, a man who is not sure whether he will survive the next will not listen to you...? People are no longer much concerned about where they go to when they are dead... They want a better life for themselves and their families here on earth.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Panics As RCCG Senior Pastor Backs Rev. Mbaka, Criticised GEJ by zeestunner(m): 3:52pm On Jan 05, 2015
Mightyify:

Bro, how can a hungry man listen to the gospel, a man who is not sure whether he will survive the next will not listen to you...? People are no longer much concerned about where they go to when they are dead... They want a better life for themselves and their families here on earth.
Oshe! Ah God go bless you

5 Likes

Re: PDP Panics As RCCG Senior Pastor Backs Rev. Mbaka, Criticised GEJ by Edzy: 4:25pm On Jan 05, 2015
thankgod,0ur MoG r seeing what the Hungary man on the street is seeing.
Re: PDP Panics As RCCG Senior Pastor Backs Rev. Mbaka, Criticised GEJ by Nukilia: 5:02pm On Jan 05, 2015
lilbazy:

grin grin grin grin grin grin Good point right there! you are correct and also incorrect.

1. The church trusted GEJ being a Christian to uphold the values of Christianity,
but to their utmost surprise they discovered that GEJ just decided to ride on their backs
to get more votes in the last election.

2. The church felt embarrassed by the utterances of GEJ and his cabinet members when it comes
to matter that requires him to show that he does not condone corruption, but instead he never did that.

3. The truth is that GEJ has failed the church, and I guess nobody needs him kneeling down everywhere like he used to do.

4. As regards the issue of spreading the gospel, every christian has that responsibility and not the pastors alone.

conclusion

Let GEJ apologize to the church for not representing them well on matters that pertain to moral uprightness.

GMB/PYO 2015

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Panics As RCCG Senior Pastor Backs Rev. Mbaka, Criticised GEJ by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jan 05, 2015
Mightyify:

You’re a Christian yet there’s no employment!” –
What Adeboye’s number 2 man said will make GEJ
worry. Redeemed Christian Church of God has the
highest number of members, compared to other
churches and religious organizations in Nigeria, and
when one of its pastors becomes vice-presidential
candidate of the opposition, AllProgressives
Congress (APC), and another top pastor drops
sound bites, criticizing the present administration,
President Goodluck Jonathan should be awfully
concerned.

In a recent sermon by Redeemed Pastor,
J.T. Kalejaiye, he vehemently lamented the state of
things, while calling for a change in the
system. According to the pastor, who is touted as
one of the possible candidates to take over from
Pastor Adeboye, “things cannot continue this way”.
Kalejaiye told his congregation to goand mark it, that
“there would be a pleasant surprise in 2015
elections”. He said: “Of what use is my brother, my
blood brother who is not going tomove the
nation forward ? And you want me to vote for him
because he is my brother? Don’t let us deceive
ourselves.” Speaking further, he said: “We have to
changeour system… Who is a Christian? Who is a
Muslim? When I was working somewhere, my boss
was a Muslim. I enjoyed under him. My boss
provoked me to study further . My boss was always
after my welfare. It shall be well him wherever he is
today. He is a Muslim. The soldier attached to me
was with me for almost 15 years. Inever knew he
was a Muslim . The day he opened his mouth to say
“Sir, I am Muslim,” I said “What? But you follow me
to the camp. You do this, you do that.” He said that
when it was timetot pray he would pray.” “Brethren,
wake up! Who is a Christian? That somebody goes
to church doesn’t make him a Christian.

That
somebody bears Christian name doesn’t make him
a Christian. You are a Christian yet there is no
employment for our youths. People who should be
feeding their parents are stillbeing fed by
theirparents. How many youths can get married
today without the support of their parents
financially? During our own time, we did our
wedding, we onlycalled our parentsto come and
eat.” “Today, our children who are 35, we are still
feeding them. What are we saying? Let’s call a
spade a spade, brethren. Things cannot continue
thisway. Corruption is the order of the day. You can
steal and nothing will follow. That’s all… Brethren, if
you don’t do something, something will do you.
Wakeup!”

The RCCG is not even up to a quarter of Nigeria's catholics let alone having the largest no of members in Nigeria.I even doubt if they have more members than the Anglican church and ECWA.

As for Fr Mbaka he is a Nigerian and is free to hold his own political opinion but that is not to be misconstrued to be the opinion of the catholic church in Nigeria.As the respected cardinal Onaiyekan and Bishop Kaigama has stated,Fr Mbaka merely expressed his own personal opinion and does not speak for the catholic church

1 Like

Re: PDP Panics As RCCG Senior Pastor Backs Rev. Mbaka, Criticised GEJ by greatdeal1408: 5:13pm On Jan 05, 2015
get your voters card and vote wisely

1 Like

Re: PDP Panics As RCCG Senior Pastor Backs Rev. Mbaka, Criticised GEJ by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 05, 2015
Nukilia:

grin grin grin grin grin grin Good point right there! you are correct and also incorrect.

1. The church trusted GEJ being a Christian to uphold the values of Christianity,
but to their utmost surprise they discovered that GEJ just decided to ride on their backs
to get more votes in the last election.

2. The church felt embarrassed by the utterances of GEJ and his cabinet members when it comes
to matter that requires him to show that he does not condone corruption, but instead he never did that.

3. The truth is that GEJ has failed the church, and I guess nobody needs him kneeling down everywhere like he used to do.

4. As regards the issue of spreading the gospel, every christian has that responsibility and not the pastors alone.

conclusion

Let GEJ apologize to the church for not representing them well on matters that pertain to moral uprightness.

GMB/PYO 2015

CAN is the official body that speaks for the church in Nigeria, so far they have not stated that GEJ has offended the church let alone him apologizing!!!! Whatever thrash you just wrote above must have been a figment of your imagination.

If anyone should apologize it should be Buhari who have stoked up religious violence by calling for the implementation of sharia in Nigeria and for Muslims to vote only Muslims during elections.Worse still he has been found to have no SSCE certificate which is the minimum requirement for running for political office in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: PDP Panics As RCCG Senior Pastor Backs Rev. Mbaka, Criticised GEJ by adegwurulez(m): 5:19pm On Jan 05, 2015
This sermon isn't recent na. I've seen it since last year.
Re: PDP Panics As RCCG Senior Pastor Backs Rev. Mbaka, Criticised GEJ by orimsamsam(m): 5:24pm On Jan 05, 2015
chukwudi44:

The RCCG is not even up to a quarter of Nigeria's catholics let alone having the largest no of members in Nigeria.I even doubt if they have more members than the Anglican church and ECWA.

As for Fr Mbaka he is a Nigerian and is free to hold his own political opinion but that is not to be misconstrued to be the opinion of the catholic church in Nigeria.As the respected cardinal Onaiyekan and Bishop Kaigama has stated,Fr Mbaka merely expressed his own personal opinion and does not speak for the catholic church
dude in ur village redeem members may nt be much. But come to sw. Hardly will u get to an area witout a redeem church

3 Likes

Re: PDP Panics As RCCG Senior Pastor Backs Rev. Mbaka, Criticised GEJ by orimsamsam(m): 5:27pm On Jan 05, 2015
chukwudi44:

CAN is the official body that speaks for the church in Nigeria, so far they have not stated that GEJ has offended the church let alone him apologizing!!!! Whatever thrash you just wrote above must have been a figment of your imagination.

If anyone should apologize it should be Buhari who have stoked up religious violence by calling for the implementation of sharia in Nigeria and for Muslims to vote only Muslims during elections.Worse still he has been found to have no SSCE certificate which is the minimum requirement for running for political office in Nigeria
. Is it every church dat is under can
Re: PDP Panics As RCCG Senior Pastor Backs Rev. Mbaka, Criticised GEJ by Mustay(m): 5:30pm On Jan 05, 2015
The irony here is that PDP plays the religious card a lot and here they are being played by the same! If you keep using sentiments to woo the people, one day, sentiments will clean the wool over their eyes.

6 Likes

Re: PDP Panics As RCCG Senior Pastor Backs Rev. Mbaka, Criticised GEJ by yakzz: 5:53pm On Jan 05, 2015
I love sincere talks. Lets call a spade a spade.
GMB 2015.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Panics As RCCG Senior Pastor Backs Rev. Mbaka, Criticised GEJ by HzRF(m): 6:18pm On Jan 05, 2015
Birds of the same features
1)all u need is to attain certain level of education then you can head a parish...they have turn their church to make up being used to make GMB look unbigot, forced him to attend church service, sing hymns

2) the other His own "god" is a fluctuating one.. Who will say yes today weeks later itz no

Maybe their own god support/allows alligence with righteous party APC (that is filled with pdp members and can boast of Tinubu, Atiku )

What a match
Re: PDP Panics As RCCG Senior Pastor Backs Rev. Mbaka, Criticised GEJ by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 05, 2015
orimsamsam:
dude in ur village redeem members may nt be much. But come to sw. Hardly will u get to an area witout a redeem church
Have you ever travelled outside the sw? I stay in lagos but I have been to virtually every part of Nigeria. Anambra, imo and Enugu are about 70% Catholic. The church is the largest in the entire states of the ss/se with strong presence also in lagos, the north alongside ecwa.Rccg has branches and not lots of members. the average catholic parish in lagos has about 7000-10000 members. most Rccg parishes in lagos have less than 100 members. Rccg in t lagos I know has more parishes but not more members

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Panics As RCCG Senior Pastor Backs Rev. Mbaka, Criticised GEJ by austinvsb1(m): 7:34pm On Jan 05, 2015
greatdeal1408:
get your voters card and vote wisely

My brother has been to the Inec office like 3 times already and he's been told the same thing again and again that 'PVCs for people that registered last year '2014' are not available yet' should we be worried? The Inec officials told him it's a nationwide thing, are other persons experiencing this?
Re: PDP Panics As RCCG Senior Pastor Backs Rev. Mbaka, Criticised GEJ by benuejosh: 8:33pm On Jan 05, 2015
chukwudi44:

what is this one saying?

1 Like

Re: PDP Panics As RCCG Senior Pastor Backs Rev. Mbaka, Criticised GEJ by Johnolis(m): 8:36pm On Jan 05, 2015
The op must be high on cowbell milk to say that Rccg members are the highest...where did he get that stats from?Even the catholic members in Anambra alone are higher in number than all the rccg members in nigeria.some people seriously need to start travelling out of their enclave.
Re: PDP Panics As RCCG Senior Pastor Backs Rev. Mbaka, Criticised GEJ by Bootybuttchic(f): 11:33pm On Jan 05, 2015
thank God the christians av now opened their eyes....and are throwing sentiments in the bush

SAI BUHARI 2015
Re: PDP Panics As RCCG Senior Pastor Backs Rev. Mbaka, Criticised GEJ by Caseless: 2:30am On Jan 06, 2015
anything against pdp, I like it. Even if na devil de fight pdp, I go support devil against them.

NB: Fr. mbaka is my goon and a father in the lord.
Re: PDP Panics As RCCG Senior Pastor Backs Rev. Mbaka, Criticised GEJ by Nobody: 2:49am On Jan 06, 2015
Bootybuttchic:
thank God the christians av now opened their eyes....and are throwing sentiments in the bush

SAI BUHARI 2015

Which Christians? Continue to dream!!!!The illiterate General is going no where
Re: PDP Panics As RCCG Senior Pastor Backs Rev. Mbaka, Criticised GEJ by Nobody: 2:50am On Jan 06, 2015
benuejosh:
what is this one saying?

Na me say make u no sabi read?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Airforce Killed 350 In Akwaibom / 2019: Olawepo-hashim Vows To Deliver Prosperous Modern Economy, As PT Flags Off / Election: Prove To Show That Big Men Don't Like Stress (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.