Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,304 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Mtn's Customer Extortion Campaign - Phone/Internet Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone/Internet Market / Mtn's Customer Extortion Campaign (742 Views)

A Nairalander's Experience With MTN Customer's Care (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mtn's Customer Extortion Campaign by Nobody: 11:13am On Jan 05, 2015
Now, to say the least - this is alarming!
Just this morning I loaded a #400 mtn credit card and #50 was instantly debited out of my acct for a callertune plan that mtn forcefully subscribed me into; its barely noon and another #50 has been deducted on the basis that I had automatically subscribed for another month - what nonsense?!!!.
Hitherto, mtn had continuously deducted my acct for no actual reason whenever I recharged the line. They've also made browsing both unaffordable and unreliable. Many times I thought of opting to another network but there's this fear that the next network might just be the same.
Please parastatals involved in checking and regulating the excesses of this telecommunication agencies should try as much as possible to function - Nigerians are been robbed on a daily!
Share your experiences if you have any.
Re: Mtn's Customer Extortion Campaign by saaedlee: 11:25am On Jan 05, 2015
Its not funny my bro, the experience I got late last year was som'in I wouldn't wish for my enemies, on loading the agreed 15k for my monthly data subscription, they deducted 1k5 for a subscription I don't knw nothing about, den 3k was deducted for Blackberry subscription(I have never used the sim on a blackberry phone). In a matter of 30 minutes a total of 9k pluswas deducted! I placed calls upon calls to their yeye customer care centre n all they could refund was the 3k of the blackberry subscription. The authorities concerned should do something about this extortion as soon as possible!

1 Like

Re: Mtn's Customer Extortion Campaign by Nmeri17: 10:47pm On Apr 14, 2015
saaedlee:
Its not funny my bro, the experience I got late last year was som'in I wouldn't wish for my enemies, on loading the agreed 15k for my monthly data subscription, they deducted 1k5 for a subscription I don't knw nothing about, den 3k was deducted for Blackberry subscription(I have never used the sim on a blackberry phone). In a matter of 30 minutes a total of 9k pluswas deducted! I placed calls upon calls to their yeye customer care centre n all they could refund was the 3k of the blackberry subscription. The authorities concerned should do something about this extortion as soon as possible!
cry me a river sad

(1) (Reply)

Tecno H5 For Sale 8000 Ojo/agbara Lagos SOLD / 2 Months Old Laptop For Sale / LG G6 @ 70k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.