Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Expereience In Banking Vs Relocating To Oil Company - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Expereience In Banking Vs Relocating To Oil Company (1578 Views)

About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States / Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? / Medical Doctor Relocating To Nigeria Needs Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Expereience In Banking Vs Relocating To Oil Company by buluti(m): 8:51pm On Aug 15, 2006
Hi,

Please i need sincere unbiased opinions.

I am about to complete my masters in the UK and thinking of relocationg home though i might have the option of staying (HSMP). I have about 5 years banking experience.

Given a situation where i have the option of an Oil company job (say Shell) and the option of a bank job. Which is a better choice- Career wise?

At the level (Middle management) i would be returning Money might not really be an issue as the banks are also paying pretty well.

I ask for a total and deep consideration, not just a surface , take the oil job, if so why? and if not why not?
Re: Expereience In Banking Vs Relocating To Oil Company by ayinla2005: 8:18am On Aug 16, 2006
sincerely speaking oil job is better using any yardstick,am a banker myself.And about the HSMP PROGRAM pls lets share views and experience as am also interested in that.best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Expereience In Banking Vs Relocating To Oil Company by MissThang: 8:59pm On Aug 24, 2006
I myself had the same dilemma. I had the option of either going into banking or an oil company. At the time I was a recent graduate. Eventually I chose working for the oil company. As I have a technical degree in engineering I thought it would be wise to first acquire some experience in the technical field then move into the financial sector (possibly oil and gas trading). Its all about building up your resume so that each step directs you to your future goal, and which step gives you a wider scope in the future.
Re: Expereience In Banking Vs Relocating To Oil Company by Frankies(m): 1:01pm On Aug 29, 2006
Believe you me, in as much banking pays well, there is no way you will combine it with that of oil company.

I receive almost the double what my friend in a bank receives.He takes home 1.6m PA. Furthermore, he complains alot  about workload While in my own case, i enjoy my job and at the same time earn a good salary.He has a good job with a good pay but the stress ,

NOT BY POWER OR BY MIGHT BUT GOD'S DOING. GOD IS GOOD.CALL ON HIM.ASK FOR HIS GRACE AND DO HIS WELL.ALL WILL BE FINE.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Gtbn Is Calling Hurry / The Only Reason Why You Are Not Getting Job Interviews / Please Which Of The Engineering Fields Has The Widest Range Of Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.