Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,671 members, 7,813,238 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

Graduates Of Insurance,actuarial Science And Risk Mgt,let's Meet. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Graduates Of Insurance,actuarial Science And Risk Mgt,let's Meet. (1014 Views)

How Journalists Around The World Risk Their Lives. / Difference Between Computer Science And Computer Engineering Course? / What Are The Career Options For An Actuarial Science Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Graduates Of Insurance,actuarial Science And Risk Mgt,let's Meet. by pweetichi(f): 4:01pm On Jan 05, 2015
Hi,am Favour,a graduate of IMSU,studied Insurance and Actuarial science. Pls let's meet here to discuss about the insurance industry in nigeria. If u r working in d sector already,u r also welcome!
Let's go.
Re: Graduates Of Insurance,actuarial Science And Risk Mgt,let's Meet. by ogbenibayo: 12:49pm On Apr 08, 2015
insurance industry in Nigeria or in Lagos coz as far as i know it'd not being practiced in the whole country.
Re: Graduates Of Insurance,actuarial Science And Risk Mgt,let's Meet. by ajasa4link: 6:29am On Apr 09, 2015
@op nice thread, am also an insurance graduate currently observing the one year nysc program. Nice meeting u. Are u currently working in the industry?
@ogbenibayo I think it's because Lagos is the commercial nerve center of Nigeria and as such,most insurance companies have their headquarters situated in Lagos. Also there are other factors which makes it seem as if insurance market only exists in Lagos. For example the oil industry which is mostly domiciled in the south-south would have made insurance sector more popular in the south but for the fact that most insurance companies in Nigeria don't have adequate capacity to underwrite oil and gas business, the risks are being handled by foreign companies and as such, little is being heard about insurance in such areas.
Also I think the inability of the police to enforce the law on minimum third party insurance policy which motorists nationwide are expected to possess is one major reason why the insurance industry has not grown nationwide.
Re: Graduates Of Insurance,actuarial Science And Risk Mgt,let's Meet. by ogbenibayo: 4:00pm On Apr 09, 2015
@ajasalink yea i quite agree but even in Lagos there are a lot of uninsured vehicles and even some of the insured ones do not even know the benefits of what they have. a lot of sensitization needs to be done for people to insure their properties and their lives.
@pweetiechi insurance industry in Nigeria is nothing to write home about. Even the insurance companies are not sincere. what they do these days is look for deposits from the public
Re: Graduates Of Insurance,actuarial Science And Risk Mgt,let's Meet. by ajasa4link: 10:49am On Apr 21, 2015
Kai! op has gone AWOL. Please don't allow the thread to die off o

(1) (Reply)

Your Development, Our Passion (new Pormo) / I Am Willing To Work As A VOLUNTEER / How To Prepare For An Employee’s First Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.