Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,717 members, 7,820,500 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

GMB Vs GEJ Battles On Social Media - A True Reflection Of Our Fabric. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GMB Vs GEJ Battles On Social Media - A True Reflection Of Our Fabric. (981 Views)

Photonews: Okorocha's Battles On Imsuth, One-city-state; Imo State Bleeds. / Team GMB Vs Team GEJ - RubbinMinds Video / Amaechi Crowd Vs GEJ Crowd In PH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GMB Vs GEJ Battles On Social Media - A True Reflection Of Our Fabric. by Electrique: 4:44pm On Jan 05, 2015
Since the heat of the campaigns for the 2015 general elections started, I could not help but notice the various degrees of e-wars, endless arguments and massive insulting that's going on between the supporters of the various candidates (especially those of GMB and GEJ). Most times I wonder "if only these were constructive and well channeled". It only goes as far to show the fabric that most of the Nigerian electorate are made of. Oh sorry, did I just say "electorate", majority involved in these destructive exchange of written words will most likely not participate in the elections proper by going out there to vote (my opinion).
I'll simply refer to our attitude as " Talk more do less". Little wonder why things hardly get better for most of us (Nigerians) as individuals because we have lost our sense of putting our words to actions and thinking objectively. What do you expect? For Nigeria to become a better country? Not in this dispensation (as we are). If I go on the streets (of Port Harcourt or Kano for example) and ask a commoner why he/she would prefer a presidential candidate to another, all I'll hear is sentiment: How one leader is a saint and the other a clueless, corrupt, violent-loving, fanatic leader.
Just take a look at what we have become. Most mind bugging is the fact that we can hardly identify wrong from right nowadays.It's only right if it tunes to not just our gains but also to the detriment of the opposition.
Who will turn our heart away from the "evil" that has taken hold of it. Our religious organisations have turned their eyes in the wrong direction; "If the leader is not of our denomination, he/she cannot be from God/Allah". Very amusing. So who is from God/Allah? The answers can come quickly but not until we revisit the drawing board to trace where and when we went wrong.
Everyone of us, at one time or the other has done great deeds and some bit of wrong. Examine yourself before you write/make that next comment about our leaders or leaders to be. You don't have to visit a church or mosque to do that, Just Examine Yourself Wherever You Are!!!

I am not a regular writer (so don't expect so much of grammar) but I had to put this up now that it's still early.

Direct from the heart of a concerned Nigerian.
NB:Start here, comment objectively if you must

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: GMB Vs GEJ Battles On Social Media - A True Reflection Of Our Fabric. by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jan 05, 2015
cheesy
Re: GMB Vs GEJ Battles On Social Media - A True Reflection Of Our Fabric. by tolutweety(m): 6:11pm On Jan 05, 2015
Electrique:

Direct from the heart of a concerned Nigerian.
NB:Start here, comment objectively if you must

Since I dont know how to make an objective comment, I comment my reserve. sad sad
Nice write-up boss! cool
cc seun,ishilove,obinoscopy :this is FP worthy,do the needful.

1 Like

Re: GMB Vs GEJ Battles On Social Media - A True Reflection Of Our Fabric. by okzcorp: 8:32pm On Jan 05, 2015
Am doubtful of the willingness of many to comment objectively. We will barely see comments here since you asked for objectivity, albeit I still have hope in Nigeria.
Re: GMB Vs GEJ Battles On Social Media - A True Reflection Of Our Fabric. by tolutweety(m): 10:58pm On Jan 05, 2015
okzcorp:
Am doubtful of the willingness of many to comment objectively. We will barely see comments here since you asked for objectivity, albeit I still have hope in Nigeria.

Are you saying most can't be objective in their comments, especially as it relates to politics
Re: GMB Vs GEJ Battles On Social Media - A True Reflection Of Our Fabric. by okzcorp: 11:48pm On Jan 05, 2015
tolutweety:

Are you saying most can't be objective in their comments, especially as it relates to politics
Yes, do you think otherwise?

(1) (Reply)

My Conclusions On Buhari / Election Delay: Here Are The Winners, Losers And Unexpected Fence-sitters / OBJ Tweets Valentines Messages For Okupe (images)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.