Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,296 members, 7,836,296 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings (41801 Views)

Amaechi: Govs Asked Jonathan To Share Oil Savings Because He Was Mismanaging It / Amaechi Accuses Wike Of Squandering Over N40bn In Few Months / Why Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan – Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by agabaI23(m): 12:49am On Jan 06, 2015
Iyabo correctly defined you as someone who believes he owns Nigeria and should determine how it is run.

You have no right to blast Jonathan because he has outperformed you in all areas.

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by GeneralShepherd(m): 12:50am On Jan 06, 2015
ocelot2006:

You're blaming GEJ'S administration for the Oil subsidy fraud? The VERY same administration that EXPOSED same fraud and pushed to end the whole program before people like you took to the streets because you wanted change for the better but chickened out as you folks were unwilling to pay the necessary sacrifice to bring same change to fruition?

And did GEJ scrap the EFCC or defang it in any way.

And what of power? This same administration has built and commissioned far more power stations than past administrations COMBINED, resolved the issue of gas supply that plagued our power stations (the Gas Revolution: something previous administrations failed to think of) has generated far more power (over 4000mw) compared to OBJ'S paltry 1,000MW, has revamped and expanded our transmission grid, and liberalised the utility/power sector with private participation. You now enjoy more hours of power, yet you still have the audacity to lie?

Please lie better.

So.how many people went to jail after investigations? Rubbish
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by Forwetinnah: 12:51am On Jan 06, 2015
Anytime this man's plan crumbles, he shows up with a new gimmick..1st he endorsed BH and launched a senseless book, only for Inec to ask for BHs certificate and his book locked down. Now he's back with more of his " WATCH" stories. .i see another disgrace for BH looming grin . While he's attacking GEJ he hasn't said anything about Buhari's missing certificates

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by redcliff: 12:53am On Jan 06, 2015
poseidon12:

Let us know your own achievement.

Atleast i do not parade my self to be a world class economist and the very economy im managing is going down the drain like monkeys were running it!!!!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by agabaI23(m): 12:58am On Jan 06, 2015
Someone should help me tell Obasanjo that we have been through a period where oil sold for $30/barrell since he left the amount.
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by xklucvG: 12:59am On Jan 06, 2015
Elslim:
Baba don taya for hm pickin, Jona Tan (born finish) is finished!
Sai Buhari
NEXT
Buhari can govern you and your people but not South-South. We will never recognise Buhari i know the South-West is backing Buhari but i pity the South-West because Lagos and Ogun will be brought to ruins by the freedom fighters. Niger Delta! Onward Ever Backward Never. You had better let the Niger Delta go in peace or you will be shattered to pieces.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by Nobody: 1:01am On Jan 06, 2015
LRNZH:
Isn't what OBJ saying obvious?

Subsidy is now at 97kobo per liter of PMS and yet they cant remove subsidy because they're stealing from it.

They're increasing taxes.

They're taking more loans.

Abeg GMB for a robust Foreign Reserve.

Well......as much as I know that corruption is rife in this country now...
taxation is not a bad thing

How I wish the good religious leaders of this country would direct their ever so trusting followers to split their tithes in two...half for worship places, and half as tax
Okay...wont work, not feasible, not rational, not coherent...
....but still....

Seriously...more and heavy taxation of luxury goods plus more and more of same is a good way to increase Gov revenue

In power, I would tax the living daylights outta the teeny tiny rich minority who own the majority of this country's money
Then I would soooo probe and jail many people....name them, even rearrest some pardoned people!

Okay...I got carried away!
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by phlame(m): 1:01am On Jan 06, 2015
shocked

LOOTED MONEY DISCOVERED IN FOREIGN BANKS AND NAMES OF DEPOSITORS

NAMES OF DEPOSITORS LONDON SWISS($) USA ($) GERMANY (D)
GEN IBRAHIM BABANGIDA 6.25bn 7.41bn 2.00bn 9.00bn
GEN ABUBAKAR 1.31bn 2.33bn 800M
REAR ADMIRAL MIKE AKHIGBE 1.24bn 2.42bn 671M 1bn
GEN JERRY USENI 3.04bn 2.01bn 1.01bn 900M
ALH ISMAILA GWARZO 1.03bn 2.00bn 1.3bn 700M
ALH UMARU DIKKO 4.5bn 1.4bn 700M 345M
PAUL OGWUMA 300M 1.42bn 200M 500M
GEN SANI ABACHA 9.01bn 4.09bn 800M 3.01M
MOHAMMED ABACHA 300M 1.2bn 150M 535M
ABDULKADIR ABACHA 700M 1.21bn 900M 471M
ALHAJI WADA NAS 600M 1.32bn 300M
TOM IKIMI 400M 1.39bn 152M 371M
DAN ETETE 1.12bn 1.03bn 400M 1.72bn
DON ETIBET 2.5bn 1.06bn 700M 361M
MAJ AL MUSTAPHA 600M 1.001bn 210M
ANTHONY ANI 2.9bn 1.09bn 360M 1.66bn
BASHIR DALHATU 2.3bn 1.001bn 161M 1.43bn
GEN WUSHISHI 700M 1.301bn
ALH HASSAN ADAMU 300M 200M 700M
T Y DANJUMA 300M 200M 700M
GEN ISHAYA BAMAYI 120M 800M
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by sam13(m): 1:02am On Jan 06, 2015
I'm a truely born Nigeria and i stand for justice,equity and fairness with no sentiment at all...Please lets call a spade a spade north,south,east and west are one in this country i stood inside the sun voted and also waited for counting the vote was happy that mr Jonathan won the election...Three years down the lane problems here and there and my C in C of the army cannot stop corruption,stealing embezlement and rudeness to law then someone will now be telling me never to look for chage?Jonathan has betrayed me

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by LordDarius(m): 1:03am On Jan 06, 2015
OK
Baba has finish GEJ again.
Buhari till Jonathan becomes the Messiah of Otuoke
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by Stancollins(m): 1:08am On Jan 06, 2015
BabaO2:

Are u a daft or Jonathan apologist.? Name what the drunkard has done for 6years despite that his administration experienced oil boom of over $100/barrel. A yeye doctorate degree holder that can't manage economy, only to outsource it to okonjo iweala. A big shame, I wonder what he's doing there. Always afraid of defending budget every year. Jonathan don turn Nigeria to yeye.

And you think GMB will outdo him...
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by sam13(m): 1:11am On Jan 06, 2015
Stancollins:

And you think GMB will outdo him...

His past works speak volume for him during our fathers era lets do it for him again in our time

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by Eluwilussit(m): 1:11am On Jan 06, 2015
OBJ, I respect u and I like your comic side. For goodness sake, shut up. U have the effrontery to criticize Jonathan, how dare u? You chose Yar'Adua and Jonathan, single handedly. What were u thinking?

Talking of corruption; how much were u worth before u became the president in 1997 and how much are u worth today? Nonsense.

Jonathan is weak and corrupt, no doubt. But anyone who claims that Jonathan hasn't done well so far is a blatant liar. Jonathan is hated because he's seen as a weak minority. Not necessarily because he's corrupt.

Saint Buhari is hobnobbing with one of the most corrupt Nigerians ever, in the person of Tinubu. Show me your friends and I will tell u whom u are. Buhari is no messiah. Someone who has refused to provide the most elementary and rudimentary requirement of INEC, can't honestly be corruption free. What is the general hiding? I wish I knew.

As for the assumption that Jonathan has failed to curb corruption, that's absolute rubbish. To stem corruption, it has to start from the grassroots. The masses, first have to get tired of it. The western leaders are kept in check by the people and not because they are such good leaders. Given the chance, they ll loot equally.

All I am saying is that the people produce the leaders they deserve. Jonathan didn't fall from heaven. We chose him. We take the blame. Period.

As for holy Buhari, ShowUsYourCertificates. We are complaining about Jonathan and corruption while at the same time, we are about to make the exact mistake that landed us as a nation into Jona wahala.

We as a people, have got to wake up. We need a total National Awakening. Our National consciousness needs some stirring of special sort. We need to examine our conscience at the national level and individually. We need to accept who we are and agree to live as one.

North, South, East and West, should be abolished. State of origin as well. We should be talking about place of birth and residency. That's the road to nation building. Most importantly, we need an honest head count. We need some sort of National ID. Thus, every nigerian will have a unique identity number. Then we can know who is who.

These are the things I need to hear from Buhari and co. Jonathan as well. We need to move forward. We need to uphold our young and promising democracy. We need to accept and appreciate our diversity. From every tribe and clime, according to its ability and resources. Every nigerian has a stake in this country. We all need to contribute our quota to the success of the Nation and not drawing our quota from government. Stop stealing from the public purse. Vote with your conscience.

I will pray that God who brought us together as a people through Lugard, will help us this time to make the right choice. If Jonathan's time is up, so be it. If truly Buhari is the chosen one, so be it as well. After all is said and done, Nigeria must remain and we as a people, must find a way to live together in harmony.

Long live Nigeria. God bless your people.

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by Stancollins(m): 1:13am On Jan 06, 2015
forkadict:

No worries. But you may rest assured that no mess up can be greater than Jonathan's.

Dude thinks Nigerian's voted for him to be the President of Nigeria's drunkards Association rather than be the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

can u just listen to yourself...
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by Stancollins(m): 1:14am On Jan 06, 2015
forkadict:

No worries. But you may rest assured that no mess up can be greater than Jonathan's.

Dude thinks Nigerian's voted for him to be the President of Nigeria's drunkards Association rather than be the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

can u just listen to yourself...
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by InvertedHammer: 1:18am On Jan 06, 2015
azimibraun:
If GEJ has anything on OBJ he would have used it to shut him up long ago. OBJ is mighty clean of corruption if not why all these venom upon venom( facts anyway) and the clueless squad can't check the records and nail OBJ? Na respect abi na love? It means to me OBJ ddnt steal that's why he has the " Guts of a freeborn"
/
GEJ has a lot of things against OBJ. But alcoholics tend to lend carefree lives.

GEJ is a born coward and they know it. Even his wife knows that and that's why eeveryone is playing him like a table tennis game.

He has no balls and cannot make up his mind wwhich explains why the only solution he has for issues of critical importance is the formation of committees. God forbid if he has to use his brain.
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by MadCow1: 1:21am On Jan 06, 2015
FastShipping:
Obasanjo was the architect of our country's problem. He saw an honest man in Buhari but went for Yar'Adua and a dunce od vice president called Jonathan who later ascend to the throne after the demise of Yar'Adua.

Obasanjo should go and sit down in one corner.

Obasanjo didn't vote Jonathan into office in 2011, we did.. Now we can change our mistake.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by Stancollins(m): 1:21am On Jan 06, 2015
sam13:

His past works speak volume for him during our fathers era lets do it for him again in our time

Glad to hear that it was during our father's era...unfortunately, such era is gone...
His leadership is never fitted to this era...
His case is that of over-ambitiousness...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by Nobody: 1:23am On Jan 06, 2015
huptin:
A lot of questions need to be asked about how a country can save $67Billion dollars and pay up its debts when Oil price was hovering around $30 to $75, but the country's reserve suddenly got depleted to about $40Billion when the price of oil was selling far above $100Billion, yet we have borrowed more without any corresponding major infrastructure to show for it. GEJ's economic managers have a lot of explaining to do.

My brother, If you know how much the present administrators- GEJ, Ngozi, Petroleum minister including non-administrator have embezzled.................. Abacha and Babangida's embezzlement would be a child play to what these thieves have stolen.

Imagine Ngozi Iwella out of all people, with her world reputation still continue to manage herself in a failed administration like this............that should tell u there is something she is waiting for

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by vislabraye(m): 1:27am On Jan 06, 2015
ziccoit:
Honestly GEJ misdemeanor in power has overshadowed whatever evils OBJ might have committed during his time.

OBJ should first and foremost apologize to Nigerians for fielding in GEJ. There is no need bashing his government now that things have gone wrong.
Didn't he know about GEJ before picking him? OBJ u deserve as much spanking as GEJ.
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by azzima(m): 1:47am On Jan 06, 2015
Stancollins:
another clueless allegation from a compulsive liar...
Obj's foolishness is becoming unbearable on daily bases...
GEJ will always give him the best answer to a fool...SILENCE...
OBJ, the old man has refused to grow up...it's a pity
numbers don't lie. Forget the messenger and listen to the message....Some Nigerians are just poor wretched and stubborn fools for life.
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by That9jaVine(m): 1:51am On Jan 06, 2015
It is well
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by daniel2090: 2:09am On Jan 06, 2015
Fellywood:

You took this out of my mouth my brother....But they wont know what will hit them after the polls. Their conspiracy will not work. Whom God has blessed, NO ONE can curse. What did obasanjo do during an-eight year rule...no roads, no light, no rail...NOTHING. No conspiracy will stop GEJ from returning.
wait a minute....its is obvious even to the blind man that nigeria is in a big financial mess due to mismanagement over last 6yrs and yet all u can pick up is conspiracy theory......? chai
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by Gozillar: 2:09am On Jan 06, 2015
Truth be told, the situation in Nigeria presently makes me feel very miserable, I still can not understand why our president appears very supportive of corruption. I lost hope in Jonathan fighting corruption when I watched him on presidential chat answering a question about missing 20billion dollar from NNPC, I was dumb founder when a whole president will say "if 20 billion dollar is missing, america will know", so I asked because America does not know, then the money ain't missing or what? How can a president make such utterance? I ponder why under his watch a lot of corrupt government officials have gone scot-free and some with new appointments in his administration e.g likes of farouk lawal, Femi fani, alamayesiya, princess oduah, maina, and a whole lot. In fact in GEJ administration, no major persecution of corrupt office holders were recorded, unlike OBJ tenure when like of tafa balogun, bode George, james ebori, etc were held accountable. Regardless of any good jonathan might have done, the favourable atmosphere he created for corruption makes him irritate me. We need change. God bless Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by gossipgirl23: 2:11am On Jan 06, 2015
OBJ has seen something for him to come out talk even when himself was not good in power that means jonathan own don pass e own imagination
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by Zzyzx92(m): 2:12am On Jan 06, 2015
xklucvG:

Buhari can govern you and your people but not South-South. We will never recognise Buhari i know the South-West is backing Buhari but i pity the South-West because Lagos and Ogun will be brought to ruins by the freedom fighters. Niger Delta! Onward Ever Backward Never. You had better let the Niger Delta go in peace or you will be shattered to pieces.
Baba mi, if anything happens to my Family, i will personally look for you, hunt you down and KILL you!......be wise!
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by jayonpoint(m): 2:14am On Jan 06, 2015
coolhamid:
Though we would all agree that Jonathan has failed us but obasanjo imposed him on us .He has no right to blame Jonathan .
And u dnt knw dat tinubu imposed fashola? Ode!
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by daniel2090: 2:18am On Jan 06, 2015
PUSH1:
"Find out the track records of achievements of those you want to vote for. What have they achieved in the past and not what they have said" -OBJ

A word is enough for the wise!
believe me..most nigerians are not as wise to that effect...we have eyes but we cannot see..we have ears but we cannot hear.
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by daniel2090: 2:26am On Jan 06, 2015
Shed24:
Baba just dey talk poooo, did he fought corruption during his Regime? He introduced EFCC, which he used as koboko (cain) to flog political opponents. Baba wanted to fight corruption and he tried to violate nations one of greatest content of the constitution, when he wanted to ignore 2 tenure systerm to 3 and above tenure system. Thanks be to God that some great Senators opposed him, while some were believed to ve sold their aye 4 de third term in Office in exchange of a 'Ghana must go bag'. Huh?

GMB wants to change Nigeria? Ok. What could he achieve during his 3 years in Office? As a military head of State with great Authority he ought to change Nigeria a little bit. He could not do nothing, they introduced WAR AGAINST INDISCIPLINE AND CORRUPTION just to use it to tackle ordinary man on the street who could not do his 'Clean up' (sanitation)and people he considered as his enemies. Will he provide steady power supply, huh? and He abondoned Mambilla Hydro Power Plants 32 years ago, which is supposed to be producing 3050MW. Huh?
3years of gmb?? pls dont go there.u are a poor historian.go back to the books and check well what that regime did objectively, and the reasons behind every single action, besides check gmb track records before we all jump to conclusion
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by daniel2090: 2:27am On Jan 06, 2015
Shed24:
Baba just dey talk poooo, did he fought corruption during his Regime? He introduced EFCC, which he used as koboko (cain) to flog political opponents. Baba wanted to fight corruption and he tried to violate nations one of greatest content of the constitution, when he wanted to ignore 2 tenure systerm to 3 and above tenure system. Thanks be to God that some great Senators opposed him, while some were believed to ve sold their aye 4 de third term in Office in exchange of a 'Ghana must go bag'. Huh?

GMB wants to change Nigeria? Ok. What could he achieve during his 3 years in Office? As a military head of State with great Authority he ought to change Nigeria a little bit. He could not do nothing, they introduced WAR AGAINST INDISCIPLINE AND CORRUPTION just to use it to tackle ordinary man on the street who could not do his 'Clean up' (sanitation)and people he considered as his enemies. Will he provide steady power supply, huh? and He abondoned Mambilla Hydro Power Plants 32 years ago, which is supposed to be producing 3050MW. Huh?
3years of gmb?? pls dont go there.u are a poor historian.go back to the books and check well what that regime did objectively, and the reasons behind every single action, besides check gmb track records before we all jump to conclusion on who can do something whatwhile to save us from the mess naija dey in now
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan Again, Accuses President Of Squandering Oil Savings by Nobody: 2:31am On Jan 06, 2015
agabaI23:
Iyabo correctly defined you as someone who believes he owns Nigeria and should determine how it is run.

You have no right to blast Jonathan because he has outperformed you in all areas.
In what areas??Just one example.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

If El-rufai Is Not Arrested, Buhari Should Apologise To Nnamdi Kanu – Omokri / Pictures And Videos Of Peter Obi Presidential Rally In Anambra State / Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.