Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

What's New In The Nigerdelta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What's New In The Nigerdelta (1293 Views)

Ranking Population And Major Tribes In The Nigerdelta region / Threats: Ohanaeze, MASSOB, OPC Back Nigerdelta Militants / What If It Was The North And Not The Nigerdelta? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's New In The Nigerdelta by Nobody: 9:46pm On Aug 15, 2006
nothing!

kidnapping expatriates has become the latest business venture

its ridiculous now , this is the 5th kidnapping in 2 weeks shocked
Re: What's New In The Nigerdelta by ono(m): 2:13pm On Aug 16, 2006
Well, a friend of mine once said:

Until you address a burning issue, the issue keeps burning you.
Re: What's New In The Nigerdelta by otokx(m): 2:33pm On Aug 16, 2006
well said ONO
Re: What's New In The Nigerdelta by Mariory(m): 2:50pm On Aug 16, 2006
What's new? As predicted, the military has lost patience and is about to go on the rampage.
Re: What's New In The Nigerdelta by otokx(m): 3:24pm On Aug 16, 2006
military ko? rampage ni? inside where.
Re: What's New In The Nigerdelta by Mariory(m): 6:31pm On Aug 16, 2006
I am willing to bet in a couple of wks u'll be on here talking about crimes, occupation of the military against Niger Delta civilians.
Re: What's New In The Nigerdelta by otokx(m): 8:15pm On Aug 16, 2006
no military personnel will be deployed inside the niger delta to oppress anyone so you wont here me say such.
Re: What's New In The Nigerdelta by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 16, 2006
all i know is that its becoming ridiculous, the rate at which they are kidnapping is silly

its such common news now i wonder whether it still has the same effect

earlier this year one kidnapping sent the oil prices skyrocketting now with everything else going on the world it does not have the same effect

is it money that's being used to negotiate the releases ? if it is isn't that money a means of getting arms

its worrisome the access civilians have to sophisticated firearms even the daredevils robberies in lagos of late are like scenes from movies

i'd hate for us to breed armed militia like they have in ethiopia and somalia
Re: What's New In The Nigerdelta by otokx(m): 11:21pm On Aug 18, 2006
The Port Harcourt International Airport has been closed down for major rehabilitation works.
Re: What's New In The Nigerdelta by Mariory(m): 12:53am On Aug 19, 2006
Re: What's New In The Nigerdelta by ono(m): 4:21pm On Aug 19, 2006
No doubt you did not read the full lenght of that yahoo news write up.

The Abuja-based federal government apportions the earnings from Nigeria's oil industry. Despite the great riches, most of the Niger Delta is mired in extreme poverty, and most residents live without electricity, health care or schools. Many Nigerians accuse their leaders of stealing much of the oil funds. Nigeria is routinely ranked among the world's most-corrupt nation.

That's from the site you posted. Men and women of conscience knows the truth when they see it.
Re: What's New In The Nigerdelta by otokx(m): 1:46am On Aug 20, 2006
With the closure of the Port Harcourt International Airport (the only functional one in the niger delta), NEPA (forget PHCN) seems to have diverted electricity supply from that area to God knows where. The University of Port Harcourt (the only federal institution in the area) which is on the same line as the airport has been thrown into darkness. Infact, I am posting this reply using a laptop whose battery life remains about 15 minutes because there has not been electricity. It may not come as a surprise, the increase in violence not just in the Niger Delta but most of Nigeria because of non delivery of democracy dividend 7 years post 1999 (Inspite of the billions of dollars they have been collecting). Darkness has been very instrumental to the success of such activities as bank robberies, home robberies and maybe kidnapping. Until projects by the three tiers of government leave the pages of corrupt media organizations - NTA (number 1), there will continue to be revolutionary responses. What has started in the Niger Delta and the East can be replicated in the West and North with damning consequences. If Hizbollah that has no oil blocs can give each family $12000, then our politicians are without excuse.
Re: What's New In The Nigerdelta by Mariory(m): 4:14pm On Aug 20, 2006
lmfao
Re: What's New In The Nigerdelta by Nobody: 5:01pm On Aug 20, 2006
i don't get how in seven years nothing has changed

what's with the governors and i'm not talking about resource control

even the 13% derivation that nigerdelta gets as extra where does it go to?

all those governors should be indicted
its a shame

if they came together and applied consistent vocal pressure the issue of pollution and gas flaring would have been addressed.

if the government does not know what to do about Nigerdelta then the governors should tell them what instead of leaving it to militia, MOSOP and environmental organisations
Re: What's New In The Nigerdelta by otokx(m): 5:46am On Aug 21, 2006
The military authorities are arresting miscreants in the city of Port Harcourt and calling them militants.
Re: What's New In The Nigerdelta by otokx(m): 6:15pm On Aug 22, 2006
There is fuel scarcity in the city so traffic is light as a lot of vehicles are in the petrol stations.
Re: What's New In The Nigerdelta by otokx(m): 12:19pm On Aug 29, 2006
The rains have been quite heavy and sustained in the past 3 days.

(1) (Reply)

Atiku's Many Shady Deals / Petrol Madness / Hahahahahah! ''Dr.'' Akala Of Oyo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.