Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,363 members, 7,868,050 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 09:54 AM

18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga (1076 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Jonathan With Abu Ali In Baga, Borno / Pictures From The Battle In Baga Against Boko Haram / 18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga by Obascoetubi: 6:40pm On Jan 05, 2015
SaharaReporters has learnt
that Boko Haram militants
may have kidnapped 18
female soldiers in Baga in
Borno State, according to
information from military
sources. Two sources told
SaharaReporters that, out of
26 female soldiers posted to
the military base of the
Multinational Joint Task
Force, only eight have so far
been accounted for.
The commander of the troops
in the area, Colonel Kuti, has
also not been found since the
insurgents attacked the town
on Saturday.

Residents of Baga told our
reporters that Boko Haram
insurgents invaded their town
and killed at least 55 people,
including soldiers attached to
MNJTF. Both residents and
security sources said the
insurgent attack lasted close
to 18 hours before the
Islamist terrorists
overpowered the troops and
seized the military base.
One military source said the
attack took them by surprise.
He said the troops made a
gallant effort to repel the
attack, but that hundreds of
Islamist militants stormed the
military base with high-caliber
weapons. A resident revealed
that the invading insurgents
also burnt down parts of the
fishing town.
Bukar Kaka, a fisherman who
fled from the town, said no
fewer than 50 villagers,
including five soldiers, were
killed while others sustained
wounds in the attacks. He
said he saw soldiers fleeing.
A military source disclosed
that some fleeing sources
were headed for Monguno
barracks near Maiduguri, the
capital of Borno State.
The fisherman said Boko
Haram militants sacked the
troops from the barracks,
with the soldiers fleeing into
various locations. “A lot of us
found ourselves in the bush.
In fact some of them
removed their uniforms,” said
Mr. Kaka.
A security source said the
insurgent invaders also
stormed other neighboring
communities, shooting
indiscriminately at people. He
added that the militants also
destroyed hundreds of
houses and shops, often
using fuel and other explosive
devices.
In an interview with the
British Broadcasting
Corporation (BBC), Senator
Maina Ma’aji Lawan
confirmed the insurgents’
attack on Baga and
surrounding towns. He added
that military troops and youth
volunteers, popularly known
as ‘civilian JTF, had
attempted to repel the
onslaught, but were
overpowered by the invaders.
“This is indeed a sad moment
for my people who were
plunged into bloodshed by
the insurgents. Security
forces with active support of
the youth have been working
hard to protect the area from
several attacks in the past.
But due to the large number
of the terrorists and
dangerous weapons they
used in the latest onslaught
these patriotic persons were
unable to resist them,” Mr.
Lawan said.
“We are calling on the Federal
Government to provide relief
materials for the displaced
persons and expedite action
[to] liberate the area so that
our people can return to
normal life,” the senator
added.
Boko Haram insurgents had
attacked Baga on three
previous occasions over the
past one year, leaving more
than 300 people dead.
source http://saharareporters.com/2015/01/05/18-female-soldiers-feared-kidnapped-baga
Re: 18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jan 05, 2015
Fp
Re: 18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga by TheRealCoolHunK: 6:45pm On Jan 05, 2015
What's all this nonsense happening in Nigeria?
Re: 18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga by Basildvalour(m): 6:46pm On Jan 05, 2015
Hmmm! These boko haram people, they been targeting ladies and the female folks all the time.
Re: 18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga by LRNZH(m): 6:48pm On Jan 05, 2015
My God!

And GEJ feels comfortable eating and sipping Ogogoro everyday?

This Otueke's messiah's time is up.
May God aid in the soldier's fast rescue.

GMB 2015 for a strong Military.
Boko Haram Out!!!
Re: 18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga by adoniza(m): 7:20pm On Jan 05, 2015
Army abandoning their barracks is not common, but is becoming frequent in Nigeria. I wonder what could be the cause.
Re: 18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga by taharqa: 7:22pm On Jan 05, 2015
LRNZH:
My God!

Boko Haram Out!!!
Were you not d IJIOT who was masquerating ova that Vanguard report on d Military not hving Buhari's original certificates cos it quoted 'unnamed sources'? So you bliv this 'bad news' now from SR, who also quoted 'unnamed security sources' for dis info on suppossed kidnapp of 18 female soldier, cos dis time you can blame GEJ, abi??... BLADDI HYPOCRITE.

1 Like

Re: 18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga by podosci(m): 7:29pm On Jan 05, 2015
taharqa:
Were you not d IJIOT who was masquerating ova that Vanguard report on d Military not hving Buhari's original certificates cos it quoted 'unnamed sources'? So you bliv this 'bad news' now from SR, who also quoted 'unnamed security sources' for dis info on suppossed kidnapp of 18 female soldier, cos dis time you can blame GEJ, abi??... BLADDI HYPOCRITE.
i saw an article about the baga attack and subsequent capture on Aljazeera, so i think its credible info for now.......
Re: 18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga by resty4(m): 7:31pm On Jan 05, 2015
BH is a northern strategy 2 wrest power from GJ. BH has islamic agenda, and political as well supported by northern elites and unfortunately GJ is collectg the heat yet he seems not to act decisively as the grand commander of Nigeria arm forces. I pity GJ.
What a pity ! D fall of baga is heavy lost 2 nigeria.now BH have free flow of arms and military hardwares and merceneries from chad,libya,car,niger.
As a matter of urgency the Multi national Forces sh regain Baga or else we sh b ready 2 c and hear more horrible tales of BH. God save us.
Re: 18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga by mrofficial(m): 7:34pm On Jan 05, 2015
Thank you for informing us. Jonathan, over to you.
Re: 18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga by taharqa: 7:40pm On Jan 05, 2015
podosci:

i saw an article about the baga attack and subsequent capture on Aljazeera, so i think its credible info for now.......
Was not talking about d Baga attack per say, but d so-calld 'kidnap of 18 female soldiers'
Re: 18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga by podosci(m): 8:58pm On Jan 05, 2015
taharqa:
Was not talking about d Baga attack per say, but d so-calld 'kidnap of 18 female soldiers'
that report most have been exagerated.....its hard to comfirm such reports because the military hardly gives out info about its captured soldiers

1 Like

Re: 18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jan 05, 2015
LRNZH:
My God!

Boko Haram Out!!!
may the good Lord scuttle all ur evil midnite plans...
#gej for '15...

(1) (Reply)

Check Out This Trending Image On Nairaland...what A Die Hard Fan (team 2015) / Total Nigeria Completes Pipeline To Deliver Gas To Alaoji Power Plant! / How My Father’s Jailer Can Offer Nigeria A Fresh Start - Author Lola Shoneyin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.