Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Ridiculous Messages I Gets From My Mobile Phone Service Provider. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ridiculous Messages I Gets From My Mobile Phone Service Provider. (719 Views)

Some Of The Most Ridiculous Selfies Ever Shared By Nigerian Youths Online (pics) / See The Hilarious Messages I Got From Glo When I Was Expecting Bank Alert / How I Rescued My Mobile Contacts From Armed Bandits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ridiculous Messages I Gets From My Mobile Phone Service Provider. by Nobody: 9:17am On Jan 06, 2015
Ridiculous Messages I Gets From My Mobile Phone Service Provider.

Am a MTN subcriber, but sometimes I feel like am dating Mtn, imagine receiving 8 sms from MTN daily, it could be so disturbing when you are doing paper work that require your full attention, I remember the day I was expecting sms alert from my bank, MTN showed me sege that day by distracting me so many times, also when my BB battery is already on yellow and am just trying to reserve my battery for emergency calls,
I contacted the call centre , that such sms should be stopped, imagine , I got 3 sms from MTN just after then within 15mins.
Can't we do something about this?
Is the phone no longer mine? Is this normal everywhere in the world?
Abi , am I just being over reactive?
I will like to read about the experience of other phone users, both MTN and other network users.
Thanks.
Re: Ridiculous Messages I Gets From My Mobile Phone Service Provider. by mjames: 9:53am On Jan 06, 2015
islandbreeze:
Ridiculous Messages I Gets From My Mobile Phone Service Provider.

Am a MTN subcriber, but sometimes I feel like am dating Mtn, imagine receiving 8 sms from MTN daily, it could be so disturbing when you are doing paper work that require your full attention, I remember the day I was expecting sms alert from my bank, MTN showed me sege that day by distracting me so many times, also when my BB battery is already on yellow and am just trying to reserve my battery for emergency calls,
I contacted the call centre , that such sms should be stopped, imagine , I got 3 sms from MTN just after then within 15mins.
Can't we do something about this?
Is the phone no longer mine? Is this normal everywhere in the world?
Abi , am I just being over reactive?
I will like to read about the experience of other phone users, both MTN and other network users.
Thanks.

Thank God you don't have Airtel, you for cry more than this. God help us
Re: Ridiculous Messages I Gets From My Mobile Phone Service Provider. by Oluwatosean(m): 10:11am On Jan 06, 2015
mjames:

i have airtel and airtel is still cul buh mtn na yawa

@op, there was a thread like this sumtime ago and a code of how to deactive those msg was posted buh i cnt rememba,mayb u shuld search 4 it
Re: Ridiculous Messages I Gets From My Mobile Phone Service Provider. by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jan 06, 2015
Oluwatosean:
i have airtel and airtel is still cul buh mtn na yawa

@op, there was a thread like this sumtime ago and a code of how to deactive those msg was posted buh i cnt rememba,mayb u shuld search 4 it

Seriously? Can you help me with the link? I'd be happy
Re: Ridiculous Messages I Gets From My Mobile Phone Service Provider. by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 06, 2015
mjames:

I don't think Airtel can compete with MTN on that level.
Re: Ridiculous Messages I Gets From My Mobile Phone Service Provider. by Oluwatosean(m): 7:49pm On Jan 06, 2015
islandbreeze:

Seriously? Can you help me with the link? I'd be happy
i culdnt get the link buh try sending STOP to 33111

(1) (Reply)

Windows Phone Now Have 2go Messenger / Microsoft Lumia 535 Help / The Storm Of Hunter Game Android Solutions Tool Diamonds And Coins APK Ios

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.