Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

What Morals Can You Learn From This Story? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Morals Can You Learn From This Story? (708 Views)

What Lessons Did You Learn From 2016 For 2017? / Morals / lol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Morals Can You Learn From This Story? by collins123(m): 9:53am On Jan 06, 2015
"That same night, I wrote my first short story. It took me thirty minutes. It was a dark little tale about a man who found a magic cup and learned that if he wept into the cup, his tears turned into pearls. But even though he had always been poor, he was a happy man and rarely shed a tear. So he found ways to make himself sad so that his tears could make him rich. As the pearls piled up, so did his greed grow. The story ended with the man sitting on a mountain of pearls, knife in hand, weeping helplessly into the cup with his beloved wife's slain body in his arms."

-Khaled Hosseini, The Kite Runner

(1) (Reply)

Guess What Google And Yahoo Thinks About Jonathan!!!! / Bomb Blast In Rumuola Portharcourt, True Or False? / A General Perspective On The Concept Of Super Time-space And Its Qualities.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.