Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,344 members, 7,811,993 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

Foreign Donors Vote Millions To Promote Gay Culture In Africa - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Foreign Donors Vote Millions To Promote Gay Culture In Africa (1120 Views)

“my Name Is MMM, I Am A Ponzi Scheme, People Lost Millions To Me Because Of Gree / Pix:up To 60 Wounded Soldiers To Get joystick Transplants,donors Wanted! / TB Joshua Reacts To New Gay Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Foreign Donors Vote Millions To Promote Gay Culture In Africa by RothmasPop: 12:58pm On Jan 06, 2015
Although many African countries are contending with funds to fight scourges like the Ebola Virus, HIV/AIDS, malaria amongst others, an investigation by National Mirror has revealed that funding for gay activities are beginning to top the priority of foreign donors.

In 2015 alone, funding for gay activities is expected to triple, with many foreign foundations coming up with donations for gay rights, in apparent reaction to the recent continent-wide criminalization of same-sex marriage in Africa.

National Mirror investigation revealed that the funds will be mostly disbursed through the International Gay and Lesbian Association, which derives funding from many multinationals and governments in Europe and America.

Some multinationals and groups fingered in the arrangement to fund gay activities include Google, Open Society Institute founded by billionaire, George Soros, Freedom House, a US-based NGO, the UK’s Sigrid Rausing Trust, Evelyn and Walter Haas, Jr, Rescue Fund for Gays, Lesbians, Bisexual and Transgender, which operates from South Africa and The Charlotte Lesbian and Gay Fund.

Decrying the situation, a university don who went in search of grants available for human rights causes told our correspondent that the donors are beginning to divert funds meant for defence of core human rights causes to gay rights issues.

He said: “I could not believe it when I was told that the bulk of the grants being budgeted for human rights cases in Africa have been redirected to fighting for gay.

“In some instances, the grants available run into hundreds of millions of dollars, while the core human rights abuse cases have been relegated to the background.

“The implication is that human rights issues may be at the background going forward, especially in Africa.”

Investigations by our correspondent showed that some of the foundations, previously known for supporting human rights issues have shifted their attention to gay rights struggle with Victory Fund’s arm in Johannesburg, South Africa earmarking a princely $250m for gay rights campaign in 2015.

It was also gathered that there are plans to incorporate an initiative called Project One Africa (after Project One America funded by Apple’s gay chief executive officer, Tim Cook), who recently committed a whopping $8.5m to the fight for gay rights from his private purse.

Already, The Charlotte Lesbian and Gay Fund have called for applications for grants in gay rights for 2015 which opens on January 15.

According to the report on their web page, the grant, which would be classified into two-‘Programs, Projects and Events’ (PPE) (awards up to $5,000 to support the creation of programmes, projects or events that address the mission of gays and lesbians and ‘Basic Operating Grants’, which avails unrestricted operating funds to build capacity of nonprofit organisations specifically serving Charlotte’s gay community, especially in Africa.

The role of the European Union in protecting gay rights only came to the fore recently, when Russia in a report accused it of pushing a far-left ideology of sexual libertinism that is at odds with the culture of most member states.

The Russian report said: “The European Union and its member states consider, as one of their priorities, the dissemination of their neoliberal values as a universal lifestyle for all other members of the international community.

“Attempts have been made to enforce on other countries an alien view of homosexuality and samesex marriages as a norm of life and some kind of a natural social phenomenon that deserves support at the state level.”

Homosexual activities in many countries in Africa attract a jail term of up to fourteen years.
http://popafrica.com/foreign-donors-vote-millions-promote-gay-culture-africa/

Re: Foreign Donors Vote Millions To Promote Gay Culture In Africa by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jan 06, 2015
Oh... They are human beings too.
I've got nothing against them.

4 Likes

Re: Foreign Donors Vote Millions To Promote Gay Culture In Africa by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 06, 2015
They aren't donating funds to promote "gay culture" (whatever that means). They're donating funds to help gay people in Africa, especially those that have been rejected by their friends and families, and also to help out with asylum cases when such discrimination comes to an extreme.

Educating the gay community would also be important, especially to the gay teenagers who would be on sex spree just cos they've discovered other people like them. Many still don't know that gay sex can still pass on STIs. And many teenagers only realise too late their sexual mistakes.

And lawd knows the African gay community needs as much support as it can get right now, especially with the stringent law in Nigeria.

So, OP, get those facts right and and stop seeing it from your own POV. No one is trying to force you into being gay, and you can't exactly just turn into a gay person just like that, except you were gay from the onset.

Cheers.

Happily gay cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Donors Vote Millions To Promote Gay Culture In Africa by beryl04(m): 10:15pm On Jan 06, 2015
OP,Gay rights is serious human rights issue in Africa and donors have every right to channel their money where they believe it's mostly needed.for as long as the African govts continue to shout it from the rooftops that they don't want gays,with the ensuing threats and victimization,arrests,prosecutions and in some serious cases mob-lynching of lgbtq people from many African societies,this is what you are going to get.really,this is just as good as it gets !

i know u'd rather the money end up in the already deep pockets of corrupt African politicians, but hell-to-the-no,the donors know who their targets are.

the university don that went in search of grants for human rights, what is his real mission and motive ?corruption.

ps: no one promotes homosexuality,if you are not gay ,then you are not.quit the ignorance.thousands are seeking asylum in foreign embassies and home offices abroad as a result of maltreatment for being gay and you are here yarning rubbish.

i'm gay and no one taught me neither was i exposed to any 'gayish' thing when i was growing up.u people should go back to school and fix this damn society already.shior!
Re: Foreign Donors Vote Millions To Promote Gay Culture In Africa by RothmasPop: 6:50am On Jan 07, 2015
All Gays in the house,I'm very sorry,pele!

(1) (Reply)

The Best Vocalists Of This Generation / Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic Unwana Releases Her Second Semester Result / 2015/2016 NNPC/CHEVRON Undergraduate Scholarship Is Currently Open

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.