Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,145 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Presidential election: My hope lies in God, Nigerians--Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential election: My hope lies in God, Nigerians--Jonathan (1254 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Writes: Our Hope Lies In A Peaceful Plebiscite / (photo)... See Wia Buhari's Hope Lies.. / Buhari, Osinbajo’ve Sinned Against God, Nigerians -sen Adeyemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidential election: My hope lies in God, Nigerians--Jonathan by makzeze: 6:08pm On Jan 06, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan
President Goodluck Jonathan says his hope for victory in the February 14 presidential election is based on the blessing of God as well as the support and confidence of the great majority of Nigerians. 

The president noted that he was going into the poll to legitimately seek Nigerians' mandate for further service, consolidation and continuity of the country's progress.

Jonathan spoke at Legacy House, Maitama in Abuja today at the inauguration of the People's Democratic Party Campaign Organisation, headed by a former national chairman of the party, Senator Ahmadu Ali.

He said: "With all our party leaders and members, we are going into this election season to legitimately seek our peoples’ mandate for further service, consolidation and continuity of progress for our country. We must place our hope for victory in nothing else but the support and confidence of the great majority of our people, and the blessing of Almighty God".

Stressing further that he was also personally counting his campaign team, the president said: "I ask you to take on this assignment for your great party, for Goodluck Jonathan and Namadi Sambo, and also, more importantly, for the country as a whole".

He said he was convinced that "not only are you up to the task individually or as a team, but that you also have all that it takes- the passion, intellect, drive, commitment, and the know-how to run a focused, robust and purposeful campaign that will further endear our ticket to the electorate and bring us victory once again. Many of you are tested veterans of political campaigns.  As we embark formally on the campaigns for our re-election, our party, the People’s Democratic Party will depend on you".

The president assured that he would ensure that Nigerians' vote counts and that their will prevails, "as it should, in every true democracy".

Noting that the whole world is watching on Nigeria as the country goes to the polls this year, Jonathan said Nigeria must get the forthcoming general elections right and expressed optimism that the country would surely get it right.

He said the forthcoming elections undoubtedly marked a critical point in Nigeria's history, saying: "The eyes of the international community are focused on the transition that lies ahead of us; the fifth post-military rule general elections that will be conducted under a civilian dispensation in Nigeria. The world is asking: will Nigeria get it right? My categorical response to that is: Yes, we must. And surely, we will. It is your duty to ensure that through your campaigns and activities, this primary objective is not lost".

He said his commitment to free, fair, credible, and violence-free elections remained unshaken, asking members of his campaign team to make such their own commitment as they go to the field to seek Nigerians mandate once again.

"You must always remember that we are a party of democrats, not a party of hooligans. We are a party of patriots, not a party of renegades. We are a party of statesmen and women. We are a party of builders, not destroyers. We are a party of committed servants of the people.  You must let our people see once again, that we are in this to serve and to move Nigeria forward, not to move Nigeria backwards", he said.

He said in the coming campaigns and elections, "we must see to it that Nigeria triumphs, and that democracy wins. No other cause can be greater than the Nigerian cause. Without Nigeria, there will be no president. We've an obligation to consolidate our democracy, strengthen our institutions and project Nigeria positively by running a disciplined, issues-based and civilised campaign. That is my charge to you all".

He said he was especially inspired by the positive energy, the optimism and the enthusiasm among the party leaders and members, noting that there might be issues arising from the party primaries which had left some members  aggrieved.

He added this was the time for all to come together and work as one family, noting that in the end of the day, every one of them would be useful in one way or the other.

The president charged his campaign team to go round the country to propagate his message of transformation and continuity.

He specifically urged them to flaunt his achievements to all Nigerians, urging "Flaunt our achievements in all parts of the country, tell the story of what we've achieved and let the facts and the figures be heard in every nook and cranny of Nigeria".

He also urged his campaign team to fully mobilise all the party faithful in every ward and every district to work for the victory required to take his transformation agenda forward to a successful conclusion for the benefit of present and future generations of Nigerians.

"Go forward and work to the best of your great abilities to win electoral victory once again for us and our great party", the president directed.

According to him, the PDP's creditable performance in the past four years should be its strongest selling point as it goes to the campaign fields.

The president implored the team to be civil, decorous and law-abiding in its campaigns across the country. 

He noted that he intended to fulfil his the pledged he had repeatedly made, with seriousness, to Nigerians and the international community that as much as it lies within his administration's powers, the coming general elections will be free, fair, credible and violence-free. 

He reassured that his government would promptly and decisively deal with troublemakers before, during and after the elections, in accordance to the law.

"As agents of the ruling party, all eyes will be on you during the campaign and elections. I therefore expect nothing but the highest standards of exemplary conduct from you as your worthy contribution to the fulfilment of our pledge of peaceful and successful elections. Some other politicians and campaigners are threatening fire and brimstone. Do not join them. Some other parties are pulling down other people’s posters. That is primitive. Please, don't join them. Every Nigerian must be free to campaign anywhere. Thugs, violence and malpractice or rigging must have no place in our campaign and electoral activities. Do not join those who threaten to start fires and turn them into infernos in our country.

"We've everything that it takes to run an excellent and victorious campaign. Our great party has demonstrated to Nigerians that it is the party with the broadest appeal. We're the strongest and the biggest. We've engaged the people of Nigeria positively with people-friendly policies, which have moved Nigeria forward. We've sustained the democratic tradition. We've strengthened democratic institutions.  We inherited a rather complex security challenge but we're waging a determined war against it. We're succeeding in preventing terrorists and insurgents from turning more of our communities into enclaves for their dastardly activities. We remain fully committed to further empowering the security agencies to enable them win the war against terror", he said.

He urged all PDP members to stand "as one in the face of the assignment ahead of us. Losing a party primary should not result in a loss of faith in the party. No election should be a do or die contest.  Whatever grievances we have can be resolved within the family and will be resolved. There is a job to be done, and all loyal members of our great party must play their expected roles".

The president boasted of the achievements of the PDP-led government thus: "We've proven to the people that we're a party and a team that they can rely upon. In the last four years, despite the security challenges, we've had to contend with, Nigeria, under our watch, has made significant strides in every aspect. Our economy today is the largest and the strongest in the African continent, and a preferred destination for foreign direct investment. We've focused on job creation and the expansion of opportunities for our teeming youth as well as interventions to promote Micro, Small and Medium Scale Enterprises.

"Through an internationally acclaimed transformational agricultural programme, we've re-established agriculture as a business, and a major driver of economic growth. Today, not only is the agricultural sector thriving, the value chains in the sector have been activated and have become productive. The country’s food import bill has been reduced, and the non-oil sector has witnessed significant growth. We've expanded access to education by providing schools and facilities at the primary, secondary and tertiary levels. Today, there is a Federal University in every state of the Federation and every Nigerian child has been given the opportunity to go to school.

"We have successfully privatised the power sector: a process that was adjudged by the international community of investors as transparent and credible. Our trains are moving again, from Lagos to Kano, from Lagos to Ibadan, from Port Harcourt to Enugu. I'm not campaigning to you who are already convinced. I've no doubts that you're all familiar with the achievements of this administration. But I've outlined a few of them to show that we're in a solid position to run a campaign based on our commendable record".

The president ended his address with a prayer: "May God Almighty grant us a successful campaign and victory in the elections".

Source: http://dailytrust.com.ng/daily/top-stories/43676-presidential-election-my-hope-lies-in-god-nigerians-jonathan

3 Likes

Re: Presidential election: My hope lies in God, Nigerians--Jonathan by watered(m): 6:10pm On Jan 06, 2015
Probably there's another country called Nigeria where his hopes lies. But if its this Nigeria (Whose president is GEJ PEJ) forget it cos they've all lost hope in you because so many of them are living in despair, apathy and abject poverty because of your kind of government.

Also the time to favour Zion (Nigeria) is here and the set time is now. The man we (Nigerians) know for the job is #GMB.

Sai Buhari
Sai APC
Sai Change

And Nigeria will be a better place where all of us will be proud to identify with. Until February 15th 2015.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential election: My hope lies in God, Nigerians--Jonathan by clevvermind(m): 6:15pm On Jan 06, 2015
and God will never fail you.

6 Likes

Re: Presidential election: My hope lies in God, Nigerians--Jonathan by makzeze: 6:15pm On Jan 06, 2015
watered:
Source pls?
source included.
Re: Presidential election: My hope lies in God, Nigerians--Jonathan by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jan 06, 2015
You are already a God-forsaken president! Nigeria must be changed.

Sai Buhari!

4 Likes

Re: Presidential election: My hope lies in God, Nigerians--Jonathan by Macelliot(m): 6:24pm On Jan 06, 2015
Hmm
Re: Presidential election: My hope lies in God, Nigerians--Jonathan by LRNZH(m): 6:24pm On Jan 06, 2015
This man reminds me of the story of King Saul.

Sacrifices. Too late.

God dey but
Tompolo is stealing 400,000 barrels per day equivalent to $10Billion per annum with FG support.
Boko Haram has kidnapped from young girls to old women to female soldiers and he has never visited the troubled areas
His people are in perpetual darkness and he has been President since 2010.
$20Billion missing but he is raising taxes and paying subsidy to the cabal.

Abeg. God has appointed GMB.

GMB 2015 on Course

3 Likes

Re: Presidential election: My hope lies in God, Nigerians--Jonathan by siraj1402(m): 6:25pm On Jan 06, 2015
God is not like human,He doesn't support eveils and He will never support you this time around.

1 Like

Re: Presidential election: My hope lies in God, Nigerians--Jonathan by oziegbe2015: 6:32pm On Jan 06, 2015
God is not a God of the corrupt and clueless, where gej orisaJETfor keeps bringing God's name to abuse. Its obvious the goodwill as left him, his old and new father obj, ibb are killing him. The majority wants his exit. He shouldnt rig any election because of his saTANic desperation. God has weighed ur reign and found it wanting in corruption. Gmb2015 change has come

3 Likes

Re: Presidential election: My hope lies in God, Nigerians--Jonathan by Vicotex(m): 6:32pm On Jan 06, 2015
Their father lap.
Change?
certificate before change
Re: Presidential election: My hope lies in God, Nigerians--Jonathan by lacasa: 6:35pm On Jan 06, 2015
as far as I know, heaven helps those who help themselves

Gej, u betrayed the trust bestowed on ya

Andd so, GMB for Change

Repent and reminisce inn otuoke

2 Likes

Re: Presidential election: My hope lies in God, Nigerians--Jonathan by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jan 06, 2015
Everybody hope "lies in GOD"

We can't vote for a man who don't have empathy for people only for him to pretend and lie to people he doesn't have shoes. Guy u don buy shoe now so go back to otuoke.

1 Like

Re: Presidential election: My hope lies in God, Nigerians--Jonathan by makzeze: 7:04pm On Jan 06, 2015
watered:
Probably there's another country called Nigeria where his hopes lies. But if its this Nigeria (Whose president is GEJ PEJ) forget it cos they've all lost hope in you because so many of them are living in despair, apathy and abject poverty because of your kind of government.

Also the time to favour Zion (Nigeria) is here and the set time is now. The man we (Nigerians) know for the job is #GMB.

Sai Buhari
Sai APC
Sai Change

And Nigeria will be a better place where all of us will be proud to identify with. Until February 15th 2015.
grin
Re: Presidential election: My hope lies in God, Nigerians--Jonathan by SweetJoystick(m): 7:05pm On Jan 06, 2015
President GEJ wake up from your dreams, victory is for the people, the people want change, you misused a golden opportunity

1 Like

Re: Presidential election: My hope lies in God, Nigerians--Jonathan by oluvick(m): 7:25pm On Jan 06, 2015
[b][/b]GEJ [b][/b]GEJ [b][/b]GEJ TILL BUHARI FINISH SCHOOL AND PRODUCE HIS CREDENTIALS

Hit like if you have your original certificates!
Re: Presidential election: My hope lies in God, Nigerians--Jonathan by Sealeddeal(m): 7:52pm On Jan 06, 2015
Edo Nnewi is in support of you my able Presido
Ngene Ezumeri Oraifite is in support of your ambition.
Iyi-enu and Iyi ana are supporting you my presido
Ogwugwu akpu Okija has thrown his weight behind your aspiration.
The Gods in yoruba and hausa land and all over Nigeria will continue to support you till the end of your tenure in 2019.
The God of heaven will abide with you and Nigeria forever. You are surely a lucky man.

Sai Jonathan!
Re: Presidential election: My hope lies in God, Nigerians--Jonathan by tit(f): 8:02pm On Jan 06, 2015
On behalf of all women in Ojo market,
we pledge 2 million votes towards your re-election on Feb 14th.
And, Insha Allahu, we shall do better than our target.
Re: Presidential election: My hope lies in God, Nigerians--Jonathan by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 06, 2015
Which God is Jonathan talking about? Probably the god of witches and wizards...

Hear what the witches got to say on Jonathan and Buhari.

ON JONATHAN

"The election has been won and lost in the spirit realm. The candidate who by destiny has the overwhelming support of our society as well as other supernatural principalities in the high places is President Jonathan and he has won the election."- Witches and Wizard 2014

ON BUHARI
"If Buhari contests 100 times, he can’t rule this country again,”“because the “pillars of the north at night” have no likeness for him. They would not let him rule this country."
---- Witches and Wizards 2013.

While Jonathanians believed the report of the Witches, we the #TeamBuhari maintain that power belongs to God and it comes from God. We disregarded the report of the witches, we invested all our faith in the almighty God, because we know that "the just shall live by faith".

Sai Buhari 2015

1 Like

Re: Presidential election: My hope lies in God, Nigerians--Jonathan by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 06, 2015
GOODLUCK JONATHAN'S REPORT CARD

It is sad to note that there is an instinctive conclusion among the Nigerian public
that the Jonathan government is the most financially corrupt, fiscally irresponsible,
politically insensitive and socially disconnected in Nigerian history. It is all evident
that (President) Jonathan has failed badly to build a credible, honest and minimally
effective government for almost half a decade that he has been President.
This is regrettable indeed.

…….PUNCH Editorial

(December 23, 2014)

1 Like

Re: Presidential election: My hope lies in God, Nigerians--Jonathan by CyberWolf: 8:12pm On Jan 06, 2015
APC should start assembling their lawyers now because the election will end in court..

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Tasks Jonathan On Railway: Show Us The Proof / Unemployed Graduates Meeting With Osinbajo The APC Vice-presidential Candidate / RESIGN NOW For Dereliction Of Duties, Wamakko To Service Chiefs, IGP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.