Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,018 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Desperation In The Jonathan Camp In Anticipation Of Defeat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Desperation In The Jonathan Camp In Anticipation Of Defeat (1971 Views)

Jonathan’s Camp, Senators Kick As Sheriff Leads PDP / Jonathan’s Camp Kicks Over 2019 PDP Zoning / Jonathan's Camp Allegedly Splits Over Anti-Buhari Lawsuits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Desperation In The Jonathan Camp In Anticipation Of Defeat by makzeze: 7:16pm On Jan 06, 2015
The debate currently going on whether or not a 4 star General has requisite qualifications to be certified as a candidate in the next election is a development that would come back to haunt Jonathan long after he loses the election on February 14. It is a development that can open a can of worms on the first Prime minister and most of the past Presidents of Nigeria from the North who were flag bearers of the same PDP and its predecessors like the NPC, the NPN and NRC. What qualification did Tafawa Balewa have to qualify him as the first Prime Minister of Nigeria? The same people raising the question should tell me what qualifications did Ahmadu Bello have to emerge as the pre and post- Independence leader of the Northern Peoples’ Congress and de facto leader of the whole country?

What paper qualifications did Aguiyi Ironsi have to lead Nigeria after the January 15 coup of the Majors in Nigeria led by Chukwuma Nzeogwu and Emmanuel Ifeajuna?  What qualification did Yakubu Gowon, Murtala Mohammed, Olusegun Obasanjo, Ibrahim Babangida, Sani Abacha or Abdulsalam Abubakar to qualify them as Heads of State in Nigeria? Umaru Yar Adua who succeeded Obasanjo in 2007 had a Master’s degree and could be said to be the most educated by way of paper qualification among the rest of his predecessors.

Goodluck Jonathan who succeeded terminally ill Yar Adua as the first minority from the South/South zone had a Ph.D not in Education or Administration or Law or Literature or History or Mathematics or Bio Chemistry or Physics but in Zoology, (the care and management of animals) to put it bluntly.

Our President with his Ph.D. in Zoology wants Buhari disqualified from running so he can be returned unopposed. His justification for that is because Buhari cannot produce his School Certificate result because Jonathan and his Jega-led INEC do not recognize whatever training  and education the General  must have received from Sandhurst and Aldershot in Britain talk less of any training he had received at the Kaduna Defense Academy, The Man’Owar Bay in Lagos and the famous Institute of Strategic Studies at Kuru Jos talk less of any training he might have received anywhere around the world in his close to 24 years in the Military and regardless of any promotions he might have earned from Second Lieutenant to General in one of the best

That should tell you the kind of Commander-in-Chief Ebele Jonathan has become in his desperation to stop General Buhari from humiliating him on February 14. If he can pronounce as an illiterate one of the best 4 Star Generals Nigeria has produced when the Nigerian Military was still the pride of Africa and the most dependable peace keeper Military in Africa.

The statement says a lot more about Jonathan than it says about Buhari. That suggestion by the Commander-in-Chief himself or any of his It is true the man does not have a Ph.D like Jonathan. The man does not need a Ph.D before he can be a great President. Jerry Rawlings was only a flight Lieutenant in the Ghana Air Force when he led the Revolution that finally shook Ghana to her very foundation preparing the nation for the triumph of Democracy. The last time I checked a ruling party led by Jerry Rawlings was defeated by the opposition in Ghana.

Having failed in all their efforts to stigmatize Buhari, they are now embracing a new low in their depravity and desperation by insisting that Professor Jega’s INEC must disqualify Buhari from running if the General cannot produce his West African School Certificate. It is simply unbelievable that Professor Jega would be encouraging such garbage and innuendoes by keeping quiet.

Tafawa Balewa was a Grade II teacher with an Associate Diploma from the UK. That did not stop the NPC from sponsoring him to run against Ogbuefi, Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe with a Ph.D from Lincoln University or Obafemi Awolowo with a degree in Economic and another degree in Law before going into Politics. Balewa’s paper qualification was never a disqualifier at the time and he went on to beat the two intellectual giants of Nigeria. Balewa was not called the golden voice of Africa for nothing.

1 Like

Re: Desperation In The Jonathan Camp In Anticipation Of Defeat by makzeze: 7:17pm On Jan 06, 2015
They are now drawing attention to General Buhari’s qualifications to be President because they have figured out that Jonathan is a hard sell. Because he has a Ph.D that Buhari does not have they want Jega to disqualify him. They totally forget the history of Nigeria that Jonathan is about the first Nigerian Ph.D holder to be elected a president in Nigeria. Many of us supported him because we were putting too much emphasis on paper qualifications. We now know that  not all that glitters is gold. Father Ejike Mbaka has said it best. The Good luck we thought we knew has turned to bad luck. Obasanjo who gave us the bad luck is now begging Nigerians to forgive him because he made a horrendous mistake. That is why Jonathan is going to lose to Buhari.   

If Obasanjo who handpicked him to be President could be so much opposed to him today, what more justification do Nigerians have to vote for Jonathan on February 14? Obasanjo, the former Chairman of the PDP Board of Trustees and the most powerful PDP member in Nigeria is telling Nigerians that Jonathan is radio-active. What more evidence do Nigerians need to make up their minds on him? The guy has long lost my vote and those of people like me.

My point is that General Buhari did not have to produce any paper certificate to be qualified to run for President. As a General in the Nigerian Army, talk less of the other prestigious positions he has held in Government at a time Jonathan  was still a shoeless young  boy running around in the creeks of Otuoke in Bayelsa, the man has nothing more to prove he is the better candidate in this election

Buhari has the credentials and the name recognition to run for President. It is even as insult to him for anyone to be demanding his paper qualification from a man who has been President before. That is my point. The General does not have to show any certification to run for President. If Professor Jega does not believe him, the Professor is doing a disservice to Nigeria and insulting the intelligence of Nigerians. If Jonathan wants to prove he is intellectually superior to General Buhari, let him prove that to Nigerians at the Presidential Debates to be organized by the mainstream of the Nigerian News Media.

I cannot wait to see that happen.

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2015/01/05/desperation-jonathan-camp-anticipation-defeat-can-worms-nigerians-should-be-ashamed-dr

3 Likes

Re: Desperation In The Jonathan Camp In Anticipation Of Defeat by donphilopus: 7:19pm On Jan 06, 2015
This shall surely make alota sense.

3 Likes

Re: Desperation In The Jonathan Camp In Anticipation Of Defeat by waternogeteneny: 7:21pm On Jan 06, 2015
GEJ till 2019...

5 Likes

Re: Desperation In The Jonathan Camp In Anticipation Of Defeat by herald9: 7:28pm On Jan 06, 2015
Haba bros... Life is too short to finish all these now...

whatever you're saying... it's Gej till Buhari sees his certificates.

3 Likes

Re: Desperation In The Jonathan Camp In Anticipation Of Defeat by Beesluv: 7:32pm On Jan 06, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Desperation In The Jonathan Camp In Anticipation Of Defeat by tit(f): 7:34pm On Jan 06, 2015
whorrizdis?
Is Buhari's certificate inside?

In a multitude of words,
there is lies!
grin grin grin
angry

1 Like

Re: Desperation In The Jonathan Camp In Anticipation Of Defeat by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 06, 2015
OP this is an epistle! Honestly, it is called "information overload"if I am to borrow the words of a friend.
However, I have to pick this out...
If Jonathan wants to prove he is intellectually superior to General Buhari, let him prove that to Nigerians at the Presidential Debates to be organized by the mainstream of the Nigerian News Media.

5 Likes

Re: Desperation In The Jonathan Camp In Anticipation Of Defeat by lacasa: 7:53pm On Jan 06, 2015
Desperate indeed!

A new Nigeria is dawning on us

Sai general sai prof

1 Like

Re: Desperation In The Jonathan Camp In Anticipation Of Defeat by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jan 06, 2015
lacasa:
Desperate indeed!

A new Nigeria is dawning on us

Sai general sai prof
Talk true, shey you read the article finish?

3 Likes

Re: Desperation In The Jonathan Camp In Anticipation Of Defeat by lacasa: 8:04pm On Jan 06, 2015
barcanista:

grin

I plead the 5th on d@ question
Re: Desperation In The Jonathan Camp In Anticipation Of Defeat by smada13(m): 8:08pm On Jan 06, 2015
make I go read first

modified: after reading all those, I'll sum it up by saying GEJ TO OTUOKE STRAIGHT

1 Like

Re: Desperation In The Jonathan Camp In Anticipation Of Defeat by MalcoImX: 8:09pm On Jan 06, 2015
waternogeteneny:
GEJ till 2019...
Are you for real! So all these don't make sense to you.

1 Like

Re: Desperation In The Jonathan Camp In Anticipation Of Defeat by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jan 06, 2015
lacasa:

grin

I plead the 5th on d@ question
Same same
Re: Desperation In The Jonathan Camp In Anticipation Of Defeat by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 06, 2015
barcanista:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desperation In The Jonathan Camp In Anticipation Of Defeat by HzRF(m): 10:15pm On Jan 06, 2015
makzeze:
They are now drawing attention to General Buhari’s qualifications to be President because they have figured out that Jonathan is a hard sell. Because he has a Ph.D that Buhari does not have they want Jega to disqualify him. They totally forget the history of Nigeria that Jonathan is about the first Nigerian Ph.D holder to be elected a president in Nigeria. Many of us supported him because we were putting too much emphasis on paper qualifications. We now know that  not all that glitters is gold. Father Ejike Mbaka has said it best. The Good luck we thought we knew has turned to bad luck. Obasanjo who gave us the bad luck is now begging Nigerians to forgive him because he made a horrendous mistake. That is why Jonathan is going to lose to Buhari.   

If Obasanjo who handpicked him to be President could be so much opposed to him today, what more justification do Nigerians have to vote for Jonathan on February 14? Obasanjo, the former Chairman of the PDP Board of Trustees and the most powerful PDP member in Nigeria is telling Nigerians that Jonathan is radio-active. What more evidence do Nigerians need to make up their minds on him? The guy has long lost my vote and those of people like me.

My point is that General Buhari did not have to produce any paper certificate to be qualified to run for President. As a General in the Nigerian Army, talk less of the other prestigious positions he has held in Government at a time Jonathan  was still a shoeless young  boy running around in the creeks of Otuoke in Bayelsa, the man has nothing more to prove he is the better candidate in this election

Buhari has the credentials and the name recognition to run for President. It is even as insult to him for anyone to be demanding his paper qualification from a man who has been President before. That is my point. The General does not have to show any certification to run for President. If Professor Jega does not believe him, the Professor is doing a disservice to Nigeria and insulting the intelligence of Nigerians. If Jonathan wants to prove he is intellectually superior to General Buhari, let him prove that to Nigerians at the Presidential Debates to be organized by the mainstream of the Nigerian News Media.

I cannot wait to see that happen.

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2015/01/05/desperation-jonathan-camp-anticipation-defeat-can-worms-nigerians-should-be-ashamed-dr

In ur quest to sound sensible.. U further emphasize how daft you are.... He doesn't need to tender his certi-fail-thke... Just because he was once the head of state...are you saying every undergraduate deserve to be in school and those denied admission didn't deserve to be admitted base on qualifications ? Is just a shame the called "Progressive" want to jump protocol in the name of change
http://www.waado.org/nigerian_scholars/archive/debates/election/guidelines.html

GEJ is now the pushing for the disqualification of GMB!..... I laugh at ur mediocrity

By the time foi bill is fully invoke by those that know d essence of law.. Will we know the camp in disarray tho ur likes will say itz pdp sponsoring them

Where is ur certificate... Is with military.... Military we have photocopies of our fellow men credentials
What's stopping Mr integrity from going for photocopy

Imagine ppl in diaspora saying "NIGERIA PRESIDENT IS ILLITERATE"..

Instead of advising ur" Messiah " to get his certi-fail-thke u are here writing essay on why buahri should jump protocol

" change indeed "

1 Like

Re: Desperation In The Jonathan Camp In Anticipation Of Defeat by jamace(m): 4:50am On Jan 07, 2015
Another beautiful nonsense written by Saharareporters.

Saharareporters is daft not to appreciate the effect of change of time on life activities, no wonder it is supporting somebody who will use koboko and frog jump the hell out of them before they do the right thing. No wonder, Buhari sees some of them like his cows to be controlled by a rod.

It beats my imagination that Saharareporters can not distinguish events of 1960s and that of 2000s. Educated illiterates, I will sadly say. shocked

1 Like

Re: Desperation In The Jonathan Camp In Anticipation Of Defeat by sojjy: 5:29am On Jan 07, 2015
GEJ and his cronies are too desperate.
Let their campaign of deceit continues. Nigerians can not be deceived again with a certificate that add no value to the poor masses. The sychophants should start preparing to return their loots to the treasury for all corrupts will be made to account for their ill-gotten wealth. February 2015 is near the corner.
GMB will bring the desired change.

BUHARI 2015 NO SHAKING.

1 Like

Re: Desperation In The Jonathan Camp In Anticipation Of Defeat by Nobody: 5:39am On Jan 07, 2015
MalcoImX:
Are you for real! So all these don't make sense to you.

What sort of sense is there in the fact that a presidential candidate does not have the minimum educational requirements to run for office?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desperation In The Jonathan Camp In Anticipation Of Defeat by Sloan: 6:13am On Jan 07, 2015
PDP lapdogs trying to earn his pittance using the usual lies and personality attack on the messenger, not the message!

Yaradua - badluck
Naira - badluck
Economy - badluck
Refinery - badluck
Price of petrol - badluck
Subsidy - very bad luck from 300 B to over 2 Tr
ECA - badluck
Corruption - very very badluck
More than 20,000 killed in NE alone under retardafteen - badluck
300 girls kidnapped - bad luck
More churches bombed than ever - badluck
Pension Scam, billions stolen - badluck
$20 B missing and stolen - badluck
PWC Audit report not released - badluck
From $3.5 B debt to > $60 B debt under 6 years - badluck
Privatization of power with billions - still not light - badluck
Refinery not working - badluck
Palliatives - badluck
21 dead in Immigration exercise - badluck
Religious and tribalistic division of Nigerians - badluck
From surplus to deficit - badluck
Capital expenditure - badluck
Okonjo Iweala - badluck to Nigeria's economy

Now show me how this facts are not true rather than attacking the messenger.

2 Likes

Re: Desperation In The Jonathan Camp In Anticipation Of Defeat by Flye: 6:20am On Jan 07, 2015
PDP always try to deceive people but we will allow them to do that.
Re: Desperation In The Jonathan Camp In Anticipation Of Defeat by Nobody: 6:23am On Jan 07, 2015
Flye:
PDP always try to deceive people but we will allow them to do that.
So it is now PDP that asked Buhari not to have the requisite qualifications abi?

How on earth did he enlist into the army in the first place. Chai corruption in the army recruitment of the 1960s
Re: Desperation In The Jonathan Camp In Anticipation Of Defeat by otil1: 6:24am On Jan 07, 2015
The law is the law and the law is clear. Sentiments should be shelved.

It is WAEC and a candidate can either have it or not. If he has it, an affidavit that it is in the box is not what the law demands.

I know there is something called waec equivalent. Let's hope the law recognises that else... a strong litigation is all that is needed
Re: Desperation In The Jonathan Camp In Anticipation Of Defeat by LRNZH(m): 6:29am On Jan 07, 2015
My job is finished.

GMB 2015 on Course

2 Likes

Re: Desperation In The Jonathan Camp In Anticipation Of Defeat by Nobody: 6:59am On Jan 07, 2015
otil1:
The law is the law and the law is clear. Sentiments should be shelved.

It is WAEC and a candidate can either have it or not. If he has it, an affidavit that it is in the box is not what the law demands.

I know there is something called waec equivalent. Let's hope the law recognises that else... a strong litigation is all that is needed

Seriously I wonder how these fools reason

1 Like

Re: Desperation In The Jonathan Camp In Anticipation Of Defeat by Firstinline(m): 12:26pm On Jan 07, 2015
Gen. Mohammed Buhari, you too just show your certificate if you have one to douse unnecessary tension, even if it not all As.
Don't you have up to five O'level or A'level credit.

Does the presidency position require a minimum of five O'level credit or is it just a certificate whether fail or pass?

(1) (Reply)

Biography Of Prof. Attairu Jega Inec Chairman / BREAKING News: Gov. Wike Dissolves More Boards In Rivers State. / Guys Fight Over A Girl And Unclad Themselves. (+18) Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.