Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,618 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

What Is The Change In APC? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Change In APC? (876 Views)

State Of The Parties: Graveyard Peace In Apc / GEJ's Speeches Used Against Him In APC Sponsored Newspaper Adverts / Picture Of A Woman Clad In APC'S T-SHIRT And PDP'S Wrapper! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Change In APC? by CuteEmma(f): 7:53pm On Jan 06, 2015
Some weeks back, the People's Democratic Party (PDP) accused the opposition All Progressive Congress (APC) of being PDP's "Waste Basket".

When I saw the statement on its official Facebook Page, I laughed and thought PDP was just being humorous, but then, I sat down and researched. I found out that PDP definitely had a point.

Let me prove it. Almost all of the opposition Governorship candidates are from the PDP. They left and swapped party when things weren't favouring them anymore or when they wanted to satisfy their political selfishness.

Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, the current Speaker, Federal House of Representatives, was formerly of the PDP before he "betrayed" them and cross carpeted to the APC.

Suddenly, he became a "progressive". Abubakar Atiku Bagudu, Aminu Bello Masari and Umar Abdullahi Ganduje, APC Governorship candidants of Kebbi, Kastina and Kano respectively, were all formerly of the PDP.

Even in the South. Okey Ezea, its candidate for the Government House, Enugu, was a PDP "dump".

My question remains, what change does these men have to offer?
Please, someone shouldn't say anything about "repentance" here!
APC formula remains, "Everyone in PDP is a devil. We are angels".
Our politicians should stop this politics of acrimony and focus on democracy dividends.
Nigerians are still waiting to see "how" and not "what" they would do, if elected.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Change In APC? by Talk2david1(m): 8:04pm On Jan 06, 2015
It's time like this I start singing Akon's No Label cause weda PDP or APC, no difference, same old story always. Same people that looted our money b4 r still n will still b in power weda It's apc or pdp dt wins.
Re: What Is The Change In APC? by blemon44(m): 8:05pm On Jan 06, 2015
they are indeed a Waste Basket

there is nothing like change in them

1 Like

Re: What Is The Change In APC? by blemon44(m): 8:06pm On Jan 06, 2015
hypocrites
Re: What Is The Change In APC? by raumdeuter: 8:06pm On Jan 06, 2015
When they get under the APC they would have to follow the discipline and zero tolerance for corruption which Buhari exemplifies
Re: What Is The Change In APC? by SeverusSnape(m): 8:09pm On Jan 06, 2015
Change my foot!!!...PDP =APC, Birds of the same feathers; Old wine in new bottle.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Change In APC? by Truth24(m): 8:13pm On Jan 06, 2015
#Gej

1 Like

Re: What Is The Change In APC? by londoner: 8:15pm On Jan 06, 2015
raumdeuter:
When they get under the APC they would have to follow the discipline and zero tolerance for corruption which Buhari exemplifies

They are already under APC, I don't see any change yet. They are the same and people are burying their heads in the sand. They will be the same under APC, and Nigerians will be able to do nothing about it.

What a short memory Nigerians have. Think about it, If it was still 'business as usual' under Jonathan for them, do you honestly think they would have left PDP?

Even if APC would have delivered change, these people have hijacked it and will make sure it is no real change for Nigerians. Buhari will be outnumbered and outwitted by these people.

People should not cry to anyone if you don't see any real change.

In fact, you should be prepared to make demands on APC as you have with GEJ and you should be prepared to tell them when they are not performing too.

Nigerians will have to force APC to deliver and not give Nigeria "business as usual". Are APC supporters up for the challenge, or will they simply bury their heads in the sand?

I know someone will reply with "Buhari is incorruptible, that won't happen" , "We need change".

It is people that force governments perform, from local to state to federal level.

In fact GEJ winning has more of a chance of bringing change because of the recent backlash against him. He has no choice but to perform and fast if he is re-elected.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Change In APC? by Safari29: 8:43pm On Jan 06, 2015
OP you forgot to realise that APC was formed in 2013. as a new party you need people who have had political influence or else they ll end up like other smaller political party like sdp
Re: What Is The Change In APC? by CuteEmma(f): 8:56pm On Jan 06, 2015
Safari29:
OP you forgot to realise that APC was formed in 2013. as a new party you need people who have had political influence or else they ll end up like other smaller political party like sdp
so what is that change they all talk about?

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Change In APC? by raumdeuter: 8:57pm On Jan 06, 2015
Change to Buhari from the clueless Jonathan
Re: What Is The Change In APC? by Safari29: 9:04pm On Jan 06, 2015
CuteEmma:
so what is that change they all talk about?

well u can't tell me u are blind or deaf to notice that APC as a party is better than PDP in terms of competency and performance. check all APC state governors wonders. Imagine if they are in control of Fed government.
Re: What Is The Change In APC? by lyntiffany(f): 9:54pm On Jan 06, 2015
Safari29:

well u can't tell me u are blind or deaf to notice that APC as a party is better than PDP in terms of competency and performance. check all APC state governors wonders. Imagine if they are in control of Fed government.
Now this is Lie from the pit of HELL.
Re: What Is The Change In APC? by Safari29: 10:27pm On Jan 06, 2015
lyntiffany:
Now this is Lie from the pit of HELL.

can u tell me the lies. from Fashola to Amosun to Ajimobi to aregbesola to oshiomole to amechi to okorocha etc
Re: What Is The Change In APC? by lyntiffany(f): 10:29pm On Jan 06, 2015
Safari29:

can u tell me the lies. from Fashola to Amosun to Ajimobi to aregbesola to oshiomole to amechi to okorocha etc
Safari29 you dey dream land keep on dreaming.
Re: What Is The Change In APC? by jamace(m): 4:37am On Jan 07, 2015
The only change here is that they want power badly. grin grin
Re: What Is The Change In APC? by ausdy(m): 5:04am On Jan 07, 2015
Safari29:

Shetima? The kwara state gov? The guy from yobe? Ex ekiti gov? (Fayemi)?? sad angry where is the damn change?
Anyway your leaders knows there's no space in asorock for them till 2060 tongue kiss cool
Re: What Is The Change In APC? by Eden007(m): 7:47am On Jan 07, 2015
Safari29:

Have you visited Akwa ibom recently? That's a PDP governor at work. I was one of his greatest critique until I travelled by road to Lagos once. I had the opportunity to compare many cities to Uyo. Listen my dear, APC=PDP(waste).
Re: What Is The Change In APC? by Adminisher: 7:55am On Jan 07, 2015
The CHANGE is in Buhari. That is why it is a little mysterious to run of the mill people who can only understand the visible. The guy was completely revived politically to take qpart something. The PDP is destroyed completely and even major parts of the APC wont be the same. The change is comprehehsive. It is going to be painful for the PDP and major actors in APC but it is what Nigeria wants.

(1) (Reply)

VP Sambo Avoids Channels TV Invitation / Buhari Has Lied To Nigerians Under Oath / Breaking News: Obasanjo Defects To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.