Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,150 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

Criticism Is Allowed - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Criticism Is Allowed (787 Views)

Constructive Criticism Needed For This Poem / Poem ;comment And Criticism Is Allow / Poem ;comment And Criticism Is Allow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Criticism Is Allowed by g4grace(f): 9:00pm On Dec 15, 2008
'How would you explain this? i leave you for just two months and now this'

'But papa, it isnt my fault, things got out, '

'Your mother would be so disappointed if she was here'

'Papa, you have to believe me' she had waited all evening to discuss this over her father and make him to see her own side of the story 'i know i shouldnt have attended the, '

'You are so irresponsible'

She had had enough

'Come back here Sonia'

Her footsteps could be heard down the hallway as she ran away from the presence of her father. Her eyes were filled with tears she knew she couldnt shed. All she wanted was for him to listen to her and assure her that everything was going to be alright like the way her Ma always does.

All this was as a result of one dark and terrible night. She wished Jenny, her younger sister hadnt travelled with her dad. She shouldnt have gone for the party. Lizzie had convinced her to go. She had gone alrite but had come back just in time.

Recalling that fateful day as she entered her bedroom, she saw him. He must have followed her home. She remembered seeing his face throughout the party, and here he was in her bedroom. she had dashed fast for the door but he was faster than her. her screams were loud enough to turn every living soul deaf but no one came to her aid. Luckily for her the the HIV test she carried was negative but the pregnancy test was positive.

She had never dreamed of doing an abortion in her entire life and she wasnt ready to do any yet. she just has to keep the baby despite the odd circumstances surrounding it. she badly needed someone right now, someone to advice her and tell her the steps to take.

She cried herself to sleep that night.
Re: Criticism Is Allowed by Cayon(f): 4:28am On Dec 18, 2008
Sad but this sentence caught my eyes

"she just has to keep the baby despite the odd circumstances surrounding it"

With a choice like that - she is going to be blessed.  Tell her put God first in her life everything else will fall into place
kiss
Peace

g4grace:

'How would you explain this? i leave you for just two months and now this'

'But papa, it isnt my fault, things got out, '

'Your mother would be so disappointed if she was here'

'Papa, you have to believe me' she had waited all evening to discuss this over her father and make him to see her own side of the story 'i know i shouldnt have attended the, '

'You are so irresponsible'

She had had enough

'Come back here Sonia'

Her footsteps could be heard down the hallway as she ran away from the presence of her father. Her eyes were filled with tears she knew she couldnt shed. All she wanted was for him to listen to her and assure her that everything was going to be alright like the way her Ma always does.

All this was as a result of one dark and terrible night. She wished Jenny, her younger sister hadnt travelled with her dad. She shouldnt have gone for the party. Lizzie had convinced her to go. She had gone alrite but had come back just in time.

Recalling that fateful day as she entered her bedroom, she saw him. He must have followed her home. She remembered seeing his face throughout the party, and here he was in her bedroom. she had dashed fast for the door but he was faster than her. her screams were loud enough to turn every living soul deaf but no one came to her aid. Luckily for her the the HIV test she carried was negative but the pregnancy test was positive.

She had never dreamed of doing an abortion in her entire life and she wasnt ready to do any yet. she just has to keep the baby despite the odd circumstances surrounding it. she badly needed someone right now, someone to advice her and tell her the steps to take.

She cried herself to sleep that night.

(1) (Reply)

Some Learn To Let Go / Africa Market Place By Hamzat S.O / Ican

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.