Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,336 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW - Webmasters (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW (74071 Views)

Drop Your Website Or Blog Url For Review, And Get Good Backlinks And Traffic / Submit Your Website Url For Review, And Get Good Backlinks And Traffic / Post Your .com Website Here For Review, Traffic And Follow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by tempem: 6:20pm On Feb 17, 2015
I'd love to have a nice review about my blog...
Www.techpays..com
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by DoroDiva22(f): 6:59pm On Feb 17, 2015
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by nbolaji(m): 8:11pm On Feb 17, 2015
tonyayo1:

Abro i salute, your blog is something else, i know your template isn't blogger's.
yea bro...is not
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by kindas: 8:12pm On Feb 17, 2015
Pls i want u to review pelwal33..com i applied for adsense but they complained about my content i dont understand that well
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by pxjosh(m): 8:17pm On Feb 17, 2015
whisp3r:

As a newbie blogger, the most confusing state is to decide which Blogging platform to choose. Though, most suggested platforms are , WordPress, Tumblr. Now, when we talk about creating a blog from professional front, WordPress is a rock-solid choice. There are many things which you can do with a Self hosted WordPress blog, which you can’t do on a blog.

and WordPress both offers free blogging platform which is a good way to start your blogging career, though certainly not the best. If you have been blogging on any of these free blogging platform, read this article to know what are the limitations of using free blogging platform over self hosted WordPress blog.

To make it clear I started my blogging career from and then I moved to Self hosted WordPress blog. As I mentioned above is a good blogging platform to start your blogging career, but for long run self hosted blog is what you should select. Though in this post I will highlight why self hosted WordPress blog is better than free blog and also from free blogs.

If you are familiar with wordpress dashboard and looking forward to move to wordpress, you should have a look at my previous post on Step by step guide to install self hosted wordpress blog.

WordPress vs. : Why to select WordPress

As I mentioned above, I started my journey to Blogging with and later I moved to WordPress. So, I’m aware of benefits of downside of and here I’m not going to talk any benefits, as WordPress offer all those feature which offers.

Control over your blog :

This is one of the major reason why I support self hosted blog. is owned by Google and there are chances that they can delete your account without giving you any warning. Even if you use custom domain feature (Using your own domain name ), chances are high that if spammers use feature Flag as spam and report your blog as spam. Google might remove your blog. This is something very common and by doing a quick search on Google, you will realize many bloggers faced this problem while using .

Winner : Self hosted blog

Search engine optimization :

Doesn’t matter where your blog is hosted , traffic is the first and last thing any blogger will look for. Search engine optimization in simple words means Optimizing your blog for search engines and getting traffic from search engine”. Comparing WordPress and , WordPress offers more options to optimize your blog for search engine where as in you are limited to certain settings.

Here are few posts which will help you to optimize your wordpress blog for search engine optimization

Recommended WordPress SEO Plugins
Plugins and support :

WordPress is blessed with features like plugin and a strong community to get support. When I was on I spent lots of time editing my theme to show related posts and adding such features. WordPress makes your life easy using simple plugins for everything you need. By using plugins, you can achieve anything and if not, you can take help of WordPress support forum to get custom code and extend the capabilities of your blog.

Here is a list of 30 recommended WordPress plugins.

This can be consider as human tendency or perception, that most of the people doesn’t see with great eye. One of the simple reason is it’s free and mass number of people are using it for Black hat SEO, spamming and for affiliate landing pages. When talking about self hosted blog, people thing that the person has paid for the service and he is serious about his blog.

Theme and templates :

offers many templates but due to commercial nature of WordPress, you will find unlimited free and Premium WordPress themes. More over since you have FTP access, you can alter the complete look and feel of your WordPress theme.
you've done a good job. don't you think you should give credit to harsh, the author of this article?

1 Like

Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by Warlord3000(m): 8:21pm On Feb 17, 2015
kotias003:
Please I'd really appreciate a review on my new website. Posted the link since yesterday. Anyone please? Thank you. www.lauthorityideas.com

Nice simple Template...

Fashion blog....

Few content post.
Apart from the pics of stock and prices..

And is it a compulsion to join or sign up before one gets a full content of the site?

All. In all... Good for fashionistas wink

1 Like

Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by Warlord3000(m): 8:26pm On Feb 17, 2015
DoroDiva22:
Here is mine
www.iamdorodiva..com

Looks okay on mobile view...

But a no no to me on the desktop..

Apart from the background being white and almost bland {simple}..

You kinda messed it up with your blog archive cos it took up the space on the right side... {especially feb post}...

And the loading time was too much on desktop

Change the blog archive layout.. to drop flat

Put a gadget of popular post instead and not more than 5...

love-vendor the settings more...

U can make. It more personal and your own cos everything looks like it's default blogger settings especially on desktop mode...

All. In all

Not a bad start... But more work to. Be done wink
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by Warlord3000(m): 8:35pm On Feb 17, 2015
scientistbf:
www.onlinemedicalgists..com

Nice medical journal....

Looks good on mobile...

But the desktop takes too much time in loading...

Couldn't find the blog archive list in an easy accessible place..

Though I love the fact that the popular post are minimal. And not too much...

Using "Related post or linkwithin" could have helped to join the blog together more...

All in all... Not bad
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by nbolaji(m): 9:47pm On Feb 17, 2015
can you help review www.brainytech360..com
Thanks in advance
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by lordtq(m): 10:30pm On Feb 17, 2015
mine ...
1. www.trabajiilosng.com
2.www.brandandearn.com

awaiting your honest review
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by Googleus(m): 10:35pm On Feb 17, 2015
www.constructionindustrysecrets..com

am waiting for every one's review pls
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by kotias003: 10:37pm On Feb 17, 2015
Warlord3000:

Nice simple Template...

Fashion blog....

Few content post.
Apart from the pics of stock and prices..

And is it a compulsion to join or sign up before one gets a full content of the site?

All. In all... Good for fashionistas wink

Finally, a review! Thank you! "Compulsion to join....?". No there's the "shop" and the "lookbook" pages. All work in progress.
Thank you!
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by kindas: 11:13pm On Feb 17, 2015
Please Help me to take a review on pelwal33..com
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by whisp3r(m): 2:05am On Feb 18, 2015
pxjosh:
you've done a good job. don't you think you should give credit to harsh, the author of this article?

Yeah I meant to so sorry wink
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by osile2012: 2:46am On Feb 18, 2015
tempem:
I'd love to have a nice review about my blog...
Www.techpays..com

[size=15pt]Nice[/size]
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by osile2012: 2:47am On Feb 18, 2015
Googleus:

am waiting for every one's review pls

[size=15pt]Nice , but the banner or logo at the top does not look too good.[/size]
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by osile2012: 2:50am On Feb 18, 2015
lordtq:
mine ...
1. www.trabajiilosng.com
2.www.brandandearn.com

awaiting your honest review

[size=15pt]Drive and earn nice concept. The other one wont open.[/size]
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by osile2012: 2:55am On Feb 18, 2015
Iyandasdiary:
Mine is

www.iyandasdiary.com

[size=15pt]NiceD grin grin[/size]
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by MaziOmenuko: 6:03am On Feb 18, 2015
UjSizzle:

Oga Mazi cheesy Was wondering what happened to you few days ago. Glad to know you're still around.

Still very much around, thanks for looking out for me.
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by rolletj(m): 6:34am On Feb 18, 2015
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by tempem: 7:04am On Feb 18, 2015
osile2012:

[size=15pt]Nice[/size]
Lol, you are funny, because I said nice, then you decided saying nice............ Abeg tell me something good bro.
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by Googleus(m): 8:26am On Feb 18, 2015
osile2012:

[size=15pt]Nice , but the banner or logo at the top does not look too good.[/size]

ok thanks...i ll do justice to it
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by allgoodlight(m): 9:34am On Feb 18, 2015
tonyayo1:

Are u kidding me, i love yours o, your design is great and which kind of blogger's template are u using. To design your page title text, just visit this link to create the text that u like, then save it on your computer. Go to your blog's draft page>>template, then click edit blog description. Upload the text into your blog and save.
Wao! Thanks so much. May prosperity know your name cheers
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by pelwal: 6:42pm On Feb 18, 2015
hi, i want a review on www.pelwal33..com
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by Googleus(m): 8:50pm On Feb 18, 2015

building,architectural,civil engineering,surveyors construction practice info
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by Misterlaby: 6:37am On Feb 19, 2015
pelwal:
hi, i want a review on www.pelwal33..com

One of the most beautiful blog have seen so far on this thread....

Desktop view looks amazing while the mobile view is just okay...

I have my reservation on the Layout Gadget though..

Cos your trending post took up almost an entire part of the left screen and even the right side has something similar..

It would have been better if you have a BLOG ARCHIVE for your post instead.. And the post in the archive being on drop flat...

It's a news blog with lots of post BUT..

Little to no original material from you cos all other blogs carry same news at the same time..

Whatever the case.... It's a fine site..

Unfortunately ain't different or standout from punchng or other news blog to me..

Personal opinion wink

But looks great
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by KidProgrammer(m): 11:10am On Feb 19, 2015
Akell:

Can you please elaborate? And why do most people use even when WordPress is better?

Thanks!!!

Cc:
Osile2012
mizmycoli
bedfordng
Matthewbrigs
pickabeau1
kidprogrammer
Misterlaby
Pxjosh
all4naija
based on my own experience i would say that

Google Blogger is m0re easy to understand and play with,and also as a newbie on the blogging platform you should try and start with Google Blogger,make Google Your padi.seo,traffic,analytics,e.tc are partially d0ne 4 u,if you blog with Google blogger
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by KidProgrammer(m): 11:18am On Feb 19, 2015
Viktor1983:

Still waiting for review oo..Osile2012 mizmycoli bedfordng Matthewbrigs pickabeau1 kidprogrammer Misterlaby Pxjosh all4naija
you try sha,buh try and get logo,banner,favicon for your site,they will make the site more attractive.and also since your site is all about sales try and create pages with Testimonials,Delivery Options,Wish List,Shopping Cart,etc,visit jumia and konga and see how they looks they are both sales portal,check for what you need to add or subtract,these features will make customers and visitors m0re confident abt your coy and you kn0w the next...m0re sales..my SAY
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by KidProgrammer(m): 11:26am On Feb 19, 2015
suretman:

please help me check www.pokoblog.com
your blog looks well and attractive,just that your blog is full of many images and this makes the blog to load slowly,try and minize the number of posts that shows on homepage and in the side bar...if your blog takes much time to load,it will scare visitors away..hope u gat it
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by KidProgrammer(m): 11:31am On Feb 19, 2015
Promking:
www.yarn me.com.ng
(kindly remove the space)

Its a site to fall in love with....trust me

cc osile2012 bedfordng crackhaus KidProgrammer pickabeau1
yes o,Nice blog..just that,cant you seperate one topic from another,even if nah small spacing
Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by KidProgrammer(m): 11:40am On Feb 19, 2015
cedaraustine:

austinereviews.com please.
your blog is okay,a Good design,bt the way u write is n0t okay at all,here is how you write:austine articles and old stories instead of Articles and Stories,an0ther example in one of your blog posts whose title is :in a deep mess instead of In a Deep Mess...which1 looks better,sowi o am n0t your Eng Teacher,just trying 2 help

1 Like

Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by ShehuAba(m): 11:59am On Feb 19, 2015
I need a review for my blog:

http://naijainspirationalhub.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (42) (Reply)

Mark Zuckerberg: Startup Ecosystem In Nigeria Is What I Came To Learn / Mark Zuckerberg Trekking On The Streets Of Yaba + Hilarious Comment / 2019 Latest Free Browsing Cheat For MTN, AIRTEL, GLO And Etisalat.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.