Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,216 members, 7,842,569 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

Power Supply Drops To 2,880MW - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Supply Drops To 2,880MW (656 Views)

Nationwide Darkness Looms As Electricity Supply Drops To 1,400MW / Agony, Hardship As Power Supply Drops To Six Hours Daily - Vanguard / Power Supply Drops From 4517MW To 2,880MW Due To Gas Pipe Vandalism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power Supply Drops To 2,880MW by MisterLongman(m): 6:56am On Jan 08, 2015
Punchng:

Power supply drops to 2,880MW

Power supply from the national grid to households and
businesses in the country tumbled below 3,000 megawatts
on Tuesday, almost a month after it dropped to 2,954.52MW
before rebounding.
Power generation fell to 2,948.45MW on Tuesday, while
2,880.31MW was sent out, according to data obtained from
the Presidential Task Force on Power on Wednesday.
The downturn in power generation was attributed to the
sabotage of the Trans Forcados Pipeline on Sunday, January
4, 2015.
Power generation on the day fell to 3,415.21MW, while
3,314.99MW was sent out, according to the Federal Ministry
of Power.
The quantum of electricity available for distribution to
various classes of consumers as of December 29, 2014 was
4,112.29MW out of the 4,389.7MW generated, but this fell to
3,415.21MW on Sunday, according to the ministry.
The Special Adviser on Gas to the Minister of Power, Mr.
Frank Edozie, in a telephone interview with our
correspondent, said, “The reason power supply is down is
that there is not enough gas and the reason there is not
enough gas is because of sabotage of gas pipelines.
“The pipelines have been regularly vandalised in the last few
months. The Trans Forcados Pipeline has been down. The
last incident occurred on Sunday. The previous one was last
Wednesday. The pipeline was fixed and as it was about to be
commissioned, it was vandalised again at various points.”
The country achieved the highest peak generation of 4,517.6
MW of electricity on December 23, 2012.
Respondents in the latest governance poll conducted by
NOIPolls for the month of December 2014 rated President
Goodluck Jonathan poorly in terms of power supply.
www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/power-supply-drops-to-2880mw/
Re: Power Supply Drops To 2,880MW by arsetalks(m): 7:03am On Jan 08, 2015
It so much irritates me when I hear "there reason there is nno gas is because of sabotage". Is Government technically telling us they can safe guard our resources from saboteurs?

Same way they keep saying there is fuel subsidy scam and yet no one, not a single person has been jailed.

Further shows the insincerity and or outright cluelessness of the Gej administration.

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply Drops To 2,880MW by Brimmie(m): 7:05am On Jan 08, 2015
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2006381_RetardeenSamboribobo_jpgdb01f2057a8144575c025b43c4019022

Am yet to see rambunctious & GEJ Sycophantic SaTANs accuse Vice President Namadi Samboribobo of disrespecting Christianity by not removing his cap in a Christian worship in the pix below, yet they saw Buhari and questioning his ability to govern, but missed this? Like missing the speck in your own eyes, but seeing others...

Hypocrisy at work. One rule for GEJ, another for GMB.

It's inside the Church, unlike the Open Air Interdenominational and Inter-faith Service under reference during the Year 2015 Thanksgiving Service organised by the Lagos State Government.

King Nebu's Disciples, what ya say??

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Drops To 2,880MW by donmalcolm21(m): 7:16am On Jan 08, 2015
If It even drops to 5mw I ll vote GEJ

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Drops To 2,880MW by LouisVanGaal(m): 7:32am On Jan 08, 2015
donmalcolm21:
am not surprised u said it...'Suffering and smiling' has always bin som peepz attitude in naija...won't be surprised if u had been using candle lite to c @ night..
Re: Power Supply Drops To 2,880MW by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:46am On Jan 08, 2015
Nigerians should hold him by his own words

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Drops To 2,880MW by Nobody: 7:56am On Jan 08, 2015
Let's collectively vote this government riddled with incompetence grin angry grin

#GMB 2019
Re: Power Supply Drops To 2,880MW by dridowu: 8:05am On Jan 08, 2015
This is not a news jare, dropping in MW has being one of the constant thing in government. It is only during raining season we enjoy power supply in this con3, during dry season they shift their failure on pipeline vandalisation.
Re: Power Supply Drops To 2,880MW by ba7man(m): 8:16am On Jan 08, 2015
donmalcolm21:
^^^.......Natural born sufferheads be like.......

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Drops To 2,880MW by Nobody: 8:18am On Jan 08, 2015
It has not started

By February

Forget those power stations receiving gas.

Nigeria will be in darkness
Re: Power Supply Drops To 2,880MW by Alphaoscar: 8:24am On Jan 08, 2015
Jimi Agbaje Says Vote Jonathan or South South will make Nigeria Burn
Mr Agbaje said: "The Buhari of today is not the Buhari of 2007 or 2011 as he is operating on the steam of those who put him there for their own selfish purposes. We also have to appreciate the fact that the people in the south-south have the ability to shut the system down if their man is not elected.

"Remember that they have done it before. yes, it can happen in the north too but we have to ask ourselves which of the two scenarios we can survive best."
"Furthermore, Mr Agbaje warned that Niger Delta militants could shut the country's economy down if President Goodluck Jonathan was not returned to power next month. In February, Mr Agbaje will be running for Lagos State governor in the same elections during which President Jonathan will be up against General Muhammadu Buhari of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the governorship candidate warned of the consequences of not returning President Goodluck to office.
Re: Power Supply Drops To 2,880MW by Reptyle(m): 8:36am On Jan 08, 2015
The rains have stopped, the dams are dry and power supply naturally has dropped.

15 years of the PDP and billions of dollars after, Nigeria has still not been able to muster a constant 5000MW of power

How can I in good conscience vote such a party's representative back to power?
Re: Power Supply Drops To 2,880MW by gists: 8:41am On Jan 08, 2015
arsetalks:
It so much irritates me when I hear "there reason there is nno gas is because of sabotage". Is Government technically telling us they can safe guard our resources from saboteurs?

Same way they keep saying there is fuel subsidy scam and yet no one, not a single person has been jailed.

Further shows the insincerity and or outright cluelessness of the Gej administration.

We should actually hold the FG responsible if indeed the reason for non availability of gas is sabotage. Is it not the same FG that gave pipeline security to tompolo and other well known militants?

#gejonthebrink
#feBUHARI2015
Re: Power Supply Drops To 2,880MW by dulaman: 9:25am On Jan 08, 2015
"if I’m voted into power, within the next four
years, the issue of power will become a thing of
the past. Four years is enough for anyone in
power to make a significant improvement and if
I can’t improve on power within this period, it
then means I cannot do anything”
President Goodluck Jonathan
31st January 2011
United Nations
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

(1) (Reply)

INEC Releases List Of Accredited Election Observers / The Most Important Questions Gen. Buhari Ought To Answer / As Election Appraoches, Bokoharam Will Release Our GIRLS.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.