Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Buhari Campaign Banners Set Ablaze By Arsonists In Warri Delta State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Campaign Banners Set Ablaze By Arsonists In Warri Delta State (1945 Views)

Buhari's Campaign Promise Of Defeating Boko Haram About To Be Delivered / Youths Set Ablaze Senator, Reps Residences Over Unfulfilled Campaign Promises / Photos: Jonathan's Campaign Banners Destroyed In Abuja By Unknown Persons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Campaign Banners Set Ablaze By Arsonists In Warri Delta State by Clerverly: 10:59am On Jan 08, 2015
SAN FRANCISCO, January 08, (THEWILL) – Unidentified arsonists Wednesday set ablaze the campaign banners of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Presidential candidate, General Muhammadu Buhari, in Warri, Delta State, a pro-Buhari group, Buhari Movement For Change, (BMC), has alleged.

The group alleged that the incident happened on a day  Buhari visited the oil city for the official presentation of flag to the APC governorship candidate in Delta State, Olorogun O’tega Emerhor.

The group said the banners were reportedly burnt along Ekpen Street by Okere Market Square before the campaign train of the APC presidential candidate arrived Warri.  

The South South Coordinator of Buhari Movement For Change, (BMC), Prince David Iwere, who confirmed the development said   the banners were erected to welcome the APC presidential flag bearer and the governorship candidate, Olorogun O’tega Emerhor, to Warri for the official flag presentation to Emerhor.

Iwere said the banners were burnt overnight by unknown persons who apparently felt jittery by the rising profile of the party and pro-Buhari group in the state.

He however vowed that its members wouldn’t be intimidated by the attack as they had resolved to ensure that   Buhari emerged victorious in the February 14 Presidential poll.

Meanwhile, the APC governorship candidate in Delta State, Olorogun O’tega Emerhor, has been officially presented with the flag of the party in a campaign rally held at the Warri Township Stadium.

Addressing the rally, Buhari urged Nigerians to vote out the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) government which he said has destroyed the Nigerian economy.

Buhari  said the main problems confronting the nation were insecurity and the destruction of the nation’s economy, stressing that the APC government would work tirelessly to turn the tide in all areas where the wheel of progress of the Nigerian nation had been impeded by the PDP-led government.

He said  he would employ  the best hands to manage ministries and parastatals when elected, adding that the manifesto of the party would be strictly followed.

He pointed out that all that is needed is for all Nigerians to massively vote for the APC in the next month’s elections for the journey to recover and restructure to country to begin.

“The issue facing this country, we all know, is mainly security and the destruction of the Nigerian economy, but our objective is absolutely clear, we intend to secure this country as soon as we can and efficiently manage it.

“ We do not like the unemployment, the suffering, the low standard of education, the lack of healthcare and the destruction of infrastructure, I assure you, what the chairman has told you about our manifesto, we will apply ourselves to it and make sure we succeed within the shortest possible time.

“APC government will look for competent, committed Nigerians to lead ministries and parastatals so we can make rapid development. Your cooperation and what we’ll need from you is to make sure you get your permanent voters cards and on the election day you come out en-masse and make sure you vote for APC and its candidates. You’ll also make sure that your votes count.

“If you allow PDP to continue leading this country, you will wake up one day, may be after four years that you have made the mistake, without a country. Then tell me, where else can you relocate to in this world which is better than your own country.

“We are going to remove the curse of unemployment through agriculture and mining because other areas like education and infrastructure need money, study and they need professionals. We are going to rehabilitate the four refineries we have and revive the pipelines and depots,” Buhari said.

In his speech earlier, the National Chairman of the APC, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, assured the crowd that APC had a robust manifesto which is aimed at bettering the lots of Nigerians, particularly the youths and elderly.

While reeling out some of the programmes set aside for the youths and elderly,  Odigie-Oyegun said the APC manifesto guarantees that every child in school will have one free balanced meal every day.

“This place is mainly made up of youths and I can see women too, the APC programme, the APC manifesto is principally to guarantee the future of the youths of this nation, you won’t suffer anymore. First and foremost, the APC manifesto guarantees you three million jobs, the APC manifesto guarantees that every youth up to the age of 30, who through no fault of his own, cannot get a job, will be paid an allowance by the state.

“The APC manifesto guarantees that every child in school will have one free balanced meal every day. Finally, the APC manifesto guarantees that all our old men and women who are over 65 years will also have old age benefits sent to them”, he said.

The ceremony which started late around 6: 15pm in the evening after hundreds of the party supporters had waited endlessly for arrival of the campaign train  and left the venue had National Chairman of the APC, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, Director-General of the presidential campaign organisation, who doubled as the Governor of Rivers state, Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, Edo state Governor, Comrade Adams Oshiomole, two former Ekiti state governors, Chief Niyi Adebayo and Dr. Segun Oni, Imo state Governor Rocha Okorocha and other APC chieftains in the entourage of the presidential candidate.

There was however a mild-drama shortly after the brief rally took off when the Director-General of the presidential campaign organisation,   Amaechi, was about to speak as the crowd surged towards the VIP stand and suddenly started scampering to all direction following a push by the security personnel, a development which  caused a scare at the Township Stadium.

http://thewillnigeria.com/news/buhari-campaign-banners-set-ablaze-in-warri/
Re: Buhari Campaign Banners Set Ablaze By Arsonists In Warri Delta State by dunkem21(m): 11:03am On Jan 08, 2015
Hmmmn.
Re: Buhari Campaign Banners Set Ablaze By Arsonists In Warri Delta State by Clerverly: 11:04am On Jan 08, 2015
Hope PDP is documenting them?

Yesterday it was killing and shooting of APC supporters, today it is burning of APC campaign banners!

Nevertheless, we can't be cowed as the song of Change keeping hitting the roofs!

Sai Buhari!
lalasticlala!

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Campaign Banners Set Ablaze By Arsonists In Warri Delta State by moderatorr1: 11:06am On Jan 08, 2015
no picture?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Campaign Banners Set Ablaze By Arsonists In Warri Delta State by freshness2020: 11:07am On Jan 08, 2015
Clerverly:
Hope PDP is documenting them?

Yesterday it was killing and shooting of APC supporters, today it is burning of APC campaign banners!

Nevertheless, we can't be cowed as the song of Change keeping hitting the roofs!

Sai Buhari!
lalasticlala!
Shut the bleep up!
..so ♈όϋ didn't see the PDP banner that was destroyed! Ba?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Campaign Banners Set Ablaze By Arsonists In Warri Delta State by Clerverly: 11:11am On Jan 08, 2015
freshness2020:

Shut the bleep up!
..so ♈όϋ didn't see the PDP banner that was destroyed! Ba?

Are you a fool? Stay off my mention!

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Campaign Banners Set Ablaze By Arsonists In Warri Delta State by lilprinze: 11:17am On Jan 08, 2015
pictures or I don't believe it
Re: Buhari Campaign Banners Set Ablaze By Arsonists In Warri Delta State by freshness2020: 11:18am On Jan 08, 2015
Clerverly:

Are you a fool? Stay off my mention!
I can see how frustrated you are!

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Campaign Banners Set Ablaze By Arsonists In Warri Delta State by meracool(m): 11:20am On Jan 08, 2015
Politics is not a Do 'r' Die Affair.. I know we will soon get it right in Nigeria Someday..
Re: Buhari Campaign Banners Set Ablaze By Arsonists In Warri Delta State by omenka(m): 11:27am On Jan 08, 2015
PDP: Party of anarchists, by anarchists, and for anarchists!!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Campaign Banners Set Ablaze By Arsonists In Warri Delta State by Vicotex(m): 11:29am On Jan 08, 2015
When dem distroy pdp own dem dey rejoice, but now wey d tin don backfire dem, dem dey do face like half/done moi-moi

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Campaign Banners Set Ablaze By Arsonists In Warri Delta State by Newkidoo(m): 11:32am On Jan 08, 2015
No pictures!! I was expecting to see some pictures if not two at least one..
Get us pictures or we certify this as total LIES!!! undecided

1 Like

Re: Buhari Campaign Banners Set Ablaze By Arsonists In Warri Delta State by SahelBanker: 11:33am On Jan 08, 2015
politics of thuggery and hate. who are those behind this?
Re: Buhari Campaign Banners Set Ablaze By Arsonists In Warri Delta State by knightsTempler: 11:33am On Jan 08, 2015
GEJ 1 - Buhari 1
Re: Buhari Campaign Banners Set Ablaze By Arsonists In Warri Delta State by alaoeri: 11:44am On Jan 08, 2015
No intimidation can stop the moving train of change, the change is here starting from May 29 2015.
Sai BUHARI/OSINBAJO.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Campaign Banners Set Ablaze By Arsonists In Warri Delta State by ERODEDEAST(f): 11:54am On Jan 08, 2015
The war has just began Scores 1-1 .........Game on grin
Re: Buhari Campaign Banners Set Ablaze By Arsonists In Warri Delta State by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jan 08, 2015
cry me a river

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Campaign Banners Set Ablaze By Arsonists In Warri Delta State by Benilily(f): 12:08pm On Jan 08, 2015
[/B]TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY. NAIRALANDERS, WISH ME WELL....[B]

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Campaign Banners Set Ablaze By Arsonists In Warri Delta State by cirmuell(m): 12:19pm On Jan 08, 2015
Dirty politics is not the way.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Campaign Banners Set Ablaze By Arsonists In Warri Delta State by lilbazy(m): 12:19pm On Jan 08, 2015
But if buhari lose again,him name go enter guiness book of records o,how you go contest four times,lose four times!!! Chai diariz God o

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Campaign Banners Set Ablaze By Arsonists In Warri Delta State by opiaoku: 12:26pm On Jan 08, 2015
NgeneUkwenu you're a mad dog barking

Just vanish in 14th feb because o will create a personal hell for you here after gej's reelection

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Campaign Banners Set Ablaze By Arsonists In Warri Delta State by djwinnie(m): 12:55pm On Jan 08, 2015
wuh if dis ur so called SAI BUHARI loses for d 4th tym again?? wuh will hsppen to d rantyn nd boastful noise dey hav made wuh will hapoen to all money dey collected frm ppl in d name of raisin funds ...... jst askin ooo bfur one idiot quote me
Re: Buhari Campaign Banners Set Ablaze By Arsonists In Warri Delta State by haibe(m): 2:09pm On Jan 08, 2015
Benilily:
HBD dear. wish u llnp
Re: Buhari Campaign Banners Set Ablaze By Arsonists In Warri Delta State by MalcoImX: 2:23pm On Jan 08, 2015
Benilily:
HBD.
Re: Buhari Campaign Banners Set Ablaze By Arsonists In Warri Delta State by Blogunlaitan: 3:05pm On Jan 08, 2015
NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE Chevron Nigeria,Stanbic IBTC Bank,Amec Oil and Gas,Etisalat Nigeria,Nigeria Fire Service,Nigeria Breweries Recruiment is on call 09027134880 to start applying
Re: Buhari Campaign Banners Set Ablaze By Arsonists In Warri Delta State by Benilily(f): 4:17pm On Jan 08, 2015
MalcoImX:
HBD.
thanks dear~
Re: Buhari Campaign Banners Set Ablaze By Arsonists In Warri Delta State by Benilily(f): 4:18pm On Jan 08, 2015
haibe:
HBD dear. wish u llnp
thanks dear~
Re: Buhari Campaign Banners Set Ablaze By Arsonists In Warri Delta State by Clerverly: 6:32pm On Jan 08, 2015
angry

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Finally Speaks / How Roads Leading To Ado-ekiti Are Blocked By Pro-fayose Supporters (photo) / Senegalese Marabouts Stall Buhari’s Entry Into Aso Rock -breaking Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.