Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,550 members, 7,823,425 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Meet Nigeria's Youngest Governorship Candidate, PDP's Umar Nasko [pic] - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet Nigeria's Youngest Governorship Candidate, PDP's Umar Nasko [pic] (9109 Views)

Umar Nasko Celebrates His 42nd Birthday In Style (Photos) / Umar Nasko,The Youngest Governorship Candidate In Last Election(Pics) / PDP Gov. Candidate Umar Nasko Conceeds Defeat, Congratulates Bello, The Winner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Nigeria's Youngest Governorship Candidate, PDP's Umar Nasko [pic] by publisher(m): 3:25pm On Jan 08, 2015
[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFNaTJlenVTTwj6TGPtDbjFQjBzc-Q_QqFrUObHPrfQ_K7f0SS2A[/img]

PROFILE OF ALHAJI UMAR MOHAMMED NASKO, FCIDA, FCIPA
(JARMAN KONTAGORA)

Alhaji Umar Mohammed Nasko, FCIDA, FCIPA
Traditional Titles: Jarman Kontagora (Niger); Sarkin Kudun Birnin Magaji (Zamfara); Aminin Lapai (Niger); Yariman Nasko (Niger)

From his early days at the Presidential Villa in Aso Rock, to his time serving as the Chief of Staff, government house, Niger State, Alhaji Umar Mohammed Nasko has been dedicated leader and an excellent administrator who is deeply passionate and committed to the promotion of professionalism in civil administration.
Alhaji Umar Mohammed Nasko is qualified and has earned years of in-depth experience, building teams, working efficiently, and providing effective leadership to the people of Niger State.

Born March 13, 1975 in Ogbomosho, Oyo State, Alhaji Umar Mohammed Nasko is a native of the Magama local government area of Niger state.

LAUDABLE ACHIEVEMENTS:
· Changed the dynamics of the tourism and hospitality industry with the establishment of the colorful Sallah Durbar Carnival, which attracts both local and international tourists;

· As commissioner of tourism, worked with local governments to organize various annual festivals to include: the cultural festival in Kutigi, Ebiko Fishing Festival, and the Nuwokota;

· As commissioner of transport and infrastructural development, renovated the Zuma Rock, Gurara Water Falls, and the Zungeru Colonial Ruins;

· Nasko also commissioned the renovation of roads in the Minna Metropolis, the Lumma-Umma Road, the Batati-Dabban Road, Kutigi-Fazhi Road, Bonu-Gurara, and the Mokwa-Raba/General Hospital Access Road. He supervised the construction of the High Court Buildings at Kuta, Kutigi, and Rijau; the Minna Judicial Service Commission, and the newly-constructed access road to Fuel Dump at Minna International Airport.

· Created the “Green the Niger Initiative,” a program that ensured that Niger state wears a new look in terms of serenity, cleanliness, and the evacuation of waste. Dustbins were provided at main intersections and environment-polluting agents were cleared thereby restoring hygiene that would enhance human health and longevity.

· During his time at the Ministry of Environment, Nasko worked with various local communities to clean up drainages and this prevented flooding.

· As Chief of Staff, Nasko worked closely with the current Governor of Niger State, where he supports high-level executives in making decisions and tracking the completion of projects. As a result of his strong team building skills, he ensures that all offices and departments within the government house run efficiently.

EDUCATION:
Master’s Degree in Political Science, Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland; 2001
Honorary Doctor in Public Administration, Atlantic International University, U.S.A
Certificate, Infrastructure in a Marketing Economy, Harvard University; 2008
Certificate, Designing Legislative, Institutional, and Regulatory Frameworks, Washington D.C, 2008
Certificate, Benchmarking Emerging Markets, Singapore, 2008
Certificate, Presidential Strategic Leadership and Governance Retreat, University of Warwick, 2007
Certificate, Farming, Mashav Institute; 2004
University of Lodz, Poland; 1996
Nigerian Military School, Zaria, Kaduna,
Command Children’s School, Ann Barracks, Yaba, Lagos; 1980 - 1985

PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE:
Chief of Staff to the Governor of Niger State,
Honorable Commissioner, Ministry of Environment, Parks, Gardens, and Forest Resources, Niger State
Honorable Commissioner, Ministry of Youth Development, Niger State,
Honorable Commissioner, Ministry of Transport and Infrastructural Development, Niger State,
Honorable Commissioner, Ministry of Tourism and Culture, Niger State,
Member, Niger State Executive Council,
Special Adviser, Tourism Matters, Niger State,
Chairman, Local Organizing Committee for the National Festival on Arts and Culture,
Chairman, Committee on Vehicle Verification, Niger State,
Member, Technical Committee on Harmonization, Niger State,
Member, Committee on Public and Private Partnership, Niger State,
Member, Transition Committee, Niger State,
Managing Director, Madae & Sons Limited,
Project Manager, Fathibro Ventures Nigeria Limited, Abuja,
Assistant Secretary, Senate Committee on Drugs, Narcotics, Financial Crimes,
Volunteer, United Nations Human Rights Office, Krakow, Poland,
Sky Guard, 311 Air Defence Artillery Detachments, Presidential Villa, Aso Rock, Abuja
http://www.umarnasko.com/profile.php

PDP constantly pushing fresh faces and young blood into leadership positions, while APC brings forth rotten old men.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Nigeria's Youngest Governorship Candidate, PDP's Umar Nasko [pic] by ricsman(m): 3:40pm On Jan 08, 2015
let him win first

1 Like

Re: Meet Nigeria's Youngest Governorship Candidate, PDP's Umar Nasko [pic] by MuguliciousMUGU: 3:46pm On Jan 08, 2015
Alright
Re: Meet Nigeria's Youngest Governorship Candidate, PDP's Umar Nasko [pic] by MansaMoussa: 3:48pm On Jan 08, 2015
Has he won the court case against his opponent in the Primaries?
Shey dem talk say him no finish School and is having similar Certificate issues as Buhari!

Either way, I wish him well!
Re: Meet Nigeria's Youngest Governorship Candidate, PDP's Umar Nasko [pic] by SHOLATEMI: 3:54pm On Jan 08, 2015
Ops pls do ur calculation very well 1975 to date is 40yrs not 37yrs
Re: Meet Nigeria's Youngest Governorship Candidate, PDP's Umar Nasko [pic] by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jan 08, 2015
who is his father?
Re: Meet Nigeria's Youngest Governorship Candidate, PDP's Umar Nasko [pic] by gunuvi(m): 5:29pm On Jan 08, 2015
I challenge APC to present to us a young Nigerian as their flagbearer. Useless party of dumped PDP members.

7 Likes

Re: Meet Nigeria's Youngest Governorship Candidate, PDP's Umar Nasko [pic] by valdetino(m): 5:41pm On Jan 08, 2015
the Guy will be good
Re: Meet Nigeria's Youngest Governorship Candidate, PDP's Umar Nasko [pic] by ogawisdom(m): 6:34pm On Jan 08, 2015
Dr Chimaroke nnamani became d governor of enugu state in 1999 @ 39 but this ur guy is 40 so he is nt d youngest

3 Likes

Re: Meet Nigeria's Youngest Governorship Candidate, PDP's Umar Nasko [pic] by silvaspecs: 6:51pm On Jan 08, 2015
Started schooling at FUT Minna and was withdrawn due to LOW CGPA.
Smokes weeds like Hell
Chases like Hell
Has no experience of suffering of the Masses
Has cerificcerificate saga. Might eventually be using his secondary school result because he didnt attend no University!
A failure to PDP, though hse won with almost 99% votes in his primaries. -Money talking.
CANNOT COMPOSE A SIMPLE SENTENCE IN ENGLISH!!!

4 Likes

Re: Meet Nigeria's Youngest Governorship Candidate, PDP's Umar Nasko [pic] by meforyou1(m): 6:53pm On Jan 08, 2015
Yungwizzzy:
who is his father?
General Gado Nasko

5 Likes

Re: Meet Nigeria's Youngest Governorship Candidate, PDP's Umar Nasko [pic] by adconline(m): 7:03pm On Jan 08, 2015
silvaspecs:
Smokes weeds like Hell
Chases like Hell
Has cerificcerificate saga. Might eventually be using his secondary school result because he didnt attend no University!
A failure to PDP, though hse won with almost 99% votes in his primaries. -Money talking.
Thanks! Was going to ask why he has no BSc? Who is his father or godfather!

3 Likes

Re: Meet Nigeria's Youngest Governorship Candidate, PDP's Umar Nasko [pic] by phapi(m): 7:21pm On Jan 08, 2015
EDUCATION:
Master’s Degree in Political Science, Jagiellonian University,
Krakow, Poland; 2001
Honorary Doctor in Public Administration, Atlantic International
University, U.S.A
Certificate, Infrastructure in a Marketing Economy, Harvard
University; 2008
Certificate, Designing Legislative, Institutional, and Regulatory
Frameworks, Washington D.C, 2008
Certificate, Benchmarking Emerging Markets, Singapore, 2008
Certificate, Presidential Strategic Leadership and Governance
Retreat, University of Warwick, 2007
Certificate, Farming, Mashav Institute; 2004
University of Lodz, Poland; 1996
Nigerian Military School, Zaria, Kaduna,
Command Children’s School, Ann Barracks, Yaba, Lagos; 1980 -

na small pkin get all this certificate?
when GMB no even get pry school certificate
Abegi try help your northern political leader pry school certibucate

#PdProcks
#GEj2015
#GEJourVALENTINElove

5 Likes

Re: Meet Nigeria's Youngest Governorship Candidate, PDP's Umar Nasko [pic] by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jan 08, 2015
adconline:

Thanks! Was going to ask why he has no BSc? Who is his father or godfather!
At least he has an ssce unlike some illiterate General

8 Likes

Re: Meet Nigeria's Youngest Governorship Candidate, PDP's Umar Nasko [pic] by Jorussia(m): 8:25pm On Jan 08, 2015
gunuvi:
I challenge APC to present to us a young Nigerian as their flagbearer. Useless party of dumped PDP members.
You guys would not stop amazing me,na age who na wan come still pass come now,after religion and ethnicity don fail who na.when A.C.N present ribadu last time,who na nor vote for am,as buhari come out na,who na say if too old,who na forget say the newly democratically elected president of Tunisia na 88.My broda na competency we want nor be age.

3 Likes

Re: Meet Nigeria's Youngest Governorship Candidate, PDP's Umar Nasko [pic] by adconline(m): 8:29pm On Jan 08, 2015
chukwudi44:

At least he has an ssce unlike some illiterate General
Who's the godfather?
Re: Meet Nigeria's Youngest Governorship Candidate, PDP's Umar Nasko [pic] by kestolove95(m): 8:30pm On Jan 08, 2015
silvaspecs:
Smokes weeds like Hell
Chases like Hell
I was goin. To tell dem b4 u let the cat out of the bag..na we wey dey minna go tell dem about dix drug baron wey even him papa no support him candidacy..d only governor candidate for nigeria wey use secondri school cert submit him form..we sabi him gist we gt him record

1 Like

Re: Meet Nigeria's Youngest Governorship Candidate, PDP's Umar Nasko [pic] by galadima77(m): 8:50pm On Jan 08, 2015
silvaspecs:
Smokes weeds like Hell
Chases like Hell

absolutely correct!!!..... infact , when he was first made commissioner in niger a lecturer who knew his woeful performance asked me if that's how cheap it is to get such office in niger....
i pity niger if he emerges....thief servant's puppet!!
Re: Meet Nigeria's Youngest Governorship Candidate, PDP's Umar Nasko [pic] by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 08, 2015
but this very soul is only, make we wait see if him go fit be governor
Re: Meet Nigeria's Youngest Governorship Candidate, PDP's Umar Nasko [pic] by MrTeymee(m): 9:00pm On Jan 08, 2015
Young Ole cheesy
Re: Meet Nigeria's Youngest Governorship Candidate, PDP's Umar Nasko [pic] by tonte(m): 9:07pm On Jan 08, 2015
you know him personally??

silvaspecs:
Smokes weeds like Hell
Chases like Hell
Re: Meet Nigeria's Youngest Governorship Candidate, PDP's Umar Nasko [pic] by NoreenUG(f): 9:14pm On Jan 08, 2015
meanwhile, meet nigeria's oldest presidential candidate, APC's 72 year old muhammadu buhai!

these people shout "change", but their candidate is an expired, rotten military coupist who proudly served under an administration (abacha's) when nigeria was ranked the most corrupt country in the world... but he swears he's an anti-corruption maestro.

these pple scream "change", but the bulk of their key players are former members of the pdp they claim to hate. rochas, amaechi, saraki, ezea, kwankwaso? surely, someone must have hacked into oxford's server and edited the meaning of "change" in their lexicon.

they say the pdp brought nothing but failure for 16 yrs, but the man they now run to for advice (obasanjo) was in charge of the country for 8 of those 16 years.

i can sense failure from a mile away, and i can tell u it reigns supreme in APC.

Gej till 2019

2 Likes

Re: Meet Nigeria's Youngest Governorship Candidate, PDP's Umar Nasko [pic] by Ezemust: 9:29pm On Jan 08, 2015
MansaMoussa:
Has he won the court case against his opponent in the Primaries?
Shey dem talk say him no finish School and is having similar Certificate issues as Buhari!

Either way, I wish him well!
in Niger state Nasko's father is strongest after ibb
Re: Meet Nigeria's Youngest Governorship Candidate, PDP's Umar Nasko [pic] by Ezemust: 9:31pm On Jan 08, 2015
meforyou1:
General Gado Nasko
u stays i Niger?
Re: Meet Nigeria's Youngest Governorship Candidate, PDP's Umar Nasko [pic] by PhockPhockMan: 9:34pm On Jan 08, 2015
ogawisdom:
Dr Chimaroke nnamani become d governor of enugu state in 1999 @ 39 but this ur guy is 40 so he is nt d youngest
No, you're wrong, Orji Uzor Kalu of Abia state remains the youngest governor to my knowledge. Nnamani was born in 1959 while Orji Uzor Kalu was born in 1960, meaning Nnamani was 40 while Kalu was 39 as at 1999.
Re: Meet Nigeria's Youngest Governorship Candidate, PDP's Umar Nasko [pic] by lilbazy(m): 10:09pm On Jan 08, 2015
This is the change we are talking about...not a 72yr old grandpa. Someone who doesn't even know how to tweet,does not have a certificate,can't speak good oral english...how on earth does he think he can rule our father's in the 80's and still wants to rule us,aren't we the leaders of tommorow our parents and teachers have been telling us? The thunder that will fire those saying saying buhari is still in champions league semi_finals.

1 Like

Re: Meet Nigeria's Youngest Governorship Candidate, PDP's Umar Nasko [pic] by emiye(m): 10:42pm On Jan 08, 2015
silvaspecs:
Smokes weeds like Hell
Chases like Hell

While i hate anything PDP with passion, i disagree with the boldened, i saw his declaration live on TV , and i must confess, i was impressed. He spoke about all of his planned programmes sector by sector offhand for like 30mins , and i have a strong feeling he has something upstairs, he could have bamboozled me though with his good command of english, but i seriously doubt it, i sensed passion in his speech. He claimed to have schooled in Poland.

1 Like

Re: Meet Nigeria's Youngest Governorship Candidate, PDP's Umar Nasko [pic] by md4real(m): 11:13pm On Jan 08, 2015
The apc candidate is a game changer too in Niger state. I pray that drunkard, love-vendor, smoking chimney, and murder and a bloody school dropout called Nasko does not get substituted so that Apc will have a memorable outing in Niger state

2 Likes

Re: Meet Nigeria's Youngest Governorship Candidate, PDP's Umar Nasko [pic] by Bobbystanley(m): 5:02am On Jan 09, 2015
People are showing their Certificates.

BuhariShowYourCertificate#

1 Like

Re: Meet Nigeria's Youngest Governorship Candidate, PDP's Umar Nasko [pic] by Samgreguc(m): 5:59am On Jan 09, 2015
ogawisdom:
Dr Chimaroke nnamani became d governor of enugu state in 1999 @ 39 but this ur guy is 40 so he is nt d youngest
He was born in march so, he is nt yet 40,,, he is still 39 but would have been 40 when he is been sworn in.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Inec Registration Area Centers In Kuje And Other Area Councils In The Fct / The Fraudulent Nigerian Forbes Billionaires. / Sw: What Is Next?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.