Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,908 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

Let's Talk Forex - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Let's Talk Forex (5459 Views)

Let Talk About Your Next App Now! / Come In Let Talk Business / Let's Talk Bitcoins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Talk Forex by 212blaze(m): 3:47pm On Jan 08, 2015
Hey.

I'm looking for Nigerians currently trading in Forex online.

Would like us to discuss personal experiences and help improve our trades. For those not into it, you need to give it a try.

I know some also have really bad stories, please share.

I'm currently a trader and I must say it's quite a strange kinda investment that you need to really prepare for before entering.

It's also highly profitable and risky and it's mostly being advertised wrongly on alot of places online. If you would like more info on what it's about and need legit resources, just send a message.
Re: Let's Talk Forex by fxstory(m): 7:01pm On Jan 09, 2015
at least you were able to say it is risky and lots of people advertise it wrongly.hope newbies will take that part seriously

2 Likes

Re: Let's Talk Forex by johnez4u: 2:00am On Jan 10, 2015
212blaze:
Hey.

I'm looking for Nigerians currently trading in Forex online.

Would like us to discuss personal experiences and help improve our trades. For those not into it, you need to give it a try.

I know some also have really bad stories, please share.

I'm currently a trader and I must say it's quite a strange kinda investment that you need to really prepare for before entering.

It's also highly profitable and risky and it's mostly being advertised wrongly on alot of places online. If you would like more info on what it's about and need legit resources, just send a message.

I'm yet to meet someone who is making a living from it..
Re: Let's Talk Forex by 212blaze(m): 9:38pm On Jan 14, 2015
johnez4u:

Well, by "making a living" if you mean getting profits. There are. You just met one. wink

But if you mean, solely relying on it for feeding. Keep looking.

There are a few you can meet on other forums dedicated to forex.

Ive met a few. They say its rewarding but stressful.

Because bad days get worse when you remember that you are not trading just your funds.

Most of them trade their funds and those of others or institutions.

But on average they are really rich.

Id start posting some of my profits to motivate people.
Re: Let's Talk Forex by showreals(m): 9:46am On Jan 16, 2015
hello
Re: Let's Talk Forex by specialmati(m): 11:17am On Jan 16, 2015
212blaze:

Well, by "making a living" if you mean getting profits. There are. You just met one. wink

But if you mean, solely relying on it for feeding. Keep looking.

There are a few you can meet on other forums dedicated to forex.

Ive met a few. They say its rewarding but stressful.

Because bad days get worse when you remember that you are not trading just your funds.

Most of them trade their funds and those of others or institutions.

But on average they are really rich.

Id start posting some of my profits to motivate people.
pls am interested send me a mail on specialmaterial4u@gmail.com i need to be tutored on it.i stay in lagos
Re: Let's Talk Forex by teemy(m): 3:23pm On Jan 16, 2015
specialmati:
pls am interested send me a mail on specialmaterial4u@gmail.com i need to be tutored on it.i stay in lagos
You can start from the favourite school of most traders babypips.com.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Talk Forex by teemy(m): 3:35pm On Jan 16, 2015
Actually it is possible to make a sole income source with forex as there are a lot of businesses it has generated over the years apart from active trading (that included as well). Take the microsoft story for instance. With that one single computer industry entrant a lot of people can now put bread on their tables because they work in either the software or hardware area associated with microsoft and other products. New businesses have been made possible by forex as well.

As for the active trading division, the enemy of most traders is themselves by not following their own systems and flouting money management rules. Guilty here.

One way I see most traders lose also is the part of trading someone else's funds. You tend to make more emotional mistakes then than most times. Just similar to walking along the road with someone else's cash in your pocket and you feel more uncomfortable. The smiling friend that begged you to trade for him would not smile once you tell him that you have lost part or all his funds. Better skip that part by telling your pal to go open a PAMM acount and you trade as trader from you own side. Now he has a deal with the broker and not you.

brb

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk Forex by teemy(m): 3:45pm On Jan 16, 2015
Another area is lack of knowledge. I was not taught money management by my trainer but real life could be merciless. I lost over $30,000 way back. My highest return was turning $1000 to $4000 in just 3 days on a live account and turning $10,000 to $200,000 in a day on a demo account. Taking unnecessary risks was what I was taught but through the years i have come to learn the real truth - If you are rushing to in a week make millions from just a $1000 investment, in a few days that money would be gone and a more reasonable period of a year would have gone by without you achieving anything.

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk Forex by teemy(m): 3:57pm On Jan 16, 2015
A biggie for traders is coping with power and expensive (now better sha) internet data costs. Especially power. For one to be successful at trading, this hurdle must be crossed. Even using the generator would add more distraction to an already stressful work. If you can make it, go for solar. That way you won't disturb the neigbours neither would you have to move from your desk to change power source.
Re: Let's Talk Forex by olasun4u(m): 5:21pm On Jan 16, 2015
Please who will teach me on how to trade on forex
Re: Let's Talk Forex by comeandsee: 3:47pm On Jan 17, 2015
olasun4u:
I CAN TEACH U PERFECTLY . CONTACT ME ON 08035825966
Re: Let's Talk Forex by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jan 17, 2015
johnez4u:

i am

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk Forex by 212blaze(m): 1:05am On Jan 18, 2015
teemy:

You can start from the favourite school of most traders babypips.com.

Yeah thats the best site to learn.

specialmati:

olasun4u:

Like teemy said. Babypips.com is the best place to start. Click on "School" when you get to their website and READ!!!

Risk management is the MAJOR thing you need to learn. Because a good day can turn bad real fast.

For some people scalping is less risky and more profitable.

Would share a few scalping techniques i'm testing real soon so beginners can try it. Because it requires less reading and more time.
I think beginners like that.

PS: If you haven't demo traded for more than 3 months. DON'T go live. Opportunities are always gonna be available. So take it slow.

And does anyone know anyone who made money on the big CHF movement on the 15th?

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk Forex by L2CD766: 11:21am On Jan 18, 2015
212blaze:

Yeah thats the best site to learn.

Like teemy said. Babypips.com is the best place to start. Click on "School" when you get to their website and READ!!!

Risk management is the MAJOR thing you need to learn. Because a good day can turn bad real fast.

For some people scalping is less risky and more profitable.

Would share a few scalping techniques i'm testing real soon so beginners can try it. Because it requires less reading and more time.
I think beginners like that.

PS: If you haven't demo traded for more than 3 months. DON'T go live. Opportunities are always gonna be available. So take it slow.

And does anyone know anyone who made money on the big CHF movement on the 15th?
lots of Nigerian traders who were short CHF and Long XAU made mad profits. i've seen 3, and they all cashed out sharpaly.
Re: Let's Talk Forex by lasheez(m): 1:19pm On Jan 18, 2015
Talking about FOREX,it is a highly lucrative business which requires you to trade the market effectively.The truth is that as a newbie you are most likely going to loose all your money for at least 2 yrs before you finally learn from all the mistakes then become wiser when ever you trade.The truth is that for you to become successful,you must first of all create your own money management rule,next thing to consider is your leverage ,which is actually the forex 'Killer'.Having done this,master your trading platform very well.Things to consider here are:
1. Lot size
2.SL and Tp
3.Type of order
4.Pip value relative to your lot size to give you exact figure what you will gain or loose
5.Time frame e.g 15 mins charts,4hrs ,daily or even monthly chart frames.

Finally,you most consider both Technical and Fundamental analysis.

For Newbies start your tutoring with www.babypips.com which would take you about a month to graduate as a professor then the next thing for you to do and take seriously for 3 months,is demo trade with $500 with a leverage of at most 1:200.

If you still don't get successful,then you need to contact me for a Nugget.
Re: Let's Talk Forex by Nobody: 9:20am On Jan 20, 2015
teemy:
Another area is lack of knowledge. I was not taught money management by my trainer but real life could be merciless. I lost over $30,000 way back. My highest return was turning $1000 to $4000 in just 3 days on a live account and turning $10,000 to $200,000 in a day on a demo account. Taking unnecessary risks was what I was taught but through the years i have come to learn the real truth - If you are rushing to in a week make millions from just a $1000 investment, in a few days that money would be gone and a more reasonable period of a year would have gone by without you achieving anything.

Pls sir I need lectures I want to start but I knw noting am 18 I want to start making money for my self I dnt want to waste my time on useless thins sir pls I need help even it not forex
Re: Let's Talk Forex by teemy(m): 1:36pm On Jan 21, 2015
@mikporch i made some videos back in a 2007 that i 'hope' to upload soon. meanwhile go through the babypips.com site till i do so. cheers
Re: Let's Talk Forex by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jan 21, 2015
teemy:
@mikporch i made some videos back in a 2007 that i 'hope' to upload soon. meanwhile go through the babypips.com site till i do so. cheers

Thank u sir
Re: Let's Talk Forex by teemy(m): 1:45pm On Jan 21, 2015
forex earnings only works for those not in a rush. too much emotions running only guarantees losses. YOUR MONEY IS YOUR MONEY - a statement i once told someone who repeated it to me when at a sitting (two hours) i lost $7000. never be in a hurry.
Re: Let's Talk Forex by johnez4u: 4:15am On Jan 22, 2015
adamdbt:

i am

If you do, Then, let's meet.
U can reach me on WhatsApp
Re: Let's Talk Forex by karlie4nia(m): 10:57am On Jan 22, 2015
Well, how helpful it maybe to call people who post their numbers here doing some sort of self recommendation to newbies who apparently need help. But, i must warn them newbies to be very careful and not be gullible enough to fall into the schemes of certain unscrupulous persons.

Like Temmy has already recommended, there is a heck of plethora of information and resources on the internet you just need to Google it..it has even been made easier with the recommendation of baby-pips and the advise on money management..with that, am positive any newbie can have a good head start in learning forex trading. Just be warned... source for information and do a lot of practice... Good luck
Re: Let's Talk Forex by buJu234: 9:55am On Jan 23, 2015
i will advice u tht trading forex as an individual its not a good business..

but as a big entity like the banks etc; then there is money..

if u really want to make money in FOREX; why nt do the simple one...

buy dollar or Pounds (but dollar is better) at a lower price; wait till it gets higher; since Naira can always rise & fall at anytime; then u sell.

I knw of a fellow tht bought dollar at 170 naira around July 2014; i got abt $500,000.

today dollar sells for abt 201-205 black market; thats if u see it (cos its very hard to get now cos of Low oil revenue & also capital flight due to the coming election).

can u calculate that guys profits now... it should b over 15M naira

this is the one I knw and do for some small cash....

but all those online forex trading things for small businesses via one funny platform.. I see them as fraud and waste of time... especially wen some said u should send an email later pay XYZ amount into a ABC account...

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk Forex by ibnjarir93(m): 2:43pm On Jan 23, 2015
buJu234:
i will advice u tht trading forex as an individual its not a good business..

but as a big entity like the banks etc; then there is money..

if u really want to make money in FOREX; why nt do the simple one...

buy dollar or Pounds (but dollar is better) at a lower price; wait till it gets higher; since Naira can always rise & fall at anytime; then u sell.

I knw of a fellow tht bought dollar at 170 naira around July 2014; i got abt $500,000.

today dollar sells for abt 201-205 black market; thats if u see it (cos its very hard to get now cos of Low oil revenue & also capital flight due to the coming election).

can u calculate that guys profits now... it should b over 15M naira

this is the one I knw and do for some small cash....

but all those online forex trading things for small businesses via one funny platform.. I see them as fraud and waste of time... especially wen some said u should send an email later pay XYZ amount into a ABC account...
Why do you choose to mislead people here?
Re: Let's Talk Forex by ibnjarir93(m): 2:51pm On Jan 23, 2015
mikporch:

Pls sir I need lectures I want to start but I knw noting am 18 I want to start making money for my self I dnt want to waste my time on useless thins sir pls I need help even it not forex
You can send me a PM.
Re: Let's Talk Forex by teemy(m): 3:34pm On Jan 24, 2015
ibnjarir93:
Why do you choose to mislead people here?
actually it is worth warning people about. since most people lose on forex - myself included - most of the results you see is about scams or from have-beens who want a means of at least scheming something out for themselves from JJCs. Saw a lot when I started out (2005) before I realised I just needed to come out with my own trading style. Since then they have multiplied. Who said whites don't scam?

Does that mean it is impossible to make money from online forex trading? No, but is difficult if you have the dollar signs rolling on your eyes and you forget the most important factor which is Money Management. Even the wackiest of trading systems will do well if proper MM is applied and strictly adhered to. Which is why greed has been the main factor why even good traders like myself have not topped some charts yet.

So, ibnjarir93 let the warnings be. You just need to display the qualities of a good trader/trainer and your results will speak for themselves.
Re: Let's Talk Forex by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 24, 2015
teemy:

Seems I might be ready for you. Just started with a new student this week so I am in the mood to work on my website which has been left to fallow for long. Would be building up the main site and blog side by side but this thing called procastination has kept me backfor far too long. The 2007 videos are ready but heavy condidering that the duration totals just 57mins but quite packed. I plan on making a new set which would of course be updated and more current.

The site would be divided into two The main site and the blog

Main site forexbyteemy.com
Blog forexbyteemy..com

The blog would contain all articles, free forex lessons, free and paid signals services, hot on the markets.t.c
The main site would have the downloads, accolades, store, service requests (Indicators, Expert Advisors), members area and contact teemy pages. Anyone is free to have a headstart with this info.

I would appreciate your input on what to add, remove and edit. I wish to make this done within a week as almost all the groundwork is in place. I just need someone to give the push. I would be making my communications with you here to keep me in check so in case someone feels I am going out of place or am playing opportunist you would be readily alerted.

If however you do make this true (which to me would be worth millions), I would give you everything on the site for free if there is a cost applied (except service requests when you ask me to code something for you). Even trading system analysis would be free for you. You can always quote this anytime especially as this is being done openly on the forum.

@212blaze, being the OP should in case I end up derailing your thread in any way do let me know ASAP so as to transfer this work in progress to another thread if it does not fall under Let's Talk Forex. (I would be creating a webmasters thread so compliment the design/programming aspect so it looks great as well).

Any other person willing to contribute in any way I would much appreciate it and in one way or the other compensate your efforts. In other words you would be building this website. Thanks in anticipation.

Wishing you well - Teemy

Ok sir

(1) (2) (Reply)

Managing Your Investments Yourself Or By A Professional, Which Is Better? / Join The "Own You Life Campaign" Today !!!!!! Be Your Own Boss!! / Opportunity For Asset Investors To Own Apartment&Duplex In Ajah @Urban Prime One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.