Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Buhari Raises Additional N64m For Campaign - Total now 119 Million Naira - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Raises Additional N64m For Campaign - Total now 119 Million Naira (1430 Views)

Corruption: Buhari Raises Prosecution Panel, Names Members / Buhari Raises Alarm, Says Terrorists Returning To Embarrass Govt / Buhari Raises 13-Member Panel To Probe Weapon Procurement Since 2007 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Raises Additional N64m For Campaign - Total now 119 Million Naira by Firefire(m): 2:43am On Jan 09, 2015
ALL Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate Gen. Muhammadu Buhari has raised an additional N64 million through a crowd funding project for his campaign.

Col. Hamid Ibrahim Ali (rtd), a former Kaduna State military administrator and chief of staff to Buhari, said this while addressing about 87 support groups of the APC presidential candidate in Abuja.

Ali denied reports that Buhari received funds from an unnamed Arab nation for his campaign.

An Abuja-based daily newspaper reported that the APC presidential candidate would soon receive some millions of dollars from Arab billionaires, who had allegedly assisted in funding his campaign in 2003, 2007 and 2011.

The report also alleged that a former Oil Minister from Saudi Arabia, Ahmed Zaki Yamani, as well as some other Arab billionaires used a secret funding route to channel millions of dollars to Buhari’s campaign.

But, Ali described the report as false, saying: “It is not true. I am part of the campaign team and I am in the centre of it. I don’t know of any Arab man that has spoken to us. So, it is untrue, it is false.”

The retired colonel told reporters that the APC presidential candidate was getting money from the Nigerian people to fund his campaign.

He added that besides the crowd funding project, the General was getting donations from Nigerians, who are not necessarily buying crowd funding cards.

He said between December 24, 2014, when Buhari said N54 million was raised through the crowd fund project, and January 7, an additional N64,702, 265. 35 has been raised.

The total so far is N118,792,265.

He said: “Buhari has said that he lunch the funding to get money purposely from the lower people, because he want the commitment of the people and to remember when he get to the office that it is the sweat of the people that got him there. And by that, he will be more committed to serve them.”

He confirmed that the campaign team was also getting money from other sources, who might not necessarily buy card before donating money to the course, adding that if such money is deposited into the account, it will be made public.

On Buhari’s certificate controversy, Ali said: “Gen. Buhari went through the military; he got admitted and went to UK to train. So, if Gen. Buhari does not have the required qualifications, he would not in the first place have been admitted as a cadet.

“So, from that time on, he has gone through so many courses and trainings. I am surprise that today at 72, somebody is talking about the issue of certificate, after he ran for three presidential elections, and this is the fourth one.

“So, why is it today that someone is talking about credentials? What did INEC used to clear him before now?

Ali told the support groups that the essence of the meeting was to take stock of what each of the support groups were doing to ensure that Buhari emerged president in the elections and to inform them of how much has been raised so far for the campaign.

He said: “Today’s interactive session with you leaders of various groups supporting the election of General Muhammadu Buhari and Professor Yemi Osibanjo is to give you update on the progress we have made in our mobilisation work across the country through your patriotic efforts and also to let you know how much we have raised through our crowd funding effort via sales of BSO card and direct donations to BSO First Bank account.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Raises Additional N64m For Campaign - Total now 119 Million Naira by Firefire(m): 2:44am On Jan 09, 2015
“This is in keeping with our avowed commitment to accountability and transparency – the qualities our principal, General Buhari, is acclaimed for.

“We salute the courage and commitment of Nigerians across ethnic and religious divides who desire change and confidence in the ability of General Buhari to provide the leadership that will secure our nation and prosper our people.”

He added: “As the campaign enters its crucial stage, just about five weeks to the February 14, 2015 elections, it is important we review the activities of over 85 Buhari support groups operating under the umbrella of the Buhari Support Organisations with over 8 million individual members across Nigeria, going by our available records.

“With our members across the country, who are acting as our change ambassadors, our session today will define new parameters to measure each group’s performance and how we recruit new change agents and voters to join the Buhari/Osibanjo train and vote for our great party in all elections.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/buhari-raises-additional-n64m-campaign/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Raises Additional N64m For Campaign - Total now 119 Million Naira by Firefire(m): 2:48am On Jan 09, 2015
[size=18pt]The total so far is N118,792,265.[/size]

He added that besides the crowd funding project, the General was getting donations from Nigerians, who are not necessarily buying crowd funding cards.

Who are the Nigerians donation all this millions to Buhari ?

Civil Servant or corrupt politicians ?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Raises Additional N64m For Campaign - Total now 119 Million Naira by Nobody: 2:51am On Jan 09, 2015
Like my post if you like the fact that Buhari is Likely to fail again come February 14th , 2015,........... irrespective of all the donations.

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Raises Additional N64m For Campaign - Total now 119 Million Naira by Dreal1247: 2:51am On Jan 09, 2015
What of the assistance from OIC? I learnt that when he was admitted, the issue of certificate was not compulsory. Even as the Head of States, he was just favoured but not the right candidate then.
Re: Buhari Raises Additional N64m For Campaign - Total now 119 Million Naira by menesheh(m): 2:54am On Jan 09, 2015
He should continue wasting people's hard earned money for a project he knows he will never accomplish

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Raises Additional N64m For Campaign - Total now 119 Million Naira by Firefire(m): 2:54am On Jan 09, 2015
Dreal1247:
What of the assistance from OIC? I learnt that when he was admitted, the issue of certificate was not compulsory. Even as the Head of States, he was just favoured but not the right candidate then.

You mean other funding coming from OIC ? shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Buhari Raises Additional N64m For Campaign - Total now 119 Million Naira by ayukdaboss(m): 4:22am On Jan 09, 2015
Firefire:

Like I said in the other thread. You are the biggest mediocre among the TANoid movement on this forum. How many Nigerians does it take to raise 118 million naira in almost 3 months now in a country consisting of above 170 million people? The details of this Buhari Support Account was released a long time ago and well-meaning Nigerians have been registering their widows mite all in support for a better Nigeria and you come here spewing tantrums. Personally I've donated a reasonable sum to register my support for The People's General and I know well meaning Nigerians are doing same everyday.

Isn't it a big shame that you're questioning how a population of above 2 million people were able to raise 118 million naira for General Buhari when a single thief donated 2 billion (2,000,000,000) naira to Jonathan's failed campaign? Posterity is going to judge all of you. Whether you like it or not this country must be better again.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Raises Additional N64m For Campaign - Total now 119 Million Naira by braine(m): 4:26am On Jan 09, 2015
BobE1:
Like my post if you like the fact that Buhari is Likely to fail again come February 14th , 2015,........... irrespective of all the donations.
I'm quoting your post for the fact all your hopes would be dashed on that said date.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Raises Additional N64m For Campaign - Total now 119 Million Naira by DesChyko: 4:42am On Jan 09, 2015
ayukdaboss:

..How many Nigerians does it take to raise 118 million naira in almost 3 months now in a country consisting of above 170 million people? ..and well-meaning Nigerians have been registering their widows mite all in support for a better Nigeria.. ..Personally I've donated a reasonable sum to register my support for The People's General...when a single thief donated 2 billion (2,000,000,000) naira to Jonathan's failed campaign?... Posterity is going to judge all of you... Whether you like it or not this country must be better again.

Even if incensed, think before you post.
The presentation above is error-strewn.
Re: Buhari Raises Additional N64m For Campaign - Total now 119 Million Naira by ayukdaboss(m): 4:45am On Jan 09, 2015
DesChyko:

Even if incensed, think before you post.
The presentation above is error-strewn.
Think before you quote me....is it rocket science for Buhari to receive donations worth 118 million since 3 months ago?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Raises Additional N64m For Campaign - Total now 119 Million Naira by fitzmayowa: 4:54am On Jan 09, 2015
He confirmed that the campaign team was also getting money from other sources, who might not necessarily buy card before donating money to the course, adding that if such money is deposited into the account, it will be made public.

ayukdaboss:

Think before you quote me....is it rocket science for Buhari to receive donations worth 118 million since 3 months ago?

You fail to read, the part where someone said...funds are coming from unnamed sources and how long does it take to deposit the money into the account and make it public...

The big question is why can't he name the other sources Atleast we all know that PDP funds came from corrupt politician and the likes....

They should stop been economical with the truth, i would have expected a "progressive" like you to ask this question, but you failed to do that...
Re: Buhari Raises Additional N64m For Campaign - Total now 119 Million Naira by Mogidi: 5:00am On Jan 09, 2015
Firefire:

Less than two weeks ago Buhari had only #50million and suddenly Iran, Pakistan and the Palestinians have started donating to his campaign.
Hezbollah agent Buhari should explain where this loot is flooding from or is this part of the ones he looted in the 80s?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Raises Additional N64m For Campaign - Total now 119 Million Naira by ayukdaboss(m): 5:03am On Jan 09, 2015
fitzmayowa:

You fail to read, the part where someone said...funds are coming from unnamed sources and how long does it take to deposit the money into the account and make it public...

The big question is why can't he name the other sources Atleast we all know that PDP funds came from corrupt politician and the likes....

They should stop been economical with the truth, i would have expected a "progressive" like you to ask this question, but you failed to do that...

What does the above statement mean to you? The other sources being talked about here are not some strange people donating some fraudulent amounts of money. They are people who deposit directly into the bank account due to unavailable depositing cards. It is even stated there...that means that there are thousands of people donating various amounts of money into the bank accounts. I donated some money last week into that bank account so I wonder how the Bank and APC will start releasing all our names. grin
Re: Buhari Raises Additional N64m For Campaign - Total now 119 Million Naira by fitzmayowa: 5:07am On Jan 09, 2015
ayukdaboss:

What does the above statement mean to you? The other sources being talked about here are not some strange people donating some fraudulent amounts of money. They are people who deposit directly into the bank account due to unavailable depositing cards. It is even stated there...that means that there are thousands of people donating various amounts of money into the bank accounts. I donated some money last week into that bank account so I wonder how the Bank and APC will start releasing all our names. grin

Please read the bolded again and try to understand what he is saying, what he meant by unnamed source are sources outside the 118 million already gotten, through the "masses" donating...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Raises Additional N64m For Campaign - Total now 119 Million Naira by ayukdaboss(m): 5:10am On Jan 09, 2015
fitzmayowa:

Please read the bolded again and try to
Yes I totally understand you, so I'm asking, is APC supposed to list out the possibly thousands of people who have donated into their account? Maybe you need to read my last comment carefully.
Re: Buhari Raises Additional N64m For Campaign - Total now 119 Million Naira by jamace(m): 5:23am On Jan 09, 2015
ayukdaboss:

Like I said in the other thread. You are the biggest mediocre among the TANoid movement on this forum. How many Nigerians does it take to raise 118 million naira in almost 3 months now in a country consisting of above 170 million people? The details of this Buhari Support Account was released a long time ago and well-meaning Nigerians have been registering their widows mite all in support for a better Nigeria and you come here spewing tantrums. Personally I've donated a reasonable sum to register my support for The People's General and I know well meaning Nigerians are doing same everyday.

Isn't it a big shame that you're questioning how a population of above 2 million people were able to raise 118 million naira for General Buhari when a single thief donated 2 billion (2,000,000,000) naira to Jonathan's failed campaign? Posterity is going to judge all of you. Whether you like it or not this country must be better again.
Don't be naive that that amount is what Buhari has garnered for his election so far. That amount is just to hide the correct looted amount already pumped into the campaign in order to paint Buhari as an honest man. We can never be deceived. With all the chartering of planes here and there, you tell me that is what is received? Haba, make una de tell the lie small small naa. Politics should be played with principle, please.

APC governors are looting their state treasury to finance Buhari campaign, states like Rivers, Lagos, Osun etc.

I always tell people that there is a great world of difference between the military Buhari and the political Buhari. Now tell me, how can one man who is assumed to be honest fight corruption when surrounded by looters who are sponsoring his campaign? My believe is that Buhari will be a ceremonial president, fully caged, hands tied and helpless to fight corruption if he becomes president.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Raises Additional N64m For Campaign - Total now 119 Million Naira by shakazuldadon: 7:06am On Jan 09, 2015
what about the 5billion yam farmers wanted to give him.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Raises Additional N64m For Campaign - Total now 119 Million Naira by Firefire(m): 8:50am On Jan 09, 2015
Mogidi:

Less than two weeks ago Buhari had only #50million and suddenly Iran, Pakistan and the Palestinians have started donating to his campaign.
Hezbollah agent Buhari should explain where this loot is flooding from or is this part of the ones he looted in the 80s?

Nigerians beware,

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Raises Additional N64m For Campaign - Total now 119 Million Naira by Firefire(m): 8:53am On Jan 09, 2015
Firefire:

Fellow Nigerians,

FRAUD ALERTS IN BUHARI FUND GENERATION shocked shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Raises Additional N64m For Campaign - Total now 119 Million Naira by Firefire(m): 8:54am On Jan 09, 2015
Customized13, I smell funding from unknown sources outside the country?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Raises Additional N64m For Campaign - Total now 119 Million Naira by Mogidi: 9:01am On Jan 09, 2015
Firefire:

Nigerians beware,

An Abuja-based daily newspaper reported [size=15pt]that the APC presidential candidate would soon receive some millions of dollars from Arab billionaires, who had allegedly assisted in funding his campaign in 2003, 2007 and 2011.[/size]

The report also alleged that a former Oil Minister from Saudi Arabia, Ahmed Zaki Yamani, as well as some other Arab billionaires used a secret funding route to channel millions of dollars to Buhari’s campaign.

If Iran think they can foist Buhari on us, they've got another think coming. Buhari is an Iranian stooge, whose campaign is paid for by the Ayatollah.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Raises Additional N64m For Campaign - Total now 119 Million Naira by Mogidi: 9:15am On Jan 09, 2015
[size=15pt]Buhari's Saudi donor.[/size]

Ahmed Zaki Yamani (Arabic: أحمد زكي يماني‎; born 30 June 1930) is a Saudi Arabian politician who was Minister of Oil (Petroleum) and Mineral Resources from 1962 to 1986, and a minister in OPEC for 25 years.

With degrees from various institutions including New York University School of Law, Harvard Law School, and a doctorate from the University of Exeter, Yamani became a close adviser to the Saudi government in 1958 and then became oil minister in 1962. He is best known for his role during the 1973 oil embargo, when he spurred OPEC to quadruple the price of crude oil. During that time, Yamani gained a colourful international reputation, known in the West for both diplomatic skills and characteristic goatee.

Buhari exposed

1 Like

Re: Buhari Raises Additional N64m For Campaign - Total now 119 Million Naira by Mogidi: 9:23am On Jan 09, 2015
Read the story here from (Tinubu's own newspaper)

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/buhari-raises-additional-n64m-campaign/

An Abuja-based daily newspaper reported that the APC presidential candidate would soon receive some millions of dollars from Arab billionaires, who had allegedly assisted in funding his campaign in 2003, 2007 and 2011.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Raises Additional N64m For Campaign - Total now 119 Million Naira by anonimi: 10:30am On Jan 09, 2015
Mogidi:
Buhari exposed

You mean the N5 billion raised from the sale of 5,000,000 yams at N1,000 each last Sunday by the FARMERS is not enough grin cheesy

Did I mention the fact that the increased yield by these farmers is due to the agricultural TRANSFORMATION by the Jonathan/Sambo team with fertilisers getting to the farmers more directly after the cabal in that sector was SYSTEMATICALLY removed in a major anti-corruption success?

Kai Buhari!!!
#Liberate-Lagos

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Raises Additional N64m For Campaign - Total now 119 Million Naira by biafranqueen: 12:58pm On Jan 09, 2015
Mogidi:

If Iran think they can foist Buhari on us, they've got another think coming. Buhari is an Iranian stooge, whose campaign is paid for by the Ayatollah.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Raises Additional N64m For Campaign - Total now 119 Million Naira by Firefire(m): 1:37pm On Jan 09, 2015
anonimi:

You mean the N5 billion raised from the sale of 5,000,000 yams at N1,000 each last Sunday by the FARMERS is not enough grin cheesy

Did I mention the fact that the increased yield by these farmers is due to the agricultural TRANSFORMATION by the Jonathan/Sambo team with fertilisers getting to the farmers more directly after the cabal in that sector was SYSTEMATICALLY removed in a major anti-corruption success?

Kai Buhari!!!
#Liberate-Lagos

so painful that some people are not seeing the disguised evil in this man called Mohamodu buhari. undecided
Re: Buhari Raises Additional N64m For Campaign - Total now 119 Million Naira by VICTORCIZA(m): 4:16pm On Jan 09, 2015
BUHARI IS A CRIMINAL!!
Re: Buhari Raises Additional N64m For Campaign - Total now 119 Million Naira by Brahms(m): 4:43pm On Jan 09, 2015

(1) (Reply)

See Gmb's Reaction To The Gej/pdp Propaganda On Ait / Wickedness And Surprise Of Phcn In My Area (rumueme Mile4) Port Harcourt / My Threat Worked ─mbu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.