Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

38.7 Million Nigerians Now Have Voter Cards –INEC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 38.7 Million Nigerians Now Have Voter Cards –INEC (719 Views)

FG Releases 38.7 Million Litres Of Aviation Fuel / Voter Cards Of GEJ, GMB And Those Of PEJ And Aisha Buhari (pics) / 38.7million Nigerians Now Have Voter Cards- INEC. NW And SW Top List. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

38.7 Million Nigerians Now Have Voter Cards –INEC by Flye: 5:23am On Jan 09, 2015
No fewer than 38,774,391 Nigerians now have the Permanent Voter Cards, the Independent National Electoral Commission has said.

The figure which is contained in a statement on Thursday by the Chief Press Secretary to the Chairman of the commission, Mr. Kayode Idowu, represents 71.35 per cent of the 54,341,610 number of registered voters across the country.

It is however expected that the figure of the PVCs distributed will increase before next Tuesday when the commission is expected to publish the final list of voters.

Idowu told our correspondent that distribution of PVCs will start in Borno State on Friday(today) where no one had collected.

A breakdown of the 38,774,391 PVCs shows that 22, 832, 396 prospective voters have collected the cards in the Northern part of the country and 15,941,995 in the South.

The zonal analysis of the figure(38,774,391) indicates that the North-West and the South-West are leading the other four zones in the collection of the PVCs.

For example, in the North-West which has seven states, 12,013,961 PVCs have been collected.

The seven states in the zone are Kebbi, Zamfara, Jigawa, Sokoto, Kano, Katsina and Kaduna.

There are also 6,270,736 PVCs that have been collected in the six states of the South-West. The states are Lagos, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun and Oyo.

South-South is third among the zones with the highest number of PVC collected with 5,756,018.

The states in the zone are Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Edo and Delta.

Trailing the zone is North-Central with 5,520,001 collectors. States in the zone are Benue, Kwara, Nasarawa, Kogi, Plateau and Niger.

Although voters in Borno State have yet to collect their PVCs, the remaining states in the North-East have 4,886,499 PVCs.

The breakdown of the states which have collected PVCs shows that Kano recorded the highest number of prospective voters who have picked their PVCs with 2,771,185. It is followed by Kaduna State with 2,643,517.

Lagos State came third with 2,159,091.

President Goodluck Jonathan’s state, Bayelsa, came last as the commission put the number of voters with the PVCs in the state at 370,062.

It follows Ekiti State where 481,199 voters have received their PVCs and Enugu State with 662,445.

The figure also indicates that 411,935 people have collected their PVCs in the Federal Capital Territory .

Coming last is the South-East, with 3,915,241 PVCs.

Anambra, Abia, Ebonyi, Imo and Enugu are the states in the zone.

http://www.punchng.com/news/38-7-million-nigerians-now-have-voter-cards-inec/

Re: 38.7 Million Nigerians Now Have Voter Cards –INEC by KanwuliaJara: 5:25am On Jan 09, 2015
Out of how many million Nigerians? shocked

1 Like

Re: 38.7 Million Nigerians Now Have Voter Cards –INEC by Flye: 5:26am On Jan 09, 2015
INEC should try and give people their PVC and give no room for any complain after the election. Any thing they know people will complain of should be dealt with now.
Re: 38.7 Million Nigerians Now Have Voter Cards –INEC by datguru: 5:42am On Jan 09, 2015
I didn't even do it. The crowd was too much and so discouraging
Re: 38.7 Million Nigerians Now Have Voter Cards –INEC by Nobody: 5:43am On Jan 09, 2015
Thats some goodnews smiley
buh i avnt gotten mine
Re: 38.7 Million Nigerians Now Have Voter Cards –INEC by geedeex2(m): 6:10am On Jan 09, 2015
The people at INEC must be smoking things .How about people who turned 18years after 2011 won't they vote ? though that acclaimed figure is overstated yet 15,567219 voters card are yet to be collected
Re: 38.7 Million Nigerians Now Have Voter Cards –INEC by Noviolence2015: 6:16am On Jan 09, 2015
Jega is disenfranchising voters in the southern part of Nigeria. I have gone to my polling station numerous times and no presence of inec in Lagos. When they do come they disappear before you settle down on the queue ...

Nigerians should be aware that Jega is set to personally rig the elections for his Fulani brother.
Re: 38.7 Million Nigerians Now Have Voter Cards –INEC by geedeex2(m): 6:20am On Jan 09, 2015
The people at INEC must step up their game .How about those who turned 18years after 2011 won't they vote ? though that acclaimed figure is overstated yet 15,567219 voters card are yet to be collected .Instead of taking the cards to the local governments why can't they ask us to go back to where we registered and they make the PVCs available there .even though I was able to get mine without much hassle many people are still yet to get theirs .I hope this isn't a ploy to perpetrate the conspicuous .
Re: 38.7 Million Nigerians Now Have Voter Cards –INEC by Orunto: 7:02am On Jan 09, 2015
Inec is working for Nigerians, isn't it? Let the officials or volunteer groups collect the remaining PVCs and distribute them house to house like we do when we engage in house to house immunization of children.
Re: 38.7 Million Nigerians Now Have Voter Cards –INEC by Flye: 10:00am On Jan 09, 2015
Mode this worth front page oooo.
Re: 38.7 Million Nigerians Now Have Voter Cards –INEC by Nobody: 10:25am On Jan 09, 2015
geedeex2:
The people at INEC must be smoking things .How about people who turned 18years after 2011 won't they vote ? though that acclaimed figure is overstated yet 15,567219 voters card are yet to be collected
some individuals may not register purposely ..
Re: 38.7 Million Nigerians Now Have Voter Cards –INEC by hakanai(m): 10:36am On Jan 09, 2015
I got mine and i urge people to collect there own.
When i visited INEC honestly you can see the boxes of uncollected PVC just there.Media organizations, INEC and NGO need to do more to reach out to people and tell them how to collect there PVC. I had to ask around to get mine. Such information could be provide and the process made easy.
Its actually discouraging when you reach the INEC centre and you are told its with another INEC centre. People will say the SMS option exist but how many people can use it. They should localize and simplify the information out reach. People need to be well informed and directed.
I also strongly urge INEC To to make registration a continuous thing over the years not rush at the last minute. people should have walked in registered and return to the same INEC office to pick the PVC. Also they should centralize there database. So it can be verified anywhere in Nigeria.You should be allowed to move freely and use the Card anywhere without hassle.
Re: 38.7 Million Nigerians Now Have Voter Cards –INEC by SeverusSnape(m): 11:18am On Jan 09, 2015
Just 38 million?...Not even upto quater of our population.

(1) (Reply)

14 African Countries Forced By France To Pay Colonial Tax / Some Quotable Quotes By President Gej In The Past Few Days And My Take On Them: / Questions For Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.