Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,425 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training (32064 Views)

Newyear Eve: Gunman Dressed As Father Xmas Opens Fire On Nightclub Killing 35. / "Ugandan Army Officer Tortured Unclad In A Military Barracks". Photos / China Sides With Russia In Syrian War, Will Provide Aid And Military Training (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training by Godmann(m): 9:12am On Jan 09, 2015
We don't need this people and their stories.

I am sure they know more than they want to tell us on Boko Haram.

1 Like

Re: US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training by bogolobango(m): 9:14am On Jan 09, 2015
Hey see bullet nairalanders go kill me with english
Re: US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training by Godwinsilas(m): 9:18am On Jan 09, 2015
Nothing good comes from USA to Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training by Mcbussy(m): 9:18am On Jan 09, 2015
iv4fb:
Now I think the Nigerian government might be right. Their reason was that the US said they should provide equipments which were in the war front with Boko Haram and that involves moving those equipments from the NE. They rejected the offer coz same equipment were needed in the fight against the Boko Haram.

Yes,true,but do u think in a standard military, there shouldn't be enuf equipment?...that u'll have to deploy everything and not have some permanently reserved for training purposes. Even if they had deployed everything to d front,don't u think d wise thing to do is to buy new ones to train your troops with?

If every AK47 was deployed to the NE, what would they use to train the fresh cadets?...see?...that's dsame reason why there is need to have reserved a reasonable number of every necessary military hardware for training purposes.

1 Like

Re: US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training by ogb5(m): 9:19am On Jan 09, 2015
Real friends are those that stand with you in times of difficulty. US have not stood with Nigeria in our time of need.

Israel murders the Palestinians daily yet the US give them free weapons in form of military aid, they don't bring the human rights bla bla bla into it. Nigeria is not even asking for military aid, we are ready to pay for the weapons yet the US opposes the sales of weapons to Nigeria.

The US has never been a good friend of Nigeria, they are simply looking for what to fleece from us and at the same time trying to dictate how and when we deal with the terrorists within our midst.

Time to stop US wheat imports

4 Likes

Re: US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training by abuyuunus: 9:20am On Jan 09, 2015
Hostermipo:
#watever, I just hate USA

You hate USA? Why are you guys running for greener pastures in the same USA?

Think about it and answer this new question:

Do you hate USA?
Re: US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training by adedayourt(m): 9:21am On Jan 09, 2015
iv4fb:
Now I think the Nigerian government might be right. Their reason was that the US said they should provide equipments which were in the war front with Boko Haram and that involves moving those equipments from the NE. They rejected the offer coz same equipment were needed in the fight against the Boko Haram.

I reason your opinion too but if this is true about equipment being @ d war front nd it can't be removed for mere traing, den the ques comes to mind..

Why does the soldiers stil agitate lack of weapon/epuipment ??

Prob d eqpimnts ar grosly inadequate or nig govt is just playin politics dats byond d undastndin of an outsider by refusin futher trainin of her soldiersss
Re: US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training by epospiky(m): 9:21am On Jan 09, 2015
Is that all?...ok. Next!
Re: US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training by F22RAPTOR(m): 9:24am On Jan 09, 2015
[quote author=silami post=29625007][/quote]
this US guys should just shut up. why the hell are they talking now?...seeing that there might be an alliance with Israel, they are trying to appear as saints.

1 Like

Re: US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training by ezanafe(m): 9:25am On Jan 09, 2015
My opinion: I think Nigeria government could at least purchase some armories with the billions that have claim to be budgeted into security sector, though "if truly budgeted" and give the equipment to the US Army to train our soldiers. If not 4 the ghost budget Nigerian government do every year, there could have been surplus weapon both in the WAR FRONT and in the ARSENAL.
Re: US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training by fydence: 9:25am On Jan 09, 2015
These two timing yanks shld just shut up already...

1 Like

Re: US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training by JayJustus(m): 9:27am On Jan 09, 2015
USA again weapons?? one crate of bull shyte

next story
Re: US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training by Nobody: 9:27am On Jan 09, 2015
Hostermipo:
#watever, I just hate USA

Abeg ooo! Dont say it out loud before they enter your name in the same book with ISIS, Hamas, Hezbollah, Boko Haram and co. I no dey ooo.
Re: US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training by donmalcolm21(m): 9:27am On Jan 09, 2015
[quote author=SLIDEwaxie post=29626026]mmum. So, na all the equipment they wan use train a few battalion?
Abi all the army wey dey fight book haram reach 20,000?[/quote why couldn't USA sell us the equipment while we use our own equipment to tackle the menace of BH here]
Re: US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training by agabaI23(m): 9:27am On Jan 09, 2015
iv4fb:
Exactly my thought. How can Nigeria provide the equipment you refused to sell to us?
Re: US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training by fydence: 9:29am On Jan 09, 2015
abuyuunus:

You hate USA? Why are you guys running for greener pastures in the same USA?

Think about it and answer this new question:

Do you hate USA?
not everyone is running to the usa for whatever colour of pastures...some of us have learnt hw to create wealth here.
Re: US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 09, 2015
iv4fb:

Let me try to educate u still as I've got a brother in the war front (he's capable of taking care of himself though), the machinery are obsolete, Nigeria was ready to buy new ones for the training but the US refuse to sell and the NA is scared of air assault coz of high civilian casualty. Any country trying to help want to spite another one, the request for foreign military camps and all that. Whichever way you look at it, it's more complicated than you think so please go back to abusing the government and her supporters in the 'street' of social media as this is beyond your mental comprehension

Good luck!
You are actually the one that needs to grow up.Why insult him? Pls your explanation ain't cogent enough.
Re: US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training by rexoluj(m): 9:31am On Jan 09, 2015
iv4fb:

Let me try to educate u still as I've got a brother in the war front (he's capable of taking care of himself though), the machinery are obsolete, Nigeria was ready to buy new ones for the training but the US refuse to sell and the NA is scared of air assault coz of high civilian casualty. Any country trying to help want to spite another one, the request for foreign military camps and all that. Whichever way you look at it, it's more complicated than you think so please go back to abusing the government and her supporters in the 'street' of social media as this is beyond your mental comprehension

Good luck!

The United States of America’s envoy to Nigeria, Ambassador James Entwistle, has denied reports that the US has refused to sell arms to Nigeria on account of human rights violation in the fight against insurgency in the country.
US President Barack Obamar) talks with President Goodluck Jonathan of Nigeria before their bilateral meeting in New York on September 23, 2013 on the sideline of the United Nations General Assembly. AFP Photo
Entwistle, who was speaking as a guest at the Diplomatic Dialogue Series organised by the Nigeria Leadership Initiative, NLI said the US has not cut off Nigeria militarily and that the two countries continue to enjoy healthy military relationship.
He insisted that his remark on arms sale to Nigeria recently was misrepresented and that there was never a time he said the US will not sell arms to Nigeria on account of human rights violations.
According to him, “Nigeria and the US have a military relationship that continues. We look at every aspect of that relationship very carefully in the context of our policy, Nigeria policy including human rights. This is a process that we undergo with every country in the world. But we have a rich military relationship with Nigeria that continues even as I speak.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/us-denies-reports-refusal-sell-arms-nigeria/#sthash.eSKWQXeO.dpuf

Bros, have u bothered to ask what kind of arms Nigeria military wants to buy.
Re: US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training by brainpulse: 9:32am On Jan 09, 2015
So Nigeria government had refused to provide equipment for training for our military officers trained for free by the US military and Nigeria government is giving false statements. This government does not have the interest of Nigerians at heart at all
Re: US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training by Nobody: 9:32am On Jan 09, 2015
US government is so fond of long stories. Always pretending to be the good guys. Anyway we do not need their assistance anymore because they have nothing to offer the Nigerian military. After their pledge to help Nigeria combat terrorism by offering intelligence on terrorist and offering their military advisors to aid us,the Nigerian military has seen that the US government are not prepared and unwilling to help us in any way; blocking the purchasing of arms from them and their allies,and their repeatedly condemnation of our military. We can survive and combat terrorism without their help. GOD BLESS THE NIGERIAN MILITARY.

2 Likes

Re: US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training by Nobody: 9:34am On Jan 09, 2015
don't even know what to believe . they ve politicized every thing in Nigeria.
I find it difficult to believe anything I see on the internet these days .
Re: US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training by laprince(m): 9:36am On Jan 09, 2015
US, grow up
Re: US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 09, 2015
The blame game continues sha,the FG isn't helping matters either.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sasha Obama Absent At Obama’s Farewell Address Due To Her Exam / Biden’s Victory Will Attract $700b To Nigeria, Other Emerging Markets, Say Exper / San Francisco To Allow Police 'Killer Robots' (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.