Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,961 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

APGA Governorship Candidate Campagns Openly For Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APGA Governorship Candidate Campagns Openly For Buhari (2658 Views)

Abia APGA Governorship Candidate, Alex Otti, Begs APC For Support / Police Arrest Zamfara APGA Governorship Candidate For Ballot Box Snatching / Labaran Maku finally Secures APGA Governorship Ticket, Accuses PDP Of Injustice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APGA Governorship Candidate Campagns Openly For Buhari by bilymuse: 10:29am On Jan 09, 2015
[size=25pt]Why I’m campaigning with Buhari’s posters – Tata[/size]

Abdullahi Umar Tsauri Tata, Katsina State governorship candidate of the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA). He explains why he is campaigning for Buhari. Excerpts:

You were one of the leading governorship aspirants in the Katsina PDP, but suddenly you defected to APGA, which is considered unpopular in the state; why?

The result of the PDP governorship primary election was predetermined, and I knew it will be like that because I was never involved in party affairs since the day I joined the party. They manipulated the primaries in favour of one candidate. The result was not unexpected.
But prior to the party primaries, I discussed with my advisers and asked them: which is easier between winning the primary election under the PDP and winning the governorship election on the platform of another party?’ No one told me that it was easy to win the primaries in PDP simply because the state governor was totally against me for reasons that I can’t explain. It was under such circumstances that we conducted the primaries and there was no way I could have won. So, we looked at the options before us which were basically four in number. Number one was to remain in PDP and see how we could help the party to succeed, but we had no reason to do that.The second option was to join any of the other big parties in Katsina, APC or PDM that had already fielded gubernatorial candidates to see how we could assist them and probably defeat PDP, but I was faced with the problem that if I should do that then my aim of being in politics will be defeated.
What I mean is that I went into the contest because I saw governance as an opportunity to further expand on the little things I was doing for my people, then if I should join any other party, that opportunity is missed no matter what I may be given.
The only way I could help the people in Katsina is to be a governor. And if we are to replace the PDP with another party, I wanted assurances that the person coming in as governor will be better than the person we are replacing, but I had no such guarantee. So, I see no reason why I should pursue something I do not believe in.
The third option available to us was to leave politics since we couldn’t get what we wanted and that was not a good option. The final option was to look for a party non-existent in the state and bring it since I have worked extensively and touched the minds of the people in all the polling units.
We have 4,901 polling units in Katsina and at least seven out of every ten households know Tata in each unit. We decided to look for a party and take to the people and that was what we did.

How sure are you that the people will accept APGA?
Since I left the PDP we had that initial problem of putting the party on ground and passing through the necessary INEC procedures, and we were able to surpass all these difficulties.
We now moved into the second phase of taking the party to the people. I can tell you since I joined APGA in the last three to four weeks, I have not gone to Katsina and I have not done any campaigns, but you could be amazed at the acceptance of this party almost all over the state.
I will give you an example; during the permanent voter distribution and registration exercise, an old woman in one village who went to register insisted that she will not thumb print unless she sees a cock, the symbol of our party.
What plans do you have that are better than those of the PDP?
I am convinced that I will do better. I will add to the little amount of money the state is receiving to see how I can lift the people. My main target is to generate independent power in Katsina State and give the state 24 hour electricity supply. I will build 200 megawatts electricity around Daura. Gas will be supplied from Niger Republic to generate thermal power, which I will use to industrialize Katsina.
I have gone through the report of the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN) and I saw the number of industries that closed shops basically because of lack of power. I want to lure the industries by providing them with the necessary incentives and use them to create the necessary demand that will consume my supply agriculturally and mineral resource wise. I want to generate labour and uplift the standard of my people.

Your party has resolved to support Jonathan’s re-election bid, but your posters are seen side-by-side that of Buhari. Why?
I supported Jonathan for almost four years now. And since I joined politics, it has been the same song that it was Jonathan that sent me, and I did my best for my people to understand me, but some people held on to the belief and I felt I should let it go.
I have said it since I left PDP that I will support Buhari and I will vote for him because I have no relationship with PDP whatsoever. If I had it before, it’s gone; I am in a new party. If you see my posters with the pictures of Buhari, it is the people that decided to vote for APGA in the governorship race and Buhari in the presidential election.
I don’t even know them for me to stop them and I pray that Buhari does not take offence. I heard that APGA had adopted Jonathan as its candidate, but you don’t expect me to be a governor in Katsina and behave like the governor of Imo State or you expect me to run the state like Lagos.

You and Labaran Maku defected to APGA at the same time, what is your relationship with him?
The only thing common between us is that if you look at the 26 political parties that are registered by INEC, and you are to choose one, coming from the backgrounds we came from; agrarian and half literate backgrounds, you discover that it is only APGA that has the symbol, picture of a cock that you can take to the people.
Maku was a minister under PDP government and I was nobody. Maku knew the good side of PDP and now he is seeing the bad side of it, but I only know the bad side of PDP.

There were allegations that security forces were involved in election rigging in the past. Are you confident that this year’s election will be free and fair?
Scientific rigging does not really involve the security forces; actual rigging starts from voter registration and you do not require any security to do that. Other stages of rigging such as distribution of material and collation of votes needed no security forces.
In my local government area, Dutsinma, we have 143 polling units and there were less than one hundred policemen in the area. So, the security forces do not even have the capacity to rig elections and one policeman cannot determine the outcome of an election in a polling unit that has over one thousand people.
With the technology available now, you can circulate election results at any polling unit without anybody seeing. So, I don’t have fears on the security agents and I believe in the sincerity of INEC chairman, Professor Attahiru Jega.
The Katsina state government is planning to manipulate the election not through the security agents but by sponsoring hoodlums to disrupt elections with security backups. They bought vehicles for that mission and I have a recorded speech of a party leader on the plans. They will not succeed because for the first time, we have four governorship candidates and we shall all do our best to safeguard the process.
Do you foresee an opposition party winning election at the state and federal levels in the future elections?
The PDP of today is almost running into extinction and this year’s election will prove what I said. For reasons best known to me, it is either the people in Abuja don’t know politics or they don’t want to know politics. You don’t stay in one place and allow charlatans to determine your fate. I doubt if such party, no matter the resources and security it has, will win elections.
Nigerians are not servants and PDP will lose elections. In 2011, Governor Shema was the campaign coordinator of Jonathan in the North West region but could not get the 25 per cent vote required in his state. I wonder how Shema can win election. PDP is gradually moving out of Nigeria, God Willing.

http://dailytrust.com.ng/daily/politics/43925-why-i-m-campaigning-with-buhari-s-posters-tata
Re: APGA Governorship Candidate Campagns Openly For Buhari by Iruobean(m): 10:33am On Jan 09, 2015
FTC. FebuhaRi 14th.

2 Likes

Re: APGA Governorship Candidate Campagns Openly For Buhari by Nobody: 10:34am On Jan 09, 2015
For reasons best known to me, it is either the people in Abuja don’t know politics or they don’t want to know politics. You don’t stay in one place and allow charlatans to determine your fate. I doubt if such party, no matter the resources and security it has, will win elections.
Everybody is saying the same thing. What is the definition of clueless @ Donphilopus and Omenka?

1 Like

Re: APGA Governorship Candidate Campagns Openly For Buhari by johncreek: 10:37am On Jan 09, 2015
That means the World is coming to an end.
If Buhari win ehh!
Hell will be let loose.
Re: APGA Governorship Candidate Campagns Openly For Buhari by Elslim: 10:42am On Jan 09, 2015
johncreek:
If Buhari win ehh!
Hell will be let loose.
Pls how old are u wen buhari was d former head of state in Nigeria?

Meanwhile
Sai Buhari

1 Like

Re: APGA Governorship Candidate Campagns Openly For Buhari by omenka(m): 11:00am On Jan 09, 2015
barcanista:
Everybody is saying the same thing. What is the definition of clueless?
Jonathan and his handlers represent everything that is wrong with Nigeria. I feel so ashamed whenever I see that man addressing the public especially when he's doing so without reading from a script.

I wonder how his "students" besides Mama Peace coped with him in the past.

1 Like

Re: APGA Governorship Candidate Campagns Openly For Buhari by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 09, 2015
omenka:
Jonathan and his handlers represent everything that is wrong with Nigeria. I feel so ashamed whenever I see that man addressing the public especially when he's doing so without reading from a script.

Which students? Have you heard of anybody that passed through Jonathan whether in RivCoE or Uniport? All those he taught are failures in their respective field except mama peace who became permanent Secretary in absentia in Bayelsa state.

1 Like

Re: APGA Governorship Candidate Campagns Openly For Buhari by donphilopus: 11:05am On Jan 09, 2015
barcanista:
Everybody is saying the same thing. What is the definition of clueless @ Donphilopus and Omenka?

One is said to be clueless when he lacks knowledge, understanding, or ability.

Jonathan doesn't understand Politics. He doesn't know what it means to be a President of a Nation like Nigeria. His inability to take decisions also asserts his cluelessness. The APGA Governorship Candidate has said it all.

1 Like

Re: APGA Governorship Candidate Campagns Openly For Buhari by Redoil: 11:05am On Jan 09, 2015
omenka:

be patient do not kill ur self just wait till valentin's day i beg you for the frustation is bogging you barcanista donphilopus and buhari down. Start consoling ur self with insult against jonathan.

2 Likes

Re: APGA Governorship Candidate Campagns Openly For Buhari by Oklander: 11:08am On Jan 09, 2015
Gobe
Re: APGA Governorship Candidate Campagns Openly For Buhari by Nobody: 11:10am On Jan 09, 2015
donphilopus:

One is said to be clueless when he lacks knowledge, understanding, or ability.

Jonathan doesn't understand Politics. He doesn't know what it means to be a President of a Nation like Nigeria. His inability to take decisions also asserts his cluelessness. The APGA Governorship Candidate has said it all.
When APC called him kindergarten leader they said it was "bad belle". Sule Lamido of Jigawa compared him to a "Mad man with lighter in a filling station" they called him hater. Now this Governorship candidate has said the same thing. Only TANists believe Jonathan is an intellectual cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: APGA Governorship Candidate Campagns Openly For Buhari by donphilopus: 11:10am On Jan 09, 2015
The man had to tag the People's General with his poster. Who doesn't know that Jonathan is a certified failure?!

Re: APGA Governorship Candidate Campagns Openly For Buhari by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 09, 2015
Redoil:
be patient do not kill ur self just wait till valentin's day i beg you for the frustation is bogging you barcanista donphilopus and buhari down. Start consoling ur self with insult against jonathan.
Get well soon brother redoil

1 Like

Re: APGA Governorship Candidate Campagns Openly For Buhari by donphilopus: 11:14am On Jan 09, 2015
barcanista:
When APC called him kindergarten leader they said it was "bad belle". Sule Lamido of Jigawa compared him to a "Mad man with lighter in a filling station" they called him hater. Now this Governorship candidate has said the same thing. Only TANists believe Jonathan is an intellectual cheesy cheesy

Leave them. They think being a PhD Holder in Zoology automatically makes one an intellectual. Every sane fellow knows that Jonathan is a renowned failure!

1 Like

Re: APGA Governorship Candidate Campagns Openly For Buhari by Redoil: 11:14am On Jan 09, 2015
barcanista:
Get well soon brother redoil
bar man, i promise the three of you (omenka donphilopus) a jug of stale redoil to drink for one month on valentine day after buhari have bee squarly defeated
Re: APGA Governorship Candidate Campagns Openly For Buhari by Nobody: 11:15am On Jan 09, 2015
donphilopus:

Leave them. They think being a PhD Holder in Zoology automatically makes one an intellectual. Every sane fellow knows that Jonathan is a renowned failure!
By the way who was Jonathan's project supervisor? That Prof. must be stripped of all his academic title

1 Like

Re: APGA Governorship Candidate Campagns Openly For Buhari by infofta(m): 11:16am On Jan 09, 2015
If Buhari win ehh!
Hell will be let loose.

HEY, YOU HAVE NOTHING TO FEAR IF YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ARE NOT CORRUPT.

BUHARI 2015

1 Like

Re: APGA Governorship Candidate Campagns Openly For Buhari by donphilopus: 11:17am On Jan 09, 2015
Redoil:
bar man, i promise the three of you (omenka donphilopus) a jug of stale redoil to drink for one month on valentine day after buhari have bee squarly defeated

So you're even aware that you're a stale red oil?! It's audible to the deaf, visible to the blind and vocal to the dumb that GEJ is already on his way out of Aso Rock. TANdroids have been encouraging themselves wrongly!

3 Likes

Re: APGA Governorship Candidate Campagns Openly For Buhari by Nobody: 11:17am On Jan 09, 2015
Muhammadu Buhari allll the way com 14 feBuhari

1 Like

Re: APGA Governorship Candidate Campagns Openly For Buhari by donphilopus: 11:20am On Jan 09, 2015
barcanista:
By the way who was Jonathan's project supervisor? That Prof. must have need to be stripped of all his academic title

No doubt, Jonathan inherits the Supervisor's cluelessness! cheesy

1 Like

Re: APGA Governorship Candidate Campagns Openly For Buhari by meracool(m): 11:26am On Jan 09, 2015
Sadly No one wants to associate himself with GEJ..

1 Like

Re: APGA Governorship Candidate Campagns Openly For Buhari by Nobody: 11:26am On Jan 09, 2015
donphilopus:

No doubt, Jonathan inherits the Supervisor's cluelessness! cheesy
He may even be clueless on election day to vote for broom instead of umbrella cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: APGA Governorship Candidate Campagns Openly For Buhari by donphilopus: 11:32am On Jan 09, 2015
barcanista:
He may even be clueless on election day to vote for broom instead of umbrella cheesy cheesy cheesy

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: APGA Governorship Candidate Campagns Openly For Buhari by kellystech(m): 11:42am On Jan 09, 2015
Ok

1 Like

Re: APGA Governorship Candidate Campagns Openly For Buhari by MrTeymee(m): 11:44am On Jan 09, 2015
This is the biggest opposition the ruling party has ever faced. They must be shitting in deir pants ryt now lool

2 Likes

Re: APGA Governorship Candidate Campagns Openly For Buhari by donmalcolm21(m): 11:51am On Jan 09, 2015
The man is confused
Re: APGA Governorship Candidate Campagns Openly For Buhari by Eziachi: 12:07pm On Jan 09, 2015
donphilopus:
The man had to tag the People's General with his poster. Who doesn't know that Jonathan is a certified failure?!
It's funny, that was exactly what Rochas did with Jonathan in 2011. In owerri then, his campaign office was drenched with a huge GEJ poster bigger than his,
Jonathan will still win in Imo by a landslide but never the previous 98% turn out and with 99% gain of the vote.
Politician are opportunistic maniacs.
In Rivers State Jonathan will also have a landslide , but not in the magnitude of 2011.
In the governorship race, Amaechi had his work cut out. Wike is from the biggest grouping in the state and his deputy is from the second largest group-Ijaw and Mrs Jonathan people in Okrika will back Wike based purely on Nigeria tribal loyalty.

APC candidate is from the minority and his deputy too. And the disappointed Ogoni people who thought that they will be supplying the APC candidate doesn't help.
For Peterside to win, he had to gain at least 60% of the vote in Port Harcourt city to stand a chance, which is almost impossible and then hope for a miracle of rigging, maybe.
Re: APGA Governorship Candidate Campagns Openly For Buhari by Scatterboss(m): 12:21pm On Jan 09, 2015
Otuoke straight....

Re: APGA Governorship Candidate Campagns Openly For Buhari by Phame: 12:27pm On Jan 09, 2015
barcanista:
Which students? Have you heard of anybody that passed through Jonathan whether in RivCoE or Uniport? All those he taught are failures in their respective field except mama peace who became permanent Secretary in absentia in Bayelsa state.
grin grin grin
Re: APGA Governorship Candidate Campagns Openly For Buhari by Redoil: 12:39pm On Jan 09, 2015
donphilopus:

So you're even aware that you're a stale red oil?! It's audible to the deaf, visible to the blind and vocal to the dumb that GEJ is already on his way out of Aso Rock. TANdroids have been encouraging themselves wrongly!
clown just shut the go out and shut the door

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Has A Double-digit Lead Over Jonathan In The NFR House 2 House Polls / Why I Won't Make My Assets Public – President Jonathan / Navy Denies Killing MASSOB Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.