Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,119 members, 7,867,240 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 12:42 PM

What The Nigerian Businessman/manufacturer Should Know - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What The Nigerian Businessman/manufacturer Should Know (720 Views)

U.S. Based Businessman To Set Up $2bn Dollar Modular Refinery In Edo / EFCC: Billionaire Businessman, Tunde Ayeni Regain Freedom / Businessman's Wooden Safe Caught Fire In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What The Nigerian Businessman/manufacturer Should Know by chronique(m): 12:08pm On Jan 09, 2015
I'd try as much as possible to be concise and direct about my points here.

Sometime last year,I walked into one of these PEP shops in Lagos to see what products they had. It was my first time entering there. I checked a good no of their clothes and I didn't like the quality. I moved over to where they had shoes,snickers and slippers and I saw a fine slippers with the "made in Nigeria" inscription on it. I was proud the makers were representing the country and since the quality was fair,I picked the slippers for around 2k. I also picked two other snickers made by the same company. The company's name is "SOUL". Yesterday,I passed by the shop and decided to see what they had. I saw they had two fine snickers made by the same "SOUL" company and I picked them up. This morning,I decided to examine the shoes and I saw "made in China" and this didn't go down well with me. I didn't purchase them cos I wanted cheap China shoes;no. I bought them cos I wanted to buy a made in Nigeria product and support our local manufacturers. What this means is that,my money has gone to one Xia Chung Cho in China,not a Chuks Okechukwu in Nigeria.

Nigerian manufacturers should be proud to write made in Nigeria on their products. I have seen very good looking products that one can tell,was made in Nigeria,branded with made in Italy or made in US. This is totally uncalled for. Yes,I want to wear a Salvatore Ferragamo shirt but that wouldn't stop me from buying a shirt made by a Nigerian called Aremu Segun and branded as "Arseg clothiers". Packaging and branding is what would bring out the beauty in a product.

The "SOUL" company has definitely lost me as a client as I do not intend to go there and buy a made in China shoe. Don't get me wrong,there's nothing wrong with made in China products;China manufactures for lots of big American brands. My only reason for purchasing the SOUL product,was the local content factor. Otherwise,I would have stuck with the popular American Nike and Adidas brands.

If you're a manufacturer and you have good products and can package them well,don't be scared of writing made in Nigeria on it. There are lots of people out there,wishing to patronise you.

1 Like

Re: What The Nigerian Businessman/manufacturer Should Know by Pavore9: 2:02pm On Jan 09, 2015
When the quality is good, the manufacturer should be bold to show off its Nigerian origin.

1 Like

Re: What The Nigerian Businessman/manufacturer Should Know by chronique(m): 2:06pm On Jan 09, 2015
Exactly. Once it's good,I don't care if it was made here. I'd gladly purchase it.
Pavore9:
When the quality is good, the manufacturer should be bold to show off its Nigerian origin.
Re: What The Nigerian Businessman/manufacturer Should Know by Horus(m): 10:41am On Jun 10, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfOsaCdPk4Y

[size=14pt]Abdullahi Says Nigerian Must Patronize Indigenous Product[/size]
Re: What The Nigerian Businessman/manufacturer Should Know by chronique(m): 12:02pm On Jun 10, 2016
Yes;does lalasticlala agree?

(1) (Reply)

. / Those Days When Gej's Name Was JEGA (picture) / Goats (ogufe) Wanted In Large Quantities In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.