Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,608 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:56 AM

The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP (25585 Views)

Photos Of Makarfi & His PDP Led Faction Members At Supreme Court Today / Hausa Man Contests For Councillor In Ebonyi Under PDP (Photos) / Picture Of Umuojima Road In Aba Under Construction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by 9jaIhail(m): 6:07pm On Jan 09, 2015
iiichidodo:
My guy you can vote out PDP for Governorship and if you are truly nwafor then you vote in PDP for President..simple..the little patronage you get from this republic will be swept away if an Islamic hardliner takes over power.

Your message was short but powerful. I am no longer active here and those of you who are still here should never allow some lagos born igbos to mislead you lot. These Lagos born igbos are more Nigerian than igbo.

8 Likes

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by explorer250(m): 6:09pm On Jan 09, 2015
@shachris03
shachris03:

Speak for yourself sir. The igbos of today are more enlightened than you think. A discussion with a trader in St Micheal market aba opened my eyes.
sir, pls speak for yourself also. We igbos are not voting Gej because he is from ss, our neighbour or because he is a christain, we are voting him simply because he has served us right. He might not be the best man for the presidency,but for now,he is the best and far more better than buhari.

3 Likes

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by asha80(m): 6:14pm On Jan 09, 2015
Vote Alex otti...simple

3 Likes

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by Samchelsea(m): 6:15pm On Jan 09, 2015
My brother I understand your pain, am from Enugu and we have been blessed enough to have had two successful government in power and it wasn't all about Jonathan making them successful but anyone who has the love of his people at heart will not let them down....ORJI Uzor Kalu tried for Abia but his successor has been woeful to say the least and I can say that the blame can't be laid on d doors of the federal govt because the man is simply not good enough to be the governor but the people voted him/he rigged his way in....so you shouldn't make it look like anything PDP is bad....you people should try by all means to vote for an individual with honest character and not party affiliation this time around
Good bless

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by Eziachi: 6:15pm On Jan 09, 2015
Numismatic:

And I sampled the opinion of more than 6 commercial keke drivers and all of them said the will never vote for buhari, I also asked them if they will vote and if they have their voters cards, all answered in affirmative..funny thing is was that I asked them if they are aware that Buhari was coming to Owerri, they all shouted, to do what!..buhari can never win in the south east! Whether you want to believe it or not , let's wait till february, no need to be arguing here
Show us the certificate of this opinion poll of yours.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by 9jaIhail(m): 6:17pm On Jan 09, 2015
shachris03:

your ethnic sentiments is not allowing you to reason straight. GEJ has failed us, you admit, yet we should still vote him? Got me thinking, do we as igbos enjoy pain? I want to ask you something, which era did the igbos receive all the massive amenities that they now enjoy? Most of the roads in igbo land, during which era were they built? I don't know where you get your facts bro, but GEJ is not representing any ibo interest. He is just there for himself and his Ijaw nation. A sensible igbo would endorse competence before tribal affiliations. Its high time we drop the civil war stigma.

You are totally wrong my friend, non of those roads was built by GMB, and what is your criteria for competence? Is GMB the messiah you lot are waiting for? Again i ask, when last have you been called a third class citizen online or offline? My position may appeared tribal, but like i said earlier on, Nigeria politics is all about tribal/regional interest.

4 Likes

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 09, 2015
shachris03:
I am born and brought up in aba. (nwa aba) and like we say, he who wears the shoe knows where it pains.

Since the era of PDP government in aba, a city that used to be the pride of the east has turned to a laughing stock for the whole federation. Aba is now synonymous with bad road. "are your roads as bad as aba's? " This pains me greatly because I know that aba used to have the best roads in the east as a whole. Azikiwe straight to faulks road then to aba owerri roads where model roads that had no patches. Built in the 80s yet lasted, even without maintenance into the 2000s.

I remember when Ariaria market was an international market. people used to come from Lagos, Kaduna, calabar , Ghana, Togo, Cameroon... all west Africa to buy goods from aba. Most companies had their major distributors in aba then.

Then the companies too. in the whole of the east, in terms of industries, after Enugu, you count aba. we had PZ, May baker, Nigerian breweries, Unilever (dad used to work there), aba textile company, vita foam, and many others too numerous to mention.
if you are really a nwa aba you would know that these things I'm saying is true.

Then the housing schemes were working. As long as you are a government worker, you are entitled to own a house if you want. You are given a free land to develop in the world bank estate. You can even borrow a loan to build your house from the mortgage bank. That is how my dad was able to build our home. I mean a poor man is entitled to a house.

We used to have free tap water in those days.

Now what have we seen since after PDP?

Bad roads everywhere you turn. its a fact that no single road in aba is up to standard. Na only wait and take road you see here.

The one that annoys me most is power. you see I live in the middle of two power plants. Geometrics and Alaoji. And I could tell you that since last month, ive not seen any power in my house.

Why the heck is geometries not in operation yet? A 450 million dollars project. Is wickedness Jonathan's nature or is he just a pure badluck?

I'm not an APC supporter but i m sick and tired of PDP and what they are doing to my beautiful city.
The change you need in Aba/Abia starts from you by talking to your circle of friends and also preaching it in your sphere's of contacts. Please amend your statement, there was no time Enugu had more factories or industries more than Aba not even now, Traders are still coming from Lagos, kano, equatorial guinea, togo cameroun ghana to buy things at Aba. Economically Aba is great and the potential is still untapped. To salvage the situation Vote for APGA (Alex Otti)

7 Likes

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by Eziachi: 6:19pm On Jan 09, 2015
9jaIhail:
I might have gone a bit tribal in my submission above but mind you, Nigeria politics is all about tribal/regional interest and it's a high time we igbos think more about igbo interest rather than nationalist.
How does Jonathan presidency translate into an Igbo interest?
What happened to our Gen Ihejirika and Barth Nnaji with GEJ?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by explorer250(m): 6:19pm On Jan 09, 2015
shachris03:

your ethnic sentiments is not allowing you to reason straight. GEJ has failed us, you admit, yet we should still vote him? Got me thinking, do we as igbos enjoy pain? I want to ask you something, which era did the igbos receive all the massive amenities that they now enjoy? Most of the roads in igbo land, during which era were they built? I don't know where you get your facts bro, but GEJ is not representing any ibo interest. He is just there for himself and his Ijaw nation. A sensible igbo would endorse competence before tribal affiliations. Its high time we drop the civil war stigma.
pls he is not being ethnocentric rather he is saying the reality. This is not about civil war,this is politics. Do you think that the west is supporting the north because Gej is not competent? No! Rather they are considering their own interest first. The west knows that the will be the next to rule via osibanjo if Gmb wins the upcoming election and exhaust his tenure. The west knowing fully well that gej will like to sponsor an igbo presidency after his tenure, the played the wise card by backing Gmb. So, bros pls, this is not about enthnicity it is about politics. Besides to me Gej has not failed Nigeria it is just that some people are hell bent on making his administration bad.

4 Likes

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 09, 2015
dejisky:

Typical Igboman . What is APGA what is PDP.
Why do you want to impose the useless apc on him? The best candidate is Alex Otti of APGA, if you don't like it in oshiomole voice go and ...

5 Likes

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 09, 2015
9jaIhail:

You are totally wrong my friend, non of those roads was built by GMB, and what is your criteria for competence? Is GMB the messiah you lot are waiting for? Again i ask, when last have you been called a third class citizen online or offline? My position may appeared tribal, but like i said earlier on, Nigeria politics is all about tribal/regional interest.

Look well, in all my post, i have never mentioned GMB. you guys are speaking of islamic hardliners. But if my memory serves me right, most of the infrastructures that we now enjoy were build for us by your so called islamic hardliners. Had it being that GEJ appreciated our royalty to him, i would be the last person here castigating him. GEJ is not trying for Igbos yet you guys are making him feel like he's the best thing to happen to igbos. Whether now or before, I was never a third class citizen in Nigeria. Don't know about you. I've always being given my due as a Nigerian and has not being discriminated on, in anyway. I have brothers and sisters living and doing business in the North. Igbos make themselves third class citizens when they align with Minorities like Ijaw. Imagine Ijaw of yesterdays are now our grandmasters. It baffles me when the great Ibos nation sell their selves cheap. GEJ will never and has never represented the Igbos. We either fight for our own presidency or we align with competence. Period.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jan 09, 2015
iiichidodo:
My guy you can vote out PDP for Governorship and if you are truly nwafor then you vote in PDP for President..simple..the little patronage you get from this republic will be swept away if an Islamic hardliner takes over power.

I enjoyed more patronage from the islamic republic than i am enjoying under your PDP government.

12 Likes

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 09, 2015
explorer250:
@shachris03

sir, pls speak for yourself also. We igbos are not voting Gej because he is from ss, our neighbour or because he is a christain, we are voting him simply because he has served us right. He might not be the best man for the presidency,but for now,he is the best and far more better than buhari.

How can you be so sure when you have not tried buhari? What is your basis for comparison? Do you think you are being fair?

7 Likes

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by 9jaIhail(m): 6:32pm On Jan 09, 2015
Eziachi:

Pa Eziachi, lately i observed that you have changed from being whom you are to someone else. However, i still hold you with the highest respect as one reasonable elder. But if i must say the truth, you are becoming bias lately. You can be pro APC or you may have special connection with GMB it's just your personal thing and i have no right to question. But that shouldn't be a reason for someone like you to deny the fact that we igbos are not better served under a clueless GEJ than your almighty GMB.

Asking me about Ihejirika and Barth Nnaji. Both men served under GEJ and came out with their heads high.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by iiichidodo: 6:32pm On Jan 09, 2015
shachris03:

I enjoyed more patronage from the islamic republic than i am enjoying under your PDP government.
Fortunately there are very negligible lost/fake igbo folks like yourself roaming around.

3 Likes

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by explorer250(m): 6:33pm On Jan 09, 2015
Eziachi:
sir, ihejirika was not sacked rather he was retired because he was due for it. Kenneth minimah was the next person eligible for the post,afterall he is from ss and our brother. Balt nnaji was dumped because he awarded his company(geometric) a contract without following due process and he was replaced with another igbo from thesame state by the name chinedu nebo

5 Likes

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jan 09, 2015
Samchelsea:
My brother I understand your pain, am from Enugu and we have been blessed enough to have had two successful government in power and it wasn't all about Jonathan making them successful but anyone who has the love of his people at heart will not let them down....ORJI Uzor Kalu tried for Abia but his successor has been woeful to say the least and I can say that the blame can't be laid on d doors of the federal govt because the man is simply not good enough to be the governor but the people voted him/he rigged his way in....so you shouldn't make it look like anything PDP is bad....you people should try by all means to vote for an individual with honest characters and not party affiliation this time around
Good bless

Nwanne m nwoke, TA orji wu ekwensu. I don't even want to go there. I've heard you bro. I would vote for any individual with honest character and forget about party and ethnic affiliations. Ndewo.

5 Likes

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by Yeske2(m): 6:34pm On Jan 09, 2015
explorer250:

ogah he built the aba>owerri>porthacourt expressway for us. Besides no head of state or president has done anything for us even the so called Gmb, rather he stopped the train project in the west due to tribalism. We igbo are progressing even without FG. The train running runing in aba and other south east cities today which i have seen with my eyes, the hospital in my community and in so many communities across south east, the freedom from goods seizure that aba and other igbo importers are enjoying today is because of Gej
Liar

3 Likes

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by Adminisher: 6:36pm On Jan 09, 2015
9jaIhail:

I was reading and was enjoying your writeup until i detected Buharism in you. Listen young man/woman, I am not an Aba brought up but as a confirm nwa afo, every little investment i own today are in aba and owerri. We all feels the pains but do not blame GEJ for the bad leadership in abia because we have a Governor who have served nearly 8yrs in office without achieving anything. It doesn't make sense when you allow your frustration to blind your sense of reasoning. A sensible igbo person will never prefer GMB ahead of GEJ. Igbo people that are supporting GMB are either for their personal gain or party interest. Inasmuch as GEJ failed igbos and other Nigerians in so many areas, i can assure you that igbo interest cannot be better serve under GMB than GEJ. Can we be reasonable enough and not use our hands and fetch an infested fire wood and you know what the consequences will be.

How do we forgot things so easily. Sometimes i feel like to ask, are igbos the most silly and confused creature in the whole universe. How suddenly did we forget our past experiences? How we have been treated by the past presidents and military head of states in Nigeria GMB inclusive until GEJ came on board. Even here in NL, you as an igbo person hardly exchange argument with other tribes without the person calling you a third class citizen. Today, if not for anything GEJ in one way or the other gave igbos some sense of belonging.
My take on Abia state is, we should vote out PDP in Abia and vote massively for GEJ despite hes shortcomings.

By all means possible make sure APGA wins in Abia. I am an APC supporter but that is what my gut feeling tells me. My second advice, stay away from Jonathan. It is better yo abstain from presidential voting than vote for someone like Jonathan. He has had too much greatness thrust upon him and is merely struggling.
He will block the chance of an Ibo presidency for more than two decades besides if he wins which is not possible so it might be double loss for the east as the APC begins to see the region as not their catchment area for votes

10 Likes

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jan 09, 2015
explorer250:

sir, ihejirika was not sacked rather he was retired because he was due for it. Kenneth minimah was the next person eligible for the post,afterall he is from ss and our brother. Balt nnaji was dumped because he awarded his company(geometric) a contract without following due process and he was replaced with another igbo from thesame state by the name chinedu nebo

So you think SSners are your brother? You never read about the civil war bro. Better fight for your own and forget this your make believe familiarity with SSners. They are saboo and would always be saboo.

9 Likes

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by 9jaIhail(m): 6:38pm On Jan 09, 2015
shachris03:

How can you be so sure when you have not tried buhari? What is your basis for comparison? Do you think you are being fair?

Is this the first time this your GMB is coming to lead Nigeria? See, like i said earlier. I was enjoying your writeup until i detected Buharism in it. You lot should just stop acting like this Buhari is just coming for the first time to lead Nigeria. He still remained the old chameleon you and i used to know. I think i have cleared my conscience hence i should get myself out of this thread. Goodnight.

3 Likes

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by Adminisher: 6:40pm On Jan 09, 2015
explorer250:

Na today PDP don dey award contract to themselves?. Good luck made a mistake with Nnaji. He should have asked him to resign then kept him close as a consultant. Professor Nebo is a fine metallurgical and university lecturer but a very bad minister of power.

1 Like

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 09, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
The change you need in Aba/Abia starts from you by talking to your circle of friends and also preaching it in your sphere's of contacts. Please amend your statement, there was no time Enugu had more factories or industries more than Aba not even now, Traders are still coming from Lagos, kano, equatorial guinea, togo cameroun ghana to buy things at Aba. Economically Aba is great and the potential is still untapped. To salvate the situation Vote for APGA (Alex Otti)

Thanks for the amendment sir. I was thinking they were. coolMeaning that i am yet to fully grasp the mightiness of the great ABA of old. Enyimba City must rise again.

1 Like

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 09, 2015
Aba residents won't vote for PDP at the state election, but at the presidential election, aba will massively vote for Jonathan like they did in 2011.

PDP will lose Abia State if another party presents a serious opposition to whoever T.A Orji is trying to enforce on abians

3 Likes

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by amarilo: 6:42pm On Jan 09, 2015
shachris03:

What did GMB do for you when he was the HOS? Just say one. Not only SE but Nigeria in General

2 Likes

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jan 09, 2015
9jaIhail:

Is this the first time this your GMB is coming to lead Nigeria? See, like i said earlier. I was enjoying your writeup until i detected Buharism in it. You lot should just stop acting like this Buhari is just coming for the first time to lead Nigeria. He still remained the old chameleon you and i used to know. I think i have cleared my conscience hence i should get myself out of this thread. Goodnight.

Like i said, i;m not endorsing buhari. I am all up for what is best for the igbos. Same buhari that you are castigating built PTDF structures all across igboland. At least my school is a beneficiary. Ka chi foo, nwanne m.

5 Likes

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jan 09, 2015
shachris03:

So you think SSners are your brother? You never read about the civil war bro. Better fight for your own and forget this your make believe familiarity with SSners. They are saboo and would always be saboo.
Minimah ia our own, he is from Opobo town, Opobo identify with Igbo a whole lot. That's why you have a lot of them at Aba.

1 Like

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by Adminisher: 6:44pm On Jan 09, 2015
shachris03:

Goodluck is the worst sabo. Vote for Buhari and see development. They will take Aba and remake it. Nnewi will be better than China Guangdong. Enugu will be a resort town that people go to relax their nerves, Onitsha will have true skyscraper not wanna be. A place like Owerri will be a tourist haven.

You guys don't know what you are missing.

7 Likes

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jan 09, 2015
shachris03:

Thanks for the amendment sir. I was thinking they were. coolMeaning that i am yet to fully grasp the mightiness of the great ABA of old. Enyimba City must rise again.
You are welcome bro
Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jan 09, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
Minimah ia our own, he is from Opobo town, Opobo identify with Igbo a whole lot. That's why you have a lot of them at Aba.

So true. Many of them inter-married with the Ngwa people of Aba. Most of them have come to live permanently in Ngwaland. But i still thing that their allegiance is more with their SS brothers than with us. When push turns to shove, do you think they can still stand with us against their own brothers?

1 Like

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by Adminisher: 6:46pm On Jan 09, 2015
CaptainOjemba:

Tell Minimah he is not performing anymore. Let him not follow them to share money. Boko Haram can be defeated in 2 months. No prolonging of war to make money. It is a sin against God.

6 Likes

Re: The State Of Aba Under PDP Led Government: A Call To Reject PDP by asha80(m): 6:47pm On Jan 09, 2015
Adminisher:

Goodluck is the worst sabo. Vote for Buhari and see development. They will take Aba and remake it. Nnewi will be better than China Guangdong. Enugu will be a resort town that people go to relax their nerves, Onitsha will have true skyscraper not wanna be. A place like Owerri will be a tourist haven.

You guys don't know what you are missing.
please can you explain how he would di these...i am all ears .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

DASUKIGATE: Jonathan ’s Headache: SUN / Atiku’s Exit: Accept My Sympathy, Buhari Tells Odigie-Oyegun / Why We Endorsed Buhari For Second Term – Seven Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.