Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,751 members, 7,865,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 08:54 AM

Yar Adua And Pdp Are Yoruba Haters: Yoruba want to join the Republic of Benin - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar Adua And Pdp Are Yoruba Haters: Yoruba want to join the Republic of Benin (5144 Views)

Why Members Of PDP Are Mostly Arrested In The Ongoing Fight Against Corruption / Tinubu: Yoruba Want The Sgf And Cos / Why Jonathan, PDP Are Angry With Jega – Punch Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yar Adua And Pdp Are Yoruba Haters: Yoruba want to join the Republic of Benin by asha80(m): 7:43pm On Dec 22, 2008
THATS BESIDES THE POINT MR!!did any of these yoruba pioneers persecute the ibo tradersa resounding NO!

For the first time in this NL Lucabrasi you did not argue with sense here.Why should they persecute the igbo traders that bought their slots.Did the Igbo traders buy the slots at gun point?
Re: Yar Adua And Pdp Are Yoruba Haters: Yoruba want to join the Republic of Benin by Tcrack(m): 7:54pm On Dec 22, 2008
@ poster
I wont go into the yar adua and PDP issue for the sake of one nigeria but you must be a clown to say Yorubas want to join Benin republic. Which yoruba, You and your village? Where did you get such nonesence from? Only Lagos is worth more than the whole of Benin republic.Benin Republic has NOTHING to add to us so why would we want to join them or should i say them to join us? Think carefully before you post topic abeg.
Re: Yar Adua And Pdp Are Yoruba Haters: Yoruba want to join the Republic of Benin by DaLover(m): 9:33pm On Dec 22, 2008
kiss
BecomeRich:

yemmye So Jonathan claim Igbo. Not kano state. (joke)

And dalover, Please I have heard the nonsense the yoruba control the economy, which economy,  The one that the per  head is $1000.  Which economy,  So Yorubas also control the economy in Kano, port harcourt, Abuja or maiduguri. or Jos,  be serious. You are not talking to a fool.

The Yorubas only control the economy in their domain. Anything out of their domain is control by others.

On indiginalization, where are the companies that  indiginalization affect. They have all closed them and left the country. can you name any, 

If they economy of Nigeria failed it is the fault of northerner. they were in charge of appointment, they put square pegs in round holes.  Like someone with Arabic degree to manage a bank.

You claim 5 thing obasanjo did.  "Accelerated industrialisation of the Ota area"  Are you Ok. Ota have alway been there before Obasanjo came to power. Obasanjo never did anything in ota. name what Obasanjo did in ota. Did he build an airport in ota or did he build companies in Ota, 

On LNG you are not inform. Ondo state have oil and gas. And that was the reason they sited the company there. There is no single pipe running from delta state to ondo state. Go and verify your information.

Which control of shipping is that. It tell you how stupid northerner can be, how can you locate the headquater of the shipping company to the desert. Now did obasanjo relocate the Atlantic ocean.  abeg. i assume God put the atlantic ocean there.

What boundry adjustment ?? So ilaje people are now from delta state. 

"""He quickly replaced the GMD of NNPC with a yoruba man""  So since Obasanjo quickly replace the GMD with a Yorubaman. The obasanjo now order him to give every Yorubaman free kerosine and petrol abi,  You sound dumb.

""majority of the yorubas ""  Who are the majority Yorubas you are talking about, Less than 50,000 men is majority who benefit from contract from abuja,  So in your country 50,000 men are majority,  Olodo ,  Majority is 99% who have no good road, majority is 99% who have no good education. Majority is 99% who have no good health facilities. majority is 99% who income is less than $1000 a month. Like you said you are speak for yourself who go to Aso rock to beg for contract,  So you people are majority. ?/ look my friend you are just an Aso rock begger.

You need to read one part of the word of God , that says slave ride on horse while king walk on foot. Tell me ,  Are you the one who is suppose to be begging fulani for contract or is it not fulani man that should be begging you for contract. Oma se.  go and think about this.

I would like to believe that this is a child writing or at most, an adult with a childs mentality.

For instance you take objection to the fact that I backstabing activities of the yoruba political class, and insist that the issue is with the yoruba masses. But you then turn around to blame the entire hausa race for the wrong doings of their political class.
It is on this basis u r advocating leaving the nigerian project. y
Don't you know how awolowo backstabed Ojukwu to maintain one Nigeria. Your childish tots threaten to wipe away all that effort.
Or maybe I am the stupid one, maybe the political configuration Benin republic is ripe with potential minoritties to be backstabed and decieved.

At the nationak constitutional confab the Obj monkey everybody knew everyone elses position.

The positions of the reps were largely in largely in line with people from their regions.

The northerners wanted to maintain control and status quo. The south south wanted resourse control, the east cried neglect and  magibalisation. Our dear west pretended to support the rest of the south until it was time to play hard ball.

After all this a child frm no where will say yorubas should leave nigeeria with the additional insult of adding edo and delta states. Like someone said earrlier IT SHALL BE BLOOD ON THE DANCE FLOOR.

You just cant do that.
What you should be thinking is how the mass number of intelligent yoruba can create opportunies for us the un inteligent ones,

not by carving ijaw teritory into yours
not by stifling efforts to locate adequate seaports, airports because they are minoritiess
and definately not by ensuring lagos is the start and stop off all things good in nigeria.

Shipping headquarters as an adninistrative building can be located any where. If the nigerdeltans allowed NNPC headqusrters in lagos, headquarters of a company controling billions. It that not selfishness at its prime.

When nigeria started as a young country Lagos was carved out as special for all nigerian, that ideology lead federal govt into massive infrastructural develoment of the place. It was not considered a state, it was run by a ministery and a minister. Along the line, after so much federal devlopment, the yorubas insisted that lagos should be counted as one of the yoruba states. Today northerners are fighting to convert abuja to a nothern state. How can we then fault them? where is the moral basis?

I an oppurtuned to work in the oil industry. It is a total washout here. Yorubas control everything going on here, based on the same claim that inteligence is naturaly bestoled on them. With their influences all the majors have masive operational offices in lagos, please note that this situations existed long before militant issues came into ND. From there contrracts and employnent were awarded froom lagos. LNG

LNG requires a massive amount of gas to functionl, but the Obj monkey along with funsho of nnpc and yoruba leaders of chevroon decided to place the project btw ondo and ogun states. A gas pipeeline does not exist now but there are plans to build one as ondo gas alone is too iinsuficient for the purpose. In additio nits location will be too far  and expeensive for major deep offshore fields like boonga to supply.

But then, I guess this reasons pale into insignificance when there is a neeed to keep yorubas ahead of the rest at all cost.

I am just one of those uninteligent nigerian.
Re: Yar Adua And Pdp Are Yoruba Haters: Yoruba want to join the Republic of Benin by tpia: 11:02pm On Dec 22, 2008
Becomerich=Nigeria1.

Am I wrong?
Re: Yar Adua And Pdp Are Yoruba Haters: Yoruba want to join the Republic of Benin by RibaduFan(m): 11:18pm On Dec 22, 2008
Tpia

O ko ju abe nko. U just nail it.
Re: Yar Adua And Pdp Are Yoruba Haters: Yoruba want to join the Republic of Benin by auwal87(m): 11:55pm On Dec 22, 2008
Sorry, is Education missing in the Budget?
Re: Yar Adua And Pdp Are Yoruba Haters: Yoruba want to join the Republic of Benin by NegroNtns(m): 12:32am On Dec 23, 2008
BecomeRich,

Let's see, you want to create a Yoruba Nation. . .

Go back and study history of the Yoruba Nations before colonialism. Ife was both the political seat of power and the spiritual home. Out of Ife came seven dynastic powers. It is a fact that out of all the tribal groups in Nigeria the Yorubas were the most civilized and strongest in military, political and economic might.

You hear and read in history that Usman Dan Fodio reformed Hausaland into seven political states and called them Hausa Bakwai (Seven Hausa States). Well, if they are Hausa States why then are they ruled by Fulanis? Each state was ruled by a Fulani Emir but why then is Sokoto not an Emirate, why is it a Sultanate?

Here is what you never hear; Usman dan Fodio used the Yoruba government structure as a model to create the Hausa bakwai and their Emirates and like Ile-Ife the seat of Yoruba sovereignty, he made Sokoto the seat of sovereign power. A Sultan has direct power, an Emir has delegated power. Much as he would have loved to, he could not make Sokoto a spiritual center because then he would be in violation of Islamic injunction that all Muslims face East to Meccah as the spiritual center.

Centuries before Dan Fodio's reformation of the Hausaland, Ile-Ife had been the sovereign power and spiritual home for all of Yorubaland and out of Ife came seven confederacy governments - Ibini, Illa, Ketu, Owu, Oyo, Popo and Sabe. Ibini (Benin) and Oyo expanded and became individual empires themselves. The two became so powerful that Oyo in time became a direct challenge to Ile Ife. Even though Benin occupies Edoland, the monarchy ruling that empire is an Ile Ife lineage and its spiritual root is in Ife.

It is believed that Oduduwa's father, Lamurudu , came from an Eastern culture. To know more on the ancenstry go here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-157544.0.html There is an obelisk in Ile - Ife. That obelisk is the spiritual connection that ties all the seven Yoruba states and their dominions together. Let me take time to explain a significant aspect of spiritualism here. In Yoruba monarchy, the name ADE was a reserve of royal lineage. In Bini monarchy, Aken was similarly a reserve of royal lineage. In fact, Lagos monarchy was the descendant through Oba Esigie of Bini, through Esikpa his son who became the first Eleko of Eko because calling him an Oba will be a challenge to his living father in Bini and after him came Addo who then was enthroned as the first Oba of Lagos. His son was Akinsemoyin. Now, Aken has been changed to Akin. Then you have Akintoye and now the ruling King is from the Akiolu house. Where do they get the name Ade, Aken or Akin from and what is the significance of the Obelisk?

Go and look into Egyptian/Kushites/Axum history and it will all tie together. But I went into all these deliberately to show why it would be wrong for Yorubas of Nigeria to merge with Yorubas of Benin, Togo and Ghana. You must know your past, the present before you can advance successfully. Learn your history and know who thou art. First, we hold the spiritual center for the Yoruba deities, the seat of Yoruba political government and the military commands of war - Three Empires of the Yoruba Kingdom all located here in Nigeria. All Yorubas elsewhere need to join us here and not the other way around. Second, Yoruba tradition and religion is practiced all over the globe now and the practitioners unanimously acknowledge Ile-ife as a spiritual center. You can see Ile-Ife as a center of spiritual pilgrimage. So where are you going? Where do you want to move to?

Bottom line, if you think moving out of Nigeria to form another nation will resolve your problems, you are mistaken. In life, obstacles must be seen as a stepping stone to improved understanding, increased awareness, growth and success. It is not wrong to fail. It is only wrong to fail and not know how to prevent a repeat of the failure. If we can't learn and resolve the obstacles that face us Yorubas in Nigeria, then if we encounter those same obstacles after becoming an entity state we still would not know how to solve it and who do we blame then? Instead of removing obstacles, we are fond of seeking alternative as a quick get away. So our children come along behind us and since we left the obstacle unresolved, they in turn encounter the same problem and look to us for solution but we didn't learn the lessons that tackling the obstacle should have taught us, so we are clueless and not to appear stupid, we offer them our alternative solution. Their own children comes along to the same path and same obstacle. . . and they in turn do what their parents did, and so we continue in this doomed circle of repititions, no knowledge gained. A man marries one wife and could not handle her so he seeks solution by marrying a second one; as if the problem would then dissapear. All he has done is multiplied the problems!
Re: Yar Adua And Pdp Are Yoruba Haters: Yoruba want to join the Republic of Benin by BecomeRich: 12:41am On Dec 23, 2008
Dalover, I know you are from the north the way you write. The yorubas would say, " because you want to eat a cow, it does not mean you have to call a cow , your brother.

First of all who is the man in the middle of picture. What does he represent to the yorubas. have you ever heard of the presentative of odua.

Tell your other aso rock begger to  go public in the newspaper in nigeria and declare they do not want yorubas to be part of the republic of benin. And let see if in 72 hours they would not relocate to permanently with thier family to abuja. Can anybody dare the majority 99% .  tell that person, if they would not burn down his ill gotten wealth from fulani.

Or have you or other forget what will happen to you. and what happen to you minority in 1983. All your ill gotten wealth from fulani/hausa would be burn down . Go and ask Akin omoboriowo. how it feel before.

Wa , ki lo pe Orunko re , yemmye ko ni. Se ofe  mola ni.  To ba se pe o fe mola. we would not because of 1 person destroy the future of 60 million. Ni gba ti ore se re se Okunre wa. Ma gbe Idire tore.

mr computer village, o ni shop kan, so Iyan gbodo je Yoruba.

Orun po ni inu iwe kobo, yoruba ma so pe, bi oni di, obire o ki je ekumolu.  Eru wa di oba. Oba wa di eru.
Re: Yar Adua And Pdp Are Yoruba Haters: Yoruba want to join the Republic of Benin by lucabrasi(m): 3:48am On Dec 23, 2008
asha 80:

For the first time in this NL Lucabrasi you did not argue with sense here.Why should they persecute the igbo traders that bought their slots.Did the Igbo traders buy the slots at gun point?
while i let the insult slide this time,i think you should have read the comment that prompted that retort from me before telling me im not making sense,however if you dont have time to do so then below s part of the comments made by romeo that prompted me calling attention to the fact that ibo businessmen are doing their businesses without any fear or harrasement, below is the statement made by romeo,unless you agree that the ibos are not safe doing business in lagos like he is infering

Ladipo closed (Is it open now?)
Alaba under threat
Computer village closed and re-opened after hefty loss.

I am confussed.

Igbos are not safe anywhere in this Nigeria except in our Region
Re: Yar Adua And Pdp Are Yoruba Haters: Yoruba want to join the Republic of Benin by lucabrasi(m): 3:59am On Dec 23, 2008
@negro mtn
brilliant write up!!
in addition i personally think before yorubas will start to advocate for a seperate nation,they have to really deal with the disunity,infightings and betrayals between the yoruba leaders,till today afenifere have different factions, outside of that, tinubu has a faction,gbenga daniel another,the so called states men like akinjide,olunloyo e.t.c all belong to different splinter groups and till today still fighting and that is just one part of yoruba land just abeokuta not even a whole state they are not united talk less of the whole of ogun state,oyo state have their own drama,same as ekiti,ondo e.t.c
how anyone can advocate for a seperate nation in view of all these still eludes me,at least the ibos are united even the hausas too compared to the yorubas
@becomerich
you have not addressed the leadership at all,who will be the leaders after joining benin republic,or are you also advocating that the present president will rule over the whole of the yoruba race?
Re: Yar Adua And Pdp Are Yoruba Haters: Yoruba want to join the Republic of Benin by BecomeRich: 1:24pm On Dec 23, 2008
lucabrasi , what concern agbro with overload. Wetin be your business in Yoruba affair. And you are not igbo. I know that, if you be igbo speak igbo. you are a northerner trying to cause trouble between yoruba and igbos. That what you people do. We love the igbos. They have been wonderful neighbour. And we shall make sure they would be well taken care of.

And we have no fight with them. And wish the igbos the best. In thier decision.

lucabrasi , I start a nigeria program many years ago. Do you know I invited 5 Igbos to the program. And the refuse to attend. One of them was close friend of mine, He privately inform me, that no igbo man who have political ambition would attend my program. You want to know why, because it would destroy thier reputation among Igbos. Over 90% of igbos are pro biafra. So i know you are not Igbo. but a northerner. Speak Igbo.
Re: Yar Adua And Pdp Are Yoruba Haters: Yoruba want to join the Republic of Benin by KnowAll(m): 2:31pm On Dec 23, 2008
Benin Demographics

Google - Benin Republic demograhics

The largest ethnic group are the Fon, with 1.7 million speakers of the Fon language (2001), followed by the various Yoruba groups (1.2 million), the Aja (600,000), the Bariba (460,000), the Ayizo (330,000), the Fulbe (also known as Fulani, Peul and Fula) (310,000), and the Gun (240,000). Near the ports in the south can be found many people who are descended from returned Brazilian slaves. There are also small numbers of Europeans, principally French, and people from the western Asia, mainly Lebanese, and East Asia, chiefly Indians.
Reasons Why we cannot join Benin Republic

1. The Origin of the Yorubas is not in Benin Rep but in Ile-Ife, so it makes sense if any yoruba tribe anywhere want to unite with their ancestral homeland they join up with where you have the majority of Yorubas and that is Nigeria. We cannot join a smaller or fringe groups it just does not make any sense.
The European jews after the war in 1945 went back to their ancestral home in the palestine.

2. If you look at the extract taken from the Demographic break-down of Benin you well appreciate the usage of the language there are various Yoruba groups e.g Aja, the Bariba, the ayizo, . This groups are not necessary yoruba in the true sense they are like you saying Edos are Yoruba, Edos originate from Yorubaland through Oronmiyan but are not Yorubas, same thing Igbiras in Kogi state and Nupes in Niger state could be describe as a Yoruba sub-group but are not Yorubas in the real sense. The Old Oyo empire extended all the way to Kontagora in Niger state and covered places like present day Lokoja.

3. So using the statics available as a breakdown the ajas are probably the most Yorubas and they are 600,000 out of a population of 7,041,490 IN
2003 pop census projected growth 2008 based on 2.68% is 8,294, 941.

So the Ajas are = 600,000/7,041,490 X 100/1 = 8.52%

Going by this analysis I think I was generous given the Yorubas a figure of 20% of the pop in my earlier post.
Re: Yar Adua And Pdp Are Yoruba Haters: Yoruba want to join the Republic of Benin by KnowAll(m): 2:47pm On Dec 23, 2008
You will have to appreciate that like any political affilation anywhere in the world sub-groups to come together to dislodge a majority that is the reason
why you have a true yoruba president in Benin Rep today. Your enemy is my enemy syndrome. Do you know that the Igbo language is sub-grouped under Bantu languages, and I am sure u know most Igbos have nothing similar to people of Gabon, Cameroun, and Zaire other bantu-sub language groups.
Re: Yar Adua And Pdp Are Yoruba Haters: Yoruba want to join the Republic of Benin by BecomeRich: 4:55pm On Dec 23, 2008
That good , you make my work easy. I am busy this morning. but let me help you.

Now you claim Yorubas are 1.2 million and the aja are really yorubas. but they have mix other mostly but their origin is yorubas.   It makes 1.8 million, 
The bariba originate from the yorubas. Even Oyo Ajaka started from them. google. I forgot the name of the place. So when you add it to it.  you have 2.26million ( 33%)  Do not forget their are other group which you did not list. that originate from the yoruba. just a few are  Gedevi, Ije ,Ohiri etc. you have 50% .  So when you add all this I am correct. don't forget nearly 80% 6 million live in the south and are related.

fon are what we call egun in nigeria(lagos)  so we are talking about uniting 80% of the county.
Re: Yar Adua And Pdp Are Yoruba Haters: Yoruba want to join the Republic of Benin by KnowAll(m): 5:03pm On Dec 23, 2008
@BecomeRich

You are not getting it a Yoruba sub group is not Yoruba, just as Edo and Igbirra can be classified as a Yoruba sub-group it does not necessirily make them Yorubas and they will tell u categorically that they are not Yorubas.
Re: Yar Adua And Pdp Are Yoruba Haters: Yoruba want to join the Republic of Benin by BecomeRich: 5:13pm On Dec 23, 2008
Ok. I get you now. you are wrong. yoruba that is spoken now is Oyo . languages is not what define who is a Yoruba person . It is the origin that define who a yoruba person is. Okun language, EKITI OR AKOKO or ondo can also claim they are not yoruba because Ijebuman would not understand them. It is origin that makes you a yoruba.

Many of our children born abroad do not speak yoruba but they have thier origin as Yorubas. that makes them a yoruba person. Yoruba is define based on origin and not language
Re: Yar Adua And Pdp Are Yoruba Haters: Yoruba want to join the Republic of Benin by KnowAll(m): 5:20pm On Dec 23, 2008
Languages In Rep Of Benin

Over half the people speak Fon. Yoruba, Mina, Bariba and Dendi are the other important languages. French is the official language. Beside the French language, English is necessarily one of the two foreign languages taught in secondary schools.

Greetings in Fon - Good morning: AH-FON Ghan-Jee-Ah - In Yoruba - e ka ro - I dont think these 2 are the same.

- Good evening: Kou Do Bah Dah -  In Yoruba - E ku irole- this is also not the same

- How are you: Ah-Doh Ghan-Jee-Ah - in Yoruba - Bawo ni, or She ara le

- Thank you: Ah-Wah-Nou - In Yoruba ese, ese pupo

- Good bye: OH-Dah-Boh - This is were Fon and Yoruba are similar - o da boh in Yoruba.

The same can be said with Hausa and Yoruba when saying -  how is your well being there are similarities

In Hausa - Lafia gi and in Yoruba she alafia ni does that make the 2 languages the same.
Re: Yar Adua And Pdp Are Yoruba Haters: Yoruba want to join the Republic of Benin by lucabrasi(m): 2:02am On Dec 24, 2008
BecomeRich:

lucabrasi , what concern agbro with overload. Wetin be your business in Yoruba affair. And you are not igbo. I know that, if you be igbo speak igbo. you are a northerner trying to cause trouble between yoruba and igbos. That what you people do. We love the igbos. They have been wonderful neighbour. And we shall make sure they would be well taken care of.

And we have no fight with them. And wish the igbos the best. In their decision.

lucabrasi , I start a nigeria program many years ago. Do you know I invited 5 Igbos to the program. And the refuse to attend. One of them was close friend of mine, He privately inform me, that no igbo man who have political ambition would attend my program. You want to know why, because it would destroy their reputation among Igbos. Over 90% of igbos are pro biafra. So i know you are not Igbo. but a northerner. Speak Igbo.
lol well i dont see myself in the light of a particular tribe but as a nigerian hence the reason for not affiliating myself or my views to a particular tribe,so ill leave you to your own surmissions as to what tribe i am,while im not disputing the fact that some ibos refused to attend your programme because you are yoruba,personally i still think they are not a reflection of all ibos and they certainly do not represent all ibos, anyone who has that kind of mindset in this day and age is ignorant and a religious bigot btw hope you realise that orji uzor kalu was close friends with them tinubu(yoruba) hausa before,during and after his campaigns
Re: Yar Adua And Pdp Are Yoruba Haters: Yoruba want to join the Republic of Benin by BecomeRich: 6:09am On Dec 24, 2008
No, they did not attend, not because I am yoruba, but because the issue was on Nigeria unity. And they claim. that as an Igbo man, you would not win an election in Igboland. If you are see talking about Nigeria unity. You have to be pro biafra to win. and most igbos I know all my life. Are pro biafra. And they talk about bold.

Even I have not met up to 10 Igbos that is pro Nigeria. So why the useless talk of unity in Nigeria. one of the people is a famour Nigerian with PHD. You would be shock if I tell you who.

I thank God I do not live in Nigeria. there is no hope for you people. This government would destroy all of your lifes. Sorry. Una no get home. We would be praying for you abroad. that God would show is power. I really pity you people. You people do not deserve this.
Re: Yar Adua And Pdp Are Yoruba Haters: Yoruba want to join the Republic of Benin by hollandis(f): 7:45am On Dec 24, 2008
BecomeRich:

I thank God I do not live in Nigeria. there is no hope for you people. This government would destroy all of your lifes. Sorry. Una no get home. We would be praying for you abroad. that God would show is power. I really pity you people. You people do not deserve this.
Why should you still exhibit a high level of ignorance?I wonder the kind of work you do abroad because you are beginning to act like a demented asshole
Re: Yar Adua And Pdp Are Yoruba Haters: Yoruba want to join the Republic of Benin by Uche2005: 7:38pm On Dec 24, 2008
hollandis , you are a useless woman. an ashawo in holland or where you dey. be ashawo you be. holland ashawo why dont you come back to nigeria.
Re: Yar Adua And Pdp Are Yoruba Haters: Yoruba want to join the Republic of Benin by lucabrasi(m): 7:47pm On Dec 24, 2008
BecomeRich:

No, they did not attend, not because I am yoruba, but because the issue was on Nigeria unity. And they claim. that as an Igbo man, you would not win an election in Igboland. If you are see talking about Nigeria unity. You have to be pro biafra to win. and most igbos I know all my life. Are pro biafra. And they talk about bold.

Even I have not met up to 10 Igbos that is pro Nigeria. So why the useless talk of unity in Nigeria. one of the people is a famour Nigerian with PHD. You would be shock if I tell you who.

like i said earlier,these are the ibos you have met,the ibos i have met and still associate with are neither pro biafra nor do they hate either hausas or ibos, i cant mention names as well but a friend of mine whose dad is full fulani and one of the prominent politicians during the obj tenure is going out with a girl from anambra and ne of the daughters of a contoversial politician there, not uba
i know ibo girls who are engaged or just gf to yoruba guys as well so what r u on about??

and you are totally sure i live in nigeria right? grin grin grin
dude,you r hillarious grin
@hollandis
i hear you
Re: Yar Adua And Pdp Are Yoruba Haters: Yoruba want to join the Republic of Benin by geolabious(m): 7:58pm On Dec 24, 2008
[size=13pt]Format Plenty ABoki[/size]
Re: Yar Adua And Pdp Are Yoruba Haters: Yoruba want to join the Republic of Benin by Uche2005: 4:18am On Dec 25, 2008
let the idiot go.
Re: Yar Adua And Pdp Are Yoruba Haters: Yoruba want to join the Republic of Benin by Uche2005: 3:01pm On Dec 25, 2008
holland ashawo , you run
Re: Yar Adua And Pdp Are Yoruba Haters: Yoruba want to join the Republic of Benin by Uche2005: 8:20pm On Dec 25, 2008
So they did that to that poor igbo girl.
Re: Yar Adua And Pdp Are Yoruba Haters: Yoruba want to join the Republic of Benin by BecomeRich: 1:59am On Dec 28, 2008
lucabrasi you are wrong. Take this for me. 90% are pro biafra. that 90% of igbos would prefer to be citizen of biafra and not nigeria.
Re: Yar Adua And Pdp Are Yoruba Haters: Yoruba want to join the Republic of Benin by BecomeRich: 2:32am On Dec 28, 2008
this is for knowall

add more about itsekiri and yorubas.

WORDS IN ITSEKIRI ITS MEANING IN ENGLISH YORUBA

Afoju A blind person Yoruba Afoju
Afere Air, Wind, Breeze Yoruba Afefe
Adan Bats Ada

Asisaso Rags Yoruba Akisa aso
Aso Clothes of all types Yoruba Aso

Atitan Refuse Dump Yoruba Etitan

Ekutele Rat, Mice (all specie) Yoruba Ekutele

Egungun Fairy, Evil Spirit Yoruba Egungun

Erin a.k.a. Yemeriko, Eni Elephant Yoruba Erin
Ekeregbe Goats (all sexes and family) Yoruba Ekeregbe

Eyen Palm (used generally) including bunch of fruit Yoruba Eye
Eligbo Aged person (all sexes) Yoruba Arogbo

Etu (Animal) Antelope Yoruba Etu
Ejen a.k.a. Isangi, Abaghari Blood Yoruba Eje

Iguru a.k.a Akala Vulture Yoruba Igugu

Ikoko Cocoyam ikoko

Ipere Nails (all brands) Yoruba Ipere(small snail)

Isu a.k.a. Orusun Yam (all varieties) Yoruba Isu

Obi Kola nut (all species) Yoruba Obi

Ogede (Ogede-Oyibo) Banana (all varieties) Yoruba Ogede

Oroli Roof top Yoruba Ore ile
Origho Head (Human) top (generally) Yoruba Ori (oriwo(ondo state))

Ojiji Shadow Yoruba Ojiji

Omo-ojo (omojo) Young snakes (all species) Yoruba Omo ejo
Oron World beyond, heaven, death Yoruba oru
Ose Soap (all brands) Yoruba ose

Ugba Gourd/Calabash Yoruba Egba

Uru Tail, bottom Yoruba eru
Uwan Tongue Yoruba awan

ITSEKIRI ENGLISH

1. Mene One yoruba okan
2. Meji Two yoruba meji
3. Meta Three yoruba meta
4. Meren Four yoruba mere
5. Maru Five yoruba maru
6. Mefa Six yoruba mefa
7. Meje Seven yoruba meje
8. Mejo Eight yoruba mejo
9. Mesan Nine yoruba mesan
10. Megwa Ten yoruba mewa

The Itsekiris names

Abidemi ---------Yoruba -------Abidemi

Omasan -------------------------------------Yoruba-----Omosan

Bemigho ------------------------------------- ---Yoruba ----Bamiwo
Oritsegbubemi ------------- -----Yoruba---- orisagbemi
Gbubemi ----------- -- ---Yoruba--oluwagbemi
Onetoritsebawoete Bawo or Ete
Oritsetimeyin ---------- ----------------- Yoruba--orisatimileyin
Oti or Timeyin ---------------------------Yoruba ---Timileyin
Oritseweyinmi Weyinmi -----------------------Yoruba---Orisayemi
Oritsejolomi Jolomi ---------------------------Yoruba(ilaje)---orisajolomi
Oritsematosan Tosan -- ---------- ------Yoruba---orisatosi
Eyituoyo
Tuoyo -----------------------------------Yoruba ------Toyo
Mogbeyiteren
Mogbeyi ---------------------------- --Yoruba---Omogbeyi
Eyimofe -----------------------------------Yoruba---Eyimofe
Re: Yar Adua And Pdp Are Yoruba Haters: Yoruba want to join the Republic of Benin by Charlesmud(m): 7:54pm On Jan 02, 2009
I dont see why splitting aprt is a problem, after all the igbos are complaining of their oil and stuffs. Hausas wey no get anything , na dem yappa for government pass and just dey take money wey no be their resources.

Anyway if Yorubas wanna split away,. I no see why anyone should be angry here, una go keep una oil and enjoy the money wella so whats the problems,

Currently Nigeria cant be resaolved with this tribal issue, hausas, yorubas, and Igbos and everyone wants power and some claim the own the wealth while some just use the money for their benefit, its just the easiest to split so as everybody to know where they stand.
Re: Yar Adua And Pdp Are Yoruba Haters: Yoruba want to join the Republic of Benin by Looklike2: 5:10am On Jan 09, 2009
not

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oando Denies Benefiting From Oil Subsidy, Claims N4bn Outstanding / List Of Those That Donated N98million For His GEJ's Form - Cramjones / DMO Releases States External Debts As At Dec 31st 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.