Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,318 members, 7,867,858 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 05:21 AM

The Rejection Of The Centenary Note In Some Part Of Ibadan - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Rejection Of The Centenary Note In Some Part Of Ibadan (588 Views)

Photos Of The University Of Ibadan Student Who Jumped To Her Death / Lecturer Marking Students' Note In One Of The Prestigious Universities(photo) / A Petition On The Rejection Of Unilag's Student Union Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Rejection Of The Centenary Note In Some Part Of Ibadan by MIO93(m): 8:20pm On Jan 09, 2015
It has been observed that some sets of misinformed individuals are rejecting the new 100 notes recently put in circulation by the Nigerian government to celebrate the centenary anniversary of the nation, The reason for these I don't knw yet. I witnessed one myself today as I was on my way to Mokola,Ibadan. A passenger in the cab I boarded plainly and clearly rejected the note as a change from the driver, and I think this is possibly because she has never seen the note before and she could not trust the driver wether it is original or fake, another passenger sitting right beside also warned the driver not to even think of giving her the note as a change because she will reject it as well and she appeared to be a young lady probably in her early twenties +a lil bit Behind, on why she would refuse the note I don't know, the driver later gave the note to me as change and asked in yoruba that 'abi eyi na o ni gba ni?' Ofcourse I will and I did. Recommendation though: I think the government needs to put in more effort in enlightening the masses as regards the notes, perhaps more of public awareness and radio broadcasts in native languages to tell traders especially market women more about the note and the need not to reject it. This is how the total rejection of coins started too. You as a person should enlighten a soul too, don't wait till it gets to your turn before you take it to be your duty as Nigerian. Just imagine yourself trying to pay a bike with the centenary note as the last change on you what will you do if he should reject the money?
My first post on NL tho, hope this make frontpage. If it does, be expecting my piece on the oyo guber race soooonest.
M.I.O
Re: The Rejection Of The Centenary Note In Some Part Of Ibadan by 0700Jesse(m): 8:22pm On Jan 09, 2015
They keep changing the face of the note yet the naira keeps losing value,
1dollar = 194naira
Re: The Rejection Of The Centenary Note In Some Part Of Ibadan by carlmerz(m): 8:50pm On Jan 09, 2015
Does the face really matter as much as its value.
Btw They should sensitize the public.
Re: The Rejection Of The Centenary Note In Some Part Of Ibadan by Redoil: 10:01pm On Jan 09, 2015
0700Jesse:
They keep changing the face of the note yet the naira keeps losing value,
1d 194naira
those people are very backward

(1) (Reply)

Ijmb / BEYOND GRADES: Other Things That Matter To Employers / How To Apply For KWASU HND Conversion Porgramme Application Form Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.