Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

New SWIFT Data Plans Unlimited Data! - Technology Market (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / New SWIFT Data Plans Unlimited Data! (25795 Views)

Visafone Blackberry Bold 5 - N16,000. Unlimited Data, Wifi Hotspot. / Visafone Blackberry Curve7 With Unlimited Data Plan. N12,000 / Visafone Blackberry Curve 4-unlimited Data, Wifi Hotspot N10,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New SWIFT Data Plans Unlimited Data! by lanre2009: 6:00am On Mar 27, 2015
ONWARDBABA:
tanx sir hope i wont be chraged

Nope. Every download is totally free grin grin grin
Re: New SWIFT Data Plans Unlimited Data! by rainmaker12(m): 3:18am On Apr 13, 2015
Is this swift midnight unlimited still working? I tried it but my data was deducted. Anytin else?
Re: New SWIFT Data Plans Unlimited Data! by lanre2009: 3:06pm On Apr 13, 2015
rainmaker12:
Is this swift midnight unlimited still working? I tried it but my data was deducted. Anytin else?

it is still working, just call their customer care to tell you how to go about changing your data plan to the one for free night downloading. Cheers!
Re: New SWIFT Data Plans Unlimited Data! by Azo(m): 3:25pm On Apr 13, 2015
rainmaker12:

avoid browsing or downloading between 5 and 6am they will deduct ur data. Happened to me severally before I detected.

1 Like

Re: New SWIFT Data Plans Unlimited Data! by Ojisik(m): 10:54pm On Jun 19, 2015
einsteino:

well for peeps like me who can't afford to pay for 100gb downloads, this is awesome. it's simple, do the browsing in the daytime and qeue your downloads. then at night leave your pc downloading and set timer while you sleep.

by the way when is swift going to spread to other parts of nigeria?

Please can you describe in details how to do this?
Re: New SWIFT Data Plans Unlimited Data! by dynamitee: 4:32am On Jun 25, 2015
Nigerian businesses can be scammers sometimes. This is my own experience with this plan. When it first started, it was great. The download speed at night was so fast that I did not mind that it was 12 to 6 (basically the only time I have to sleep). However, of recent the speed has reduced drastically. If You Try And DOWNLOAD during The Day With Your Own Data, THE Speed Is High And Fine And Normal. However, once it is 12 am and you are trying to Download for free, you start getting speeds of 40-50kbs. Yesterday was worse.... my torrents were downloading in bytes. I have been trying to download a 2.8gb file since Saturday.

Personally, I have decided I'll observe the plan till my data expires and if it's still this stingy night speed that they are giving me, it's not worth it mehnnnn. I'll carry my brother''s spectranet modem and recharge 4k for 20gb. I can do that twice in a month for 40gb rather than spend the same 8k on 14gb and free but slow night time downloads.
My 2cents sha, but me I get option. Na smile kuku better pass, but their data plans dey kill person wallet ehnnn!

3 Likes

Re: New SWIFT Data Plans Unlimited Data! by olalekanba(m): 6:11am On Jun 25, 2015
Does anyone experience this; it sometimes hits into the 14gb day plan
Re: New SWIFT Data Plans Unlimited Data! by olalekanba(m): 6:14am On Jun 25, 2015
dimdim001:

swift ntwrk allows u use 1 data acct on 2 diff modems

This plan do not, l wanted to buy another modem and add to my current account and they didn't allow it.
Re: New SWIFT Data Plans Unlimited Data! by Suntemi(m): 8:46am On Jun 25, 2015
olalekanba:
Does anyone experience this; it sometimes hits into the 14gb day plan

You right, if you call their CC they will return it to your account.

To avoid this situation, always disconnect your devices before 6:00am. DO NOT OFF THE MODEM ITSELF.
Re: New SWIFT Data Plans Unlimited Data! by Suntemi(m): 8:51am On Jun 25, 2015
dynamitee, I do also notice slow speed, but that's always between 12am and 1am maybe because everyone is up at that time "purging" the Internet.
Re: New SWIFT Data Plans Unlimited Data! by olalekanba(m): 4:22pm On Jun 25, 2015
but am enjoying the service, I hope they don't cancel the plan.
Re: New SWIFT Data Plans Unlimited Data! by dynamitee: 10:01pm On Jun 25, 2015
My brother, me I notice it from 12 to 5:55 which is when I set my alarm to wake up. I queue my downloads at 12 and go to sleep. I tend to sleep and wake a lot especially now that it's Ramadan season... and the speed is the same and by 5:55 I will be lucky if I have downloaded up to 300mb in 6hours.
Suntemi:
dynamitee, I do also notice slow speed, but that's always between 12am and 1am maybe because everyone is up at that time "purging" the Internet.
Re: New SWIFT Data Plans Unlimited Data! by malikalhaj: 11:36am On Jun 26, 2015
dynamitee:
My brother, me I notice it from 12 to 5:55 which is when I set my alarm to wake up. I queue my downloads at 12 and go to sleep. I tend to sleep and wake a lot especially now that it's Ramadan season... and the speed is the same and by 5:55 I will be lucky if I have downloaded up to 300mb in 6hours.
it must be your area, cos even on my Xbox i get over 1MB/s and i have just 3 bars in my area, my bro gets over 3.5MB/s (5bars) on his Xbox . . . and it's more than that when i download on my system using IDM
Re: New SWIFT Data Plans Unlimited Data! by dynamitee: 8:24am On Jun 27, 2015
Loooool.... I live in gbagada. Swift has a mast here, so As long as I am home, I get full bars. I am not sure if it is possible to get 3.5mb /s anywhere since I think their limit is 2mb/s... but I'll take your word for it. If it was my area I would always have low speed.... it won't be only at night. Last night I got 300and something kb/s.... that's the highest nightime speed in a week. Finally finished downloading my 2.8gb file. Yesterday I streamed YouTube videos during the day with no noticeable buffer time at all. Trust me, it's not my area. Unless you are saying the mast in my area only works with daylight. I thought it was my system but my brother complained about the same thing when using my modem.
malikalhaj:

it must be your area, cos even on my Xbox i get over 1MB/s and i have just 3 bars in my area, my bro gets over 3.5MB/s (5bars) on his Xbox . . . and it's more than that when i download on my system using IDM
Re: New SWIFT Data Plans Unlimited Data! by dazekid(m): 9:11am On Jun 27, 2015
dynamitee:
Loooool.... I live in gbagada. Swift has a mast here, so As long as I am home, I get full bars. I am not sure if it is possible to get 3.5mb /s anywhere since I think their limit is 2mb/s... but I'll take your word for it. If it was my area I would always have low speed.... it won't be only at night. Last night I got 300and something kb/s.... that's the highest nightime speed in a week. Finally finished downloading my 2.8gb file. Yesterday I streamed YouTube videos during the day with no noticeable buffer time at all. Trust me, it's not my area. Unless you are saying the mast in my area only works with daylight. I thought it was my system but my brother complained about the same thing when using my modem.

I get 1-2MBps at home on 3 bars, but I get up to 6MBps in my church on Sundays. Church is St Leo's Catholic Church so you don't even need to take my word for it, you can go there and verify for yourself.
Re: New SWIFT Data Plans Unlimited Data! by malikalhaj: 9:12am On Jun 27, 2015
dynamitee:
then I guess it's ur device cos this is a proof of downloads peed using IDM at my brother's

Re: New SWIFT Data Plans Unlimited Data! by dynamitee: 10:57am On Jun 27, 2015
If that is swift then that's awesome. I am happy for you. But I don't experience that. It's not my device either. I have two laptops and an android device and I thought maybe the system was the problem and I tried the other one and my phone.... same disappointing speeds only at night. Same thing my brother experiences.

At the author below, I have no idea where St. Leo''s is. There are a few catholic churches around here and frankly, all catholic churches sound exactly the same to me... probably because they all have saint in their names.
malikalhaj:

then I guess it's ur device cos this is a proof of downloads peed using IDM at my brother's
Re: New SWIFT Data Plans Unlimited Data! by lanre2009: 11:44am On Jun 27, 2015
St Leo's Catholic Church is at Toyin Street, Ikeja, Lagos.

dynamitee:
If that is swift then that's awesome. I am happy for you. But I don't experience that. It's not my device either. I have two laptops and an android device and I thought maybe the system was the problem and I tried the other one and my phone.... same disappointing speeds only at night. Same thing my brother experiences.

At the author below, I have no idea where St. Leo''s is. There are a few catholic churches around here and frankly, all catholic churches sound exactly the same to me... probably because they all have saint in their names.
Re: New SWIFT Data Plans Unlimited Data! by Suntemi(m): 9:31pm On Jun 27, 2015
dazekid:

I get 1-2MBps at home on 3 bars, but I get up to 6MBps in my church on Sundays. Church is St Leo's Catholic Church so you don't even need to take my word for it, you can go there and verify for yourself.

Abeg where's that church located?
Re: New SWIFT Data Plans Unlimited Data! by makavele: 10:04pm On Jun 27, 2015
dynamitee:

it's ur area . . i get about 3.5 - 4.0 MB/s on swift .. at any given time . . morning oh, afternoon oh, night ohhhh . rainfall or sunshine !!!
Re: New SWIFT Data Plans Unlimited Data! by dynamitee: 9:48am On Jun 28, 2015
My area started having slow download speed only at night despite having full network bars, just 6 months after I started subscribing to a plan that allows me unlimited night downloads? Yeah that makes sense.

Look, this ain't a competition, you have said your experience and I have said mine. I mentioned yesterday that it improved a bit.
I never said it was always slow, I don't think I have gotten more than 2mb/s but I don't monitor downloads unless they are ridiculously slow. My brother said he has gotten 3mb/s before on my modem, so swift is generally not slow. However, in the last few weeks, I have not gotten up to 500kb/s at night. Daytime speeds are still normal swift speed.... but BTW 12 and 6... watching my downloads is like watching grass grow, whether it is on my phone or my laptop. That's my experience.

I have no agenda here, just saying it as it is.
makavele:

it's ur area . . i get about 3.5 - 4.0 MB/s on swift .. at any given time . . morning oh, afternoon oh, night ohhhh . rainfall or sunshine !!!
Re: New SWIFT Data Plans Unlimited Data! by dynamitee: 9:51am On Jun 28, 2015
Okay. I promise you by next week I would tell you st Leo's is probably beside my house. The names just run together in my head...
but thanks for trying to reduce my ignorance
lanre2009:
St Leo's Catholic Church is at Toyin Street, Ikeja, Lagos.

Re: New SWIFT Data Plans Unlimited Data! by FullDepth1: 4:01pm On Aug 10, 2015
Silly guys have dumped the Topic of discuss to talk about Speed of Internet..

Is it still working Unlimited, at nights? (12-5/6) ?

Can you change your plan to this new one?

Answer !
Re: New SWIFT Data Plans Unlimited Data! by lanre2009: 5:18pm On Aug 10, 2015
FullDepth1:
Silly guys have dumped the Topic of discuss to talk about Speed of Internet..

Is it still working Unlimited, at nights? (12-5/6) ?

Can you change your plan to this new one?

Answer !

It still works and you can switch from other plans to this new one
Re: New SWIFT Data Plans Unlimited Data! by Suntemi(m): 3:42pm On Aug 11, 2015
U called us "silly" and want us to answer u? Shouldn't speed be part of bandwidth discussion?

Anyway I called Swift weeks back and they said one CAN'T switch to this plan from another again. They even said new customers can't get on this plan as they no longer offer the plan to new subscribers.

Re: New SWIFT Data Plans Unlimited Data! by FullDepth1: 11:49pm On Aug 16, 2015
lanre2009:

It still works and you can switch from other plans to this new one

Thanks Lanre.

Could you help me in the Plan Name, and Price?

Although, i just paid for the 6k for 20Gb... I would switch after this one is exhausted
Re: New SWIFT Data Plans Unlimited Data! by lanre2009: 4:13am On Aug 17, 2015
FullDepth1:

Thanks Lanre.

Could you help me in the Plan Name, and Price?

Although, i just paid for the 6k for 20Gb... I would switch after this one is exhausted

The name of the plan is Swift Essential Plus and it costs N8,000.00 per month. It comes with 14gb for day browsing and unlimited download from 12am - 6am. But during the period of the night browsing they still deduct some of your 14gb data, although its not much. cheers!
Re: New SWIFT Data Plans Unlimited Data! by malikalhaj: 8:21am On Aug 17, 2015
Saddam:
@dynamitee:

Get a 4G LTE antenna and Enjoy Good Speed on ur Swift
how much? contact details
Re: New SWIFT Data Plans Unlimited Data! by tomistic2000(m): 2:58am On Aug 23, 2015
Casual shoes @ ur doorstep. only @ Drakes Outfits. log on to [url]/drake-fashion-enterprise[/url] to order for your now

Re: New SWIFT Data Plans Unlimited Data! by iCloud(m): 10:10am On Aug 23, 2015
Saddam:
@dynamitee:

Get a 4G LTE antenna and Enjoy Good Speed on ur Swift

I want to buy what is the cost?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Even Dead Laptops Have A Value @ Trade-up Your Laptop Or Trade-in Today / Why Lg’s Gen Cool Inverter V Is The Most Complete Air Conditioning Solution / (www.emdeelink.com) The Easiest And Cheapest Way To Subscribe Your Data, Airtime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.