Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,755 members, 7,813,503 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

The Lies In Agriculture Sector - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / The Lies In Agriculture Sector (925 Views)

FG To Launch N59.7bn Youth-in-agriculture Scheme In September / The Lies Can Stop Now! "Buhari Did Not Overthrow My Government" - Shagari / ''the Lies Of AIT And GEJ In Their Buhari Documentary'' - El-rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Lies In Agriculture Sector by bilms(m): 12:11pm On Jan 10, 2015
THE LIES IN AGRICULTURE SECTOR:

The government of Goodluck Jonathan is riddled with lies. They told us Nigeria produced over 3.1 million tons of rice in 2013-2014, making Nigeria one of Africa's largest rice producer. They told us about the OFADA rice, EBONYI rice, ABAKALIKI rice, etc. Yet during the just concluded Xmas season, our markets was filled with imported parboiled rice from China, India, USA, Thailand, etc. The worst of it all is, even the FG could not patronize the so called made in Nigeria rice and they imported over over 2 million bags of rice from Thailand and China to share as Xmas gift to federal civil servants all across the nation. The question thus, what happened to the made in Nigeria rice? Where are the said 3.1 million tons of rice? Na only inside Aso Rock Villa them they chop am? Another lie they told is the cassava bread. Please when was the last time anyone saw or ate cassava bread? Which shops are they sold? Who are the bakers? What happened to the approved N10 billion cassava bread fund? Who and who got this money and why are they not producing? The cassava bread scam is one of the things that exemplifies this government with it's fake polices made just to loot the treasury. As it stands, na only Mr. President, his family and his ministers dey chop cassava bread inside the villa. Another lie is, they claim they have dis-centralized the provision of fertilizer to farmers and every farmer in the country can get fertilizer freely anytime they want it, without going through any middle man and that was very commendable. Yet the truth on ground is for the past 7 months, from June 2014, farmers can't get their hands on fertilizers due to racketeering and hording. What happened to the said mobile phone systems put in place to allow farmers get alert right in their bedrooms when and where to pick their fertilizers? Abi network no dey enter those phones again? These and many more are the lies of Goodluck Jonathan as championed by the minister of agriculture, Akinwumi Adesina. A government of liars.

2 Likes

Re: The Lies In Agriculture Sector by hyfr(m): 12:15pm On Jan 10, 2015
I don't get u OP, u doubt they produce rice in nigeria or they have cassava bread?? Only your 3rd point is what I concur with, though I doubt it cos other sources could say its real
Re: The Lies In Agriculture Sector by francizy(m): 12:18pm On Jan 10, 2015
When I served in Benue state last two years, I noticed a trend..

People over there love purchasing their own rice because its cheaper than the imported ones. However, I couldn't trust that rice since I was already used to eating imported ones. Some people are actually making efforts in the area of rice production but it will take quit a lot to get individuals to start purchasing those products.

Having said that, FG got it all wrong purchasing foreign rice. They should have invested more in ensuring better local products, purchasing local products which will in turn encourage more Nigerians to purchase local products.

That is Nigeria for you.
Re: The Lies In Agriculture Sector by bilms(m): 12:34pm On Jan 10, 2015
smiley smiley
Re: The Lies In Agriculture Sector by LagosBoi2(m): 12:43pm On Jan 10, 2015
We farmers knows the stories are lies.

Ask all Nairaland farmers if they get any help from the federal govt, they will tell you
Re: The Lies In Agriculture Sector by oduastates: 12:50pm On Jan 10, 2015
Mr it seem that you are a learner.
You have a government whose only trick is presentation.
Most of what they do, or claim to have done is nothing but a facade.
Re: The Lies In Agriculture Sector by bilms(m): 1:22pm On Jan 10, 2015
hum
Re: The Lies In Agriculture Sector by SweetyZinta(f): 1:52pm On Jan 10, 2015
Chai! We've suffered. Mr President as it is now ehnnn... Safe journey 2 otuoke
Re: The Lies In Agriculture Sector by bilms(m): 2:37pm On Jan 10, 2015
lol
Re: The Lies In Agriculture Sector by Jeezyy(m): 2:46pm On Jan 10, 2015
I don't even understand why Nigeria as a country produces 3.1mill tons of rice but we can't consume what we produce. Is that not the height of hipocrisy. What we need is a re orientation to start doing the right thing
Re: The Lies In Agriculture Sector by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jan 10, 2015
OP You must be a learner in Nigeria. Firstly, Nigerians have a natural apathy and dislike for local made products so what rice sellers do is re-bagging popularly known as "operation". They buy the locally milled rice, remove about 5 'derica' from it, put it in a foreign bag and reseal it. Don't blame the traders, people like you prefer buying 'operation' rice to EbonyGold. If you need proof go to Alaba International A line, Ojo barracks mammy market, suru alaba old F line and see where they print the "operation" bags. Then visit Alaba Rago behind the money changers and see the "operation" live. LOL.

OP you've been eating local rice without noticing, that i can assure you. I can't say about your other arguements cos i'm not a farmer or a baker but they sell cassava bread at shoprite and other supermarts, you should try it.

1 Like

Re: The Lies In Agriculture Sector by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 10, 2015
I beg make persin answer me. The rice wey oga GEJ wan share for campaign, na local or na foreign rice?
Re: The Lies In Agriculture Sector by bilms(m): 1:14am On Jan 11, 2015
hum
Re: The Lies In Agriculture Sector by bilms(m): 10:24am On Jan 11, 2015
cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Tiny Wild Flowers / 104 Cell Nursery/seedling Trays Available In Ibadan / Scientists In Nigeria: Yam Tubers Now Grown On Trees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.