Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,959 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

Fatal Security Flaw In All Versions Of Internet Explorer - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Fatal Security Flaw In All Versions Of Internet Explorer (3053 Views)

Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer / List Of Top 10 Countries By Number Of Internet Users (naija Made The List) / Closed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fatal Security Flaw In All Versions Of Internet Explorer by Okd1: 7:34am On Dec 18, 2008
MOZILLA FIRE FOX , SECOUNDLY , OPERA .

Re: Fatal Security Flaw In All Versions Of Internet Explorer by DoubleN(m): 8:56am On Dec 18, 2008
Google chrome rocks! Quoted as the fastest browser so far!As for Internet explorer,Bill gates and co need to get their act right.
Re: Fatal Security Flaw In All Versions Of Internet Explorer by Seun(m): 10:26am On Dec 18, 2008
A new version of Opera has been released, with security updates.

Microsoft has released a patch for Internet Explorer.

You can download it here:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms08-078.mspx

Just lick the link corresponding to your operating system and IE version.

The one for IE7 and Windows XP is here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=0190a289-164e-41a7-8c01-fa1aaed3f531&displaylang=en
Re: Fatal Security Flaw In All Versions Of Internet Explorer by Mustay(m): 11:30am On Dec 18, 2008
THERE ARE SEVERAL ADD-ONS on Mozilla that can block add-ons et al (e.g AdBlock). The security features of Mozilla with the several add-ons are enough to have a "safe" browsing.
Re: Fatal Security Flaw In All Versions Of Internet Explorer by comechop(m): 7:48pm On Dec 19, 2008
Firefox is nice but it hoggs up toooo much system resources, cant stand that, !
Re: Fatal Security Flaw In All Versions Of Internet Explorer by netotse(m): 1:34am On Dec 20, 2008
i'm using google's chrome, it cool
Re: Fatal Security Flaw In All Versions Of Internet Explorer by samir101ng(m): 5:33am On Dec 20, 2008
And the browser wars continue.  grin grin grin Personally, am a Mozilla Firefox D-I-E H-A-R-D user. For those complaining of Mozilla Firefox consuming too much resources, it shouldnt be a big problem in this age where we have laptops with 4GB RAM and Intel Core2Duo CPU's. Best of all, i love the plugins. Mozilla Firefox is like a Swiss army knife. Different plugins add different functionalities to it. Also, Firefox has been around for a while and has therefore experienced the jungle warfare of viruses and exploits unlike some new baby browsers just coming on the scene.
Re: Fatal Security Flaw In All Versions Of Internet Explorer by Nobody: 2:13pm On Dec 20, 2008
@t-boy.
I agree.Macs are the most stable OS after Unix.
All this thrash windows(Microsoft) offers us has got to stop
Re: Fatal Security Flaw In All Versions Of Internet Explorer by amor4ce(m): 5:09am On Dec 21, 2008
@Eastbay
mac OSX is fully compliant with regards to UNIX technology and can run any POSIX-compliant source code. Leopard is an Open Brand UNIX 03 Registered Product, conforming to the SUSv3 and POSIX 1003.1 specifications for the C API, Shell Utilities, and Threads. Since Leopard can compile and run all your existing UNIX code, you can deploy it in environments that demand full conformance — complete with hooks to maintain compatibility with existing software.
Re: Fatal Security Flaw In All Versions Of Internet Explorer by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 21, 2008
comechop:

Firefox is nice but it hoggs up toooo much system resources, can't stand that, !

You need to upgrade your PC, there is nothing like that
Firefox is one of the less memory consuming softwares on my computer
Re: Fatal Security Flaw In All Versions Of Internet Explorer by lynxnoon(m): 2:56pm On Dec 21, 2008
FIREFOX, Safari n Crazybrowser(once in a while)(r pple stil using IE?? grin grin)
Re: Fatal Security Flaw In All Versions Of Internet Explorer by donpaulo(m): 12:17pm On Dec 22, 2008
this is serious!!! shocked

never knew this was a major problem. i'd been using IE all this while until i started seeing a name that looked like that of a terrorist whenever i clicked on the IE icon, "Ahsan Masan Khan Bhuta" internet explorer. this now made me raise an alarm and enquired from my younger bro who is an IT security expert.
He now adviced i switched to firefox cos the IE thing was a worldwide problem. i mean it was so bad that whoever the guy or the virus was renamed my harddisk after him, renamed my bin G.W.Bush!!!

well, i come use vex download firefox and chrome, now i'll do opera and safari. nawa o,
Re: Fatal Security Flaw In All Versions Of Internet Explorer by Mustay(m): 11:07am On Dec 23, 2008
lynxnoon:

FIREFOX, Safari n Crazybrowser(once in a while)(r people stil using IE?? grin grin)

Crazy browser is an aftermath of IE. It has IE's components and they work alike.

That's why in your CB's settings, there is Advanced Options and Internet Options.
Re: Fatal Security Flaw In All Versions Of Internet Explorer by mrperfect(m): 5:02pm On Dec 23, 2008
For long time now I have been using firefox without anybody recommending it to me,
because some short comings I found in IE.
Having heard of this Safari I am on my way to download that now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Much Will I Format My Laptop-dell .... / Post Your Windows User Experience Index / Unlock Bios (power-on) Password For All Dell,hp,fujitsu,acer,samsung,sony Free!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.