Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,554 members, 7,816,344 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

CIAPS Postgraduate Commonwealth 2015 Scholarship For School Leaders - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / CIAPS Postgraduate Commonwealth 2015 Scholarship For School Leaders (2109 Views)

Agbami 2015 Scholarship / CIAPS Postgraduate Commonwealth 2015 Scholarship For School Leaders / CIAPS Postgraduate Commonwealth 2015 Scholarship For School Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CIAPS Postgraduate Commonwealth 2015 Scholarship For School Leaders by monsfala: 8:21pm On Jan 10, 2015
About the CIAPS Commonwealth Scholarship for Educators
CIAPS is very pleased to announce the establishment of these awards, as part of the CIAPS Scholars schemes for 2015 entry. CIAPS is dedicated to the advancement of knowledge, learning and understanding in the service of society. We look for students who are pursuing higher learning so that they can play a part in making their societies and the world a better place.

Eligibility
In order to be eligible to apply students must:

Hold a first degree of at least lower second-class standard, or higher qualification.
Have been offered and accepted his or her offer of a place at CIAPS, 2015 International Postgraduate Certificate in School Management programme.
Be Commonwealth citizens or be residents in a developing Commonwealth country.
Refugees or people working with organisations linked with developing Commonwealth countries are also considered.

Selection Criteria
Students will be selected on the basis of a Personal Statement and Interview. A good personal statement must not exceed 1000 words and it will be a chance to tell us about yourself, why you think you deserve this scholarship and how you think it will help you serve yourself and society once you graduate.

Deadline
All applications should be submitted by Saturday 21 February 2015

For more information visit: http://opportuniti.org/ciaps-postgraduate-commonwealth-2015-scholarship-for-school-leaders/

Re: CIAPS Postgraduate Commonwealth 2015 Scholarship For School Leaders by ShawnDcrusher: 9:15am On May 21, 2015
Hello, so this dubious acclaimed institute run by one foreign trained prof kila is here again?When will Nigerians wake up?When will we stand up against people taking advantage of innocent Nigerians and job seekers?They claim they train you for three months,provide a job placement for you after which the company can retain you if you perform well.All na wash!!!

Who has benefited from this there non existing schorlarship?Is CIAPS a degree awarding institution?Or do you just wake up and award a PG scholarship?Professor Anthony Kila of that institute should better realise that Nigerians and victims of his lies are now more enlightened.

The institute which is located at Ikeja, claims to be providing a three months program for job seekers, with an exorbitant amount, yet since early last year that it started this dubious program,which student has got a job placement,despite the hundreds of thousands of naira paid?Mr Kila will keep lying to the students until their program is completed and then,he will resort to hide and seek.Am a victim,so am typing out of first hand experience.

It's kind of annoying that an acclaimed professor will indulge in this type of scam and still have the mind to keep up with his deception. I know of one Stanley, Isaac, Rapheal, Liyel, Romeo, Lillian, Kade, Jennifer and many more too numerous to mention. They can testify any day,anytime!

So whoever goes to waist his money at CIAPS should better not say Nairaland did not give him the opportunity of knowing the truth. And to the current students there,it's because of the pressure mounted by the past two sets that made him try to say recently on your inauguration that the institute is not a recruitment agency.Initially he claims to be heaven and earth.Besides what's the need for collecting that ridiculous amount of money?

My advice,if you have not made your payments,take to your heels but if you have,sorry!Then if you are planning to,better save your money and look elsewhere.He will claim that CIAPS has foreign correspondence,my dears, all na wash!!

Let them reply me,I will provide obvious proof for the world to see.
Re: CIAPS Postgraduate Commonwealth 2015 Scholarship For School Leaders by ShawnDcrusher: 10:45am On May 21, 2015
Hello ******, I am an ardent reader and follower of your blog.I must first say that I am deeply saddened for what befalls unemployed graduates in this country.And unfortunately, it all started with an advert you placed on your blog.

Around October 2014,I saw an advertisement about one Centre for International Advanced and Professional Studies (CIAPS), located at Adekunle Fajuyi Cr., Off Adeniyi Jones Av.,Ikeja Lagos.It claimed that the centre provides unemployed graduates the opportunity to enrol in a 3 months programme on any course of choice;after which the students will be immediately absorbed by companies (as the centre claims to be partnering with over 20 companies)for an internship,which will lead to a permanent employment once the company is satisfied with the candidate.

Unfortunately,I and many others have fallen victim of this SCAM which is propagated by an academic scholar in the form of Professor Anthony Kila (the centre director).The first set finished around October 2014 but till now,have not been sent for any internship programme.The second set finished this year,February 2015 and are still being tossed around as they keep insisting that the centre fulfills its claims.

It is unarguably unfortunate that the said centre is still advertising on your blog with their usual claims planning to scam other innocent job seekers of their parents' hard-earned money.

Visit their website www.ciaps.org to view their exorbitant fees:
*PROJECT MGT- $1,500 (N300,000) plus Reg. Fee N16,500

*JOURNALISM- $1,000(N200,000) plus Reg. Fee N16,500

*INT'L TUTOR- £250(N72,000) plus Reg. Fee N15,500

*DIPLOMA FOR PA & EA- $1,000(N100,000) plus Reg. Fee N20,000

*BANKING AND FINANCE-$1,000(N200,000) plus Reg. Fee N15,500

*BUSINESS ADMIN-$1,350(N270,000) plus Reg. Fee N15,500

*MODERN TECHNIQUES FOR TEACHING £250(N75,000) plus N10,500 Reg. Fee.

NOTE:Please I suggest that a brand name like ******..com should verify their adverts before placing them as visiting such

(This is what someone else's complain in one blog was, so I am calling CIAPS out if they have anything like sincerity in their dictionary) And like I said,the proof is all awaiting your reply.
Re: CIAPS Postgraduate Commonwealth 2015 Scholarship For School Leaders by stanleyalumona(m): 11:17am On May 21, 2015
This is getting more interesting! What a reaction.
Re: CIAPS Postgraduate Commonwealth 2015 Scholarship For School Leaders by ShawnDcrusher: 11:20am On May 21, 2015
Yes it is sir!
Re: CIAPS Postgraduate Commonwealth 2015 Scholarship For School Leaders by danielodobo: 12:21pm On Jul 18, 2015
I am astonished at the stance of some people concerning ciaps. the institution clearly stated that all applications for the common-wealth 2015 scholarship should be submitted on or before 21st February, 2015. Alongside a good written personal statement. I am pleased to inform the obfuscated persons making these libelous and slanderous statements against the institution and some of its members that I am a proud beneficiary of the ciaps postgraduate Commonwealth 2015 scholarship and so far, in all sincerity I am receiving quality contents from the lectures and I believe that at the end of my program I will contribute immensely to the development of my community and society at large.
Re: CIAPS Postgraduate Commonwealth 2015 Scholarship For School Leaders by marynelly: 4:39pm On Jul 24, 2015
CIAPS is an excellent professional institute with great facilities. It is located in a serene environment and all the classrooms are fully air-conditioned and always neat. Though it offers classes online, classroom lectures remains the best because you are able to interact with colleagues one-on-one.
On career guide, CIAPS helps in self-discovery. CIAPS engages its students in various projects during the course of their programmes and the students have the option of selecting projects they want be involved in.
These projects serve as an addition to your experience because you get to learn a lot; decision making, creative thinking, brainstorming, etc. After the completion of my course, the Director encouraged me to keep writing while awaiting a job offer so that I get used to it. While writing during that period, I discovered I am interested in the health aspect of writing.
At present I am working in a print media, a job gotten for me by CIAPS Centre Director, Prof. Anthony Kila. Prof. Kila is a well grounded intellectual, an excellent facilitator as you’ll get to discover when you come to CIAPS. I received excellent practical experience from Dr. Kort and had a number of professionals gave the journalism class practical experience.
After CIAPS, Prof. Kila still mentors me to help me improve in my career, bring out the best in me and attain professionalism in my career.
Re: CIAPS Postgraduate Commonwealth 2015 Scholarship For School Leaders by ShawnDcrusher: 7:34pm On Jul 30, 2015
I don't have time to respond to a hungry institute in the name of talking about CIAPS.One person can own twenty accounts on nairaland and choose to talk trash.It's so obvious how induced your sudden response it.Mr Anthony Kila's friend,Governor of this and that won scholarship.Like which daily carried such for a personality like that?Your overnight created blog?

Am damn too busy to think CIAPS anymore.But least I forget,which firm or company has any graduate of CIAPS been attached to since last year it started this programme? And for those of you already there,I wish you goodluck.Your programme should be finishing up by now.Hope you enjoyed your PPP class indeed.

If it's students,that are made to respond,am happy.Time will bring you back here.But if it's KILA,GODDY,RONKE or the Admin girl that are claiming students.Very cool.
But you know one fact Mr Anthony KILA?You can build a brand on a fraudulent foundation.
Kindly read this mail,which was an outburst of the past students.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, Jun 7, 2015 at 7:11 PM
Subject:
To: Sandra Rowe <sandrarowe@comcast.net>, anthonykila <anthonykila@ciaps.org>, anthonykila@gmail.com, CIAPS <admin@ciaps.org>, Oreoluwa George <oreoluwais@gmail.com>, faith_oki@yahoo.co.uk, princejace@yahoo.com, muyiwa ayoola <olumuyiwayoola@yahoo.com>, cornelia oseghale <marynelly2003@yahoo.co.uk>, ojara olaybisai <madbsea@yahoo.com>, "ak4christ@ymail.com" <ak4christ@ymail.com>, oludewa jemide <rozabel003@yahoo.com>, David Obatusi <davidobatusi@yahoo.com>, juwonokunubi <juwonokunubi@hotmail.com>, Nnennaya Uku <nnennayauku@gmail.com>, Byenyan Jessica Bitrus <msbitrus@gmail.com>, Jennifer Ezeani <shontel_me@yahoo.com>, lilian Hart <lilianhart@rocketmail.com>, Oluyemi Adejumo <Astondejumor@gmail.com>, dayo_teriba@yahoo.com, Olu Sowunmi <holu27@yahoo.com>, ronke onanuga <ronanuga@yahoo.co.uk>, VERONICA ZABBEY <veronicazabbey@gmail.com>, adaji okpanachi <aokpanachi@gmail.com>

Hello Ma

My apology for writing you an open letter, at this point in time I realize i have to do this to clarify some issues, and express my feelings.

Hence, I will start from the very beginning, I enrolled at CIAPS for three reasons, which are to change job, PMP certification and to receive Project Management Training from an institution affiliated to Cambridge University. Anthony Kila in his inaugural speech assured me and every other admitted students of CIAPS capacity to deliver on its promises.

Your lectures where great, i really enjoyed them all and i think my colleagues can equally attest to that.

However, what Anthony Kila told us from the outset, was that we were in for a Project Management Professional Class, not an introductory class. My performance during the program was very far from my best not because i was also working at the time, but because i had doubts that remained for the programs duration. The thought that the whole arrangement at CIAPS could be a fraud, I felt that way because Anthony Kila informed us at the inauguration that we will be visited and observed by CIAPS's partnering Companies and prospective employers, this never happened.

My expectations were totally disappointed at CIAPS, but for your classes. When Ore George mailed you with respect to PMP examination, it was because Anthony Kila informed us that you would send us some documents to facilitate us write the exams. And he also said we have to complete our three months internship as promised by CIAPS before writing the exams.

Speaking for myself your classes were what I needed, and I am very satisfied with them, however that does not rule the fact that I did not get what I was promised from the beginning. And none of us got the internship as promised, but for Ore George, Anthony Kila said he helped her get a job before we concluded the program.

I am truly sorry for bothering you with this, if it is worth anything to you, I truly enjoyed your classes because I got key information from your presentations with i believe i can't get from someone else.

Regards

Leye

Dear Anthony Kila Dr.

I am writing this letter to you for the same reasons as in the above letter. It is time I told you my mind, just as above, I will start from the beginning. Paying 250,000 Naira (1,500 Dollars) for a Project Management Course, on May last year wasn’t easy for me, hence the reason I paid over three installments. My expectations at the end of the program were not meet. What attracted me to this program was the mail I got from CIAPS advertising various programs, especially the part that said ‘get a job in three months’. Furthermore, your claim of CIAPS affiliation to Cambridge University truly swept me off my feet, you know that Nigerian’s are enamored with foreign certificates, I am no exception.

I had doubts about CIAPS, but the involvement of foreign facilitators and Dr. Rowes classes ameliorated my doubts. I disliked the status quo in the country. I believe that the reason businesses/ companies own by Nigerian’s often fail’s is not just poor management, rather it people’s attitudes. I share some of your views, however I wanted to see how you ‘walk the talk’.

“WS in Art” we were all fascinated with that project. The project was completed way behind schedule. I think the reason for failure were generally from you, though we can put some blames on the Ebola incidence. I fell some of the reasons for failure include:

1. No feasibility study, which was clearly your failure because you initiated the project.

2. Absence of budget plan, I recall, we ever we talked about finance you said, that’s no problem, that the fund from Cambridge is more than sufficient.

3. You did not deliver on the five foreign artist for the project.

4. Publicity, you did not follow through with the plan, you were more than a month late on delivering, the hand bills and newspaper adverts and no banners and posters. The students including me did not do any significant social media publicity.

5. You handpicked the judges yourself, which includes primarily the facilitators of the courses at CIAPS. You failed to notify them of their involvement with the project, or at least I can speak for Dr. Rowe.

6. The students including me did not deliver on the number of local art works required.

When you returned from your protracted break (for obvious reasons) my class had a problem with the center. Reason poor internet facility and no real field work experience with existing companies. I bet those were not the only reason for disagreement, if I had any reason to disagree with CIAPS then, it will be that I did not see any company or potential employers visit during any of the classes I attended, and you staying away for more than a month instead of a week break. I guess your protracted stay took out the steam in everyone.

In the center’s defense, you stated that we were to have a three month intensive class work followed by another three month internship with a relevant company, I totally agree with you on that.

When I mailed you about having a project office at CIAPS, my reasons was not to start a PM firm like you did eventually, but for the students to come with innovative ideas to present to relevant companies and potential employers with the view of securing employment for some of us.

What I do not comprehend till date is how an institution like Cambridge University will put money in CIAPS and not for once come to look at their investment. I never saw any evidence of Cambridge involvement at CIAPS, except for your constant claims.

When you asked me to stay on with CIAPS for my internship and job as a project manager with auxilliar the PM firm you were going to start based on my mail. You said I should work part-time for the next 6 months because you can’t afford to pay up to 100,000 Naira (650 Dollars) what you believe to be the minimum I should earn, you said I will be working on 5 or more small projects at a time, and I agreed in spite of my doubts, because I will also get to work with Dr. Rowe as an Assistant facilitator. I believe at that time I could help CIAPS to the best on the continent.

You know, I am still wondering about the recipients of those scholarship awards by CIAPS to West African youths, who are they? Because I am sure they are none of the students at CIAPS.

I started working with you along with Romeo for Auxiliar a London based firm, you later asked for our opinion on being affiliated to the firm or getting a franchise. I did not get to work on up five projects at a time liked you said. I worked on two projects last year. They did not get beyond the planning phase. Before signing up with Auxiliar, I decided I was going to watch for any vestige of failure as manifested in the ‘WS in Art’ project, once I notice any sign I will leave Auxiliar and CIAPS for good.

Affirmatively, those signs manifested January this year.

You did not inform Dr. Rowe of my involvement with CIAPS as her assistant. That I gathered from the very first PM class for the 2nd set of students at CIAPS. You ask me and Romeo to give the list of items required to set up the PM office about 3 times and we gave you the list those number of times. Up till date you have not provided the least item on that list.

On the third month we asked for our salaries/ wages because you have not paid us a dime for the first two months. You said we did not achieve much and that we should give you the next month, to pay us. We agreed and asked for our employment letter, your reply was next month we will get one. At this point it had become obvious that both projects are not feasible, hence we started another one. By the end of February you did not pay us, hence we asked for payment on 2nd Thursday in March. I, you and Romeo had a meeting on that evening, all the excuses you gave hinged on the premise that you did not want pay for services, hence, we had an argument to the extent that we raised our voices at each other. Then you agreed to pay us 25,000 Naira each (about 150 Dollars) for February. Which you did not pay until 1st week of May. That was the only wage we got for working for Auxiliar (Anthony Kila) for 6 months.

I feel Auxiliar failed before it started, because of your intentions. You did not plan for it to succeed rather you needed us to give the then new students the impression that CIAPS is working. I guess some of them say through this guise early on. You did not do any feasibility study on the three projects we embarked on; you made no concrete plan for finance; and you did not put any structure in place to run the firm.

Dr. Rowe left out Project Cost Management, from our lectures and slides, she said you will discuss that with us with the projects we were working on. You never did, rather you told us that Cambridge has sufficient funds for the projects.

Whenever I asked you about Auxiliar’s projects finance all you said I should not worry that you have enough for the projects and my wages. I realized that you are a fraud on January after asking you for the umpteenth time for our Certificates. At this point I feel the need to quote you “is that the way they do things in England” do you demand endlessly for your certificate at the end of a program to get it.

I stayed on, after realizing this, because my idea of the PM office I suggested to you was not an office location, rather a group of people. I saw that in Romeo and he believed we could leverage on CIAPS and the connections you claim to have, I guess he has realized now that you have nothing to offer us, after wasting our time for over six months.

When I called you from a pay phone on the 29th of May, to reiterate that you refund the money for the PMP exams. After you have refused to return my calls and e-mails. You told me you cannot pay me cash rather I should give you my link to PMI, so that you can pay the fee directly to PMI. I told you I do not trust. Frankly if I had to demand for my certificate from you for over 3 months before getting it and I had to also vehemently demand that you pay for my PMP exam; and If I doubt your integrity, it will be very foolish of me to release my login information to PMI to you, that is my identity with PMI you are requesting, and at this point, I think you are con. Please pay the money to my account, I will register myself with PMI for the exam. You have had over seven month to do that for me. I cannot give those information because I do not want the police tracing fraud money to me. Please do not get me wrong because I am not saying you steal cards, am only taking precautions.

I offer you no apology for sounding this way, I am just being frank. May God let you, your children and entire family always come across people that will treat and deal with them exactly the way you have done with me. I doubt that you will say amen this.

Regards

Leye

Dear Nnena, Ore and Faith,

I am sorry for not totally sharing your opinion in our disagreement with CIAPS, and I hope you knew that I did not disagree with them either. The only inexcusable failure I noticed with CIAPS then, was that I did not see any company or potential employers came visiting. CIAPS guaranteed us job before the end of the program and that we will write two tests, one internal test at CIAPS and the PMP exams. As at the time of our disagreement with CIAPS, it was too soon conclude that CIAPS had failed us, although it looked like that.

What I am trying to say is that I am truly sorry if you think I have in any way contributed to CIAPS con. I was only giving CIAPS the benefit of doubt at that time. CIAPS proved me wrong. You were write all the time.

At least we can celebrate Ore, Anthony KIla claimed she got a job through CIAPS. And I will be lying if I said I have learnt nothing from Anthony Kila. I have learnt;

· Not to lie, lying will lead down the road to perdition.

· Never to promise more than you can deliver

· Not just to talk the talk but to walk the talk

· Epitomize the ideals you preach, that is the only way you can earn the respect of others

· Never to ignore the opinion others, nobody has the exclusive propriety to wisdom.

I pray you all find the success you desire. And better success than what lead you to CIAPS.

Kind Regards

Leye

Dear Lilian, Terbia, Jennifer, and co,

I want you all to know that I never told you any lie at any point in time, I am a terrible liar, and you will know immediately if I lie. I only told you what I know of CIAPS at the time. I truly wanted CIAPS to the best of its kind in Africa. I was not aware of any attempt to con you. Rather I was with CIAPS only to make ends meet and realize my dreams.

I only realized Anthony Kila disservice to you this January, I stayed on at CIAPS because I had other plans with Romeo.

Lying comes very easy to Anthony Kila, I will share just two with you, from the many lies he told.

Do you remember when he said that the people investing in the MC Magazine project will invest on the condition that he is involved in the project. That is like saying you will only pay for the candy I advertising to you only if I am actually involved in the process of selling it to you. Can you think of the possibility of me not to be involved in a project that I am proposing to you?

On a Thursday in March that I was waiting with Romeo to discuss our wages with him. He called Romeo on a project he would like us to work urgently on, he told Romeo to research oil pipe line vandalism. And that he should give the full report on Saturday, because he was with someone who will like to have us work with her on the project. The Saturday came, he did not speak a word on the project until Romeo asked, guess his reply? He asked Romeo if the lady did not call him that he had given her Romeo number. Throughout the next week he did not speak a word of the project even till date. It got to a point for me, that the lies became ludicrous.

I learnt some of you are planning to take some actions, I am not spurring you on, and neither am I throwing cold water on you. Rather I will say think your actions through, be sure of your facts, and plan, failing to plan is planning to fail.

Please remember this, justice not vengeance.

Regards

Leye

Dear Ronke,

You must be wondering why you got this mail, because you are not involved. I included you, and everyone else because I want everyone hear this from the horse’s mouth, and I have absolutely nothing to hide from anyone. I have nothing but respect for you.

I once proposed to prof alongside with Romeo that CIAPS run a program for small and medium scale entrepreneurs, his reply was that he had you work on that and that you will start the program this January. He said we should talk to you about it, to see if there is need for changes. I told Romeo frankly that I can do that, because I feel that will be undermining you authority. I felt if there any need to have any discussion with you on the subject, Prof. should initiate it himself.

Sorry for bothering you.

Regards

Leye

Dear Veronica

I know you got this deep with CIAPS because of me. I am truly sorry for the wasted and funds, not forgetting the inconveniences you suffered.

I pray you find the success you seek. You deserved far better than got at CIAPS

I hope he refunds your money.

Regards

Leye

Dear Oludewa

All I can say to you is that you went incommunicado just like that. All efforts to reach you proved abortive.

I am sorry for involving in this letter

I am sorry to bother you all with my ranting,and I have a feeling Anthony Kila will not refund my fee. however I needed to do this for closure

Regards

Leye
Re: CIAPS Postgraduate Commonwealth 2015 Scholarship For School Leaders by ShawnDcrusher: 7:35pm On Jul 30, 2015
I don't have time to respond to a hungry institute in the name of talking about CIAPS.One person can own twenty accounts on nairaland and choose to talk trash.It's so obvious how induced your sudden response it.Mr Anthony Kila's friend,Governor of this and that won scholarship.Like which daily carried such for a personality like that?Your overnight created blog?

Am damn too busy to think CIAPS anymore.But least I forget,which firm or company has any graduate of CIAPS been attached to since last year it started this programme? And for those of you already there,I wish you goodluck.Your programme should be finishing up by now.Hope you enjoyed your PPP class indeed.

If it's students,that are made to respond,am happy.Time will bring you back here.But if it's KILA,GODDY,RONKE or the Admin girl that are claiming students.Very cool.
But you know one fact Mr Anthony KILA?You can build a brand on a fraudulent foundation.
Kindly read this mail,which was an outburst of the past students.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, Jun 7, 2015 at 7:11 PM
Subject:
To: Sandra Rowe <sandrarowe@comcast.net>, anthonykila <anthonykila@ciaps.org>, anthonykila@gmail.com, CIAPS <admin@ciaps.org>, Oreoluwa George <oreoluwais@gmail.com>, faith_oki@yahoo.co.uk, princejace@yahoo.com, muyiwa ayoola <olumuyiwayoola@yahoo.com>, cornelia oseghale <marynelly2003@yahoo.co.uk>, ojara olaybisai <madbsea@yahoo.com>, "ak4christ@ymail.com" <ak4christ@ymail.com>, oludewa jemide <rozabel003@yahoo.com>, David Obatusi <davidobatusi@yahoo.com>, juwonokunubi <juwonokunubi@hotmail.com>, Nnennaya Uku <nnennayauku@gmail.com>, Byenyan Jessica Bitrus <msbitrus@gmail.com>, Jennifer Ezeani <shontel_me@yahoo.com>, lilian Hart <lilianhart@rocketmail.com>, Oluyemi Adejumo <Astondejumor@gmail.com>, dayo_teriba@yahoo.com, Olu Sowunmi <holu27@yahoo.com>, ronke onanuga <ronanuga@yahoo.co.uk>, VERONICA ZABBEY <veronicazabbey@gmail.com>, adaji okpanachi <aokpanachi@gmail.com>

Hello Ma

My apology for writing you an open letter, at this point in time I realize i have to do this to clarify some issues, and express my feelings.

Hence, I will start from the very beginning, I enrolled at CIAPS for three reasons, which are to change job, PMP certification and to receive Project Management Training from an institution affiliated to Cambridge University. Anthony Kila in his inaugural speech assured me and every other admitted students of CIAPS capacity to deliver on its promises.

Your lectures where great, i really enjoyed them all and i think my colleagues can equally attest to that.

However, what Anthony Kila told us from the outset, was that we were in for a Project Management Professional Class, not an introductory class. My performance during the program was very far from my best not because i was also working at the time, but because i had doubts that remained for the programs duration. The thought that the whole arrangement at CIAPS could be a fraud, I felt that way because Anthony Kila informed us at the inauguration that we will be visited and observed by CIAPS's partnering Companies and prospective employers, this never happened.

My expectations were totally disappointed at CIAPS, but for your classes. When Ore George mailed you with respect to PMP examination, it was because Anthony Kila informed us that you would send us some documents to facilitate us write the exams. And he also said we have to complete our three months internship as promised by CIAPS before writing the exams.

Speaking for myself your classes were what I needed, and I am very satisfied with them, however that does not rule the fact that I did not get what I was promised from the beginning. And none of us got the internship as promised, but for Ore George, Anthony Kila said he helped her get a job before we concluded the program.

I am truly sorry for bothering you with this, if it is worth anything to you, I truly enjoyed your classes because I got key information from your presentations with i believe i can't get from someone else.

Regards

Leye

Dear Anthony Kila Dr.

I am writing this letter to you for the same reasons as in the above letter. It is time I told you my mind, just as above, I will start from the beginning. Paying 250,000 Naira (1,500 Dollars) for a Project Management Course, on May last year wasn’t easy for me, hence the reason I paid over three installments. My expectations at the end of the program were not meet. What attracted me to this program was the mail I got from CIAPS advertising various programs, especially the part that said ‘get a job in three months’. Furthermore, your claim of CIAPS affiliation to Cambridge University truly swept me off my feet, you know that Nigerian’s are enamored with foreign certificates, I am no exception.

I had doubts about CIAPS, but the involvement of foreign facilitators and Dr. Rowes classes ameliorated my doubts. I disliked the status quo in the country. I believe that the reason businesses/ companies own by Nigerian’s often fail’s is not just poor management, rather it people’s attitudes. I share some of your views, however I wanted to see how you ‘walk the talk’.

“WS in Art” we were all fascinated with that project. The project was completed way behind schedule. I think the reason for failure were generally from you, though we can put some blames on the Ebola incidence. I fell some of the reasons for failure include:

1. No feasibility study, which was clearly your failure because you initiated the project.

2. Absence of budget plan, I recall, we ever we talked about finance you said, that’s no problem, that the fund from Cambridge is more than sufficient.

3. You did not deliver on the five foreign artist for the project.

4. Publicity, you did not follow through with the plan, you were more than a month late on delivering, the hand bills and newspaper adverts and no banners and posters. The students including me did not do any significant social media publicity.

5. You handpicked the judges yourself, which includes primarily the facilitators of the courses at CIAPS. You failed to notify them of their involvement with the project, or at least I can speak for Dr. Rowe.

6. The students including me did not deliver on the number of local art works required.

When you returned from your protracted break (for obvious reasons) my class had a problem with the center. Reason poor internet facility and no real field work experience with existing companies. I bet those were not the only reason for disagreement, if I had any reason to disagree with CIAPS then, it will be that I did not see any company or potential employers visit during any of the classes I attended, and you staying away for more than a month instead of a week break. I guess your protracted stay took out the steam in everyone.

In the center’s defense, you stated that we were to have a three month intensive class work followed by another three month internship with a relevant company, I totally agree with you on that.

When I mailed you about having a project office at CIAPS, my reasons was not to start a PM firm like you did eventually, but for the students to come with innovative ideas to present to relevant companies and potential employers with the view of securing employment for some of us.

What I do not comprehend till date is how an institution like Cambridge University will put money in CIAPS and not for once come to look at their investment. I never saw any evidence of Cambridge involvement at CIAPS, except for your constant claims.

When you asked me to stay on with CIAPS for my internship and job as a project manager with auxilliar the PM firm you were going to start based on my mail. You said I should work part-time for the next 6 months because you can’t afford to pay up to 100,000 Naira (650 Dollars) what you believe to be the minimum I should earn, you said I will be working on 5 or more small projects at a time, and I agreed in spite of my doubts, because I will also get to work with Dr. Rowe as an Assistant facilitator. I believe at that time I could help CIAPS to the best on the continent.

You know, I am still wondering about the recipients of those scholarship awards by CIAPS to West African youths, who are they? Because I am sure they are none of the students at CIAPS.

I started working with you along with Romeo for Auxiliar a London based firm, you later asked for our opinion on being affiliated to the firm or getting a franchise. I did not get to work on up five projects at a time liked you said. I worked on two projects last year. They did not get beyond the planning phase. Before signing up with Auxiliar, I decided I was going to watch for any vestige of failure as manifested in the ‘WS in Art’ project, once I notice any sign I will leave Auxiliar and CIAPS for good.

Affirmatively, those signs manifested January this year.

You did not inform Dr. Rowe of my involvement with CIAPS as her assistant. That I gathered from the very first PM class for the 2nd set of students at CIAPS. You ask me and Romeo to give the list of items required to set up the PM office about 3 times and we gave you the list those number of times. Up till date you have not provided the least item on that list.

On the third month we asked for our salaries/ wages because you have not paid us a dime for the first two months. You said we did not achieve much and that we should give you the next month, to pay us. We agreed and asked for our employment letter, your reply was next month we will get one. At this point it had become obvious that both projects are not feasible, hence we started another one. By the end of February you did not pay us, hence we asked for payment on 2nd Thursday in March. I, you and Romeo had a meeting on that evening, all the excuses you gave hinged on the premise that you did not want pay for services, hence, we had an argument to the extent that we raised our voices at each other. Then you agreed to pay us 25,000 Naira each (about 150 Dollars) for February. Which you did not pay until 1st week of May. That was the only wage we got for working for Auxiliar (Anthony Kila) for 6 months.

I feel Auxiliar failed before it started, because of your intentions. You did not plan for it to succeed rather you needed us to give the then new students the impression that CIAPS is working. I guess some of them say through this guise early on. You did not do any feasibility study on the three projects we embarked on; you made no concrete plan for finance; and you did not put any structure in place to run the firm.

Dr. Rowe left out Project Cost Management, from our lectures and slides, she said you will discuss that with us with the projects we were working on. You never did, rather you told us that Cambridge has sufficient funds for the projects.

Whenever I asked you about Auxiliar’s projects finance all you said I should not worry that you have enough for the projects and my wages. I realized that you are a fraud on January after asking you for the umpteenth time for our Certificates. At this point I feel the need to quote you “is that the way they do things in England” do you demand endlessly for your certificate at the end of a program to get it.

I stayed on, after realizing this, because my idea of the PM office I suggested to you was not an office location, rather a group of people. I saw that in Romeo and he believed we could leverage on CIAPS and the connections you claim to have, I guess he has realized now that you have nothing to offer us, after wasting our time for over six months.

When I called you from a pay phone on the 29th of May, to reiterate that you refund the money for the PMP exams. After you have refused to return my calls and e-mails. You told me you cannot pay me cash rather I should give you my link to PMI, so that you can pay the fee directly to PMI. I told you I do not trust. Frankly if I had to demand for my certificate from you for over 3 months before getting it and I had to also vehemently demand that you pay for my PMP exam; and If I doubt your integrity, it will be very foolish of me to release my login information to PMI to you, that is my identity with PMI you are requesting, and at this point, I think you are con. Please pay the money to my account, I will register myself with PMI for the exam. You have had over seven month to do that for me. I cannot give those information because I do not want the police tracing fraud money to me. Please do not get me wrong because I am not saying you steal cards, am only taking precautions.

I offer you no apology for sounding this way, I am just being frank. May God let you, your children and entire family always come across people that will treat and deal with them exactly the way you have done with me. I doubt that you will say amen this.

Regards

Leye

Dear Nnena, Ore and Faith,

I am sorry for not totally sharing your opinion in our disagreement with CIAPS, and I hope you knew that I did not disagree with them either. The only inexcusable failure I noticed with CIAPS then, was that I did not see any company or potential employers came visiting. CIAPS guaranteed us job before the end of the program and that we will write two tests, one internal test at CIAPS and the PMP exams. As at the time of our disagreement with CIAPS, it was too soon conclude that CIAPS had failed us, although it looked like that.

What I am trying to say is that I am truly sorry if you think I have in any way contributed to CIAPS con. I was only giving CIAPS the benefit of doubt at that time. CIAPS proved me wrong. You were write all the time.

At least we can celebrate Ore, Anthony KIla claimed she got a job through CIAPS. And I will be lying if I said I have learnt nothing from Anthony Kila. I have learnt;

· Not to lie, lying will lead down the road to perdition.

· Never to promise more than you can deliver

· Not just to talk the talk but to walk the talk

· Epitomize the ideals you preach, that is the only way you can earn the respect of others

· Never to ignore the opinion others, nobody has the exclusive propriety to wisdom.

I pray you all find the success you desire. And better success than what lead you to CIAPS.

Kind Regards

Leye

Dear Lilian, Terbia, Jennifer, and co,

I want you all to know that I never told you any lie at any point in time, I am a terrible liar, and you will know immediately if I lie. I only told you what I know of CIAPS at the time. I truly wanted CIAPS to the best of its kind in Africa. I was not aware of any attempt to con you. Rather I was with CIAPS only to make ends meet and realize my dreams.

I only realized Anthony Kila disservice to you this January, I stayed on at CIAPS because I had other plans with Romeo.

Lying comes very easy to Anthony Kila, I will share just two with you, from the many lies he told.

Do you remember when he said that the people investing in the MC Magazine project will invest on the condition that he is involved in the project. That is like saying you will only pay for the candy I advertising to you only if I am actually involved in the process of selling it to you. Can you think of the possibility of me not to be involved in a project that I am proposing to you?

On a Thursday in March that I was waiting with Romeo to discuss our wages with him. He called Romeo on a project he would like us to work urgently on, he told Romeo to research oil pipe line vandalism. And that he should give the full report on Saturday, because he was with someone who will like to have us work with her on the project. The Saturday came, he did not speak a word on the project until Romeo asked, guess his reply? He asked Romeo if the lady did not call him that he had given her Romeo number. Throughout the next week he did not speak a word of the project even till date. It got to a point for me, that the lies became ludicrous.

I learnt some of you are planning to take some actions, I am not spurring you on, and neither am I throwing cold water on you. Rather I will say think your actions through, be sure of your facts, and plan, failing to plan is planning to fail.

Please remember this, justice not vengeance.

Regards

Leye

Dear Ronke,

You must be wondering why you got this mail, because you are not involved. I included you, and everyone else because I want everyone hear this from the horse’s mouth, and I have absolutely nothing to hide from anyone. I have nothing but respect for you.

I once proposed to prof alongside with Romeo that CIAPS run a program for small and medium scale entrepreneurs, his reply was that he had you work on that and that you will start the program this January. He said we should talk to you about it, to see if there is need for changes. I told Romeo frankly that I can do that, because I feel that will be undermining you authority. I felt if there any need to have any discussion with you on the subject, Prof. should initiate it himself.

Sorry for bothering you.

Regards

Leye

Dear Veronica

I know you got this deep with CIAPS because of me. I am truly sorry for the wasted and funds, not forgetting the inconveniences you suffered.

I pray you find the success you seek. You deserved far better than got at CIAPS

I hope he refunds your money.

Regards

Leye

Dear Oludewa

All I can say to you is that you went incommunicado just like that. All efforts to reach you proved abortive.

I am sorry for involving in this letter

I am sorry to bother you all with my ranting,and I have a feeling Anthony Kila will not refund my fee. however I needed to do this for closure

Regards

Leye
Re: CIAPS Postgraduate Commonwealth 2015 Scholarship For School Leaders by ShawnDcrusher: 7:41pm On Jul 30, 2015
This might be my last response here.And Anthony KILA don't make me reveal the court case against you and CIAPS and your response too.Don't dare push me on social media..
Re: CIAPS Postgraduate Commonwealth 2015 Scholarship For School Leaders by samley19(m): 4:04am On Jul 31, 2015
waw. .gwd wrk shawn fr xposing dm...dey cnt evn reply..m quite sure
Re: CIAPS Postgraduate Commonwealth 2015 Scholarship For School Leaders by lille08: 11:44pm On Nov 12, 2015
Anthony kila is nothing but a professor of fraud, until he gives us a reason/justification for this dubious act he remains a con and a fraudster! a lot of us are yet to be registered for our project management professional exams seen last year of which we paid almost 300,000 naira_. just beware of institutions like this that claim to be international when they have not left the fore walls of Lagos.
Re: CIAPS Postgraduate Commonwealth 2015 Scholarship For School Leaders by dracula22(m): 8:16pm On Mar 21, 2023
Guys, I applied for this same scholarship this month, and I got it... But the name I'm seeing here is confusing, CIAPS is it the same as Commonwealth institute of advance and professional studies?

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News Jamb Extends Registration And Changes Exam Date (see The New Date) / Download Nnpc/chevron Jv Scholarship Test Past Questions / Universities Are Ready To Resume - Union

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.