Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,212 members, 7,815,232 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

Security Alert! Boko Haram Boys Suspected In Oreofero Street In Bariga, Lagos. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Security Alert! Boko Haram Boys Suspected In Oreofero Street In Bariga, Lagos. (1930 Views)

Gafaru Street In Lagos Flooded After A 12 Hour Rainfall / Dino Melaye Still Walking Around Bourdillon Street In Lagos (Photo) / Efcc Stormed My Street In Asokoro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Security Alert! Boko Haram Boys Suspected In Oreofero Street In Bariga, Lagos. by MamaFryo(f): 4:50am On Jan 11, 2015
If there is any reason I will not vote for APC in lagos in this incoming election, it will be for the high rate of insecurity in my area. Yes, I really mean it. The first time that I tried searching the name of my street (Oreofero street, off Popoola, Bariga) on Google, I was shocked. You may try it and feel my plight.

I understand that Fashola has transformed almost everywhere in Lagos but none of the transformation has got to my street. My street is not tarred, the road is bad, no pipe borne water, etc. So, the Fashola's transformation that many people talk about today has not been meaningful to me and the people living in my neighbourhood so far.

As a patrotic Nigerian/Lagosian, I pay my tax and I have been living in Oreofero street, off Popoola in Bariga, Lagos state for the past 3 years. We wake up everyday inhaling marijuana at every corner of the street. There is this same set of boys terrorising people everywhere in the street. Sound of gun shot is no longer new to us, it is as usual as the sound of banga and knock outs in festive period. We have written several petetions to the Nigerian Police Force but we have seen no improvement till date. These guys drink alcohol, smoke Indian hemp, harass young girls, some of them even go as far as raping some ladies at night (Mary, my neighbour was nearly raped by one of these hoodlums on our way to church's vigil last year, thank God he had no gun on him) and no one seems to tame these boys.

I so much believe in the saying that 'it is easier to build boys than to mend men'. The Boko Haram sect that is terrorising Nigeria today could have been curbed if our government or military had acted fast. At times, I wonder if it is now legal to walk freely with loaded gun and dangerous weapon in Lagos state or inside Oreofero kingdom (I had never seen a gun in my life except in movies until I got to Oreofero), I wonder if smoking of marijuana is now legal in Lagos...has rape and harassment now become what anyone can do without being punished?

I know if our petitions are ignored by NPF, if Pedro Police station and Alade Police Station could ignore our plea, no Nairalander will read this without sharing until it gets to the person that knows the person who will act on this issue. Remember, what is good for one is good for all. Eko o ni baje o!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Security Alert! Boko Haram Boys Suspected In Oreofero Street In Bariga, Lagos. by naturally: 4:52am On Jan 11, 2015
Woni fe te

They should not try Lagos oo
Re: Security Alert! Boko Haram Boys Suspected In Oreofero Street In Bariga, Lagos. by tit(f): 4:53am On Jan 11, 2015
Please be patient!
Jimi Agbaje is on Mission to Rescue hardworking Lagosians like you.

5 Likes

Re: Security Alert! Boko Haram Boys Suspected In Oreofero Street In Bariga, Lagos. by GuyFawkes: 4:54am On Jan 11, 2015
Bariga has become a very dangerous area, the authorities need to crackdown on those criminals. Ebute-Metta is another very scary place at the moment especially around Otto, same goes for Ijora.

1 Like

Re: Security Alert! Boko Haram Boys Suspected In Oreofero Street In Bariga, Lagos. by naturally: 5:00am On Jan 11, 2015
MamaFryo:
If there is any reason I will not vote for APC in lagos in this incoming election, it will be for the high rate of insecurity in my area. Yes, I really mean it. The first time that I tried searching the name of my street (Oreofero street, off Popoola, Bariga) on Google, I was shocked. You may try it and feel my plight.

I understand that Fashola has transformed almost everywhere in Lagos but none of the transformation has got to my street. My street is not tarred, the road is bad, no pipe borne water, etc. So, the Fashola's transformation that many people talk about today has not been meaningful to me and the people living in my neighbourhood so far.

As a patrotic Nigerian/Lagosian, I pay my tax and I have been living in Oreofero street, off Popoola in Bariga, Lagos state for the past 3 years. We wake up everyday inhaling marijuana at every corner of the street. There is this same set of boys terrorising people everywhere in the street. Sound of gun shot is no longer new to us, it is as usual as the sound of banga and knock outs in festive period. We have written several petetions to the Nigerian Police Force but we have seen no improvement till date. These guys drink alcohol, smoke Indian hemp, harass young girls, some of them even go as far as raping some ladies at night (Mary, my neighbour was nearly raped by one of these hoodlums on our way to church's vigil last year, thank God he had no gun on him) and no one seems to tame these boys.

I so much believe in the saying that 'it is easier to build boys than to mend men'. The Boko Haram sect that is terrorising Nigeria today could have been curbed if our government or military had acted fast. At times, I wonder if it is now legal to walk freely with loaded gun and dangerous weapon in Lagos state or inside Oreofero kingdom (I had never seen a gun in my life except in movies until I got to Oreofero), I wonder if smoking of marijuana is now legal in Lagos...has rape and harassment now become what anyone can do without being punished?

I know if our petitions are ignored by NPF, if Pedro Police station and Alade Police Station could ignore our plea, no Nairalander will read this without sharing until it gets to the person that knows the person who will act on this issue. Remember, what is good for one is good for all. Eko o ni baje o!

I just read

They are just area boys
Or was there bomb blast?
These things or even more happen in other states whether PDP or APC states.

I don't think bayelsa/otuoke is better
Misleading post!!!

3 Likes

Re: Security Alert! Boko Haram Boys Suspected In Oreofero Street In Bariga, Lagos. by MamaFryo(f): 5:09am On Jan 11, 2015
naturally:

I just read

They are just area boys
Or was there bomb blast?
These things or even more happen in other states whether PDP or APC states.

I don't think bayelsa/otuoke is better
Misleading post!!!

Did you just say 'just area boys'? We don't need to wait until it gets to bomb blast before we start acting. This had always been the problems with many clueless dudes. What makes these guys different from the so called 'just area boys' on the street is their possession of guns. They are so confident, they move freely without the fear of the authority. My dear, once you start observing these in your neighbourhood...I beg, BEWARE! Grab?

2 Likes

Re: Security Alert! Boko Haram Boys Suspected In Oreofero Street In Bariga, Lagos. by naturally: 5:17am On Jan 11, 2015
MamaFryo:

Did you just say 'just area boys'? We don't need to wait until it gets to bomb blast before we start acting. This had always been the problems with many clueless dudes. What makes these guys different from the so called 'just area boys' on the street is their possession of guns. Grab?

So BH will stay in place for 3years or more without striking? If they are there, the area would have been upside down by now.

Better don't pray for BH to visit your area

3 Likes

Re: Security Alert! Boko Haram Boys Suspected In Oreofero Street In Bariga, Lagos. by budiliscious(f): 5:39am On Jan 11, 2015
naturally:

So BH will stay in place for 3years or more without striking? If they are there, the area would have been upside down by now.

It is better she talks about it now so as to stop the impending danger. She has done so well by giving the alert.

1 Like

Re: Security Alert! Boko Haram Boys Suspected In Oreofero Street In Bariga, Lagos. by gists: 5:41am On Jan 11, 2015
naturally:

You don't get her point. Does BH just attain that level over night? She is asking for help before what you term as just area boys grows into boko haram. Boko haram exists today because the so-called "just" area boys were not tamed in the past.

1 Like

Re: Security Alert! Boko Haram Boys Suspected In Oreofero Street In Bariga, Lagos. by Johnnyessence(m): 5:58am On Jan 11, 2015
gists:

You don't get her point. Does BH just attain that level over night? She is asking for help before what you term as just area boys grows into boko haram. Boko haram exists today because the so-called "just" area boys were not tamed in the past.
that place must be attend to oooo we plead to d security authority to arrest d issue oooooo soon they will form groups in Lagos and killing innocent citizens.
Re: Security Alert! Boko Haram Boys Suspected In Oreofero Street In Bariga, Lagos. by tit(f): 6:06am On Jan 11, 2015
Johnnyessence:
that place must be attend to oooo we plead to d security authority to arrest d issue oooooo soon they will form groups in Lagos and killing innocent citizens.

ah aah?
why naw?
why are you disgracing Fashola, tinubu and apc laik this?
I been think say you talk say Eko na Dubai of Africa?
Re: Security Alert! Boko Haram Boys Suspected In Oreofero Street In Bariga, Lagos. by Greyworld: 6:25am On Jan 11, 2015
Guy did yu plant a bottle in. Dat area?

Get a bus n P. A. R. K yur smal load.
Re: Security Alert! Boko Haram Boys Suspected In Oreofero Street In Bariga, Lagos. by clevvermind(m): 6:39am On Jan 11, 2015
Security men should act fast now before it gets out of hand.
Re: Security Alert! Boko Haram Boys Suspected In Oreofero Street In Bariga, Lagos. by Nobody: 6:43am On Jan 11, 2015
Move to another neighborhood na..

Don't you know that life is hard in the ghetto..
Re: Security Alert! Boko Haram Boys Suspected In Oreofero Street In Bariga, Lagos. by wheesin(m): 9:21am On Jan 11, 2015
Mama fryo are u the chief of your area...
Re: Security Alert! Boko Haram Boys Suspected In Oreofero Street In Bariga, Lagos. by budiliscious(f): 11:11am On Jan 11, 2015
wheesin:
Mama fryo are u the chief of your area...

Does she need to be a chief before she can say her mind? Na waaa for you o. lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Security Alert! Boko Haram Boys Suspected In Oreofero Street In Bariga, Lagos. by MrsDaramola(f): 9:43pm On Jan 11, 2015
No place in Nigeria is safe. If God doesn't watch over a house, the guards will only work in vain. May God save us all. You and your family will not fall victim of any form of crises this year.
Re: Security Alert! Boko Haram Boys Suspected In Oreofero Street In Bariga, Lagos. by MamaFryo(f): 8:41pm On Jan 19, 2015
I feel that it is necessary to update fellow Nairalanders that this platform is really working. A day after I sent this post, I discovered that some Police officers came to my street to flush out the hoodlums. Some days later, the bad boys came in full force. When the police men appeared, it was like a battle...gun shot everywhere. Now, I'm very much convinced that Lagos is working. We expect more of this from our government. Eko o ni baje o!
Re: Security Alert! Boko Haram Boys Suspected In Oreofero Street In Bariga, Lagos. by MamaFryo(f): 12:07pm On Sep 11, 2018
My fellow Nigerians, SARS, Nigerian Police Force, Neighbourhood Police, NSCDC and every other force concerned. These boys are back in Oreofero o. You will see them in group and cluster all over the street, smoking hemp as if in Fela shrine, drinking, blasting music and doing all sort from Monday to Sunday. As at oday September 11, 2018 they are all assembled, all in black...we don't really know what they are up to today o. Niralanders please help spread this news till it gets to the right person who knows the person that can stop this rubbish in Oreofero.

N.B. I am planning hard to leave this God-forsaken area in the next few months because of the risk, hazard and danger I forsee. I am still saving to pay rent and agreement and commission to enable me move fully to a good area of my choice. But if I leave here, what is the lot of those who can't afford to raise enough money to move out? What about those who have houses in the area?

@Moderators @seun I beg in the name of God, help move this to front page so that it can get to the right person.
Re: Security Alert! Boko Haram Boys Suspected In Oreofero Street In Bariga, Lagos. by kurlarday: 6:11pm On Sep 11, 2018
This is terrible. Someone should do something about this before it gets to something else in Lagos o.
Re: Security Alert! Boko Haram Boys Suspected In Oreofero Street In Bariga, Lagos. by kurlarday: 6:12pm On Sep 11, 2018
This is terrible. Someone should do something about this before it gets to something else in Lagos o. To be fore warned is to be fore armed
Re: Security Alert! Boko Haram Boys Suspected In Oreofero Street In Bariga, Lagos. by kurlarday: 6:13pm On Sep 11, 2018
This is terrible. Someone should do something about this before it gets to something else in Lagos o. To be fore-warned is to be fore-armed
Re: Security Alert! Boko Haram Boys Suspected In Oreofero Street In Bariga, Lagos. by MamaFryo(f): 12:51pm On Sep 15, 2018
Update: Nothing has been done on this case yet. Nigeria, why?
Re: Security Alert! Boko Haram Boys Suspected In Oreofero Street In Bariga, Lagos. by MamaFryo(f): 2:57pm On Sep 19, 2018
Update: Nothing has been done yet.

(1) (Reply)

Who Will Buhari Jail For Corruption If He Wins And Is Sworn In? / Lekki Toll: The Biggest Fraud Ever Conceived And Committed / I congratulate my president-elect general buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.