Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

President Goodluck Jonathan, A President Living In Denial ~ 27naira - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Goodluck Jonathan, A President Living In Denial ~ 27naira (1261 Views)

Lere Olayinka Reacts To Zenith Bank Denial Of Funding Fayose's Election / Fielding Jonathan, A Mistake – Dr. Raymond Dokpesi / Maku Denies Calling Jonathan A Boko Haram Sponsor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

President Goodluck Jonathan, A President Living In Denial ~ 27naira by 27naira(m): 9:32am On Jan 11, 2015
I am from the South East, I grew up in a society that is apolitical, and i never knew the name of my Local Govt Chairman.
Things changed the moment the financial crisis of the 2008 set in, i lost my first job and became "aware" of the effects fiscal and political decisions can have on all of us.

Fast forward to present, i have watched with keen interest the political gimmicks put up by the current administration at Federal level, feeding off of the hopes of every Nigerian for a brighter tomorrow. words like "set to" and "plan to" has become a common phrase that has begin to irritate many Nigerians as myself. To cap the assault on the common sense of every Nigerian, the FG continues to dish out statistics about Job creation and positive performance of the Economy, you can't help but wonder why the "growth" is not trickling down.

I have a grudge towards the Federal Government, for allowing a non elected, non political figurehead, Mrs Patience Jonathan to influence the political sphere especially in the South-South. She has amassed so much influence that one wonders how a Government guided by a constitution has allowed so much and even shaded so much unconstitutional parallel government. The wife of a president is NOT AN ELECTED officer and should not operate unless in the capacity of a charity administrator or Non-governmental agent figurehead. NOT a King maker.

Goodluck Azikiwe Ebele Jonathan, has shown ineptitude and lack either ideas or interest in tackling the insurgency happening in Northern Nigeria. In 2014, it was published in the dailies that "NAF set to take delivery of Mi-24D attack helicopters in Aug 2014", These dailies that were quick to sing the "set to" part never published a single line about this issue anymore. Most likely it was a farce or it got "botched" half way or the delivery happened but we will use them for the 3rd world war. My point is, Goodluck does not care!. He has not addressed the Nation on issues regarding the insurgency, Not on my TV. He has stopped showing remorse for the attacks but will rather condemn terror attacks in Paris or wherever.
Thousands are dying but our National Flag never flew at half mast. Bombs goes off like new year's fireworks and not a word is said by the present Government. 10s and 10s of thousands keep dying but no blueprint has been presented to tackle terror. How do we live through this? How? The Doyin Okupe guy was quick to come to twitter to challenge the figures on the casualties of deadly attach in Baga that happened 2 days ago, claiming that we are in a political period and some of these things are expected. Even if it is 1 person that died, those that make it any better? How does this man sleep at night? by the way, it is estimated that the dead toll might be up to 2000!

Children are kidnapped and coerced to become suicide bombers. the 200 Chibok girls have gradually faded from our memories which is exactly the game plan of the Federal Government. For every one girl child kidnapped and strapped with an explosive, Goodluck Jonathan who is the chief security officer, his team and supporters are responsible for her tears and blood. Why have we not taken the war to the enemy in Sambisa forest, why have we not equipped our military to fight this war, why do we blame France, Chad, USA, Israel, why do we blame Buhari for our incompetence? but we lavish millions and millions of USD on frivolities and useless security vaults to our useless law makers?

The truth is that if we allow this status quo to remain, We may have running trains from Lagos to Kano but no passengers to fill the seats.

God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria!
We are one country with one destiny, a country united by the blood of our fallen heros, by the tears and blood of Chibok and Baga, by the soiled and contaminated farm lands that span the Niger delta, by the Amajiris that plead for your kobo and pray for the next meal, by our common police that is quick to harass and assault, by our greedy and Godless politicians who are willing to sacrifice you and me to retain their political office, oh Yes! we share the same destiny no matter our differences.

- NAF set to take delivery of Mi-24D Hind attack Helicopters by Aug 2014

- FG set to Commission Kashimbila multipurpose Dam Feb 2015

- FG set to build Nigeria First Entertainment City Nov 2014

- FG set to actualize a Private Sector Driven Economy - 2014

- FG set to achieve self sufficiency in Rice production - 2014

- FG to commence work on second Niger Bridge - 2013

- End of Boko haram, Nigeria Military set to train on counter terrorism 2013

- FG set to launch 600 Agric Machinery hiring center - 2014

- FG set to revive textile sector - 2009

Finally,

BOKOHARAM set to free Chibok girls - Federal Government of Nigeria, Oct 2014

Unemployment rate in Nigeria is Unknown, but estimated at 30%
More than 70% of employed citizens are under employed.

27 Naira

(1) (Reply)

Why Lagos Youths Prefer Akinwunmi Ambode To Jimi Agbaje. / Gen.Olukolade Asks Nigerians 2 Tweet BokoHaram Questions 2 Him ,Read His Answers / Barcanista; From Hero To Zero

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.