Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,099 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Important Question Of The Day! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Important Question Of The Day! (1311 Views)

Question Of The Day : Does Alum Truly Tighten The Vagina And How Safe Is It? i / 16 Most Important Question And Answers About National Open University Of Nigeria / Question Of The Day: Which Part Of The Body Organ Never Rest? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Important Question Of The Day! by Nobody: 10:36am On Jan 11, 2015
Good morning all.
I have these question that has kept me wondering and wondering almost anytime I come across any articles that possess such things.

These are things we come across each time we are reading/writing an article we find out that some words are usually spelled starting the first letter with a capital letter. Even when the words are not coming after a full stop or a paragraph. I mean words like this below:
God!
Google
Nigeria
Uk
Usa
Etc.

They are too many and iv tried to give myself some reasons why they are so but I can't assure myself of that.
Please I need someone who know why such words possess such attributes should explain to me and I believe others who has no idea about these will also learn from these thread. Thanks
Re: Important Question Of The Day! by odeku457(m): 10:40am On Jan 11, 2015
Okay nah... waiting too
Re: Important Question Of The Day! by IKJ66(m): 10:41am On Jan 11, 2015
u̶̲̥̅̊ no go school ??

1 Like

Re: Important Question Of The Day! by Nobody: 10:43am On Jan 11, 2015
IKJ66:
u̶̲̥̅̊ no go school ??

Oga leave u no go skul out of this. If you know it you help out. Did you learn everything in school? I doubt your answer will be yes.
Re: Important Question Of The Day! by IKJ66(m): 10:46am On Jan 11, 2015
pureguide:

Oga leave u no go skul out of this. If you know it you help out. Did you learn everything in school? I doubt your answer will be yes.
. Go ÅΩ̴̴̩̩̩̥̩ð learn about noun ÅΩ̴̴̩̩̩̥̩ð. Its type,that would help
Re: Important Question Of The Day! by Nobody: 10:49am On Jan 11, 2015
IKJ66:
. Go ÅΩ̴̴̩̩̩̥̩ð learn about noun ÅΩ̴̴̩̩̩̥̩ð. Its type,that would help
really? These is beginning to sound familiar to me! So you mean to tell me that any noun must start with a capital letter? Please answer me
Re: Important Question Of The Day! by IKJ66(m): 10:53am On Jan 11, 2015
pureguide:
really? These is beginning to sound familiar to me! So you mean to tell me that any noun must start with a capital letter? Please answer me
Proper nouns !!!!!
Re: Important Question Of The Day! by yinkus4u2c(f): 10:57am On Jan 11, 2015
IKJ66:
u̶̲̥̅̊ no go school ??

i no know for am ooo
abeg help us ask
Re: Important Question Of The Day! by Nobody: 11:03am On Jan 11, 2015
IKJ66:

Proper nouns !!!!!
thanks a million bro! I really appreciate this! I hope I can repay you somehow for the help.

Am glad
Re: Important Question Of The Day! by sseunth(m): 11:19am On Jan 11, 2015
it is bcus they are proper nouns....u strt dem with capital letter
Re: Important Question Of The Day! by Nobody: 11:25am On Jan 11, 2015
sseunth:
it is bcus they are proper nouns....u strt dem with capital letter

Thanks bro!
Re: Important Question Of The Day! by Truth24(m): 11:32am On Jan 11, 2015
Op no vex ooo, but u been no finish skul?
Re: Important Question Of The Day! by Nobody: 11:40am On Jan 11, 2015
Truth24:
Op no vex ooo, but u been no finish skul?
Yes
Re: Important Question Of The Day! by JOETYNO: 12:54pm On Jan 11, 2015
I am totally disappointed in U, OP

Nouns are taught in primary schools, even in Junior Secondary.
Re: Important Question Of The Day! by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jan 11, 2015
JOETYNO:
I am totally disappointed in U, OP

Nouns are taught in primary schools, even in Junior Secondary.

Now that you are totally disappointed in me! What has it change?

Oh I guess am now ashamed of myself. And you are now proud of yourself.

Oya be happy Mr. Only if you knew how I managed to skul. I didn't attend primary skul, neither did I attend secondary school. Because I lost my dad @ the age of five! And ma aunty never wanted me to goto school. But am happy I was able to pick courage at the age of 18 to attend waec lessons and am happy to inform you that am currently doing my HND at federal polytechnic Nekede in owerri imo state.

Addition to it am also a website designer/developer look my signature you will see.

My post is because I want to learn, what I don't know. Instead of you to teach me you are here criticizing me. Anyways thanks a lot your comment has been noted.

Lesson for you. Don't be ashamed to admit what you don't know. And don't feel too big to learn.

Thank You.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Important Question Of The Day! by JOETYNO: 2:31pm On Jan 11, 2015
pureguide:

Now that you are totally disappointed in me! What has it change?

Oh I guess am now ashamed of myself. And you are now proud of yourself.

Oya be happy Mr. Only if you knew how I managed to skul. I didn't attend primary skul, neither did I attend secondary school. Because I lost my dad @ the age of five! And ma aunty never wanted me to goto school. But am happy I was able to pick courage at the age of 18 to attend waec lessons and am happy to inform you that am currently doing my HND at federal polytechnic Nekede in owerri imo state.

Addition to it am also a website designer/developer look my signature you will see.

My post is because I want to learn, what I don't know. Instead of you to teach me you are here criticizing me. Anyways thanks a lot your comment has been noted.

Lesson for you. Don't be ashamed to admit what you don't know. And don't feel too big to learn.

Thank You.

eh ya!!!! Am so touched bro, am so sorry for my quick and rash conclusion, we share a kinda similar fate buh, ma mum saw me through, I finance maself too in ma high school now.

Pls forgive bro, am sowie

lets relate bro, We stand to gain more from eachoda, I need a site and am a Net freak. Holla me, am near thou
Re: Important Question Of The Day! by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jan 11, 2015
JOETYNO:

eh ya!!!! Am so touched bro, am so sorry for my quick and rash conclusion, we share a kinda similar fate buh, ma mum saw me through, I finance maself too in ma high school now.

Pls forgive bro, am sowie

lets relate bro, We stand to gain more from eachoda, I need a site and am a Net freak. Holla me, am near thou

Thanks man. Am happy u understand! Atleast now iv known these.

Am Michael . Are u on bbm or whatsapp? If yest use the details on my signature to get to me.

I'd be glad to render my web design service to you
Re: Important Question Of The Day! by JOETYNO: 2:48pm On Jan 11, 2015
pureguide:

Thanks man. Am happy u understand! Atleast now iv known these.

Am Michael . Are u on bbm or whatsapp? If yest use the details on my signature to get to me.

I'd be glad to render my web design service to you

More than Web design service bro, I'm Valentine (code name May9ne)

gonna contact U via ?up
Re: Important Question Of The Day! by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 11, 2015
JOETYNO:

More than Web design service bro, I'm Valentine (code name May9ne)

gonna contact U via ?up

Ok bro! Will be waiting,
Re: Important Question Of The Day! by Karleb(m): 8:17pm On Jan 11, 2015
Olodo ni boy yi sha!

Anything noun especially proper noun always starts with a capital letter irrespective of where they are in a sentence.

E.g Olu visited Nairaland and Google with Tolu's phone to read about the Nigerian who treked to USA with his Canadian friend because a man of God asked him to do so.
Re: Important Question Of The Day! by holyboss: 8:33pm On Jan 11, 2015
Karleb:

E.g Olu visited Nairaland and Google with Tolu's phone to read about the Nigerian who treked to USA with his Canadian friend because a man of God asked him to do so.
hehehehe @the bolded grin that had better b just an example O! undecided
Re: Important Question Of The Day! by Karleb(m): 8:43pm On Jan 11, 2015
holyboss:
hehehehe @the bolded grin that had better b just an example O! undecided

What if he treked from a country that shares thesame border with USA i.e take 10 steps forward and you are in the state, ten another 10 steps backward and you are back to where you are from. wink

That he's a Nigerian is not equal to he treked from Nigeria.
Re: Important Question Of The Day! by holyboss: 9:30am On Jan 12, 2015
Karleb:

What if he treked from a country that shares thesame border with USA i.e take 10 steps forward and you are in the state, ten another 10 steps backward and you are back to where you are from. wink

That he's a Nigerian is not equal to he treked from Nigeria.
I grab. Boh knowing he optioned to trek cos his pastor told him to is weird undecided like WTF embarassed wud u do that?
Re: Important Question Of The Day! by Karleb(m): 11:45am On Jan 12, 2015
holyboss:
I grab. Boh knowing he optioned to trek cos his pastor told him to is weird undecided like WTF embarassed wud u do that?

That is why it's an example. undecided

On a more serious note, many Nigerian will dive into a crocodile filled river without thinking twice if their pastor ask them to do so. As for me, no!
Re: Important Question Of The Day! by holyboss: 1:54pm On Jan 12, 2015
Karleb:

That is why it's an example. undecided

On a more serious note, many Nigerian will dive into a crocodile filled river without thinking twice if their pastor ask them to do so. As for me, no!
That's 9ja for u undecided lot of insane act all in d name of religion
Re: Important Question Of The Day! by Oraeri30: 11:53am On Jan 26, 2015
Don't let this pass you by no matter who you are
This is a Philosophy and Religion project topic and material. But you need to see this, well written to "A" standard
click
Death of God in the Philosophy of Friedrich Nietzsche: A Critique
http://uniprojectsearch.com/death-god-phil…zsche-critique/

(1) (Reply)

UP Police Constable Merit List/ Cut Off Marks Medical 2015 / UNIUYO JUPEB Basic Studies Admission Form – 2015/16 / Please, Is There Any Difference Between JAMB Cut-off And Post UME Cut-off?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.