Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

What Folk Stories Were You Told As A Child - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Folk Stories Were You Told As A Child (915 Views)

The Place Of Folk Tradition In African Literature. ]by Kobo Freeman Korkara. / Story Of Sylvestar Stallone(rocky) One Of The SADDEST Stories Ever Told In Holly / What Folk Stories Were You Told As A Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Folk Stories Were You Told As A Child by popy35: 6:59pm On Jan 11, 2015
;DSo I was laying on my bed cooking up fairy tales in my head then it struck me how different cultures interprete myth and fantasies and in the African setting its moon light tales and folk stories mostly causal and effect kind of stories to scare the third world demon out of us. If you remember any or have any favourites, pls list them. I particularly love the "Mr all of you tale" it taught me a life long lesson on greed. Pls add yours!
Re: What Folk Stories Were You Told As A Child by motherlode: 7:03pm On Jan 11, 2015
Ijapa tiroko omo yannibo! Thanks to those involved in this book.
Mine was ijapa ati aja - aja duro de mi leru................... grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

In Need Of African Novels / Submit At Free Poetry Contest In Nigeria! / Diary Of An Isoko Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.