Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,175 members, 7,835,924 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Obiano Bags Usafrica's Nigerian Governor Of The Year 2014 Award - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obiano Bags Usafrica's Nigerian Governor Of The Year 2014 Award (1386 Views)

See Governor Obiano's "Stylish" Handshake That Has Got People Talking. Photos / A Nigerian Governor Declared Mentally Ill. / Tony Blair At The Nigerian Governor's Forum In Abuja - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obiano Bags Usafrica's Nigerian Governor Of The Year 2014 Award by Huffington: 8:17pm On Jan 11, 2015
Anambra State Governor, Chief Willie Obiano was awarded "Nigeria's Governor of the Year 2014" at the weekend in Houston, Texas by the USAfrica.

While speaking as the special guest of honour at the USAfrica Interactive Forum the Governor urged the international business community and Nigerians in the Diaspora who wish to invest in his state to take advantage of the one stop agency, the Anambra State Investment Promotion and Protection Agency (ANSIPPA) to make such investments without the rigmarole of dealing with multiple, incoherent agencies and offices.

The former banker and auditor also listed prudent management of the resources of the State, economic enablers and aggressive attack on all forms of crime as the highlights of his performance in the past nine months of his administration. Gov Obiano hinted that “even as my government is being commended for several achievements, we are going to achieve more significant projects in 2015 such as a cargo airport and an inland seaport. The flyover projects in Awka will be ready for use.”

In his welcoming remarks, Dr. Chido Nwangwu, the Founder & Publisher of USAfrica, described “Gov. Obiano as a high-achiever who has dominated his environment in Anambra and has within 9 months left indelible marks on the Anambra landscape. I think he’s a technocrat who has made Anambra better and a humanitarian.” Further explaining why Obiano bagged the prestigious recognition, Dr. Nwangwu noted that “since taking over the mantle of leadership of Anambra State, the banker turned politician has, with purposeful zeal attracted investments and with the courageous heart of a bull, confronted criminals and miscreants who had unleashed mayhem and gripped the peace loving people of the state in the throes of trepidation, fear and death.

In attendance were the First Lady of Anambra State, Chief Mrs. Ebelechukwu Obiano and her daughter, Ndi Anambra in Diaspora and distinguished members of the Interactive Forum.
http://ndibenonso..com/2015/01/obiano-bags-usafricas-nigerian-governor.html

(Visit link for more pictures and details)

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Bags Usafrica's Nigerian Governor Of The Year 2014 Award by emmysoftyou: 8:21pm On Jan 11, 2015
Wow...willie dota fine ocheesy
even the wife,abeg back to the topic...

He deserved award
Yes he deserve it cheesy

One good thing I like willie obiano is that,
He is always on the run to meet up with development and the masterplans of anambra state..

He is a no dulling governor cos of his transformation agenda in anambra state..

Anambra has taking new clothes,a new look,a new design,and a new outfit..
He has sets the clothes on so that anambrarians and non indigenes can fashionised the cities...

We cannot denied those days when anambra
state was not part of the
book of clean and green but today..

Governor obinwa is really working hard to make anambra a better place to be..

God bless the governor..
God bless the anambrarians..

We shall overtake the west in due time..cool

4 Likes

Re: Obiano Bags Usafrica's Nigerian Governor Of The Year 2014 Award by funkiebully: 8:24pm On Jan 11, 2015
My amiable governor. U deserve it. I traveled for Christmas, I saw ur good works. God bless u.

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Bags Usafrica's Nigerian Governor Of The Year 2014 Award by NRIPRIEST(m): 8:43pm On Jan 11, 2015
Obago!

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Bags Usafrica's Nigerian Governor Of The Year 2014 Award by gratiaeo(m): 8:45pm On Jan 11, 2015
Not time for celebration yet
Re: Obiano Bags Usafrica's Nigerian Governor Of The Year 2014 Award by IGBOSON1: 9:00pm On Jan 11, 2015
I reckon he deserves it considering what he's done in his state within so short a time! The feat is even more impressive when one considers he didn't spend a full year as Governor in 2014!

Though, what i find to be his greatest achievement thus far isn't even the physical infrastructure presently being built in the state, but rather i would say it's the new mindset he's brought to bear on the residents and diaspora of the state: a new bullish can-do philosophy; a reawakening of the legendary indomitable Igbo spirit! This, even more than the physical stuff we see on ground will prove to be the catalyst that will spur the state to raise like a Pheonix from the ashes of decades of neglect!

6 Likes

Re: Obiano Bags Usafrica's Nigerian Governor Of The Year 2014 Award by Ngwakwe: 9:02pm On Jan 11, 2015
I thought they said he will be Obi's wrapper.

This is still the only campaign against Dr Okezie Ikpeazu. Instead of on dwelling on facts and understanding of challenges facing the State, people tend to hide their hate behind rhetoric for political expediencies.
Re: Obiano Bags Usafrica's Nigerian Governor Of The Year 2014 Award by Gamechanger: 9:09pm On Jan 11, 2015
A well deserved one. Kudos Mr. Governor. At least for giving Anambrarians tight security, you deserve an award.[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Bags Usafrica's Nigerian Governor Of The Year 2014 Award by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jan 11, 2015
Obiano pls remove all these agboros from the streets and roads...
Re: Obiano Bags Usafrica's Nigerian Governor Of The Year 2014 Award by Kemy11(m): 9:15pm On Jan 11, 2015
Obiakpo na enye nsogbu

1 Like

Re: Obiano Bags Usafrica's Nigerian Governor Of The Year 2014 Award by NRIPRIEST(m): 9:19pm On Jan 11, 2015
IGBOSON1:
I reckon he deserves it considering what he's done in his state within so short a time! The feat is even more impressive when one considers he didn't spend a full year as Governor in 2014!

Though, what i find to be his greatest achievement thus far isn't even the physical infrastructure presently being built in the state, but rather i would say it's the new mindset he's brought to bear on the residents and diaspora of the state: a new bullish can-do philosophy; a reawakening of the legendary indomitable Igbo spirit! This, even more than the physical stuff we see on ground will prove to be the catalyst that will spur the state to raise like a Pheonix from the ashes of decades of neglect!

Nice one,right there.
Re: Obiano Bags Usafrica's Nigerian Governor Of The Year 2014 Award by eaglechild: 9:22pm On Jan 11, 2015
Impressive and based on genuine strides made to better his state.

Not that fake poll about Amaechi
Re: Obiano Bags Usafrica's Nigerian Governor Of The Year 2014 Award by NRIPRIEST(m): 9:27pm On Jan 11, 2015
Ngwakwe:
I thought they said he will be Obi's wrapper.

This is still the only campaign against Dr Okezie Ikpeazu. Instead of on dwelling on facts and understanding of challenges facing the State, people tend to hide their hate behind rhetoric for political expediencies.

It was easy for Obi to convince Anambrarians to vote for Obiano because of his(Obi) impressive performance that shook all corners of the state. It made it easy for the voting populace to believe/trust his judgement and that extended to Obiano's victory. Now,for an underperforming governor like T.A Orji to pull the same stunt will be near impossible. You are definitely comparing different scenarios. Otti is the most qualified to replicate what Obiano is doing in Anambra in Abia. Daalu.

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Bags Usafrica's Nigerian Governor Of The Year 2014 Award by NRIPRIEST(m): 9:29pm On Jan 11, 2015
eaglechild:
Impressive and based on genuine strides made to better his state.

Not that fake poll about Amaechi

APC propaganda,you meant ?
Re: Obiano Bags Usafrica's Nigerian Governor Of The Year 2014 Award by Macelliot(m): 9:34pm On Jan 11, 2015
Mellin:
Obiano pls remove all these agboros from the streets and roads...
Oboy, u no dey updated.
They have been cleared off by some hungry-looking soldiers under Gov. Obiano's command.
Re: Obiano Bags Usafrica's Nigerian Governor Of The Year 2014 Award by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jan 11, 2015
Macelliot:

Oboy, u no dey updated.
They have been cleared off by some hungry-looking soldiers under Gov. Obiano's command.
when,where and how?all these ones collecting 850 each from asaba bus drivers everyday na wetin?even the ones wey dey uga junction by express abi dem too no be agboro?asaba wey be 5 mins journey na em all these agboros go come influence the price to 200 and 150
Re: Obiano Bags Usafrica's Nigerian Governor Of The Year 2014 Award by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jan 11, 2015
Overhyped Champagne lover
Re: Obiano Bags Usafrica's Nigerian Governor Of The Year 2014 Award by Ngwakwe: 9:58pm On Jan 11, 2015
NRIPRIEST:

It was easy for Obi to convince Anambrarians to vote for Obiano because of his(Obi) impressive performance that shook all corners of the state. It made it easy for the voting populace to believe/trust his judgement and that extended to Obiano's victory. Now,for an underperforming governor like T.A Orji to pull the same stunt will be near impossible. You are definitely comparing different scenarios. Otti is the most qualified to replicate what Obiano is doing in Anambra in Abia. Daalu.

You don't understand Abia Politics.

Is anybody campaigning against T. A. Orji and his son Chinedu move to Senate and House of Assembly respectively? Why Dr Okezie then?

T. A. Orji neglected Aba because he has no connection to the city and secondly for the embarrassment he received from Aba during Ojukwu's burial. He had no plans for Aba but Umuahia.

Aside from infrastructure and Town planning, T. A. Orji got it right in Universal Basic Education, Health and Security.
Re: Obiano Bags Usafrica's Nigerian Governor Of The Year 2014 Award by NRIPRIEST(m): 10:02pm On Jan 11, 2015
BuddahMonk:

We need to chat and its important.
Re: Obiano Bags Usafrica's Nigerian Governor Of The Year 2014 Award by aresa: 10:08pm On Jan 11, 2015
This is a ibo website based in Houston created by some Chido Nweangwu and nearly all their ramblings on that website are ibo related with zero refrence to the rest of Nigeria so of what relevance is this to the rest of Nigerians or even the meaning of the best in Nigerian when in fact this is primarily a ibo website that carries only ibo stories primarily Anambra stories..?

smh....

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Bags Usafrica's Nigerian Governor Of The Year 2014 Award by futmxconnectn(m): 10:09pm On Jan 11, 2015
BuddahMonk:
He doesn't takes beer, he drinks only champagne. Lol
Re: Obiano Bags Usafrica's Nigerian Governor Of The Year 2014 Award by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jan 11, 2015
Onye obi akpo congratulation.

I know you will pop the most expensive champagne tonight.
Re: Obiano Bags Usafrica's Nigerian Governor Of The Year 2014 Award by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jan 11, 2015
futmxconnectn:

For sure. The wife na one kinda Mgbeke
Re: Obiano Bags Usafrica's Nigerian Governor Of The Year 2014 Award by NRIPRIEST(m): 10:20pm On Jan 11, 2015
Ngwakwe:

You don't understand Abia Politics.

Is anybody campaigning against T. A. Orji and his son Chinedu move to Senate and House of Assembly respectively? Why Dr Okezie then?

T. A. Orji neglected Aba because he has no connection to the city and secondly for the embarrassment he received from Aba during Ojukwu's burial. He had no plans for Aba but Umuahia.

Aside from infrastructure and Town planning, T. A. Orji got it right in Universal Basic Education, Health and Security.

Maybe I dont understand Abia politics but some things are just common sense. T. A. Orji was mocked because of his neglect for Aba,period.Now, I dont know if you are trying to say that you are satisfied with his overall performances or that the open rejection of Orji and his family by well meaning Abians is new to you . But I knwo that people have openly criticised his failure to reform and relaunch Abia as an economic powerhouse and the resentment are there for everyone to see. Any governor who ruled Abia and failed to fix Aba is a grand failure because the city is the golden goose that lay the golden egg. So,failure to fix Aba is a total failure to fix Abia....and on this ground we can say that T.A Orji has failed Abia and at such must be rejected and this includes anybody he tries to force on the long suffering Ndi Abia.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Bags Usafrica's Nigerian Governor Of The Year 2014 Award by NRIPRIEST(m): 10:21pm On Jan 11, 2015
futmxconnectn:

Whats your point ?
Re: Obiano Bags Usafrica's Nigerian Governor Of The Year 2014 Award by NRIPRIEST(m): 10:24pm On Jan 11, 2015
aresa:
This is a ibo website based in Houston created by some Chido Nweangwu and nearly all their ramblings on that website are ibo related with zero refrence to the rest of Nigeria so of what relevance is this to the rest of Nigerians or even the meaning of the best in Nigerian when in fact this is primarily a ibo website that carries only ibo stories primarily Anambra stories..?

smh....

So,who is performing more than Obiano?
You are so blind because you think you can see!

1 Like

Re: Obiano Bags Usafrica's Nigerian Governor Of The Year 2014 Award by aresa: 10:47pm On Jan 11, 2015
NRIPRIEST:

So,who is performing more than Obiano?
You are so blind because you think you can see!

It depend on your interpretation, but definitely not on any sane, rational, sensible metrics and realities on the ground in all corners of Nigeria..

This is just ibo website primarily catering to ibo people and not the rest of Nigeria so of what relevance is their award to the rest of Nigeria?

http://usafricaonline.com/category/commentaries-and-insights/

^^^^^^ Primarily ibo related...

1 Like

Re: Obiano Bags Usafrica's Nigerian Governor Of The Year 2014 Award by FreeGlobe(f): 10:52pm On Jan 11, 2015
NRIPRIEST:

Maybe I dont understand Abia politics but some things are just common sense. T. A. Orji was mocked because of his neglect for Aba,period.Now, I dont know if you are trying to say that you are satisfied with his overall performances or that the open rejection of Orji and his family by well meaning Abians is new to you . But I knwo that people have openly criticised his failure to reform and relaunch Abia as an economic powerhouse and the resentment are there for everyone to see. Any governor who ruled Abia and failed to fix Aba is a grand failure because the city is the golden goose that lay the golden egg. So,failure to fix Aba is a total failure to fix Abia....and on this ground we can say that T.A Orji has failed Abia and at such must be rejected and this includes anybody he tries to force on the long suffering Ndi Abia.
I agree with you, same applies to Peter obi. Peter obi failed Anambra and I won't be surprised if T.A Orji uses the "FG support" rigging template obi used to install Obiano for Abia. That's right innit? Hypocrite!
Re: Obiano Bags Usafrica's Nigerian Governor Of The Year 2014 Award by NRIPRIEST(m): 11:17pm On Jan 11, 2015
aresa:

It depend on your interpretation, but definitely not on any sane, rational, sensible metrics and realities on the ground in all corners of Nigeria..

This is just ibo website primarily catering to ibo people and not the rest of Nigeria so of what relevance is their award to the rest of Nigeria?

I hope you apply this same logic whenever you do your various ratings....ha
We dey here.
Re: Obiano Bags Usafrica's Nigerian Governor Of The Year 2014 Award by aresa: 11:44pm On Jan 11, 2015
[s]
NRIPRIEST:

I hope you apply this same logic whenever you do your various ratings....ha
We dey here.
[/s]

Meaningless...
Re: Obiano Bags Usafrica's Nigerian Governor Of The Year 2014 Award by IGBOSON1: 12:00am On Jan 12, 2015
aresa:

^^^You've not answered his question!

All things considered, if not Obiano, who then do you think merits the award for Governor of the year for 2014?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Nigerian Drug Courier Daniel Enemuo To Be Executed Today In Indonesia / Gen IBB Statement After GEJ Left His Home In Minna / APC Mocks PDP With A Monkey Draped With Flag And Logo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.