Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,137 members, 7,814,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Its A Lie That Jonathan Has Been President For 6years ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Its A Lie That Jonathan Has Been President For 6years ! (1089 Views)

Igbo Would Have Been President If They Understood Nigerian Politics – Igbokwe / Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic / BASKET MOUTH SAYS GOODLUCK STOLE MONEY FOR 6YEARS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Its A Lie That Jonathan Has Been President For 6years ! by davies123: 11:49pm On Jan 11, 2015
I am weary of the lies,deceits, blackmails and propaganda peddled by some elements against Jonathan...The least you can do before you attack is get your facts right....

Get simple facts right,Jonathan has been president 4 years ,7months he was swarn in for the first time on the 6th May 2010..

Is this so difficult to figure out?!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Its A Lie That Jonathan Has Been President For 6years ! by BraveAfrican(m): 11:57pm On Jan 11, 2015
Re: Its A Lie That Jonathan Has Been President For 6years ! by davies123: 12:11am On Jan 12, 2015
BraveAfrican:
A MUST READ »»»

www.nairaland.com/2086272/2015-presidential-elections-dilemma-average

I read your quote and I must confess one of a few on this forum who can express his thoughts with so much intelligence and decorum... Kudos to you

Your exact thoughts is what I have been expressing to many . I have posted your thread here
Re: Its A Lie That Jonathan Has Been President For 6years ! by davies123: 12:15am On Jan 12, 2015
davies123:
I am weary of the lies,deceits, blackmails and propaganda peddled by some elements against Jonathan...The least you can do before you attack is get your facts right....

Get simple facts right,Jonathan has been president 4 years ,7months he was swarn in for the first time on the 6th May 2010.

The upcoming presidential elections on February 14, 2015 will go down in history as the most agitating/competitive tussle for power at the centre in the anals of our democracy. The competition has been so fierce that the divide in the political atmosphere of the country is evident not only between the two major contestants (GEJ&GMB), their parties (PDP&APC) but also down to their loyalists who span every sector of the Nigerian economy including the Nigerian youths (mostly students, fresh graduates & few working class).

The die is cast and both sides are tearing down at each other fighting tooth and nail to warm their way into the hearts of the electorates; all this is the norm in any healthy and fair democracy. The burden falls to us (electorates) to ignore all the hustle and bustle of their campaigns, manifestoes and propagandas to carefully in our private closets decipher what is truly BEST for us based on the personalities of the aspirants, their track records and history. My inspiration to write this comes from the percieved misconception of my contemporaries (Nigerian youths) about the aspirants...we have allowed the distractions of all the propagandas and campaign psychics sweep us off our tracks. Like every Nigerian youth, I desperately crave for a change in all sectors of the Nigerian economy. I feel troubled and uncertain about what the future holds when I look at the situation of things around the country. This singular reason was why I somewhat saw a glimpse of hope when the APC merger emerged with the belief that a major contender to the autonomy of the PDP at the central would shake things up a bit and set us on the right path. The APC in all sense of it has looked very bright and promising..."most" of their states seem to experience some form of transformation but there has been a major derail in the trend of all this since the inception of all this "decamping" by various politicians from other political parties. This has made me to realise that if truly our democracy is to move forward as a nation, we must look beyond "party politics" and focus on the aspirants of the various offices.

All this been said, the APC in my humble opinion made a terrible mistake in their candidate of choice for the forthcoming presidential elections. The APC has based its campaign on change because they know its what all Nigerians crave...we are a lot wiser now than ever before. Like everyone else, I desperately crave a change but if we are to truly go for a change, let's be sure of what we are dabbling into. Is the APC trying to tell me they have to recycle a ex-military leader who ruled over three (3) decades ago ? Don't we have better options and brains to lead us into the future. We the youths have to realise we are in the 21st century. A lot of things have evolved. Its evident in the performance of some young politicians....most of the best performing state governors are from a younger generation. GEJ's campaign speech in Lagos might be wrong in every sense to anyone who likes but he got one thing right --- "Our fathers have failed us".

We all desire a change but it should be a positive change and not just recycling old junks...APC may be that platform to offer change but in my own humble opinion, GMB is not what we really need at this point in time. The APC has in the desperate quest to seize the central power from the PDP mortgaged its presidential candidacy to the wrong man. I want not just any change, I want a POSITIVE CHANGE...a positive change has nothing to do with a change of party either PDP/APC/APGA/etc...its in the individual/person in question. APC offers a change in the party dominance of the PDP at the helm of affairs but they served the wrong menu (GMB) to the electorates. Its disheartening to see that in desperation for a change that we all seek, the Nigerian youths are prepared to go down any lane regardless of its consequences just to break off the status quo...this should not be. I greatly fault GEJ for focusing more on setting policies and structures that would benefit our nation in the long run and not tackling many other very urgent needs but in all sincerity my folks, no one can do it all.

The magnitude of change we seek is gradual but steady pace is needed towards it. Voting in GMB will truly offer a change but the question is: "a change from what?"...is it just a change of party from PDP to APC that we desire? Is it just a change of Presidents from GEJ to GMB? In our uttermost hearts my friends, the CHANGE we truly desire is MUCH MORE than that...let's not get carried away. GMB is a form of change but like it or not, its a visit to our past; we are just going on a tour in history. GEJ too is not in any form of it perfect but GMB is a couple of decades late to the party. Let APC/APGA/PDP/SDP/LP/etc offer us a vibrant, intelligent, upright and efficient aspirant in the future and that change we truly crave would have arrived. In conclusion, voting in GMB means our fate is virtually sealed for the next eight( 8 ) years because of his second term while voting GEJ is a four(4) year gamble since he is on his last ticket.

In my opinion, I would rather stick with the status quo for four(4) years than seal my fate to the unknown for eight( 8 ) years. Our PERFECT CHANGE will come but fellow Nigerian youths, its not here yet...God bless Nigeria.

NB:: This post is original to "BraveAfrican"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Its A Lie That Jonathan Has Been President For 6years ! by sigmundfreud(m): 12:42am On Jan 12, 2015
Nice piece.
Perfect change is an illusion which you should not allow to becloud your judgment.
4 years ago GMB was not looking this good as many were skeptical concerning his intentions but Goodluck has exhausted the goodwill that brought him into office and is now bankrupt on integrity, aptitude and confidence.
We don't need 4 or 6 years to know when something is not working...We can know in 2(6-4)!
If we Vote in GMB and he does not perform we will vote him out in 4 years time. Our dear GEJ has had his chance..time for #CHANGE!

1 Like

Re: Its A Lie That Jonathan Has Been President For 6years ! by publicenemy(m): 1:00am On Jan 12, 2015
#AnybodybutGEJ.
Re: Its A Lie That Jonathan Has Been President For 6years ! by scribble: 1:10am On Jan 12, 2015
Some of our elected officials can't count

Like kwankwaso and that goat fashola

They say the 6 Years to make his scorecard look worse.
Re: Its A Lie That Jonathan Has Been President For 6years ! by Adminisher: 1:16am On Jan 12, 2015
davies123:

Get simple facts right,Jonathan has been president 4 years ,7months he was swarn in for the first time on the 6th May 2010.

Okay but when is he leaving?

4 Likes

Re: Its A Lie That Jonathan Has Been President For 6years ! by davies123: 11:35am On Jan 12, 2015
sigmundfreud:
Nice piece.
Perfect change is an illusion which you should not allow to becloud your judgment.
4 years ago GMB was not looking this good as many were skeptical concerning his intentions but Goodluck has exhausted the goodwill that brought him into office and is now bankrupt on integrity, aptitude and confidence.
We don't need 4 or 6 years to know when something is not working...We can know in 2(6-4)!
If we Vote in GMB and he does not perform we will vote him out in 4 years time. Our dear GEJ has had his chance..time for #CHANGE!

You are contradicting yourself as GMB has been presidents before and nothing worked as so if you didn't learn from that experience,that's if you where alive when will you learn?
Re: Its A Lie That Jonathan Has Been President For 6years ! by sigmundfreud(m): 2:52pm On Jan 12, 2015
davies123:

You are contradicting yourself as GMB has been presidents before and nothing worked as so if you didn't learn from that experience,that's if you where alive when will you learn?
No.
You just didn't get the point.
We will all learn after FEBUHARI 14 grin
Re: Its A Lie That Jonathan Has Been President For 6years ! by sigmundfreud(m): 2:53pm On Jan 12, 2015
Adminisher:

Okay but when is he leaving?
May 29, 2015.
Re: Its A Lie That Jonathan Has Been President For 6years ! by sigmundfreud(m): 2:57pm On Jan 12, 2015
scribble:
Some of our elected officials can't count

Like kwankwaso and that goat fashola

They say the 6 Years to make his scorecard look worse.
Okay.
So we agree the score card is bad grin
4, 4years 7 months, 6...still bad.
Fashola a goat? That's for another discussion. I don't like insulting people like that but Fashola is a better goat than Jonathan tongue
Re: Its A Lie That Jonathan Has Been President For 6years ! by superstar1(m): 3:12pm On Jan 12, 2015
He was acting President for a year before he was sworn in as president after Yar Adua's demise.

Get your facts right.
Re: Its A Lie That Jonathan Has Been President For 6years ! by DelectableAutos: 7:40am On Jan 21, 2015
He was made acting president on the 9th of February 2010, he was acting president for just 3 months, Yar'adua left Nigeria for Saudi Arabia on the 23rd of November 2009, so how could he have acted for 1 year

(1) (Reply)

My 100 Days Covenant With Nigerians – Muhammadu Buhari / First Lady Patience Jonathan Is At It Again – Funny / Who Are The Real PDP For The Past 15 Years?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.