Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,068 members, 7,828,782 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Guy Travels 5,000 Miles To Meet Stranger Facebook Suggested He'd Like ! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Guy Travels 5,000 Miles To Meet Stranger Facebook Suggested He'd Like ! (452 Views)

Tokunbo 2012 Toyota Venza XLE With 13K Miles @ 3.5M. / See What Victoria Xipolitakis Wore To Meet Pope / Dana Air Introduces Dana Miles Frequent Flyer Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Guy Travels 5,000 Miles To Meet Stranger Facebook Suggested He'd Like ! by Eljay24(m): 9:18am On Jan 12, 2015
While most people tend to ignore Facebook’s
friend suggestions, this Belgian student actually
traveled all the way to Austin, Texas to meet up
with a stranger just because the social network’s
algorithm suggested they become friends!
24-year-old Victor Van Rossem was intrigued
when Facebook displayed 49-year-old as a
‘suggested friend’, because they obviously had
no connection other than a mutual acquaintance.
“Facebook suggested we become friends, and I
thought that was pretty absurd,” Victor said.
But as he spent time looking through Neal’s
pictures, he became more and more interested in
the artist’s life. “I became fascinated by him. He
had a long beard and looked a little unusual. He
did art performances and paintings of mythical
creatures and strange beasts which only made
me more interested in him.”

(1) (Reply)

What Did Your Teacher/parents Told You About Buhari/idiagbon Regime / Hackers Take Control Of Newsweek Twitter Account; Threaten Obama, FBI To Investi / Inmates Break Into Calabar Prison Armoury

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 4
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.