Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,749 members, 7,820,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

- Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / (4139 Views)

Ambassador Dumps PDP For APC In Bayelsa / US Ambassador To Nigeria Visits Emir Of Kano: James Entwistle In Closed Door Mee / Why An Ideologically-distinct Two-party System Is Needed In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: by sparkleRed(f): 5:08pm On Jan 12, 2015
otil1:

My own take on the situation is simple. Jonathan is definitely not that leader that will take Nigeria to the promise land, but Buhari is definetly not a solution. I can give jonathan a very weak pass (39.9999%) but Buhari who, today, stands on the same pedestrian as Jonathan, as both have ruled Nigeria and must be judged based on their performance and known tendencies; cannot get my 30%. So who will replace near 40 with 30? I'd rather wait. How I wish we had a 3rd better candidate, but we don't. So I will wait out the bad dream
We do ve a third better candidate d female aspirant buh Ofcos u haven't considered ha, it's either Jona or buhari 4 pple, let's look @ d other Syd, buh gender discrimination will nt allow us
Re: by major466(m): 5:12pm On Jan 12, 2015
To even say that Buhari is ideologically vague is an achievement. The guy has nothing upstairs as far as 21st century ideology is concerned. Otherwise, Fela wouldn't have called him "Animal in human Skin".

1 Like

Re: by GLOBALX: 5:21pm On Jan 12, 2015
otil1:
Problem is the large no of youngsters on Nairaland who don't know Buhari.

I personally queued for a whole day to buy essential commodities and ended up getting nothing B'cos the warehouse stock finished b4 it got to about ten persons before me.

Meanwhile, even with WAI people would come with notes from Brigadier and get served

So what would you have done if u didnt queue?...Civilized people queue....so it is normal,if you couldn't buy,it means d stock wasn't enough to go round...simple
Re: by Abiagirl777(f): 6:07pm On Jan 12, 2015
otil1:

My own take on the situation is simple. Jonathan is definitely not that leader that will take Nigeria to the promise land, but Buhari is definetly not a solution. I can give jonathan a very weak pass (39.9999%) but Buhari who, today, stands on the same pedestrian as Jonathan, as both have ruled Nigeria and must be judged based on their performance and known tendencies; cannot get my 30%. So who will replace near 40 with 30? I'd rather wait. How I wish we had a 3rd better candidate, but we don't. So I will wait out the bad dream

God will prosper you dis 2015,in anoda tread i just likened Buhari and Jonathan as a broken mortar and derilict palmnuts.
Buhari cald Osinbajo Osinbande today in Owerri,doesn't even knw his VP's name.
Chai,Nigeria which way,i'm glad i don't a hv a PVc , am gonna sit out anoda four years of bad leadership

1 Like

Re: by Abiagirl777(f): 6:09pm On Jan 12, 2015
otil1:

God will prosper you dis 2015,in anoda tread i just likened Buhari and Jonathan as a broken mortar and derilict palmnuts.
Buhari cald Osibanjo Osinbande today in Owerri,doesn't even knw his VP's name.
Chai,Nigeria which way,i'm glad i don't a hv a PVc , am gonna sit out anoda four years of bad leadership

1 Like

Re: by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 12, 2015
otil1:

I personally queued for a whole day to buy essential commodities and ended up getting nothing B'cos the warehouse stock finished b4 it got to about ten persons before me.

Meanwhile, even with WAI people would come with notes from Brigadier and get served

Bros. you sef old like me.. i queued up to by a carton of peak milk (N30) and a bag of rice.. (N100)
Re: by jdilight(m): 6:35pm On Jan 12, 2015
Buhari and his supporters don't know the season or times we are. We are far ahead of brutal politics.
Re: by emeka2847: 4:17am On Jan 14, 2015
Guy, you're lying. Some of us here were also in that generation that queued. We queued to by at government regular prices. But there were abundant goods at the unregulated prices around.
otil1:

Re: by emeka2847: 4:19am On Jan 14, 2015
For you have asked, why are you thanking him for this post? Go and ask your elders again. Buhari was "wicked" to looters but kind to masses.
Xano:

Page saved. Youths don't ask elderly people the truth of past years. They(youth) support blindly and refuse to know the truth. I've asked and heard what he(Buhari) did when in authority, also what he said which incited violence in the north. Thank you for this post. The truth will always be revealed.
Re: by GoodluckLagos: 1:13pm On Jan 14, 2015
GEJ has not been vague in his commitments - he dedicates himself to a Nigeria unified by democracy and education, as he made clear in his speech in Lagos last week.

jdilight:
Buhari and his supporters don't know the season or times we are. We are far ahead of brutal politics.

If you believe in Buhari you won't be persuaded otherwise, but the fact is that he represents an era and form of government where journalists were executed for their reports. This is a form which belongs to the past. GEJ is the democratic alternative. Buhari only wants to regain power and has not given any policies, only offered dubious promises. GEJ has a record to stand by. Take a look at http://www.theglgp.com/.
Re: by jamace(m): 1:39pm On Jan 25, 2015
jdilight:
Exactly. Buhari supporters are still seeing the minigod ordering citizens into jail without trial. Democracy will disappoint them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Monguno: Chadian Helicopters Drop Food, Weapons For Boko Haram Terrorists- Pic / Soyinka Pulls Out Of President Jonathan’s “anti-terror” Rally In Lagos / Oni Of Ife: Abobaku Must Be Buried Alive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.