Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

What To Do When Loosing Weight Is Hard - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What To Do When Loosing Weight Is Hard (1018 Views)

Top 5 Reasons Why You Are Not Loosing Weight. No 3 Will Shock You / Best Food Routine For Loosing Weight? / Basic Understanding Of Green Coffee Slim Loosing Weight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Do When Loosing Weight Is Hard by latinojives(m): 3:18pm On Jan 12, 2015
We all know weight loss can be hard. but when it is tending towards impossible there is a problem and you might need to see a doctor to get it checked out. So if you fall in to the category of those who say "i keep adding weight dont know why"or "I gain weight when stressed out" or "I have tried it all and nothing seems to work" you might need to contact a Salvere lifestyl consultant or see a doctor.

Other body warning signs that might explain weight gain include; Irregular periods unusual fatigue, acne, and hair growth or loss.

conditions that might be directly linked to fat you cannot explain includes;

1. Stress for a long time
You should be familiar with cortisol; the stress hormone if you regularly read my articles. this hormone can be responsible for making fat harder to get rid of especially fat around the abs.

.A study conducted at the Ohio State Universityfound that women who experienced a stressor within 24 hours of eating a meal of 930 calories and 60 grams of fat burned 104 fewer calories than women who hadn’t experienced a stressor.

to sort this issue, you can make a lifestyle change to make your life less stressful,”

2. Depression
When I was in school we called some sort of junks depression food especially chocolates. Instead of indulged in "depression foods" If you are depressed for a long time or you might have a loved one in depression do not hesitate to speak to a health professional to help you figure out how to best treat depression if you suffer from it.

3. An underactive thyroid
This is also called Hypothyroidism this condition causes an upset in the production of thyroxine (T4) and triiodothyronine (T3),these hormones normally supports the metabolism. This condition often occur when your body is changing as in puberty or menopause( but not always), Symptoms can include sluggishness and a leaking from the nipples.

To find out if you really have this condition, see a doctor to examine the thyroid and carry out a series of blood tests.

4. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) is when a patient has benign cysts on her ovaries, as connected with an imbalance of hormones in the blood. people with this condition have high levels of "male" hormones , which affects their ability to ovulate and can cause acne and growth of hair on the body/face (in addition to obesity).

But by addressing your weight (with or without medication), you may be able to ease your symptoms so the good news is you effect the change.

5. Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a resistance to insulin, which affects the metabolization of glucose. Before developing type 2 diabetes, you may experience insulin resistance syndrome or prediabetes. At this stage, you can reverse the trend with changes to diet and exercise, so it’s important to receive an evaluation with a blood glucose test ASAP.

If you like my posts and want to learn more please visit www.salverelifestyl.com and subscribe to my weekly newsletters to learn more
Re: What To Do When Loosing Weight Is Hard by adanduka: 3:47pm On Jan 12, 2015
Join the 40days fast.

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Loosing Weight Is Hard by latinojives(m): 11:18am On Jan 15, 2015
adanduka:
Join the 40days fast.
It will shock you to find out that some people gain weight even when fasting, some people hardly eat yet they are still fat, some have tried it "all" this article is for such people
Re: What To Do When Loosing Weight Is Hard by adanduka: 11:32am On Jan 15, 2015
latinojives:

It will shock you to find out that some people gain weight even when fasting, some people hardly eat yet they are still fat, some have tried it "all" this article is for such people

If anyone gains weight while fasting, then the person is eating a lot and eating the wrong things when breaking the fast.
Most obese folks lack self control when it comes to food...
And yes this is a good article

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Loosing Weight Is Hard by latinojives(m): 12:52pm On Jan 20, 2015
thanks.... it would make sense if people learn the habit of doing check ups. I agree with you as regards people eating the wrong things when breaking their fasts. for some other people its simply an underlying problem so when you have gotten EVERYTHING RIGHT and you are still adding weight it could be any of the problems stated above or even something worse
adanduka:

If anyone gains weight while fasting, then the person is eating a lot and eating the wrong things when breaking the fast.
Most obese folks lack self control when it comes to food...
And yes this is a good article

(1) (Reply)

12 Things You Didn’t Know About Your Vagina / Please Can Anyone Tell Me Where I Can Do A Good Ultrasound Scan For My Wife / EMZOR UNVEILS PARA1000 – Maximum Relief In One Caplet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.