Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,032 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Is The Pop And The Catholic Church Infallible ??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Pop And The Catholic Church Infallible ??? (676 Views)

''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church / Man Who Donated His Hotel Building To Catholic Church, Turns Keke Napep Driver / Catholic Church Collapses In Enugu, Five Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Pop And The Catholic Church Infallible ??? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jan 13, 2015
Over the years have hard that d church is above mistake and that even the pop is infallible..
I'm a catholic and I don't think the statement is true.

What do u guys think.??
Re: Is The Pop And The Catholic Church Infallible ??? by iamodenigbo1(m): 1:42pm On Jan 13, 2015
if you ask me?
Re: Is The Pop And The Catholic Church Infallible ??? by italo: 2:46pm On Jan 13, 2015
Oceanbreeze07:
Over the years have hard that d church is above mistake and that even the pop is infallible..
I'm a catholic and I don't think the statement is true.
What do u guys think.??

Nobody teaches that the Church is above mistake.

What the Church teaches is that The Pope and the Catholic Church are infallible.

Infallibility means they cannot teach error because they are prevented from doing so by the Holy Spirit.

Beware that infallibility is very often misunderstood. Please read this link http://www.catholic.com/tracts/papal-infallibility if you still have objections or difficulties, I'll be glad to clarify.

1 Like

Re: Is The Pop And The Catholic Church Infallible ??? by plappville(f): 9:32pm On Jan 13, 2015
SMH....pope infallible grin
Re: Is The Pop And The Catholic Church Infallible ??? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jan 13, 2015
plappville:
SMH....pope infallible grin

Wats ur opinion dear?
Re: Is The Pop And The Catholic Church Infallible ??? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jan 13, 2015
italo:

Nobody teaches that the Church is above mistake.

What the Church teaches is that The Pope and the Catholic Church are infallible.

Infallibility means they cannot teach error because they are prevented from doing so by the Holy Spirit.

Beware that infallibility is very often misunderstood. Please read this link http://www.catholic.com/tracts/papal-infallibility if you still have objections or difficulties, I'll be glad to clarify.

Would advice u look up dah definition of infallibility cos thers a lot of perspective as to dah definition of dah word..!!

Could mean * incapable of misleading people or can not be wrong*..!!
These statements r synonyms n cn be very misleading.!!!

If the church is infallible, dat means d priest r 2 cos they r d leaders of the church.!!
Re: Is The Pop And The Catholic Church Infallible ??? by italo: 8:24am On Jan 14, 2015
Oceanbreeze07:

Would advice u look up dah definition of infallibility cos thers a lot of perspective as to dah definition of dah word..!!

Could mean * incapable of misleading people or can not be wrong*..!!
These statements r synonyms n cn be very misleading.!!!
The Catholic teaching of infallibility states that the bold is true about the Pope and the Catholic Church in the following conditions:

1. The pronouncement must be made by the official successor to Peter.

2. The subject matter must be in the area of faith and morals.

3. The Pope must be speaking ex cathedra (from the chair) of Peter, and must be intending to proclaim a doctine that binds the entire Church to assent.
Oceanbreeze07:
If the church is infallible, dat means d priest r 2 cos they r d leaders of the church.!!

The Catholic Church doesn't teach that all leaders or priests of the Church are infallible. In fact, even individual bishops are not infallible. The body of bishops however is infallible when it makes a pronouncement in union with the pope...under the conditions stated above.

Priests should draw their teachings from the infallible teachings of the Church.

Do you still have objections or difficulties?

(1) (Reply)

Islam Began Strange, And It Will Become Strange Again / When You Walk Through The Valley And Shadow Of Death (Photo) / Buy Very Sharp Toyota Camry 2010 In Lagos.....................(spider) VIEW PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.