Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,230 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Great Christian Literature You Have Read And Recommend To Others - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Great Christian Literature You Have Read And Recommend To Others (750 Views)

A Great Christian Inspirational / My Visit To Heaven (new Revelation ) [READ AND SHARE] / Total Healing Testimonies. Read And Remain Blessed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Great Christian Literature You Have Read And Recommend To Others by brotherly: 4:28pm On Jan 13, 2015
Are there very sound Christian literature you have read and would recommended for other Christians to read? please share these titles .

For me these books blessed my life and I feel other Christians should see them too

1. The disciplines of a Godly man -------Kent Hughes
This is one very rich book with a rare message for Christians serious about Godliness in these endtime. At the end of the book there is a compendium of books that have affected respected Men of God the most.

2. The Jesus I never knew ----- Philip Yancy
I always like Yancy's books because he brings to bare his excellent literary know-how in a form that keeps his writings exciting and passing his message across in a most compelling way.

3. Lord Change me ----- Evelyn Christenson
Do you always think the change should happen in the next person and not you? Do you always find it difficult preaching to people without success? have you ever considered the impact youR life has on others who watch and take decisions without even making you know? . Then read this book

4. In His steps ---- Charles Sheldon
What will Jesus Do? This is one question if applied to our challenging decisions would make a whole world of difference. The book gives a very compelling story of how a drunk woke up a church from religious norms to actually living the life of Christ

5. Man in the Mirror -----Patrick morley
One very rich , practical and honest book from an author that started by having things his way until life taught him to return to the rudiments~ the very things he always knew but struggled to suppress ever since. take a look at the mirror you find someone there, that man needs to change , than man is YOU

6 Lift up your Heart ------ Fulton sheen
I saw this book and in my naïve "Pentecostal pride" , I wrote if off when I saw the author is not one of the "Pentecostals". I shamefully learnt that my assumptions were altogether wrong. you want to be awakened to how vain the things we struggle for are? then this book is yours. Infact I am still looking for a bookshop where I can get a fresh copy because the one I read was one slightly torn copy which I bought second hand.

7 Why revival Tarrries ----- Leonard Ravenhill
Looking for a book where a single page can keep you meditating for days? Then look no further , this small book will quicken you and awaken the revival fire in you.

Please share yours and let others be blessed.

1 Like

Re: Great Christian Literature You Have Read And Recommend To Others by elantraceey(f): 5:16pm On Jan 13, 2015
Good morning holy spirit- Benny hynn

Battlefield of the mind - joyce meyer

just to mention a few.

1 Like

Re: Great Christian Literature You Have Read And Recommend To Others by brotherly: 5:20pm On Jan 13, 2015
^^^^^^

Yes those are nice books.

Another book worthy of mention is

God chaser ------ Tommy tenney

1 Like

Re: Great Christian Literature You Have Read And Recommend To Others by HFOG(f): 7:26pm On Jan 13, 2015
I was wrong - Jim Baker
Passion and purity - Elisabeth Eliot
Shadow of the Almighty - Elisabeth Eliot
The Heavenly Man (about Brother Yun. Forgotten the author)
Re: Great Christian Literature You Have Read And Recommend To Others by brotherly: 7:33pm On Jan 13, 2015
^^^^^^

I have Jim Bakers book but looks so bulky that I have not had the discipline start it .

For Elisabeth Eliot I heard rave reviews of "Through the gates of splendor" I bought the book but the beginning pages have not been catchy enough to make me really commit to reading it
Re: Great Christian Literature You Have Read And Recommend To Others by brotherly: 10:07am On Jan 14, 2015
Another great book worthy of mention is "Suffering, losing Sacrificing and Dying" by Dag Heward Mills
Re: Great Christian Literature You Have Read And Recommend To Others by Anas09: 8:54pm On Jan 14, 2015
Mehn, there r really good books. The Fourth Dimention by Paul Yongicho. The purpose Driven Life by Rick Werren. The Assignment Mike Muduck. How to work with the Holy Spirit Kenneth E Hagin. If u r a serious minded christian u'd find this books verY useful.

(1) (Reply)

It Is Better To Raise Your Children As Atheist - Study Says / Where Is The Garden Of Eden / The trend of Gospel Artistes Featuring Circular Artistes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.