Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,183 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

The Difference Between Brain And Mind - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Difference Between Brain And Mind (988 Views)

5 Optical Illusions That Will Mess With Your Brain, And Why. / My Sister Result Brain And Beauty..pics / See This Creative And Mind Blowing Alliterations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Difference Between Brain And Mind by Timzyy(m): 4:29pm On Jan 13, 2015
Recently, I replied a post here on Nairaland and I use 'Brain' but someone quoted me and was like it should have been 'Mind'
Gurus in the house, what is the difference between this Two words....
Re: The Difference Between Brain And Mind by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jan 13, 2015
Timzyy:
Recently, I replied a post here on Nairaland and I use 'Brain' but someone quoted me and was like it should have been 'Mind'
as a psychology student lemme give it a shot... Brain is a machinary (hardware) Mind is one of his outputs. Mind is related to Consciousness but Consciousness is not the only output of brain. Several Unconscious function are performed by Brain related for example to heart beat, digestion, blod pressure, muscles regulation and so on.

Just mind is one of the several product the Brain can give. The ways it can give all of them is not so clear. The code (or codes) used by brain are far to be understood. In short, Mind is an ouptput of the brain but being not the single outpt, brain is much more than simply the Mind.
Re: The Difference Between Brain And Mind by DaPhilosopher(m): 7:38pm On Jan 13, 2015
Mind is just a term used by psychologists! Many arguments have been raised concerning its real existence, location, functions, etc,. This issue is more wider in Philosophy and there are lot of scholars that clearly claim that mind and brain are distinct elements. If anyone thinks there is a mind independent in man, then bring it on with good arguments. For me, mind is a term confused with brain acts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Difference Between Brain And Mind by Timzyy(m): 9:39pm On Jan 13, 2015
Sammyblake:
as a psychology student lemme give it a shot... Brain is a machinary (hardware) Mind is one of his outputs. Mind is related to Consciousness but Consciousness is not the only output of brain. Several Unconscious function are performed by Brain related for example to heart beat, digestion, blod pressure, muscles regulation and so on.

Just mind is one of the several product the Brain can give. The ways it can give all of them is not so clear. The code (or codes) used by brain are far to be understood. In short, Mind is an ouptput of the brain but being not the single outpt, brain is much more than simply the Mind.
luv your approach... U talkin more like a computer programmer... Tnx learns something

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Brain And Mind by agafiya: 12:10am On Jan 14, 2015
Timzyy:
You should have asked the person the difference.
Re: The Difference Between Brain And Mind by Timzyy(m): 6:49am On Jan 14, 2015
agafiya:

You should have asked the person the difference.
undecided undecided I decided to ask it here cos i wanted different views from different people.. Besyds, i wuld appreciate an answer from u if u got non, stay off the Post....

(1) (Reply)

All Mathematics Formular / 20 Ways Nigerian Students Cheat During Exam (must Read) / Vice-chancellor Michael Okpara Reacting To Critics… Prof Edeoga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.